Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Phuket Airport to Ratsada Pier to Phi Phi to Phi Phi Village

Posted by sandinelau on 19/1/2008 at 23:04

I land at Phuket Airport at 1:05 pm. My end destination is Phi Phi Village (I'm travelling in March 2008). I've read many sites that say the last ferry to Phi Phi is at 1:30 pm, but I have also read 2:30 pm. Is there an official website somewhere that will confirm that the last ferry is definitely 2:30 pm? What is the approximate cost (again, I've seen many different prices quoted) and time? Also, how do I get from Phuket Airport to Ratsada Pier? How much can I expect to pay? Some say t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,367 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/1/2008 at 05:59

Decent one-night guesthouse in Phuket near the ferry?

Posted by jessie604 on 19/1/2008 at 15:32

Any suggestions? I have no reservations, and will arrive in Phuket aroudn 8pm from Bangkok. Looking to just stay overnight and catch the early ferry to Ko Phi Phi. This is for January 22nd, 2008. Thanks- Jess ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,078 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 20/1/2008 at 00:28

TOUR OPERATORS IN KANCHANABURI

Posted by RACER283 on 18/1/2008 at 03:38

Hello there, Has anybody used any of the following tour companies in Kanchanaburi for day trips and what was your experience with them? GOOD TIMES TRAVEL BT TRAVEL TOI'S TOURS Thank you all for any help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,363 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by RACER283 on 19/1/2008 at 22:27

TAT - what is the deal

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/4/2006 at 07:46

A recent post brought up usage of the TAT acronym -- what it really stands for is Tourist Authority of Thailand. The real TAT only furnish travel information -- they do not offer any type of booking or reservation service. In Bangkok and elsewhere you'll come across travel agents who call themselves TAT -- they get away with it by arguing their TAT acronym stands for something -- eg Touts and Twits -- these business are shysters selling overpriced tours to unsuspecting tourists who think they ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,043 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Lam_merison on 18/1/2008 at 19:43

Who know name of this temple?

Posted by cybervlad on 15/1/2008 at 14:47

Hello all, While my trip on Isan in December I visited a temple near Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat). It located near junction highways 2 and 24, between Sikhiu and Nakhon Ratchasima. This is a very popular place among Thai people because there is the monk sitting many years in deep meditation and big image of this monk made from black stone. Unfortunately, I can't read Thai but all information was on Thai only. Here is links to 2 photos: http://cybervlad.net/MyAlbum/2007_12-Thailand/1059.jpg ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,233 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 18/1/2008 at 17:09

Three pagoda pass border

Posted by mick110971 on 18/1/2008 at 10:40

Hi everyone was wondwering if the checkpoint was open. It was Closed last time i was there and will be back in that region shortly.I think you can get a day pass? Cheers Mick ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,440 times, with no replies.

Thailand Visa

Posted by dazm26 on 7/1/2008 at 17:58

I will be entering Thailand overland and have no idea how long i will be staying, although i do know it will not exceed 30 days. How does this work please, do i need a tourist visa os i dont have proof of onward travel? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,914 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 18/1/2008 at 10:30

weather

Posted by beemeers on 18/1/2008 at 03:37

Will be traveling to Thailand April-July I have looked at the weather map, just wondering if anyone has personal experience of being in the souther region of thailand for these months and how bad the weather is... for rain. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,265 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 18/1/2008 at 10:26

Railay Bay Resort

Posted by natalie76 on 17/1/2008 at 10:32

Dear all I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Railay Bay Resort? It is next door to the Sand & Sea resort. I'm trying to find a place in Railay Beach for my honeymoon in November that is still reasonably priced but great! Any suggestions would be very helpful - thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,975 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 17/1/2008 at 17:07

Thai weather - difference between march and april?

Posted by RichP101 on 14/1/2008 at 10:17

Hello all, I'd originally planned to arrive in Thailand for a month from mid-march to mid-April. Having read around, it seems that April is the most hot & humid time and can get unbearable in places. Is there much difference in heat/humidity between going mid-feb to mid-march, and mid-march to mid-april? I'd prefer to do the latter, but the weather reports are a bit offputting. I'd be looking to spend a few days each in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, and a good amount of time partying on the isl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,743 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by darrenh on 15/1/2008 at 22:23

Please help----need lodging, but have no reservation

Posted by davester13 on 14/1/2008 at 13:23

Hello, Thanks for reading and replying. I'm flying into Bangkok tomorrow (Jan. 15) and I'd like to stay in relatively cheap & quiet area near (but not too near) Kao San Rd, but I don't have a reservation and I'm realizing that I may need one for many places. Your suggestions for what to do, where to stay? Also, what's a good way of getting there from the airport----one not too expensive? Taxi, bus? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,174 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by davester13 on 14/1/2008 at 15:53

Bangkok Accomodation - HELP!

Posted by HMungo on 11/1/2008 at 22:31

Has anyone got any tips on where to stay in Bagkok? I think we want to be on the Khao San Road, in a clean but relatively cheap place. We'll probably be staying for one night only. Any suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,956 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 14/1/2008 at 13:59

Getting to Koh Lipe

Posted by dlewingt on 3/1/2008 at 03:50

My wife and I are planning a trip to Thailand in Feb/08. We plan to visit Koh Lipe and have heard there is a travel advisory for the southern provinces and Hat Yai. Is it as dangerous as the advisory suggests? We were planning to fly into Hat Yai from Bangkok and then take a minibus to Pak Bara. Is there a safer way to get to Pak Bara such as flying into Satun or Padang (Malaysia)? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,644 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Antaro on 13/1/2008 at 23:25

Udon Thani to Phitsanulok

Posted by swag on 3/1/2008 at 05:14

Hi all, I am hoping to find some info on the above trip via bus. Does anyone know where this might leave from,cost,times,duration etc. Regards ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,319 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by goo_stewart on 13/1/2008 at 20:43

Shall i book the train from BKK to Chiang Mai early?

Posted by applejy on 30/11/2007 at 23:39

Hi..Can i check with anyone here that if i were to go chiang mai from BKK by train, should i book early or can i book 2-3 days before departure? When is the peak season for the train? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,369 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by applejy on 13/1/2008 at 08:08

GETTING AROUND IN THAILAND

Posted by RACER283 on 4/1/2008 at 00:56

Hello, My wife and I will be in Thailand in Feb.'08 We were thinking about the best transportation method (bus or train) and routing for the following: BANGKOK TO KANCHANBURI ( KWAI BRIDGE + ERAWAN FALLS) KANCHANBRI TO AYUTHAYA (TEMPLES) AYUTHAYA TO SUKHOTHAI (TEMPLES) SUKHOTHAI TO LAMPANG (ELEPHANT CONSERVATION CENTRE) LAMPANG TO CHIANG MAI. 1-Is it better to go back to Bangkok to get to AYUTHAYA or easier from KANCHANBURI? 2-I was told there is no train station in SUKHOTHAI. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,880 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 12/1/2008 at 00:06

Lamai, Koh Samui

Posted by gogirlgo on 10/1/2008 at 21:53

Gotta tell everyone about how good Lamai is. Last time we went to Chaweng & had a great time but it was too overdone. Lamai is Chaweng ten years ago I guess, Its got everything including great beaches, fantastic night life & good shopping. My boyfriend & I loved the girly bars around the Muy Thai boxing arena near to Macdonalds. The one in the far corner called "Good Luck bar" I think was great fun. It has drop dead gorgeous girls that are real friendly & I had a great time dancing with them on ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,302 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 11/1/2008 at 23:59

Ko Muk - Hiking? Bike or Scooter rental?

Posted by Lizzo on 11/1/2008 at 14:09

I'm planning a trip to Ko Muk in May. Does anyone know if you can hike on the island? How do you get from one side of the island to the other? Can you rent a bike or scooter? Any other suggestions - where to eat, etc. - would be much appreciated. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,042 times, with no replies.

Pattaya-Trat bus question

Posted by jbanana on 7/12/2007 at 07:49

Greetings all, My travel companion and I are flying from Samui to Pattaya and would like to continue on to Trat (and the Cambodian border) via bus. I have noticed that the airport in Pattaya is located well east of town, and I am wondering if we can catch a bus from near the airport. How and where can we catch a bus heading to Trat? Also, does anyone know a rough cost for this bus trip? Many thanks, Janna ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 18,041 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 11/1/2008 at 09:53

Ayutthaya or Sukhothai?

Posted by msaw on 10/1/2008 at 19:23

If you had to choose to visit either 1 of these 2 cities which one would you choose? I'm aware of the difference between them but I still can't decide!!! What's everyone's opinion? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,200 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/1/2008 at 20:13

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page