Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Coconut Bungalows Koh Samet

Posted by Canadiana2007 on 30/11/2007 at 20:16

Hey Everyone, I'm new to this board and can't seem to find a msg search function...so there may be something on here about this already, my apoligies if so. Has anyone ever stayed at the Coconut Bungalows on Koh Samet? If so, what did you think? They're listed in Lonely Planet, but I can't seem to find anything about them online... Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,093 times, with no replies.

Pai or Soppong ?

Posted by jojo on 30/11/2007 at 10:33

I was in Pai the first time in feb. 2002, and again this year (nov 2007). i must say it changed alot. seems like they are upgrading this small town in the mountains to be an up-market destination. the hippie-flair is almost gone. so what to do ? i went 30mls farther to soppong / Pang Ma Pha and was surprised how unspoiled and neat this area is - amazing ! even good accommodation is available, i.e. Little Eden or T-Rex guesthouse. but i stranded at a place named Rim Doi, a cosy little resort r ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,509 times, with no replies.

Hornbill Huts Koh Phayam

Posted by Steffitom on 30/11/2007 at 02:02

Hi All, is there anybody who has experience about Koh Phayam? We would like to stay in the hornbill huts or at Mrs. Gaos. Did somebody know that bungalows and could perhaps tell me something about them and the location? Greatings Stefanie Greithanner ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,951 times, with no replies.

Chang Mai-Libra Guesthouse? Good cookery Course?

Posted by shrn62 on 23/11/2007 at 02:16

Hey there, spending 6 days in Chang Mai..possibly 3 day trek adn 2 day cookery course..the thai cookery school looks good but a bit expensive-anyone any exp or recommendations for good budget course? also heard the Libra Guesthouse is nice..shoudl we book for the nite before the trek and organise the trek from there or book it before we go? any help greatly appreciated! ;) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,948 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by shrn62 on 29/11/2007 at 15:21

Independent Bo Koh Chang

Posted by Steffitom on 29/11/2007 at 04:07

Hi, is there anybody, you stayed in the Independent Bo on Koh Chang? If there is somebody, could you please tell me something about the Bungalows, the people and the area, where it is? Does anybody know if they have an email adress, where i could ask about the availability in the high season in march 2008? Hoping for many answers. Thanks Stefanie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,887 times, with no replies.

Hill Tribes in Thailand vs Hill Tribes in Laos

Posted by nateyu on 29/11/2007 at 01:51

Hi, I was wondering if any of you out there no how different the experience would be between doing a Hill Tribe trek in Chiang Mai, Thailand vs one in Luang Prabang, Laos. Any particular one that people recomend? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,463 times, with no replies.

First Time Visitor Flying in on the 3rd of December

Posted by tulles22 on 28/11/2007 at 11:02

hey all, I'm a 23 yearold Canadian guy straight out of University who's making his first trip to Thailand. I fly into Bangkok December 3rd, and have 5weeks to kill before I start a TEFL/TESOL course in Phuket. This site has provided tons of great information about backpacking and some of the locations to check out, I just have two questions that I would love some feedback on.....1) should I bring my laptop, or will it be more of a hassel then an asset....2)is there any travel insurance recommend ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,527 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tulles22 on 28/11/2007 at 12:55

connectin flights

Posted by darrenh on 24/11/2007 at 04:25

was just wondering if anyone had any info on china airlines. im flying with them to bangkok and i want to book a flight out of bkk that day to chiang mai. my concern is about their punctuality?? do they arrive on time?? any info is much appreciated. thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,236 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by darrenh on 27/11/2007 at 06:52

Hi...cheapest and most easy way to town from airport!

Posted by applejy on 26/11/2007 at 16:34

Hi.anyone can tell me what is the cost and time taken from new airport to the town? Which If taking the airport express to the train station,how much will the train or skytrain cost to the town? Thanks! Apple ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,867 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 26/11/2007 at 22:09

Diving in Thailand

Posted by kman on 11/11/2007 at 10:28

Hi, I'm hoping to do some diving while in Thailand and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the 'best' places. I've read that depending on the time of the year divers can see mantas and potentially whale-sharks. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,619 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travelhappy on 22/11/2007 at 20:15

planning my First trip in to Thailand

Posted by Maja on 21/11/2007 at 14:36

Hello all! I'm absolute newcomer here :-) don't know too much about Thailand, but know one thing for sure -want visit this country! My idea is to come to Bangkok, rent there a car and go by car till Satun. and then spend there a relaxing week. That's why I want to ask you, who already know Thailand from its "inside" I'd say, some advices :-) 1)how will be the weather in February? cause I'm planning my trip in February. 2) is it possible in general to go from Bangkok to Satun?..is it convinient ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,737 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/11/2007 at 11:06

Visa

Posted by Louise73 on 19/11/2007 at 18:38

I plan to be in Thailand for longer than 30 days. Will I have problems getting the 30 day visa if my return ticket says longer 30 days stay and I have no other ticket showing further travel? Is there any way I can apply for a extension before I travel? If not is it easy to cross a border and cross back the same day in order to get a new 30 day visa? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,583 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/11/2007 at 10:58

Accommodation near the airport

Posted by paul123456789 on 19/11/2007 at 20:01

Any suggestions for cheap, clean, good accommodation near the airport? - mainly for people arriving late and leaving early. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,774 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by chrisa77 on 21/11/2007 at 23:43

south Lanta or Ngai?

Posted by shoreliner on 20/11/2007 at 20:36

Have only 8 short nights in Thailand to fit in one andaman island and khao sok national park (greedy, I know, but…). After checking things out a little my thought for the island where either a south lanta beach (mai pai or khlong jaak) or koh nagi or maybe even koh kradan. The only “problem” is the distance between khao sok and any of these islands. I wouldn’t want to “waste” a whole precious day on the road between them and to sleep in krabi or trang town. Lanta seems slightly clo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,454 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by shoreliner on 21/11/2007 at 11:05

Help! I need to get from Ko Tarutao to Phi Phi by boat - is there such a way?

Posted by cat on 21/11/2007 at 01:13

I am traveling from Ko Lipe to Ko Tarutao and then want to get the Phi Phi or Krabi area. Is there a ferry I can get from Ko Tarutoa/Ko Lipe to Phi Phi/Krabi or do I have to go back to the Mainland. I am only there for 10ish days so want to quickest and nicest way to travel... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,335 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/11/2007 at 09:58

Phuket Budget places

Posted by sunnyukmarky on 19/11/2007 at 11:00

I have been to thailand 5 times but never to Phuket. Can you tell me where are the best budget places to stay 400Bht max near the beache or even not so near.Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,409 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/11/2007 at 17:53

WIFI

Posted by sunnyukmarky on 20/11/2007 at 11:02

Is there internet Wifi on Phuket? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,601 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/11/2007 at 17:52

Chiang Mai to Chiang Khong

Posted by korourke on 20/11/2007 at 09:09

Does anyone know a good way to get from Chiang Mai to Chiang Khong (to cross the border). Cost and time frame also? Thanks for your help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,255 times, with no replies.

Pay accomodation in full in advance

Posted by licasi on 19/11/2007 at 19:31

I have booked one night at the Jungle rafts in Kanchanaburi. I think it looks like such an experience and wanted to book directly through their own web site. I'm supposed to transfer money (100%) to their account, since they don't do credit cards, and I have never been asked to do this before.. Is this ok ?? I'm planning our first trip ever to Thailand and it sure is a different experience.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,894 times, with no replies.

Koh Phi Phi quality bungalows??

Posted by timmc on 15/11/2007 at 02:14

I'm struggling to find a good quality bungalow on Phi Phi - the reviews suggest both love and hate for some of the cheaper options, whilst the costlier hotels are too expensive and not what I'm looking for. A good quality place a little away from the nightlife. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,822 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/11/2007 at 11:39

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page