Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok to Phuket to Phi Phi to Ko Tao

Posted by kelpeta on 16/11/2007 at 18:20

HI Any advice on the best way (other than flying) to get from Bangkok to Phuket to Phi Phi to Ko Tao and back to Bangkok? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,878 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/11/2007 at 08:58

The real deal on money belts

Posted by planetclare on 29/7/2007 at 05:58

I'd love to get some opinions on the necessity of wearing money belts in Thailand. I've traveled pretty extensively in Europe, and have never used a money belt, and have never had any problems with theft. Perhaps I've just been lucky, but they've always seemed to me to be a cumbersome, uncomfortable, flashing neon sign screaming, "Tourist! Tourist!" Instead, I prefer to always keep an eye (or more often, a hand) on my purse, and to keep my passport tucked away in an interior zippered pocket so i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,714 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by annu75 on 16/11/2007 at 15:25

Thailand election day - Dec 23

Posted by explorer_23 on 15/11/2007 at 12:20

I will be in Bangkok during the proposed election day on Sunday, Dec 23. I want to know whether it's business as usual or business is close/delay in opening hours for shops and shopping centres. How about Chatuchak Weekend Market ? Do they open on that particular day. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,802 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by breconion on 16/11/2007 at 14:01

Good destinations in Thailand for meeting people?

Posted by aludel on 15/11/2007 at 12:38

Hi all! This is my first time travelling alone, and I'm wondering which places (ouside of Bangkok) are the best for meeting other travellers? I've just spent two weeks doing northern Thailand and I found that the crowd was generally a bit older (I'm in my early 20s) and/or couples. I'm now keen to head south but I'm wary of being stuck with families/honeymooners/sex tourists.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Al ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,550 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by goo_stewart on 16/11/2007 at 10:26

has anyone had any experience with www.travelhubchiangmai.com?

Posted by annu75 on 16/11/2007 at 01:26

i was wondering if any of you ever went through them, they seem like they have the best prices out there and i was about to book my trip from chiang mai to luang prabang with them. any good/bad experiences? thank you travelfishies;-) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,165 times, with no replies.

Minor physical limitations..... will they be an issue?

Posted by urbal on 15/11/2007 at 02:45

I have some minor physical limitations and I am wondering if these things will be an issue while in Thailand / Laos / Cambodia. My goal is to visit remote locations and visit spots off the main touristy-travel agenda. I am unable to use chopsticks due to dexterity issues, will this be a problem? Should I bring my own silverware? I wear plastic leg braces which sit inside my shoe (they don't work unless my shoes are on) to prevent ankle drop and to help me walk..... will I have any issues ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,600 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by urbal on 16/11/2007 at 00:29

Bangkok accommodations

Posted by anmi212 on 16/10/2007 at 23:15

Hi, I need a place to stay in Bangkok for 2 or 3 nites at the beginning of the trip. maybe somewhere near (but prolly not on) khao san road. it's my boyfriend's first time in thailand so i thought he should have the whole khao san road experience but not so sure i want to actually stay on it again. looking for anything up to about $40 USD or so but of course the cheaper the better. oh, and if possible, we'd love a private bathroom. any suggestions??? Thanks!!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,591 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by anmi212 on 15/11/2007 at 23:51

Island hopping Ko Maak - any suggestion to save money food wise?

Posted by talesofloriandmark on 13/11/2007 at 13:48

Just in Vientiene right now looking to head to Ko Chang and Ko Maak. . . Curious if the islands in Thailand are like Fiji in the sense the accomodation is cheap and the food is expensive. . . any suggestion on what to bring from Trat to Ko Maak? We were eatting pretty cheaply in Luang Pabang with a combination of street food and a cheap restaurants for lunch time shade keeping it around $10 a day for food and $4 a day in accomodation. We would like to keep our budget to about $15 a day for the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,448 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/11/2007 at 23:49

where to stay in phuket to get to phi phi easy?

Posted by darrenh on 13/11/2007 at 18:40

hi, great website. think my girlfriend is jealous of it, i spend so much time on it!! i will be arriving at phuket airport and staying on the island for 2 days before going to phi phi. i am looking for somewhere that is not too quite but not as busy as Patong and also easy to get to the pier for the boat to phi phi? any suggestions will be much appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,370 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by shore9 on 15/11/2007 at 08:24

Getting around Phuket Island

Posted by shore9 on 12/11/2007 at 07:27

I will be getting off at the pier in Phuket (from Railay) and want to goto Kata beach, then further on to Patong beach the next day. After that I will be heading to the airport. Any suggestions as to how to get around, and how much will it cost? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,277 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/11/2007 at 07:56

Are there any dry islands at the moment?

Posted by rocketgirl on 12/11/2007 at 17:27

Is anyone currently on a thai island thats not in the rain? My friend would like some beach time before she heads home, but it sounds like they're all raining at the moment. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,224 times, with no replies.

5 Weeks for a little of everything?

Posted by natesta on 12/11/2007 at 05:20

I've seen the suggested itinerary for SE Asia with 4 weeks but was wondering what the pace of that trip would be? Would we constantly be on the move? We have about 5 weeks in July/August and would like to see the "must see" things, without constantly being on the move. Would 2 weeks in Vietnam South->North 2 Weeks in Thailand, Jungles and Islands, 4 Days in Cambodia to see Ankor Wat and Phnom Phnh work out? Is there anywhere we should add more time to, or less to? We've also heard g ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,393 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/11/2007 at 07:06

Getting to Suvarnabhumi from Hua Lamphong

Posted by pauljaymes on 8/11/2007 at 19:42

Hi, I'm getting off an overnight train next week at Hua Lamphong and I need to get to Suvarnabhumi. I should have plenty of time - 4 hours or so if the train is on time - but I'm a bit worried that I can't find any information on the buses. Incoming I took AE1 and changed to the MRT to Hua Lamphong at Silom, but I couldn't find any info for the return journey. It almost seems worth taking a taxi to Khao San Road and picking up the airport express bus there - anyone got any ideas? P ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,309 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by pauljaymes on 11/11/2007 at 18:50

Pre Booking Flights, Trains, Rooms, Etc.

Posted by kman on 11/11/2007 at 10:25

Hi everyone, We're first time travelers (2ppl) to Thailand arriving Nov 18th (at 00:05) and departing December 6th. I'm wondering how necessary it is to book domestic flights, train/bus rides and accomodation ahead of time (i.e. book them now before we arrive). We normally like to 'play it by ear' however I've read a lot about it being the high-season and am getting a little nervous. Will we be ok or will be be sleeping on the streets and stuck in one place with no transportation? :) Th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,339 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 11/11/2007 at 11:22

The best way to get to Ko Maak from Siem Reap

Posted by sprengja on 11/11/2007 at 00:59

Hi! We are planning to visit Angkor Wat and then want to go to Ko Maak. Who knows the best connection??? Do we have to go back to Bangkok or is there any other possibility? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,456 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/11/2007 at 08:12

best beaches on lanta for swimming

Posted by dovers on 7/11/2007 at 00:43

hi we are planning our 3rd visit to thailand in jan 2008, travelfish pointed us in the direction of ko libong last year and we were not dissapointed, so thanks to Tezza for that, i would reccomend Ko libong resort to any one who wants it quiet , friendly and kinda village style, this time round we are heading to yao yai and then want to move south to ko lanta, we have spent plenty time in the andaman area but never actually visited lanta before... anyway we've been looking at the beaches to the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,241 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by planetclare on 11/11/2007 at 03:46

Ideas for Christmas and New Year

Posted by dee27 on 1/11/2007 at 19:19

Hi Guys Im travelling on my own and hoping to stay in Phi Phi for Christmas and New Year, good idea for a start? Id be grateful for some recommendations for places that are value for money (im prepared for an increase in prices!) and good to meet other travellers to spend the holidays with. Cheers! Dee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,051 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dee27 on 9/11/2007 at 16:04

Ayuthaya - storage for bags?

Posted by rocketgirl on 8/11/2007 at 09:08

I'm currently in Kanchanaburi and want to head north towards Chiang Mai. I was thinking of travelling via Ayuthaya as I love old temples and architecture. My friend is not that interested in these things, so was just planning on having an afternoon there. how feasible is this? Is there anywhere we could store our bags for the afternoon, while we wait for the night train or would we need to book a guesthouse for the night. Also can you see much of the sights in just an afternoon? Lastly how ea ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,345 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by pythagnz on 9/11/2007 at 02:27

Staying in Ao Nang, Krabi?????

Posted by pippaodonovan on 8/11/2007 at 13:40

Attenion all backpackers heading to Ao Nang. About 200 meters up the road from Ao Nang beach is a guest house called 'Non Geed' It is situated opposite McDonalds. Under no circumstances stay here!!!!! The staff have access too all the rooms, they watch to see when you go out and enter your room and steal your belongings!!!!!!! They did this to me and got away with about 800 dollars all together! they are very clever and know the there is nothing you can do once they have stolen from you. I mad ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,950 times, with no replies.

Visa Run in Ranong

Posted by Harry05 on 8/11/2007 at 03:39

Saw quite a few topics about visa runs in Ranong, but not about this concrete question. Will enter Thailand from the south (Phuket), travel around and then head up north. Maybe after 12-13 days I will be in Ranong where I wanna do a visa run so I can take my time travelling in northern direction till Laos (maybe totally I will stay max. 35-40 days in Thailand). Do you have to be a certain amount of days in Thailand before getting a new permit for 30 days? If yes, what's the minimum? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,912 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/11/2007 at 09:19

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page