Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bus from Surat Thaini to Karabi or Phuket

Posted by KRStamm on 17/10/2007 at 00:32

How do you get from Surat Thani to Karabi or Phuket by bus? Is there a site where I can see times or departure and arrival. We have decided to travel from BKK to ST (by over night train) to Karabi or Phuket (I guess you have to take a bus) or is there a more direct route that is shorter? Please help!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,175 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by KRStamm on 24/10/2007 at 04:43

Best Island at Peak

Posted by jenkellyxx on 23/10/2007 at 20:44

I'm arriving with my oh on christmas eve and will be staying in Bangkok for 2 days then down to Phuket for a couple of days. I am then wanting to go to an island with white sands, good for snorkelling and a little, little bit going on in the evening which can be fairly easy accessed from Phuket, here we will stay for close to 2 weeks. Ko Phi Phi was my first choice but as its peak season i don't fancy the sound of it after reading a few threads. Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advanc ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,323 times, with no replies.

Snorkeling in Koh Samui

Posted by bryanmaytham on 23/10/2007 at 18:50

Hi, I am off to Koh Samui in January for 8 days and am wanting to know which beaches are the best for snorkeling. I will definately be checking out Koh Tao and possibly some other islands close by but are there any areas that are on Koh Samui that are worth a visit. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,362 times, with no replies.

Purchasing Rucksack - Bangkok

Posted by Mimi on 23/10/2007 at 05:17

Hi everyone, I'm travelling to Thailand for the first time in December and was wondering how easily I could purchase a sturdy rucksack (about 70L) in Bangkok. If they're easy to find, where in particular can I find one? I live in a small town here and they are anything between $200-$300. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,731 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Mimi on 23/10/2007 at 12:16

Nong Khai to Sukothai

Posted by swag on 23/10/2007 at 08:39

Hi all, I need to travel the above trip early next year. Does anyone know if there is a direct bus from Nong Khai or is it better to get the train from Udon Thani to Phitsanulok then bus across to Sukothai. Any info would be greatly appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,381 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/10/2007 at 08:52

Anyone been to "chumphon" ?

Posted by allison1 on 22/10/2007 at 15:51

I has 1-2 days left before go to koh Tao. I wonder if it' s worth ? My point is to see real farmer in Thailand . Real garden and life style . I read from somewhere ,chumphon cabana resort have "Organic rice & vegetable plantation " If anyone been there , can you tell me your comment . If you have other resort recommend , pls. tell me. Thanks in advance for all answer. Ally. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,272 times, with no replies.

Help With Travel Itineray- Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam

Posted by azfreed5 on 22/10/2007 at 00:45

Me and a buddy are planning a 3 week trip to the region. We want to experience all three of these countries. Can anyone suggest an itineray? Our trip is 2/9-3/1/08. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,827 times, with no replies.

Phuket hotel email addresses

Posted by davidmalcolmmarsh on 19/10/2007 at 17:09

I'm trying to find email addresses of some cheap, decent hotels in Phuket town. I'm told the Holiday Plaza hotel is ok - about 300 Baht/night. Does anyone have the email address or can recommend some other place ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,957 times, with no replies.

Doing Bankok, Phuket and Ko Samui, need help planning route

Posted by shore9 on 18/10/2007 at 08:49

I have 2 weeks in Thailand and I want to visit the phuket area, bangkok area and ko samui and the islands around there. I am thinking of taking advantage of some of Thai airways cheap fares. Just wondering what route I should do, will be there mid November. I was thinking of spending a day or 2 in BKK, then fly down to Phuket for a few days, bus over to samui for a few days then get back to BKK for the last few days. From Samui is it better to fly out of Surat Thani or make my way back to Ph ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,605 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/10/2007 at 07:27

Phi Phi/ Railay beach. Help!

Posted by indian_gypsy on 18/10/2007 at 20:30

Ok, I know that this is the peak season but this is crazy! We are not able to find any resort on Phi Phi island or Railay beach. Everyone we call says they are full or they are just waay too expensive. Anyone knows of any place that people may still not have booked out, or maybe some place that is brand new and hence not on guidebooks?.. Our budget is anything upto THB 2500. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,833 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/10/2007 at 07:07

Samui to Hua Hin // Hua Hin to Suvarnabhumi Airport

Posted by jasminsingh on 15/10/2007 at 12:26

I am travelling from Koh Samui to Hua Hin (Pran Buri) and was wondering about the options. Is train (and ferry) the only one that is pretty cheap? Hua Hin is my last stop before flying out and I don't plan on going into Bangkok again. Is there a way, where I can get from Hua Hin directly to the BKK Airport? Some kind of minibus, bus or whatever? Because the train takes quite some time. Thanks for your help, jasmin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,921 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Gorey on 19/10/2007 at 07:06

Entering Thailand

Posted by joenel on 17/10/2007 at 02:11

I am going to Thailand from Canada on january 15th for my first time. its my first time travelling out of North America/Mexico and plan on doing a few visa runs. after Thailand i am going down to Malaysia and Indo, followed by OZ. i am staying in OZ for a year on a holiday marker work visa. Does anyone know, if i book a one way ticket to Thailand, do i need to book a bus ticket leaving the country? or can i simply just book one when i get there? usually i know you have to have an exit tic ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,644 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by CunningMcFar on 18/10/2007 at 02:33

Thai islands over Christmas

Posted by rocketgirl on 17/10/2007 at 17:02

I would like to spend 3 weeks from 20th December-10th Jan around the Thai islands Ko Tao, Ko Pha Ngan and Railay, which I know are all popular islands. I only have a 500-600 baht a day budget, so can only really afford accommodation of 400-500 baht a day maximum (i'm sharing my room with a friend). I've been looking online to try and book my room in advance but none of the cheap options let you book online, so I'm not sure what to do. Originally I was going to do the following 20-26th Dec Ko ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,915 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/10/2007 at 19:05

Quiet beaches within easy access of Bangkok

Posted by paulk on 16/10/2007 at 19:20

Hi I am in Bangkok for 3 weeks in November and am looking for a side trip to a beach for 3/4 days. I am not looking to spend much time travelling. Most beach resorts sound great at first and then I read reviews reporting crowds and dirty beaches. Can anyone recommend somewhere off the beaten with good accommodation where you can be away from crowds and enjoy a quiet clean beach within easy access of Bangkok? Advice is much appreciated Paul ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,791 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 16/10/2007 at 22:34

Need itinerary help: Bangkok - Khao Sok - Railay Beach

Posted by rochi on 14/10/2007 at 16:14

Hello, I'm stopping over in Thailand for six days on my way to India in February. After doing some research I've come up with a tentative itinerary. Please let me know if this looks reasonable... Sat 09:00 - Arrive at BKK airport 2 days, 1 night in Bangkok Sun night - Train to Surat Thani Mon early morning - Bus/van to Khao Sok 2 days, 2 nights in Khao Sok Wed morning - Taxi/bus to Ao Nang, longtail to Railay beach 1+ days, 1 night in Railay and surrounds Thu late morning - ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,151 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/10/2007 at 17:32

How was the White Sands Beach Resort on Koh Chang?

Posted by tttraveller on 8/10/2007 at 00:22

We are looking at going to Koh Chang as well for Christmas. Has anyone stayed at the White Sands Beach Resort? How was it? Look forward to your reply. T. Naylor ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,741 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 16/10/2007 at 10:18

Lots of advice needed

Posted by mitchlou84 on 12/10/2007 at 20:02

Hi guys, Well first of all this site is great. We're going to Thailand for 2 weeks in Feb 08. I know this is not very long but we can only take 2 weeks off work in one go so thats our only option!! We are going to start off in Bangkok, how many nights would you suggest here? We are thinking of staying in the Biyoke Sky Hotel, anyone been? Then we want to travel up north to see Chiang Mai and possibly Chaing Rai. Would you stay 2 nights in both or just 4 up in Chaing Mai? Wo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,611 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by macman1945 on 16/10/2007 at 05:21

new southern busterminal

Posted by emielvl on 4/5/2007 at 05:03

is it true that bangkok got a new southern busterminal? is the old one still in use also? what is the location? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,478 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 14/10/2007 at 20:10

Damnoek Suduak floating market

Posted by Harry05 on 14/10/2007 at 16:13

I am a bit in doubt about visiting Damnoek Suduak floating market, as I read quite mixed reviews about it. First I was thinking about visiting it coming from the south (via Ratburi) on my way to Kanchanaburi, but now I am thinking about going first to Bangkok and after that to Kanchanaburi and head up north to Ayuthaya. In this case I wanna take a tour from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi, including a quick visit to the market (as I suppose I will see more floating markets on my trip from Thailand-Laos- ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,017 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travelsalone on 14/10/2007 at 19:53

Trekking, where in Thailand are the best?

Posted by Harry05 on 14/10/2007 at 15:33

At the end of december this year I wanna do a trekking in the north of Thailand (about 3 days/2 nights, maybe good to know I'm also gonna do a trekking Laos) * which is the best place to start a trekking? Mae Hong Son, Chang Mai, Chang Rai? * advice, reccomendations on good trekkings? companies? * will it be busy this time of the year, or I can just go there and choose a good trekking? Thanks answering, Harry. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,366 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page