Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

5 Weeks for a little of everything?

Posted by natesta on 12/11/2007 at 05:20

I've seen the suggested itinerary for SE Asia with 4 weeks but was wondering what the pace of that trip would be? Would we constantly be on the move? We have about 5 weeks in July/August and would like to see the "must see" things, without constantly being on the move. Would 2 weeks in Vietnam South->North 2 Weeks in Thailand, Jungles and Islands, 4 Days in Cambodia to see Ankor Wat and Phnom Phnh work out? Is there anywhere we should add more time to, or less to? We've also heard g ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,403 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/11/2007 at 07:06

Getting to Suvarnabhumi from Hua Lamphong

Posted by pauljaymes on 8/11/2007 at 19:42

Hi, I'm getting off an overnight train next week at Hua Lamphong and I need to get to Suvarnabhumi. I should have plenty of time - 4 hours or so if the train is on time - but I'm a bit worried that I can't find any information on the buses. Incoming I took AE1 and changed to the MRT to Hua Lamphong at Silom, but I couldn't find any info for the return journey. It almost seems worth taking a taxi to Khao San Road and picking up the airport express bus there - anyone got any ideas? P ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,339 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by pauljaymes on 11/11/2007 at 18:50

Pre Booking Flights, Trains, Rooms, Etc.

Posted by kman on 11/11/2007 at 10:25

Hi everyone, We're first time travelers (2ppl) to Thailand arriving Nov 18th (at 00:05) and departing December 6th. I'm wondering how necessary it is to book domestic flights, train/bus rides and accomodation ahead of time (i.e. book them now before we arrive). We normally like to 'play it by ear' however I've read a lot about it being the high-season and am getting a little nervous. Will we be ok or will be be sleeping on the streets and stuck in one place with no transportation? :) Th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,353 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 11/11/2007 at 11:22

The best way to get to Ko Maak from Siem Reap

Posted by sprengja on 11/11/2007 at 00:59

Hi! We are planning to visit Angkor Wat and then want to go to Ko Maak. Who knows the best connection??? Do we have to go back to Bangkok or is there any other possibility? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,470 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/11/2007 at 08:12

best beaches on lanta for swimming

Posted by dovers on 7/11/2007 at 00:43

hi we are planning our 3rd visit to thailand in jan 2008, travelfish pointed us in the direction of ko libong last year and we were not dissapointed, so thanks to Tezza for that, i would reccomend Ko libong resort to any one who wants it quiet , friendly and kinda village style, this time round we are heading to yao yai and then want to move south to ko lanta, we have spent plenty time in the andaman area but never actually visited lanta before... anyway we've been looking at the beaches to the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,252 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by planetclare on 11/11/2007 at 03:46

Ideas for Christmas and New Year

Posted by dee27 on 1/11/2007 at 19:19

Hi Guys Im travelling on my own and hoping to stay in Phi Phi for Christmas and New Year, good idea for a start? Id be grateful for some recommendations for places that are value for money (im prepared for an increase in prices!) and good to meet other travellers to spend the holidays with. Cheers! Dee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,063 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dee27 on 9/11/2007 at 16:04

Ayuthaya - storage for bags?

Posted by rocketgirl on 8/11/2007 at 09:08

I'm currently in Kanchanaburi and want to head north towards Chiang Mai. I was thinking of travelling via Ayuthaya as I love old temples and architecture. My friend is not that interested in these things, so was just planning on having an afternoon there. how feasible is this? Is there anywhere we could store our bags for the afternoon, while we wait for the night train or would we need to book a guesthouse for the night. Also can you see much of the sights in just an afternoon? Lastly how ea ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,363 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by pythagnz on 9/11/2007 at 02:27

Staying in Ao Nang, Krabi?????

Posted by pippaodonovan on 8/11/2007 at 13:40

Attenion all backpackers heading to Ao Nang. About 200 meters up the road from Ao Nang beach is a guest house called 'Non Geed' It is situated opposite McDonalds. Under no circumstances stay here!!!!! The staff have access too all the rooms, they watch to see when you go out and enter your room and steal your belongings!!!!!!! They did this to me and got away with about 800 dollars all together! they are very clever and know the there is nothing you can do once they have stolen from you. I mad ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,961 times, with no replies.

Visa Run in Ranong

Posted by Harry05 on 8/11/2007 at 03:39

Saw quite a few topics about visa runs in Ranong, but not about this concrete question. Will enter Thailand from the south (Phuket), travel around and then head up north. Maybe after 12-13 days I will be in Ranong where I wanna do a visa run so I can take my time travelling in northern direction till Laos (maybe totally I will stay max. 35-40 days in Thailand). Do you have to be a certain amount of days in Thailand before getting a new permit for 30 days? If yes, what's the minimum? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,923 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/11/2007 at 09:19

Travel into southern Thailand

Posted by marbob on 6/11/2007 at 19:47

Hi, we are planning to travel by train from Malaysia into Thailand around mid January. The British government have a travel warning out for the southern provinces, saying that one shouldn't travel through them, even by train as there have been numerous attempts to sabotage the lines and more and more frequent terrorist attacks. Is it really like this or should this be taken with a pinch of salt? We were considering the Jungle line up the east of Malaysia? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,564 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by marbob on 6/11/2007 at 21:22

Desperatly need Travel tips for Thailand

Posted by jadeox on 30/10/2007 at 14:03

Hello hello, I am flying over from Australia with my Best friend mid november for 2 weeks. We fly into Phuket. I have never been overseas before and am a very adveturous person. I have done heaps of travel around Australia and am very good at "roughing" it out camping, but also enjoy luxury and beauty. I am looking for tips on the following, please help if you can... 1. My basic plan is to fly into Phuket and out of Bangkok. But what to do on the way. I want to see some beatiful beaches ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,511 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by andreatravel on 6/11/2007 at 17:52

Thailand First-timer advice - head off in 10 days!

Posted by andreatravel on 6/11/2007 at 00:22

Hi all, I'm off to Thailand for 4 weeks next Thurs and needed a wee bit of advice. I arrive in the morning of 16th Nov in bangkok and would like to spend a few days there, head to Chang Mai and down to the islands. I really want to get to the full moon party in Ko Pha Ngan on the 24th. Originally I was gonna head straight to the isalnds first, but ideally would like to finish my trip down there. My question is really, would I have time to head north first and see Chang Mai and then head ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,045 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by andreatravel on 6/11/2007 at 17:51

Going to Thailand in a week for 2 weeks, what should I bring?

Posted by shore9 on 1/11/2007 at 11:19

I am heading to Thailand next thursday for 2 weeks. I will be visiting Bangkok for a few days and the Phuket area. Just wondering if I should consider bringing pants at all, what abour a sweater, or should I not bother? I also hear that many toilets have no TP, should I bring a roll, or will I be fine? Any other suggestions as to what to bring with me? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,576 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 6/11/2007 at 17:33

10 days in Thailand with my dad!

Posted by atousa on 5/11/2007 at 19:25

Hi everyone. I'll be in Thailand from November 7th to the 17th. I'll be traveling with my dad. He's 57, healthy, pretty adventurous, but hasn't traveled in years and likes nice hotels and good food. He's on an around the world trip right now, and doesn't have a budget. So no cheap hostels, crowded city buses, or street food for him. He's depending on me to set the itinerary for the trip. My plan was to hang out in Bangkok from November 8th to maybe the 12th, and then fly off somewhere ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,172 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 6/11/2007 at 11:55

Nok Air

Posted by Lars on 5/11/2007 at 19:34

Hi. I have tried several times to book and pay (with visa) for flights tickets with Nok Air directly on their website but with no luck. Any other experienced the same? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,523 times, with no replies.

Koh Lanta - Anda Lanta or Sea House?

Posted by stilli on 3/11/2007 at 11:29

Would welcome any feedback on the Anda Lanta Resort and Lanta Sea House Bungalows. We are a family including a three year old and "grandpa" (well travelled and somewhat easy going). Looking for a nice bungalow, sandy beach and good for swimming. A couple of nice places to eat within walking distance would be nice too. The above mentioned places have availability for the first week of Jan which is what we need - not much else to choose from it seems. Appreciate input! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,381 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by stilli on 5/11/2007 at 12:23

How do I book a trekking guide?

Posted by brittanytyler on 5/11/2007 at 08:24

I really want to go trekking in northern Thailand but am not having much luck in finding any specific companies to hire. Is it nessecary to book a guide before departing? I would love any advice on the subject. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,451 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/11/2007 at 09:31

Which trekking in northern Thailand?

Posted by Harry05 on 5/11/2007 at 01:05

Wanna do one trekking (3d/2n) in northern Thailand. But even almost every guesthouse seems to offer a tour, like a lot of agencies. Which are good trekkings starting from Chang Mai (any recent experiences)? Or will it be better to do a trekking from Mae Hong Son (which one)? Will be there in the end of december, need to make a reservation? Thanks answering, Harry. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,274 times, with no replies.

Ayutthaya to Sukhothai transport

Posted by msaw on 3/11/2007 at 07:37

Hi, I would like to go from Ayutthaya to Sukhothai, what are my options? Also would 1 day in each city be sufficient to see most things there? Thanks for any info. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,642 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 3/11/2007 at 19:14

Best bang for our buck

Posted by dlewingt on 25/10/2007 at 07:26

We are from Canada and are planning a trip to Thailand in Feb/08. My wife read that it is best to take US traveler cheques. I'm wandering if it wouldn't be better to just take Canadian traveler cheques and then exchange them at a Bank for Bahts. Do you forsee any problem? I know American is more widely accepted internationally but the way the US dollar is falling I think I might get a better rate on CAD. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,641 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 2/11/2007 at 06:37

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page