Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Train from Kanchanaburi all the way to Suvarnabhumi Airport?

Posted by manna on 4/10/2007 at 03:57

I need to get from Kanchanaburi to Suvarnabhumi airport for a 13:20 domestic flight. I'm wondering if I could catch a train all the way but I'm not sure if the airport extension is in operation yet. Would it be smarter/easier to take a bus the entire route? Would I have to transfer in the city? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,471 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by goo_stewart on 10/10/2007 at 10:59

Koh Maak Sand Flies

Posted by 4439 on 8/10/2007 at 18:52

How bad is the situation with sand flies in Koh Maak around November? Should a honeymooning couple (like us) drop Koh Maak just because of the flies?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,546 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 9/10/2007 at 07:40

Budget Info Needed

Posted by 4439 on 8/10/2007 at 18:58

How much should would a snorkelling trip cost per person in the early December in Koh Kood or Koh Maak? I guess the equipment is taken included in the price but if thats not the case how much extra for the equipment? Also, how much should we budget for each meal on these Islands? We'll be on our honeymoon during this trip so I'm looking for some classy places. Meal would be no alcohol and a mainly Thai cuisine (sea food / chicken) and also BBQs. Would appreciate pointers to restaurants in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,982 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 9/10/2007 at 05:44

Shantaa Koh Maak Review

Posted by 4439 on 8/10/2007 at 18:49

Is there anyone who has spent time at Shantaa Koh Kood? We are considering a stay at Shantaa Koh Kood and it would be great to have some reviews / pics? Recommendation of resorts of the same category in Koh Kood are also welcome. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,459 times, with no replies.

Looking for contact information for Baan Chai Lay in Ko Maak

Posted by tttraveller on 7/10/2007 at 12:46

We are going to be travelling to Thailand over the Christmas holidays and need to get some information on how to contact Baan Chai Lay in Ko Maak. Does anyone know how to contact them to make a reservation? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,151 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 8/10/2007 at 05:49

Koh Chaan or Koh Maak or Koh Kood??

Posted by 4439 on 4/10/2007 at 19:41

My fiance' and myself plan to spend one of these three islands sometime early december as part of our honeymoon. We are looking for a place with a beautiful beach wherein we can spend some time with each other. We are not interested in malls, or dance places. Would also like to give snorkelling a shot, a dinner cruise or any other romantic activities. We are looking for opinions / reviews of people who have been to these so that we can decide our destination. Any inputs on accomodation or ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,599 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by 4439 on 5/10/2007 at 21:24

Ban Sop Ruak accommodation?

Posted by cybervlad on 5/10/2007 at 12:13

Hello, I am planning my trip on th North Thailand. In the 3rd day I plan to start from ThaTon, then DoiMaeSalong, DoiTung, MaeSae and stop for night at Ban Sop Ruak. Is there any suggestion about accommodation? Or may be better overnight in ChiangSaen? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,761 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 5/10/2007 at 13:49

3 weeks in SE asia

Posted by shore9 on 4/10/2007 at 15:33

I am currrently booked to fly in and out of Bangkok for 3 weeks. I am a 22 year old male from Canada travelling alone. I would certainly like to see the southern islands of Thailand, and am also thinking about seeing Vietnam, Cambodia and perhaps Laos. What do you guys recommend in terms of other countries, btw I am not that keen on any kind of lengthy bus rides, and the airfare seems somewhat steep. As well I am a little confused as to the visa requirements of some of these countries too. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,630 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/10/2007 at 05:11

SHOULD I PRE-BOOK FOR CHRISTMAS TRAVEL?

Posted by mrsdaisypoo on 3/10/2007 at 20:36

I am travelling to Thailand over Christmas and was wondering whether people would recomend booking the night trains and buses before travelling. I know that its very busy at that time of year so i am not sure whether to pre-book or not .I will be going on popular routes including bangkok to surat thani and then bangkok to chaing mai and back, I am only going for 3 weeks so am on quite a tight schedule. Also does anybody know where to book from on the web? Thanks mrsdaisypoo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,146 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by roverinexile on 5/10/2007 at 04:29

Trekking Guide (and Location) in Northern Thailand

Posted by squong on 4/10/2007 at 13:00

Hi, I'm looking at going trekking in Northern Thailand and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a good location off the beaten path, and a good guide to take us there. I think Travelfish mentioned, Mae Hong Son, Pai or Soppong. I'm the type of traveler with the philosophy of the farther away from the tourist crowds, the better. Thanks in advance. Spencer ~Q ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,439 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 4/10/2007 at 14:24

Bangkok and ???

Posted by atousa on 3/10/2007 at 19:19

I'm going to Bangkok from November 8th to the 11th. I was planning on spending about 6 days somewhere else. So my question is, where can I go after Bangkok? I will be in SE Asia from December 19th to January 4th, but was planning on spending most of my time in Vietnam. I'm thinking of three itineraries that would save me time in December. 1. Fly from Bangkok to Udon Thani, and then take the bus across the border into Vientiane. 2. Fly from Bangkok to Phnom Penh(killing fields, s1, etc ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,442 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 4/10/2007 at 02:57

Chumpion to Kanchanaburi

Posted by mrsdaisypoo on 30/8/2007 at 23:08

Is there a train or bus that will get me from wither Surat Thani or Chumpion to Kanchanaburi? Or will i need to go back into Bangkok just to come back out again? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,282 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 4/10/2007 at 02:52

Change in Plans

Posted by KRStamm on 3/10/2007 at 00:54

I am thinking of changing my route in Thailand because from what I understand Ko tao and Ko Phang Nang get most of their rain in November. My plan was get To BKK Nov. 1 take a bus then the overnight ferry to Ko tao getting there on Nov 3rd. What I have read basically makes me think that the weatehr will suck and it will rain on us the entire time we are there. The original idea was to head this direction then to Trang and Ko Lanta, hitting the small islands then going up to Phi Phi, and Krabi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,239 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 3/10/2007 at 11:31

Getting from Ko Lanta to Ko Yao Noi

Posted by lauraferris on 2/10/2007 at 06:31

Having a bit of a headache trying to find the quickest and simplest way of doing the above in the last week of Oct - can any one help? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,982 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/10/2007 at 11:01

Buying bus tickets in Bangkok

Posted by regina5 on 30/9/2007 at 03:22

Can I buy bus tickets for the nightbus Bangkok Ranong a couple of weeks before I want to travel? It's either that or buying on departure day because I'll be in Laos before then. Could getting a seat a few hours before departure time be a problem? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,105 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by regina5 on 1/10/2007 at 22:24

Best Thai Drinks

Posted by KRStamm on 11/9/2007 at 23:24

I was trying to figure out what the best Thai Coctails are? And of course the ones to stay away from! Any thoughts. I love the fruity girly coctails, of hawaii and the mexico! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,692 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by wolfman on 1/10/2007 at 14:53

Travel from Bangkok to Phuket by land (plus more)

Posted by emmajanegraham on 26/9/2007 at 10:57

Hi all, Im leaving for a 3 month backpacking trip from Thailand to Cambodia to Laos to Vietnam. I am stuck on the train/bus situation. Basicially we want to travel from Bangkok to Phuket by land. How long does this take and is it worth it? Is a boat better? Should we fly? But wait, there's more: From Phulket we want to get to Chiang Mai. Again, we would prefer to go by land. How and where do we get a bus? Again, how long does it take? And is it really worth it, are we mush better off flyin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 20,897 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by emmajanegraham on 1/10/2007 at 10:21

Thailand to Vietnam

Posted by zaboo on 29/9/2007 at 00:10

Hi everyone! New to Travelfish, but am very much in need of your travel wisdom! I am planning a trip for January 2008 (with 2 companions), and am trying to get from Bangkok, through Laos and in to northern Vietnam, and back! All in an 11 day period... We are arriving on Jan 1st and meeting additional friends in Bangkok on the 11th or 12th to travel in Southern Thailand. Our thought was to travel through Laos, enjoying the countryside as we go but without extensive stay there... and heading to Vi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,446 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by zaboo on 30/9/2007 at 23:58

where are the free guides?

Posted by benn on 30/9/2007 at 12:29

I am trying to download their free guide to phuket but I cannot see it listed anywhere - only the 3.95 version. i just want one on phuket. on the faq it says the free guides are in the member centre near news.... but wtf is that? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,402 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 30/9/2007 at 13:33

Place to stay near the Old (Don Mueng) Airport

Posted by katie304 on 29/9/2007 at 22:07

Hi Everyone, I am going to Thailand this weekend for the first time and I will be arriving Sunday afternoon. I booked a 6AM flight to Chang Mai the next morning. The flight to Chiang Mai departs Don Mueng. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay that would be convenient to get to the old Don Mueng airport very early?? I am sure we will be exhausted from the long flight and won't want to stress about finding accomadation. I would put our budget at $45 US. Thanks so much for all y ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,571 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 30/9/2007 at 07:22

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page