Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Change in Plans

Posted by KRStamm on 3/10/2007 at 00:54

I am thinking of changing my route in Thailand because from what I understand Ko tao and Ko Phang Nang get most of their rain in November. My plan was get To BKK Nov. 1 take a bus then the overnight ferry to Ko tao getting there on Nov 3rd. What I have read basically makes me think that the weatehr will suck and it will rain on us the entire time we are there. The original idea was to head this direction then to Trang and Ko Lanta, hitting the small islands then going up to Phi Phi, and Krabi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,247 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 3/10/2007 at 11:31

Getting from Ko Lanta to Ko Yao Noi

Posted by lauraferris on 2/10/2007 at 06:31

Having a bit of a headache trying to find the quickest and simplest way of doing the above in the last week of Oct - can any one help? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,016 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 2/10/2007 at 11:01

Buying bus tickets in Bangkok

Posted by regina5 on 30/9/2007 at 03:22

Can I buy bus tickets for the nightbus Bangkok Ranong a couple of weeks before I want to travel? It's either that or buying on departure day because I'll be in Laos before then. Could getting a seat a few hours before departure time be a problem? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,129 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by regina5 on 1/10/2007 at 22:24

Best Thai Drinks

Posted by KRStamm on 11/9/2007 at 23:24

I was trying to figure out what the best Thai Coctails are? And of course the ones to stay away from! Any thoughts. I love the fruity girly coctails, of hawaii and the mexico! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,712 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by wolfman on 1/10/2007 at 14:53

Travel from Bangkok to Phuket by land (plus more)

Posted by emmajanegraham on 26/9/2007 at 10:57

Hi all, Im leaving for a 3 month backpacking trip from Thailand to Cambodia to Laos to Vietnam. I am stuck on the train/bus situation. Basicially we want to travel from Bangkok to Phuket by land. How long does this take and is it worth it? Is a boat better? Should we fly? But wait, there's more: From Phulket we want to get to Chiang Mai. Again, we would prefer to go by land. How and where do we get a bus? Again, how long does it take? And is it really worth it, are we mush better off flyin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 20,972 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by emmajanegraham on 1/10/2007 at 10:21

Thailand to Vietnam

Posted by zaboo on 29/9/2007 at 00:10

Hi everyone! New to Travelfish, but am very much in need of your travel wisdom! I am planning a trip for January 2008 (with 2 companions), and am trying to get from Bangkok, through Laos and in to northern Vietnam, and back! All in an 11 day period... We are arriving on Jan 1st and meeting additional friends in Bangkok on the 11th or 12th to travel in Southern Thailand. Our thought was to travel through Laos, enjoying the countryside as we go but without extensive stay there... and heading to Vi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,457 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by zaboo on 30/9/2007 at 23:58

where are the free guides?

Posted by benn on 30/9/2007 at 12:29

I am trying to download their free guide to phuket but I cannot see it listed anywhere - only the 3.95 version. i just want one on phuket. on the faq it says the free guides are in the member centre near news.... but wtf is that? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,413 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 30/9/2007 at 13:33

Place to stay near the Old (Don Mueng) Airport

Posted by katie304 on 29/9/2007 at 22:07

Hi Everyone, I am going to Thailand this weekend for the first time and I will be arriving Sunday afternoon. I booked a 6AM flight to Chang Mai the next morning. The flight to Chiang Mai departs Don Mueng. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay that would be convenient to get to the old Don Mueng airport very early?? I am sure we will be exhausted from the long flight and won't want to stress about finding accomadation. I would put our budget at $45 US. Thanks so much for all y ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,583 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 30/9/2007 at 07:22

Backpacking trough Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. HELP!

Posted by earthrider on 25/9/2007 at 17:10

Hi!! Just become a member at this great site, hope to get some help with planning my trip =) My best friend and I am tracking from Bankok to Hanoi, June next year...we are going trough Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.. All the hostels/hotels and transportation coast are already payes, but we are on a tight budget!! So, here comes my question: How much shold we budget a day in each country? This is for food, dring and souvenirs.. although we are carrying al over luggage so there wil prob ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,071 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by pongsakorn on 26/9/2007 at 22:38

Similan Islands Stopover.

Posted by Robsterios on 26/9/2007 at 10:50

Could anyone please tell me if you need to book in advance for those 2 day/1 night Similan Island trips which include snorkeling and beaches. This is one of those speed boat trip out, overnight in tents on the beach ones heading out from Khao Lak.....thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this one.. ps, if you have done it, is it good? !.... Thanks, Rob. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,843 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 26/9/2007 at 14:22

Accommodation over Xmas and New Years

Posted by psychiq on 2/8/2007 at 13:15

I've just booked my plane tickets to fly into Phuket on 21st December and to fly out of Bangkok on 4th January. We havent planned too much yet but our rough itinerary will look something like this... 21/22/23 Dec - Phuket 24/25/26 Dec - Phan Nga or Krabi and surrounding islands 27/28/29 Dec - Khao Sok 30/31/1/2 Dec/Jan - Koh Pha Ngan 3/4 Jan - Bangkok I really dont want to book everything in advance but I realise I may have to book as much as possible seeing as its over the busiest per ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,209 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/9/2007 at 22:23

Koh Samui via Surat Thani?

Posted by chrisa77 on 19/9/2007 at 08:29

Hello. We're finalizing the details of our Dec.07 trip and are in the midst of booking flights for the various destinations within the country. The cheapest Bangkok to Koh Samui flight I could find was $258 usd (via Bangkok Air.) I noticed flies to Surat Thani for much cheaper, but I understand that we would have to transfer via bus and then ferry to get to Samui. Is this a big deal? Is it worth it to save a few bucks? Many thanks in advance. :) C. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,663 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 25/9/2007 at 12:38

Money on Ko Chang, Ko Mak, Ko Wai

Posted by sarah100 on 21/9/2007 at 16:03

Does anyone know if there are places to get cash/atms/use travellers cheques on the smaller islands around Ko Chang? Do the small hotels/huts take cards or should we take all our cash with us. A little worried about carrying large amounts of cash around. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,164 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sarah100 on 24/9/2007 at 20:33

Koh Tao accommodation

Posted by Yun on 7/9/2007 at 15:37

I've been looking through the options and am very indecisive. I'll be staying on Koh Tao from 1-3/1/2008 - during that time my priorities are snorkelling (not diving), general beach lazing, and good (preferably well priced) thai food, but still able to wander freely at night and see whats happening around. From my reading, it seems very few places have both good beach and snorkelling, and none of the island areas fulfil all these wishes. Therefore I'm considering staying in Sairee or Ma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,358 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 24/9/2007 at 12:45

Minivan from Krabi airport to Koh Lanta

Posted by swag on 17/9/2007 at 12:17

Hi all, does anyone have update pricing for the above transfer for 2 people. I am assuming the quickest is via a/c minivan direct to accommodation on Lanta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,146 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by grazee on 22/9/2007 at 09:04

Getting to Nakhon Si Thammarat town

Posted by kay_kay on 21/8/2007 at 18:20

Does anyone have any advice for getting to NST? We will be returning from Koh Pha Ngan and wanted to do a stopover in NST. Do we have to get the bus from Surat Thani or is there a bus running from Donsak ferry port? P.S. Has anyone stayed in the Nakhon Garden Inn there? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,978 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/9/2007 at 08:18

Any recommendations on hotels/hostels in Bangkok

Posted by sarah100 on 21/9/2007 at 16:07

We're going to Bangkok next Monday and need to book a room for the night. I know Bangkok pretty well but does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere to stay? Haven't been for a few years! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,815 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 22/9/2007 at 00:06

First time in Bangkok - a few questions

Posted by santsingh on 27/8/2007 at 02:17

Hi All, My husband and I are on our way home to Oz from an epic 14 month backpacking stint via Bangkok. In Bangkok, we want to do some shopping (from clothes to crafts to furniture) and we want to do a one day cooking school. Can anyone recommend the best area to stay, a guesthouse/hotel to stay in (up to 20 euros a night) and a good cooking school. Cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,832 times, with 25 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 20/9/2007 at 17:44

Plane crash at Phuket

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/9/2007 at 19:41

Media is reporting that a Orient Thai Airlines operated 1-2-Go budget flight has crashed on landing at Phuket. The aircraft apparently broke in two and The Nation is reporting at least 66 dead including many foreigners, of the 128 on board. "A surviving Thai passenger said the plane "landed hard" and "bounced" and then skidded off the runway. Civil aviation official Chiasak Angkauwan said, "the airplane requested to land but due to the weather in Phuket -- strong wind and heavy rain -- maybe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,565 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 19/9/2007 at 23:04

accm on phi phi

Posted by uglyeng on 19/9/2007 at 19:54

hi! we're planning a three week trip to thailand in jan/feb and are planning to do our PADI open water diver course wit "Blue View Divers". We're after some cheap, preferably beach front accomodation near view point resort in Loh Dalum Bay. has anyone any suggestions? Or any reviews on Blue View Divers? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! cheers all!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,217 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page