Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Lots of advice needed

Posted by mitchlou84 on 12/10/2007 at 20:02

Hi guys, Well first of all this site is great. We're going to Thailand for 2 weeks in Feb 08. I know this is not very long but we can only take 2 weeks off work in one go so thats our only option!! We are going to start off in Bangkok, how many nights would you suggest here? We are thinking of staying in the Biyoke Sky Hotel, anyone been? Then we want to travel up north to see Chiang Mai and possibly Chaing Rai. Would you stay 2 nights in both or just 4 up in Chaing Mai? Wo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,632 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by macman1945 on 16/10/2007 at 05:21

new southern busterminal

Posted by emielvl on 4/5/2007 at 05:03

is it true that bangkok got a new southern busterminal? is the old one still in use also? what is the location? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,505 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 14/10/2007 at 20:10

Damnoek Suduak floating market

Posted by Harry05 on 14/10/2007 at 16:13

I am a bit in doubt about visiting Damnoek Suduak floating market, as I read quite mixed reviews about it. First I was thinking about visiting it coming from the south (via Ratburi) on my way to Kanchanaburi, but now I am thinking about going first to Bangkok and after that to Kanchanaburi and head up north to Ayuthaya. In this case I wanna take a tour from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi, including a quick visit to the market (as I suppose I will see more floating markets on my trip from Thailand-Laos- ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,046 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travelsalone on 14/10/2007 at 19:53

Trekking, where in Thailand are the best?

Posted by Harry05 on 14/10/2007 at 15:33

At the end of december this year I wanna do a trekking in the north of Thailand (about 3 days/2 nights, maybe good to know I'm also gonna do a trekking Laos) * which is the best place to start a trekking? Mae Hong Son, Chang Mai, Chang Rai? * advice, reccomendations on good trekkings? companies? * will it be busy this time of the year, or I can just go there and choose a good trekking? Thanks answering, Harry. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,391 times, with no replies.

R&B Club DJing in Thailand

Posted by Yun on 14/10/2007 at 12:37

Might be a long stretch, but does anyone know of any clubs or promoters that can organise international R&B DJs to play in Bangkok or Ko Pha Ngan (for FMP)? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,332 times, with no replies.

Ban Talae Nok

Posted by travelsalone on 14/10/2007 at 00:08

Have you been there? Impressions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,198 times, with no replies.

Bangkok Accomm - help needed!

Posted by inthroughthebathroomwindow on 11/10/2007 at 20:33

Hello! I arrive in BK 8th November (flight gets in at 4pm local time). For my first night I'd like somewhere chilled and quiet where I can comfortably catch up on some sleep for 600baht, 700-800 baht at a push. I'm thinking maybe West Banglamphu area? The next day I want to do some sightseeing: Grand Palace, reclining buddha, the river, national gallery after possibly finding somewhere else to stay in the same area, if not closer to Kao Sahn Road (bit cheaper this night as I'm getting a f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,514 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travelsalone on 13/10/2007 at 23:08

Bangkok airport taxes

Posted by planetclare on 11/10/2007 at 23:33

Hi all, I've read a little bit about having to pay flight taxes at the airport in Bangkok (rather than them being tacked onto your ticket, like they are here in the U.S.), and I'm just trying to figure out what to expect. Do you have to pay this tax upon arrival, or is it just a departure tax? Is it only for international destinations, or domestic ones as well? And how much is it? I heard 500 baht, but I'm not sure if that's gone up with the move to the new int'l airport. Thanks! Clare ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,970 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by planetclare on 12/10/2007 at 07:11

Help with Koh Phanagan

Posted by eviiiie on 10/10/2007 at 20:01

hey guys!! How are you all?? i am pretty well thanks.. i know you probably get this question every year and are sick to death with it but hear goes sorry :( We have booked our trip to thailand hoping to go to the full moon party over news years.. we will arrive at Phanagan on the 28th of Dec and plan staying 7 nights.. i have seriously looked everywhere for someplace to stay :( ive even rang most of those places in the very very good travel fish guide around haad rin!! i was wondering if anyon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,390 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 11/10/2007 at 12:31

Phuket to Pha Ngan

Posted by indian_gypsy on 9/10/2007 at 13:22

We are booked to travel on the 22'nd of Dec 07 to Pkuket and expect to reach in the afternoon (around 1:30 pm). Our ultimate objective is to reach Ko Pha Ngan as soon as possible and stay there for 3 days (including the full moon party). What is the best way to reach Pha Ngan from Pkuket without flying to Ko Samui which is too expensive? We can't seem to find any info on reaching Pha Ngan from Phuket by road (bus,min-van etc). How long should the entire journey take including ferries etc. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,727 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 10/10/2007 at 14:15

Need comment ! Need Bangkok info!

Posted by yoo on 2/10/2007 at 14:41

Please advise me. If i plan to stay 3 days in Bangkok and 1 week in urban , where should i visited in both Bangkok and urban? (Beside from Wat Phra Kaew and Khao San road.) THK!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,564 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by yoo on 10/10/2007 at 11:50

Train from Kanchanaburi all the way to Suvarnabhumi Airport?

Posted by manna on 4/10/2007 at 03:57

I need to get from Kanchanaburi to Suvarnabhumi airport for a 13:20 domestic flight. I'm wondering if I could catch a train all the way but I'm not sure if the airport extension is in operation yet. Would it be smarter/easier to take a bus the entire route? Would I have to transfer in the city? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,528 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by goo_stewart on 10/10/2007 at 10:59

Koh Maak Sand Flies

Posted by 4439 on 8/10/2007 at 18:52

How bad is the situation with sand flies in Koh Maak around November? Should a honeymooning couple (like us) drop Koh Maak just because of the flies?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,574 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 9/10/2007 at 07:40

Budget Info Needed

Posted by 4439 on 8/10/2007 at 18:58

How much should would a snorkelling trip cost per person in the early December in Koh Kood or Koh Maak? I guess the equipment is taken included in the price but if thats not the case how much extra for the equipment? Also, how much should we budget for each meal on these Islands? We'll be on our honeymoon during this trip so I'm looking for some classy places. Meal would be no alcohol and a mainly Thai cuisine (sea food / chicken) and also BBQs. Would appreciate pointers to restaurants in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,995 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 9/10/2007 at 05:44

Shantaa Koh Maak Review

Posted by 4439 on 8/10/2007 at 18:49

Is there anyone who has spent time at Shantaa Koh Kood? We are considering a stay at Shantaa Koh Kood and it would be great to have some reviews / pics? Recommendation of resorts of the same category in Koh Kood are also welcome. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,474 times, with no replies.

Looking for contact information for Baan Chai Lay in Ko Maak

Posted by tttraveller on 7/10/2007 at 12:46

We are going to be travelling to Thailand over the Christmas holidays and need to get some information on how to contact Baan Chai Lay in Ko Maak. Does anyone know how to contact them to make a reservation? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,166 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 8/10/2007 at 05:49

Koh Chaan or Koh Maak or Koh Kood??

Posted by 4439 on 4/10/2007 at 19:41

My fiance' and myself plan to spend one of these three islands sometime early december as part of our honeymoon. We are looking for a place with a beautiful beach wherein we can spend some time with each other. We are not interested in malls, or dance places. Would also like to give snorkelling a shot, a dinner cruise or any other romantic activities. We are looking for opinions / reviews of people who have been to these so that we can decide our destination. Any inputs on accomodation or ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,621 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by 4439 on 5/10/2007 at 21:24

Ban Sop Ruak accommodation?

Posted by cybervlad on 5/10/2007 at 12:13

Hello, I am planning my trip on th North Thailand. In the 3rd day I plan to start from ThaTon, then DoiMaeSalong, DoiTung, MaeSae and stop for night at Ban Sop Ruak. Is there any suggestion about accommodation? Or may be better overnight in ChiangSaen? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,777 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 5/10/2007 at 13:49

3 weeks in SE asia

Posted by shore9 on 4/10/2007 at 15:33

I am currrently booked to fly in and out of Bangkok for 3 weeks. I am a 22 year old male from Canada travelling alone. I would certainly like to see the southern islands of Thailand, and am also thinking about seeing Vietnam, Cambodia and perhaps Laos. What do you guys recommend in terms of other countries, btw I am not that keen on any kind of lengthy bus rides, and the airfare seems somewhat steep. As well I am a little confused as to the visa requirements of some of these countries too. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,644 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/10/2007 at 05:11

SHOULD I PRE-BOOK FOR CHRISTMAS TRAVEL?

Posted by mrsdaisypoo on 3/10/2007 at 20:36

I am travelling to Thailand over Christmas and was wondering whether people would recomend booking the night trains and buses before travelling. I know that its very busy at that time of year so i am not sure whether to pre-book or not .I will be going on popular routes including bangkok to surat thani and then bangkok to chaing mai and back, I am only going for 3 weeks so am on quite a tight schedule. Also does anybody know where to book from on the web? Thanks mrsdaisypoo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,194 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by roverinexile on 5/10/2007 at 04:29

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page