Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Tao accommodation

Posted by Yun on 7/9/2007 at 15:37

I've been looking through the options and am very indecisive. I'll be staying on Koh Tao from 1-3/1/2008 - during that time my priorities are snorkelling (not diving), general beach lazing, and good (preferably well priced) thai food, but still able to wander freely at night and see whats happening around. From my reading, it seems very few places have both good beach and snorkelling, and none of the island areas fulfil all these wishes. Therefore I'm considering staying in Sairee or Ma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,378 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 24/9/2007 at 12:45

Minivan from Krabi airport to Koh Lanta

Posted by swag on 17/9/2007 at 12:17

Hi all, does anyone have update pricing for the above transfer for 2 people. I am assuming the quickest is via a/c minivan direct to accommodation on Lanta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,165 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by grazee on 22/9/2007 at 09:04

Getting to Nakhon Si Thammarat town

Posted by kay_kay on 21/8/2007 at 18:20

Does anyone have any advice for getting to NST? We will be returning from Koh Pha Ngan and wanted to do a stopover in NST. Do we have to get the bus from Surat Thani or is there a bus running from Donsak ferry port? P.S. Has anyone stayed in the Nakhon Garden Inn there? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,998 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/9/2007 at 08:18

Any recommendations on hotels/hostels in Bangkok

Posted by sarah100 on 21/9/2007 at 16:07

We're going to Bangkok next Monday and need to book a room for the night. I know Bangkok pretty well but does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere to stay? Haven't been for a few years! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,820 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 22/9/2007 at 00:06

First time in Bangkok - a few questions

Posted by santsingh on 27/8/2007 at 02:17

Hi All, My husband and I are on our way home to Oz from an epic 14 month backpacking stint via Bangkok. In Bangkok, we want to do some shopping (from clothes to crafts to furniture) and we want to do a one day cooking school. Can anyone recommend the best area to stay, a guesthouse/hotel to stay in (up to 20 euros a night) and a good cooking school. Cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,844 times, with 25 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 20/9/2007 at 17:44

Plane crash at Phuket

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/9/2007 at 19:41

Media is reporting that a Orient Thai Airlines operated 1-2-Go budget flight has crashed on landing at Phuket. The aircraft apparently broke in two and The Nation is reporting at least 66 dead including many foreigners, of the 128 on board. "A surviving Thai passenger said the plane "landed hard" and "bounced" and then skidded off the runway. Civil aviation official Chiasak Angkauwan said, "the airplane requested to land but due to the weather in Phuket -- strong wind and heavy rain -- maybe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,572 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 19/9/2007 at 23:04

accm on phi phi

Posted by uglyeng on 19/9/2007 at 19:54

hi! we're planning a three week trip to thailand in jan/feb and are planning to do our PADI open water diver course wit "Blue View Divers". We're after some cheap, preferably beach front accomodation near view point resort in Loh Dalum Bay. has anyone any suggestions? Or any reviews on Blue View Divers? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! cheers all!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,225 times, with no replies.

tailor made clothes in Bangkok

Posted by jasminsingh on 10/9/2007 at 00:52

Hi, I'm gonna be in Bangkok soon and would like to get something done there. is there anyone who had a real good experience at a tailor store? or also a really bad experience? thanks for any recommendation, jasmin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,798 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by MJS on 19/9/2007 at 00:21

Way from Bangkok to Phuket ***Urgent***

Posted by fitzlee on 23/1/2007 at 20:50

Has anyone been to Phuket from Bangkok? How was the journey? By bus or by plane? Your share of experience would be appreciated! Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,820 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by vin4564 on 18/9/2007 at 17:32

Koh Tao to Bangkok via land

Posted by Yun on 14/9/2007 at 14:56

I've read the Bangkok to Koh Samui/PN/Tao guide, as I am planning a trip in the other direction (Koh Tao to Bangkok). My question is regarding buses - the guide says do not take any private buses from Khao San road. However if I am in the opposite direction, how will I know which buses are safe and which are not? Can anyone recommend any safe options to leave Koh Tao in the afternoon with an overnight bus/train to Bangkok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,486 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/9/2007 at 09:14

Advice on global itinerary

Posted by Harry05 on 15/9/2007 at 15:43

On december 2nd I will start my South East Asia journey in Phuket. In the beginning I wanna take my time in the south of Thailand and then head up north till the border with Laos. After Laos I will also visit Cambodia and Vietnam (maybe good to know if you want to give me some advice). I am a quite experienced traveller but it’s my first time in SE Asia so it’s always good to get some good and actual advice. I don’t care about luxury (and prefer atmosphere above that): a private, clean and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,684 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/9/2007 at 09:12

Buses

Posted by KRStamm on 13/9/2007 at 00:48

I was wondering about the bus situation in Southern Thailand? Is there a site or does anyone have any info on bus schedules. I plan on going from BKK to Chumpon via bus or train... what is better and then take the overnight ferry to Ko Tao (hopefully it doesnt rain on me). What is quicker? Bus or Train? Also anyone know about Ko Tarutao? Accomidations or is it better to just do a day trip? Thanks a million Kirstin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,821 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 14/9/2007 at 14:55

cautionary tale regarding organised tours

Posted by steveandlesley on 13/9/2007 at 18:17

Whilst in Bangkok we booked an organised one day tour to the river Khwae through our hotel. Whilst on the way there a few of us in the bus were concerned about the speed at which the driver was driving, but said nothing. On the way back during a very heavy monsoon storm, the driver was racing along the very wet road. He braked to avoid a vehicle in front, lost control, the bus skidded 180 degrees and then rolled onto the central grassy area. Luckily it was stopped fron rolling to much by a tr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,994 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by namaste970 on 14/9/2007 at 06:12

Ko Maak, Ko Kut, Ko Wai etc in October

Posted by sarah100 on 13/9/2007 at 17:45

Off to Ko Chang on the 3rd October and plan to visit Ko Maak, Ko Kut, Ko Wai etc until Oct 13th. A lot of places I've found tend to open on the 15th October.... Does anyone know if there are ferries running/places to stay during this time? Ideally it won't the be 'package deals' though as I'd like to be more flexible. Any tips/help would be gratefully received! Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,306 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 13/9/2007 at 23:42

Market Selling Buddhist Statues, Bangkok.

Posted by chaytiong on 11/9/2007 at 10:41

dear all, i would like to know the market or rather bazaar that sells a wide array of Buddhist statues in Bangkok. it has been aired once in Lonely Planet and it seems to be the place for me to purchase some for my collection. however, i am lost in terms of what the market is called in Bangkok and i am truly grateful if you could provide me that name. thanks and regards ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,489 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 13/9/2007 at 20:15

Suvarnabhumi Airport to China town

Posted by g_singh on 12/9/2007 at 19:51

hi, im arriving in bangkok in october, in the middle of the vegetarian festival- which is perfect as im a vegi. from the airport i need to get to chinatown to the Yaowarat Rd. after a long flight im hoping to cab it there, how much should i pay for a taxi and how long does it take if my plane lands at 2.00pm?? im thinking 300 baht and 1 hour in traffic. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,152 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by g_singh on 13/9/2007 at 14:47

One month island hopping

Posted by KRStamm on 11/9/2007 at 23:04

I have the entire month of November in Thailand!!! We plan on hanging out in the south mostly the islands, kyacking, snorkling, hiking to waterfalls and climbing. I was wondering what the best places are to see that are not crowed and how long did you stay on each island to get a good feel for it and actually relax. I am afraid that if we are too ambitious we will end up traveling the entire time and not seeing anything. Help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,370 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 12/9/2007 at 04:11

reading thai

Posted by kokodojo on 7/9/2007 at 21:39

Hey. im going to thailand for a month come this november. i would like to actually understand how to read the signs and other things when i get there. i am learning the language..bits a pieces. any suggestions on good websites. programs. anything that could help me decifer the written language? thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,168 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 11/9/2007 at 15:39

Sleeping sheets

Posted by KRStamm on 10/9/2007 at 23:12

I plan on staying in cheap hotels/ bungalows in the southern beaches. Do they proving sheets? Is it best to take my own sleeping sheet? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,112 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 11/9/2007 at 09:40

guesthouse toilets

Posted by someguyinasia on 7/9/2007 at 20:57

just while I'm here... why is it that the g/h shower so often sprays onto the dunny? - or even worse - the bogroll? I mean -- how difficult is it to design a bathroom that avoids this messy, sloppy situation? Anyone? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,160 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 9/9/2007 at 05:10

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page