Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Samui Maenam Beach Glass Warning!!!

Posted by bowdie4733 on 13/7/2007 at 12:44

For anyone visiting or planning a visit to the gorgeous Maenam beach area of Koh Samui, please be very very careful of broken glass mainly dumped beer bottles shattered in the tide and scattered all over the beach. So keep your eyes peeled if walking barefoot on the strand or better still dont, wear your sandals. If you got kids scampering all over the beach as they cover large areas during their amazingly energetic marathons be extremly careful, as ive cringed as a little girl got rushed ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,090 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sonicbum on 17/8/2007 at 01:27

KL to Thai Boarder

Posted by princessdisaster on 13/8/2007 at 14:26

Hi, Can anyone tell me how long it takes to drive from KL to the Thai Boarder or even as far as Chumphon. thanks Princess Disaster ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,382 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by rukthai2551 on 16/8/2007 at 04:32

how to get to perhentian islands from Krabi....

Posted by aliclaredale on 14/8/2007 at 20:30

hi, I need a little help with how to get to the perhentian islands from Krabi. I know that there is a bus to the border - but I dont know what time the border is open until and also what time boats leave the mainland to the islands. Will I have to stay overnight somewhere? I'd really appreciate any help. Cheers, ali ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,991 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rukthai2551 on 16/8/2007 at 04:26

How is Koh Lipe with the GAYS?

Posted by glynsheard on 15/8/2007 at 03:33

We are hoping to venture down to Koh Lipe over Xmas time but fear that the Muslim religion, which is more prominent in this region, is less excepting. Does anyone have any experience? We had a bad experience at one resort on Koh Pi Pi last Jan - very unusual for Thailand! Glyn and Chris ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,371 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/8/2007 at 07:24

getting to ko lipe

Posted by tinatina on 12/8/2007 at 16:05

hi everyone, i'd like to go to ko lipe in jenuary. How i get there from ko lanta? best regards from Florence by Tina ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,788 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tinatina on 14/8/2007 at 22:00

Dolphins- Oasis Sea World

Posted by murwill16 on 3/6/2007 at 15:10

Has anyone been to this park recently and/or swum with the dolphins? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,943 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by napoleon on 13/8/2007 at 20:45

Chiang Mai guesthouse, cooking school and trek info needed

Posted by ajetj on 6/8/2007 at 02:44

Hi- I would like to stay by the night bazaar and I will be by myself so I would like somwhere safe and cheap. Also has anyone been to the coking schools I would like to take a class but not sure where is good. I want to do a trek but where do you stay when you go on a 3 day trek, in a tent or a hotel??? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,828 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 13/8/2007 at 06:48

Booking train to Chiang Mai online

Posted by erinj on 3/8/2007 at 08:48

Hello, I have been told it is necessary to book the train to Chiang Mai in advance as I'm travelling in December. How do I do this? Can I do it online? I have found one website, however it charges ~300USD, when according to http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_PDF.asp it should only cost about 70 Aussie dollars. Any ideas? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,083 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 12/8/2007 at 23:31

Koh Kret

Posted by ChangFai on 11/8/2007 at 03:47

Anyone been to Koh Kret ? Did anyone find getting there easy ? Is it possible to get a series of ferries from Saphan Taksin all the way up to Koh Kret ? I have been once before and made a total hash of it . [Okay I listened to a Guide Book I shouldnt have] Ended up getting a taxi that took us to the wrong pier and ended up long boating it . Thanks ChangFai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,539 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/8/2007 at 14:19

freedom beach in ko tao?

Posted by Mad on 7/8/2007 at 22:55

Hello everyone, has anybody stayed at the freedom beach resort in august? i am looking for a secluded, quiet and beautiful beach with rooms/bungalows - possibly on the cheap side, even though I would like some comfort, as fan or AC and... well, depends on how beautiful the place is... just looking for an end to our trip in glorious rest and oceanview, and Ko Tao seemed the best choice... ideas? thanks as always, and happy traveling!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,842 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 10/8/2007 at 14:18

Hiking in Chiang Mai

Posted by mariamini on 5/8/2007 at 19:45

Planning on going hiking/seeing hill tribes in Chiang Mai... probably looking for a 2-3 day hike. Does anyone have any recommendations re. itineraries or particular tours? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,761 times, with no replies.

How long in Chiang Mai?

Posted by mariamini on 3/8/2007 at 14:12

Hi, What is the recommended stay to get a good feel for Chiang Mai? We're on a tight schedule and thinking 2-3 days? Also, we would like to do some trekking. Is it recommended to get a tour guide/package deal or can we have a good experience without? Any thoughts welcome, Thanks, Maria ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,787 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 4/8/2007 at 17:01

Sairee hut Koh Tao

Posted by swag on 3/8/2007 at 07:24

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone has recently stayed at the above bungalows.As I will be in koh tao late feb next year I have emailed them to see if they have a bungalow/ what price/ deposit etc, and received a rather strange reply saying its too early as your booking and payment (might go "diving" if you know what I mean)I didn't hence the question here thanks steve ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,837 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/8/2007 at 09:34

BANGKOK - SUKHOTAI BY TRAIN

Posted by evacondes on 31/7/2007 at 18:21

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if we can get to Phitsanulok by train by night? I have seen several messages that the trains depart in the morning... Thanks Eva ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,553 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by swag on 1/8/2007 at 07:00

Laem Sing Chanthaburi

Posted by laemsing on 31/7/2007 at 23:08

If you want to escape the madness, you might like to check out Laem Sing Beach in Chanthaburi, eastern Thailand. Unspoilt beach and fishing village - very peaceful. website: www.laemsing.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,972 times, with no replies.

MEKONG TRIP

Posted by evacondes on 28/7/2007 at 23:26

Hi, we are going to spend several days in Nan (north Tailand) and we are also interest in see and make a little by boat in the Mekong. Which area do you recommend departing from Nan for example? Thanks E. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,949 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by evacondes on 31/7/2007 at 22:04

sukhothai from Phitsanoluk

Posted by reenakukreja on 31/7/2007 at 00:48

Hi, I will be travelling from Bangkok via train to Phitsanoluk, the final destination being Sukhothai. I was hoping to take the 2:30 train out which reaches there at 8:45 pm. Does anyone know till what time the local buses connecting to Sukhothai run? How often and what would be the best place to get them. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,390 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 31/7/2007 at 20:09

Thai Visas (UK traveller re-entering after 30 days)

Posted by Spaully on 29/7/2007 at 17:17

We (both UK passport holders) flew into Bangkok on the 5th July, spent 3 days there then have been/will be in Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos until about the 12th August when we plan to re-enter at the Huay Xai border crossing (Laos-Thailand). After that we fly out on the 15th. It is unclear from the information on the Thai website whether we need to get a tourist or transit visa for our re-entry, as it lies outside the normal free 30 days. Does anyone have experience of such a situation? I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,397 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 31/7/2007 at 09:50

Getting to Ko Maak...?

Posted by kyleshike on 19/7/2007 at 13:08

Hey I'm planning a trip for August leaving from Beijing, with a final destination of Ko Maak. I can't afford planes, So far I've have: Train from Beijing-Hanoi Train from Hanoi-Saigon Busses from Saigon-Phnom Penh (walking across the border) From there, I don't know what would be the a) cheapest, and b) most direct way from Phnom Penh to Ko Maak. I suppose I could go to Bangkok, as I'm sure it's worth seeing, but I've been looking on this site and also www.seat61.com, and neither have ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,280 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 31/7/2007 at 02:27

reservations for boats to ko phangan

Posted by ike on 29/7/2007 at 16:43

hi all, is it necessary to reserve and buy a ticket for the lomprayah catamaran crossing samui to ko phangan ahead of time? i have seen on other sites that it is recommended because they fill up very quickly. mid august is the time i would be there and need to be in thong sala by 13:00. shall i purchase it directly from the lomprayah website? any experiences or suggestions most welcome! thanks very much! ike ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,244 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 29/7/2007 at 18:34

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page