Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Weather on the western coast

Posted by lagoa89 on 4/8/2007 at 21:59

Hi everyone, Has anyone been to Phuket, Ko Phi Phi or Ko Lanta in the past few days or weeks? If so then perhaps you could let me know what the weather was like? Did it rain everyday and for how long did it rain? I'm weighing up west versus east :D Many thanks, David ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,272 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by lagoa89 on 31/8/2007 at 15:08

Koh Samui (Maenam Beach) or Koh Chang??

Posted by chrisa77 on 29/8/2007 at 22:54

Hi, My husband and I are visiting over Christmas and have had a hell of a time securing accommodations. We finally did manage to narrow it down to two places that have vacancy -- one on Koh Samui (maenam beach) and one on Koh Chang. I know it all comes down to personal preference, but what would you choose if it was your first trip to Thailand and you were looking for a relaxing and authentic (ha!) experience? We're both 30, like to party a little and like to relax a lot. Love the beach and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,770 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by chrisa77 on 31/8/2007 at 00:44

4-5 class rapid on Thailand

Posted by sabbannist on 30/8/2007 at 15:39

hello.. ^_^ is there anyone could recommend to me where can i find a 4-5 class rapids i've surrounded thailand from south to northern for about 3 months but i didn't find it now i've been on Phitsanulok with my kayak waiting for your reply bro.. Sabby ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,533 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 30/8/2007 at 20:24

chiang mai to laos

Posted by jonnybiss on 27/8/2007 at 21:25

hi whats the best way to get from chiang mai to laos and then to vietnam??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,744 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 29/8/2007 at 21:59

Paradise Pearl Phi Phi: changed by new owners?!

Posted by asschouw on 14/8/2007 at 04:30

I'm planning to go to Paradise Pearl Bungalow in Dec. and I contacted the Paradise Resort, as I couldn't get hold of Paradise Pearl Bungalow. They told me the Paradise Pearl Bungalow has new (Thai) owners. Currently they have no email, so you can only contact them by phone. Has anybody stayed here recently? I like to know if the quality has dropped or stayed the same... At the moment you can only confirm your reservation by phone, as they won't fax or email confirmations... Can this long time ru ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,579 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by curstilace on 29/8/2007 at 21:24

Chao Phraya Dinner Cruise - Have you done it?

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 29/8/2007 at 00:03

Hello, Im looking in to the dinner cruises in Bangkok. Anyone been on one already? Good, bad, recommendations etc... Thanks, Ant. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,078 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 29/8/2007 at 20:17

local homestay in bangkok

Posted by fangwantipa on 25/8/2007 at 20:20

is anybody here interested in staying at homestay in local area of bangkok ?? let me know. its not high price. thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,221 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/8/2007 at 06:26

islands in december and january

Posted by kimmyally on 28/8/2007 at 14:59

Hi i will be in thailand over christmas and i was wondering if anyone can tell me which islands are best to visit at this time of year weather wise. i am travelling to south east asia with my husband for 2 months my family are comming to spend the 10 days over christmas with us. my dad is very fussy and i really want to pick the right place. please help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,011 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by swag on 29/8/2007 at 06:17

The Beach resort Phi Phi

Posted by asschouw on 26/8/2007 at 17:28

Hi there, has anybody recently stayed at The Beach resort on Phi Phi's Long Beach? If you have a look at the Travelfish review, there are a view review with pictures... one is very nice, the other one isn't... I wonder which one is closest to the reality and would highloy appreciate some feedback from recent visits... Cheers, Arnold! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,286 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by asschouw on 29/8/2007 at 05:29

silk in thailand

Posted by erinj on 27/8/2007 at 12:27

just wondering if anyone knows where I would go to buy silk while im in thailand? cheers :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,194 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by swag on 28/8/2007 at 06:07

Phuket - Ko Lanta - Phuket

Posted by manna on 25/8/2007 at 08:56

Hi! I'll be in Thailand in November and am wondering if hitting Phuket, Phi Phi and Ko Lanta with only 9 days is wise. Is there some sort of "loop" we could do or would that be an insane amount of ferry time? The only reason I wanted to schedule Ko Lanta in was because it sounds like it would be a great place to relax for a few days. I was also wondering if we should scratch Phuket and see Krabi instead? Is Phuket just a tourist trap now? Help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,527 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by manna on 27/8/2007 at 22:13

babies and thailand

Posted by alisonmilliken on 12/7/2007 at 14:29

Hi there, We are going to get married in Thailand July 2008, at Khao Lak. (Can't wait, should be great). We have managed to finalise a very good resort. And we used to live in BKK so we are used to the weather and everything. But now I am pregnant (due in December) and we plan to take the baby with us when we go. The baby will be about 6mths by then. Any good suggestions for good places to visit after/before the wedding with a baby in tow? Orginally we were wanting to explore Myanmar again, but ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,975 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by chopin on 27/8/2007 at 21:23

East coast vs. West coast?

Posted by olsons on 20/8/2007 at 07:07

Hello, We'll be in Thailand in January for two weeks. We plan to spend about 1 week up North (Chiang Mai/Pai/Chiang Rai) and the other week visiting the beaches. Any suggestions on whether we should visit Phuket/Krabi or Ko Samui? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,154 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 27/8/2007 at 18:29

Time/Price between Bangkok a/p and Train Station

Posted by erinj on 27/8/2007 at 12:32

Hi again, Just wondering how long the trip from airport to the train station (going to chiang mai)is? And how much I can expect to pay. Is taxi the easiest option? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,154 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 27/8/2007 at 18:18

BKK to Buriram

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 21/8/2007 at 21:34

Hello, Anyone know a flight to buriram from bkk. I contacted PB air but they arent doing it at the moment and the website for Air Andaman had me pulling my hair out! I really want to fly bkk to buriram (or at least ko rat) and then if possible buriram (or at least ko rat) on to chaing mai. What are the chances somtam2000?? :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,992 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 27/8/2007 at 18:15

time between transport recommendations?

Posted by ike on 1/8/2007 at 05:24

hi all, if you had to wait for the next boat or next flight, where would you choose to hang out for 2-3 hours (with suitcase)...thong sala (ko phangan) or ko samui airport? i have to make a choice with timetables available, which means some in-between time hanging out between boat/air connections on my way back to bangkok. would love a suggestion or preference,if anyone has a tip. thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,365 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 26/8/2007 at 15:59

Koh lanta to Samui

Posted by woodyuk on 5/5/2007 at 17:18

Hi Does anybody know the quickest way to get from Koh lanta to Samui. I can not find any flights from Krabi? Thanks for any info... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,042 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by manna on 25/8/2007 at 08:39

Getting to Ko Tao from Siem Reap

Posted by bigdaddy on 23/8/2007 at 19:58

Me and my wife are planning to visit Angkor Wat in October and then spend a week snorkeling in Thailand - Ko Tao. Can anyone advice on the best route and mode of transportation. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,330 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 24/8/2007 at 15:46

PP Casita Bungalows in Ko Phi Phi??

Posted by smartcookie on 17/8/2007 at 12:06

Has anyone stayed here before? We're looking to book during high season in November for 3 nights. Please let me know what you thought of it. It's not listed on this site. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,962 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by smartcookie on 24/8/2007 at 15:19

Star Huts worth the price?

Posted by EmjayReet on 23/8/2007 at 09:52

Hi, I just received an email from Star Huts with their pricing... its seems a little steeper than what I thought it would be... we are happy to pay 1900 baht for pure beachfront but just wondering if it is worth this much?? This is what they had to say: "Thank you for interested our bungalow, as the list below Is our room rate and available. - with fan and shower double bed cost 650 ß - with fan and hot shower double bed cost 900ß - with A/C one double bed , cost 120 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,707 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page