Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Laem Sing Chanthaburi

Posted by laemsing on 31/7/2007 at 23:08

If you want to escape the madness, you might like to check out Laem Sing Beach in Chanthaburi, eastern Thailand. Unspoilt beach and fishing village - very peaceful. website: ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,986 times, with no replies.

Posted by evacondes on 28/7/2007 at 23:26

Hi, we are going to spend several days in Nan (north Tailand) and we are also interest in see and make a little by boat in the Mekong. Which area do you recommend departing from Nan for example? Thanks E. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,968 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by evacondes on 31/7/2007 at 22:04

sukhothai from Phitsanoluk

Posted by reenakukreja on 31/7/2007 at 00:48

Hi, I will be travelling from Bangkok via train to Phitsanoluk, the final destination being Sukhothai. I was hoping to take the 2:30 train out which reaches there at 8:45 pm. Does anyone know till what time the local buses connecting to Sukhothai run? How often and what would be the best place to get them. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,399 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 31/7/2007 at 20:09

Thai Visas (UK traveller re-entering after 30 days)

Posted by Spaully on 29/7/2007 at 17:17

We (both UK passport holders) flew into Bangkok on the 5th July, spent 3 days there then have been/will be in Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos until about the 12th August when we plan to re-enter at the Huay Xai border crossing (Laos-Thailand). After that we fly out on the 15th. It is unclear from the information on the Thai website whether we need to get a tourist or transit visa for our re-entry, as it lies outside the normal free 30 days. Does anyone have experience of such a situation? I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,406 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 31/7/2007 at 09:50

Getting to Ko Maak...?

Posted by kyleshike on 19/7/2007 at 13:08

Hey I'm planning a trip for August leaving from Beijing, with a final destination of Ko Maak. I can't afford planes, So far I've have: Train from Beijing-Hanoi Train from Hanoi-Saigon Busses from Saigon-Phnom Penh (walking across the border) From there, I don't know what would be the a) cheapest, and b) most direct way from Phnom Penh to Ko Maak. I suppose I could go to Bangkok, as I'm sure it's worth seeing, but I've been looking on this site and also, and neither have ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,292 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 31/7/2007 at 02:27

reservations for boats to ko phangan

Posted by ike on 29/7/2007 at 16:43

hi all, is it necessary to reserve and buy a ticket for the lomprayah catamaran crossing samui to ko phangan ahead of time? i have seen on other sites that it is recommended because they fill up very quickly. mid august is the time i would be there and need to be in thong sala by 13:00. shall i purchase it directly from the lomprayah website? any experiences or suggestions most welcome! thanks very much! ike ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,255 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 29/7/2007 at 18:34

Thailand FAQ

Posted by villapc on 27/7/2007 at 18:52

What does MSG (about food) mean? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,418 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 29/7/2007 at 12:16

booking ahead

Posted by lizmtl on 14/7/2007 at 15:13

hello. i'll be visiting ko samui, phangan, and tao in august. should i book a hotel/hostel before i get there? or is it really easy to find a place as long as you have a beach in mind? thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,770 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by lizmtl on 24/7/2007 at 05:30

Posted by evacondes on 17/7/2007 at 18:10

Hi again, does anyone know the guest house called Bangkok house? It's placed at 210 soi samsen 1 phranakorn bangkok. Is it in a good area? Is it near the centre? Thanks. E. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,049 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 24/7/2007 at 02:31

Sukhothai Historical Site Opening Hours

Posted by cubanmeow on 20/7/2007 at 11:20

The museum opening hours are 9am - 4pm. What about the park itself? Is it an open area or gated area? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,472 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 24/7/2007 at 02:23

Scamming at border crossing between Aranyaprahet and Poipet.

Posted by adneilme on 28/6/2007 at 23:27

On 25th June I arrived at Aranyaprahet and the next morning I went to border by tuk tuk costed 60Baht. My tuk tuk driver dropped my friends and I at Hang Teng Travel Agency(or may be Heng Tang). There were two men who claimed themselves as a Cambodian who work with government under tourism with an innocent looking faces. They asked us to show our passports for visa confirmation, since we are Malaysians we can cross the border without visa. We were given to two options of getting to Siem Reap, b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,378 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 24/7/2007 at 01:04

Tranport in Southern Thailand

Posted by psychiq on 12/7/2007 at 11:04

I'm just wondering if the transport is quite accesible in Southern Thailand. In particularly, I want to fly into Phuket, travel to Khao Sok National Park for a couple days then travel onto Koh Phangan for the New Years Full moon party. Is this do-able? Would it be easier to fly into Bangkok instead? The reason why I wanted to fly into Phuket is because I would like to spend some more time there after Koh Phangan. If all of this is going to take too long, would maybe the best solution be to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,445 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 24/7/2007 at 00:46

Travel between islands???

Posted by barrysaayman on 19/7/2007 at 19:49

How do you, you get from Ko Samet to Ko Phangan? Let's go Thailand on a budget shows in there suggested itenarary that you can but know where does it say how. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,534 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 24/7/2007 at 00:43

Itinerary help needed

Posted by nivag7 on 18/7/2007 at 16:17

Hi Everyone, I'm going to be in Thailand in the next few weeks with a couple of friends and I need some advice on a few details. How long would it be worth staying in Koh Phi Phi for in August? We were thinking of a week but will the weather be too severe to stay for that long? Also, what is the best way of getting from Chiang Mai to Vang Vieng? Is the only way to get there through Luang Prabang or are there any direct options? We have approx. 2 weeks to take in Chiang Mai, Laos and fi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,538 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by nivag7 on 19/7/2007 at 18:37

Diving KO TAO in November

Posted by happytrooper on 5/7/2007 at 14:59

Hi Everyone I'm planning a diving vacation in Thailand in november. As far as I have understood the Andaman sea is the best place for diving at that time of year. However what I've read about KO TAO it seems like a great diving location and I was wondering if anybody has any experience or advice in that regard? Should we stick to the Andaman sea (simillion/phuket and Ko Lipe) or is Ko Tao good as well? Hoping for some advice form seasoned Thailand divers! Blue skies! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,627 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by youngiw on 19/7/2007 at 16:59

itinerary for a week

Posted by hang on 16/7/2007 at 22:53

this is my first time to thailand. could somebody help me to create an itinerary for a week. i'll be arriving at bangkok from singapore and that's about it. i would prefer an activity based vacation and knowing the locals there. i'll go there with three of my friends, all male. right now our rough idea was to just like this bangkok - ayuthya - phuket - bangkok. btw we are students and have very tight budget. is ayuthya really worth the trip? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,840 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by hang on 18/7/2007 at 18:52

bike riding north to south of island

Posted by ike on 13/7/2007 at 21:36

hi how long does it take to get to maenam pier (for lomprayah catamaran service to ko phangan) from ko samui airport? am trying to estimate timing with flight (bkk to samui) and pickup at 13;00 in thong sala. doesn't necessarily have to be catamaran service. if to bophut or other samui piers, how long does it take to get there from ko samui airport? also, how is bike riding from had khom to ban tai in august? is that an unrealistic distance? or feasible within an hours' time? an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,811 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/7/2007 at 09:25

Hua Hin questions

Posted by hotwings on 6/7/2007 at 03:49

Hi everyone, I'm going to Thailand in August and I'm wondering if Hua Hin is too touristy? I noticed somtam wrote that Hua Hin is now more touristy and prices have gone up. Is it still worth a visit? What about Khao Takiab? I read it's suppose to be 15mins away from Hua Hin and more quiet with a nicer beach. I'm looking for a beach close to Bangkok so if there are any other suggestions please let me know. I would be glad to hear it. Also, is there a train that goes directly from C ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,792 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 12/7/2007 at 21:51

Help, can't choose resort!

Posted by brallygoats on 11/7/2007 at 03:53

Hey, I'm still really strugglin to choose a good private beach resort for a couple over christmas. Price is not an option, the nicer the better. So far i've found Koh Kood Resort, but the website is under construction and ican't really tell if its good or not. Anyone know anything about koh kood or have any other suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,563 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by swag on 12/7/2007 at 06:09

Posted by morisman1 on 11/7/2007 at 21:05

Can anyone advise me of the e-mail address of Nai Ya Beach bungalows.Phuket ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,484 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by fangwantipa on 12/7/2007 at 00:23

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page