Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

time between transport recommendations?

Posted by ike on 1/8/2007 at 05:24

hi all, if you had to wait for the next boat or next flight, where would you choose to hang out for 2-3 hours (with suitcase)...thong sala (ko phangan) or ko samui airport? i have to make a choice with timetables available, which means some in-between time hanging out between boat/air connections on my way back to bangkok. would love a suggestion or preference,if anyone has a tip. thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,374 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 26/8/2007 at 15:59

Koh lanta to Samui

Posted by woodyuk on 5/5/2007 at 17:18

Hi Does anybody know the quickest way to get from Koh lanta to Samui. I can not find any flights from Krabi? Thanks for any info... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,048 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by manna on 25/8/2007 at 08:39

Getting to Ko Tao from Siem Reap

Posted by bigdaddy on 23/8/2007 at 19:58

Me and my wife are planning to visit Angkor Wat in October and then spend a week snorkeling in Thailand - Ko Tao. Can anyone advice on the best route and mode of transportation. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,484 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 24/8/2007 at 15:46

PP Casita Bungalows in Ko Phi Phi??

Posted by smartcookie on 17/8/2007 at 12:06

Has anyone stayed here before? We're looking to book during high season in November for 3 nights. Please let me know what you thought of it. It's not listed on this site. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,969 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by smartcookie on 24/8/2007 at 15:19

Star Huts worth the price?

Posted by EmjayReet on 23/8/2007 at 09:52

Hi, I just received an email from Star Huts with their pricing... its seems a little steeper than what I thought it would be... we are happy to pay 1900 baht for pure beachfront but just wondering if it is worth this much?? This is what they had to say: "Thank you for interested our bungalow, as the list below Is our room rate and available. - with fan and shower double bed cost 650 ß - with fan and hot shower double bed cost 900ß - with A/C one double bed , cost 120 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,712 times, with no replies.

cheapest flights to bangkok

Posted by charlie88 on 13/8/2007 at 19:45

i am thinking of coming ot thailand just after Xmas. which airline is cheapest? i am happy to do stopopver. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,922 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by rakhee2108 on 22/8/2007 at 16:24

How long?

Posted by Si84 on 21/8/2007 at 21:35

Hi guys, I want to go travelling around Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam next year and will have saved enough money to go for (based on budgets I have seen here and elsewhere) 2 years without having to work. This would involve leaving June (ish) 2007. Originally I planned on working in the UK till Feb 2008 and saving up even more money which would allow me to travel for longer but really don't want to wait an extra 8 months before I go. My question is what would you guys do? I'm r ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,623 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mattocmd on 22/8/2007 at 01:17

Domestic Flights - whats the deal?

Posted by katie304 on 17/8/2007 at 21:43

Hi, I will be going to Thailand for 2 weeks and would like to visit both Chiang Mai and Krabi (and surrounds). I plan on taking domestic flights between the two and also back to Bangkok. Should I book them now before I leave or while in Thailand? Since I will only be there for 2 weeks, I don't want to worry about availability but also don't want to pay too much. Anyone have recommendations/suggestions? Also tips on the best airline will be helpful! Thanks, Katie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,853 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by reh on 21/8/2007 at 16:38

one month in sea, is my trip doable?

Posted by annu75 on 10/7/2007 at 05:39

i am planning a trip to bangkok then up to the north, over to hanoi, hue, hoi an, phnom penh, siem reap, kl and then over to the southern peninsula of thailand in 4weeks. is that somehow realisticly doable or is it obviously too much? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,463 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by smartcookie on 17/8/2007 at 12:18

Help with islands in April/May

Posted by Si84 on 17/7/2007 at 01:45

Hi guys, Me and a friend are planning to do the suggested trip on this site that includes Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. We have set aside 10 weeks for this and have allowed 2 extra weeks from the 20th (ish) of April to visit some islands. We would like to experience a mix of good beaches to relax on with some good weather, a bit of exploring and some good old fashioned partying! Any suggestions as to what islands to visit at this time of year and routes? How many do you think we c ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,569 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by smartcookie on 17/8/2007 at 12:11

Nong Khai to Phimai: how to get there

Posted by reenakukreja on 31/7/2007 at 19:52

Hi everyone, I am planning to travel from Nong Khai to Phimai. WHat is the best way to reach Phimai from there? I know it is close to Khorat. As well, does anyone have recommendations about a place to stay there? My travel plan is to go to Sukhothai, then on to Chiang Mai , Nong Khai and after that I am pretty much open to suggestions about other locations. I do like the culture and history stuff. Do you think that doing Sukhothai and Phimai (perhaps attempting to go to Phanom Rung) is t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,894 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 17/8/2007 at 01:42

Koh Samui Maenam Beach Glass Warning!!!

Posted by bowdie4733 on 13/7/2007 at 12:44

For anyone visiting or planning a visit to the gorgeous Maenam beach area of Koh Samui, please be very very careful of broken glass mainly dumped beer bottles shattered in the tide and scattered all over the beach. So keep your eyes peeled if walking barefoot on the strand or better still dont, wear your sandals. If you got kids scampering all over the beach as they cover large areas during their amazingly energetic marathons be extremly careful, as ive cringed as a little girl got rushed ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,109 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sonicbum on 17/8/2007 at 01:27

KL to Thai Boarder

Posted by princessdisaster on 13/8/2007 at 14:26

Hi, Can anyone tell me how long it takes to drive from KL to the Thai Boarder or even as far as Chumphon. thanks Princess Disaster ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,395 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by rukthai2551 on 16/8/2007 at 04:32

how to get to perhentian islands from Krabi....

Posted by aliclaredale on 14/8/2007 at 20:30

hi, I need a little help with how to get to the perhentian islands from Krabi. I know that there is a bus to the border - but I dont know what time the border is open until and also what time boats leave the mainland to the islands. Will I have to stay overnight somewhere? I'd really appreciate any help. Cheers, ali ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,107 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rukthai2551 on 16/8/2007 at 04:26

How is Koh Lipe with the GAYS?

Posted by glynsheard on 15/8/2007 at 03:33

We are hoping to venture down to Koh Lipe over Xmas time but fear that the Muslim religion, which is more prominent in this region, is less excepting. Does anyone have any experience? We had a bad experience at one resort on Koh Pi Pi last Jan - very unusual for Thailand! Glyn and Chris ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,395 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/8/2007 at 07:24

getting to ko lipe

Posted by tinatina on 12/8/2007 at 16:05

hi everyone, i'd like to go to ko lipe in jenuary. How i get there from ko lanta? best regards from Florence by Tina ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,807 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tinatina on 14/8/2007 at 22:00

Dolphins- Oasis Sea World

Posted by murwill16 on 3/6/2007 at 15:10

Has anyone been to this park recently and/or swum with the dolphins? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,983 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by napoleon on 13/8/2007 at 20:45

Chiang Mai guesthouse, cooking school and trek info needed

Posted by ajetj on 6/8/2007 at 02:44

Hi- I would like to stay by the night bazaar and I will be by myself so I would like somwhere safe and cheap. Also has anyone been to the coking schools I would like to take a class but not sure where is good. I want to do a trek but where do you stay when you go on a 3 day trek, in a tent or a hotel??? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,846 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 13/8/2007 at 06:48

Booking train to Chiang Mai online

Posted by erinj on 3/8/2007 at 08:48

Hello, I have been told it is necessary to book the train to Chiang Mai in advance as I'm travelling in December. How do I do this? Can I do it online? I have found one website, however it charges ~300USD, when according to http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_PDF.asp it should only cost about 70 Aussie dollars. Any ideas? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,112 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 12/8/2007 at 23:31

Koh Kret

Posted by ChangFai on 11/8/2007 at 03:47

Anyone been to Koh Kret ? Did anyone find getting there easy ? Is it possible to get a series of ferries from Saphan Taksin all the way up to Koh Kret ? I have been once before and made a total hash of it . [Okay I listened to a Guide Book I shouldnt have] Ended up getting a taxi that took us to the wrong pier and ended up long boating it . Thanks ChangFai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,558 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/8/2007 at 14:19

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page