Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Klung, Chanthaburi

Posted by ruth56 on 5/6/2007 at 03:47

hi there Can anyone advise where to stay very near Klung Chanthaburi. I have found one hotel, Mongkol Hotel, but no reviews. Several hotels in Chanthaburi but not sure how near to Klung. We are going to visit family in the area so need to be within easy distance. The other thing I wondered was how to get there from Bangkok, would the Trat bus stop at Klung or should I go to Chanthaburi then to Klung on local transport. Family have only arrived there yesterday so cannot advise me! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,655 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by khunwilko on 5/6/2007 at 10:34

Monk Bowl Alley/Monk Bowl Village

Posted by owsleybeck on 12/5/2007 at 08:12

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone knows where this is in Bangkok and if anyone can give me directions (street names) on how to get here? Is it easy to find? Will Taxi Drivers know the place? Is it near KS rd? and can you buy these bowls? Please! Please let me know! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,957 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by besok on 4/6/2007 at 23:48

Suvarnabhumi airport

Posted by viacc65 on 3/6/2007 at 04:19

Is it in the airport perhaps a bus info desk counter? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,995 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by besok on 4/6/2007 at 23:45

On Khao Son, alone American male, anyone need any company

Posted by shaolindoman on 18/5/2007 at 18:08

Anyone need any company? I'm a 24 y/o American male. I came here alone and have been scouring bangkok for a few days. Anyone want to meet up sometime tomorrow? Or tomorrow evening? Let me know where and what it is around. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,114 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by stevewich on 2/6/2007 at 23:50

what beach in thailand- early june

Posted by cynko on 24/5/2007 at 11:58

i'll be travelling to southern thaland in early june, bu am looking for some advice on which side to stay on (andaman or gulf) and which island... i'm planning to dive \, but am already certified, so dont neccessarily need to go to koh tao any sugggestions appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,731 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by stevewich on 2/6/2007 at 23:42

Living in Bangkok

Posted by travelsalone on 18/2/2007 at 12:03

I am moving to Thailand in July, very excited, but also a bit overwhelmed! I am interested in what people have to say about living in the different areas of Bangkok..."good" vs. "bad." I will be working at Sukhumvit Rd Soi 49-3, and will have help finding a place to live when I get there, but I am curious to hear what you travelers may have to say. Thanks, and happy travels to you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,297 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 2/6/2007 at 15:55

hi there

Posted by highspirits on 1/6/2007 at 16:36

am visiting malaysia around 20th of this month for 4 days and from 24th i am off to thailand for 10 days ... i am a solo traveler, been to thailand before . Since this time around i am planning to travel into thailand by road from malaysia... just wondering whether its a good idea and also will appreciate if someone can suggest the best possible option to do the same as i basically intend to spend most of my time in south thailand. Also where will i have to get my immigration once i enter th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,318 times, with no replies.

Surat Thani to Koh Phangan - June 07

Posted by oisin on 31/5/2007 at 21:13

I arrive at Surat Thani at 10.15am on Tuesday 26th June. Can anyone advise on the best way to get to Koh Phagnan. Does anyone know times & costs of fast boats? Cheers Oisin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,476 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by oisin on 1/6/2007 at 16:30

Ko Phi-Phi Don vs. Phuket

Posted by gavinsanity on 25/5/2007 at 22:55

I am visiting Thailand in mid-August for six to eight days. My woman and I (no, I am not a redneck :) ) are conflicted about where we should spend our time. We are looking to plan relaxing time at the beach with opportunities for independent sightseeing and excursions- potentially half of our time in both places. First, Ko Phi-Phi Don, then go to Phuket or vice versa? We are leaving out of Bangkok. We are looking to relax- be away from big crowds at our hotel. If we want to join the crowds ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,460 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 26/5/2007 at 09:07

Car Rental - Bangkok International Airport.

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 15/5/2007 at 19:51

Hello, Im looking for any infomation people can offer on renting a car from the international airport in bangkok (don muang). Do you think its worth arranging the car online or just turn up at the airport and hire one from the desk? Thanks for any help. Ant. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,392 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 25/5/2007 at 01:53

Thailand in LATE October - Phuket or Koh Samui, Bangkok, Chiang Mai

Posted by mck28 on 22/5/2007 at 14:18

I've read online that the rainy season begins in October. Would Phuket or Koh Samui get any sun? Are they pretty much the same in late October? And will Bangkok and Chiang Mai get a lot of rain also? Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,132 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/5/2007 at 08:30

Bangkok to Chiang Mai & Krabi

Posted by EricSg on 8/5/2007 at 17:10

Hi all, i'm planning for a trip to thailand with a fren. So i would like to ask what are the options available for coach travel from bangkok to krabi and chiangmai? we looked at the air options so would like to explore the land options to see if we can save $$ by traveling overnight to these destinations. Please provide as much details as possible! like which coach company to take, where is the bus terminal and the journey duration! Many Thanks Eric ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,914 times, with 17 replies. Last reply by trickythefirst on 23/5/2007 at 02:31

Full Moon Party - 6/1

Posted by avj682 on 22/5/2007 at 06:18

What time do these parties usually start and end? We are flying into Kho Pha Ngan from Bangkok just for the party so we are trying to figure when we need to book our returning flight. thanks!:) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,795 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/5/2007 at 06:59

Pattaya - think again...

Posted by khunwilko on 19/3/2007 at 16:20

Here are a few thoughts on Pattaya for those who can’t make up their mind, or are worried about the sex industry and what it’s like for single women, couples, children etc, Pattaya is a cheap and in general cheerful town On the Eastern seaboard of Thailand, the climate is great, the cost of living cheap..... The image most people have of a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah is really a result of careless and sensationalist reporting by various media around the world. It is true that there are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,060 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dutch2000 on 20/5/2007 at 18:11

A Second Place to Stay on Ko Kradan

Posted by tezza on 18/5/2007 at 17:13

A Second Place to Stay on Ko Kradan. PARADISE LOST is a bit of a gem - situated in a jungle clearing about a short walk in from the main eastern beach, you literally have your native hut in the jungle, as some of those shots on the website show. It consists of only 3 smallish trad style bungalows - woven-bamboo walls and thatched-roofs - with outside toilets, plus 2 bigger attached-bathroom bungalows. At 400 and 700 baht in March, these are a bit overpriced, but not compared to KRADAN PARADIS ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,774 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 18/5/2007 at 17:17

Bangkok and Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai

Posted by jcampbell3 on 16/5/2007 at 06:03

We cut down the length of our late June trip to Thailand to see more of Vietnam, where we've never been. Now will be arriving Bangkok midday Sunday and leaving early the next Saturday, leaving 5.5 days. We definitely want to spend some time outside of Bangkok, had thought of going to Chiang Mai midday Wednesday and returning Friday night. We went to Chiang Mai 15 years ago, wonder whether for such a short trip it might be worth trying Chiang Rai instead, even though our treking time would be ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,647 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by exacto on 18/5/2007 at 08:08

Storage in Bangkok

Posted by milo5286 on 16/5/2007 at 14:25

Hi, Im travelling to Europe after South East Asia and I have been told by several people to travel lightly through South East Asia. I was wondering if anyone knows of a safe, cheap and easy place, eg. airport, where I could store stuff. Oh also, I want to buy a couple things like black shoes, light weight shirts and pants. I was thinking I could send the shoes home so I dont have to cary them around. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I could get these things and if sending stu ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,095 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ernieh on 17/5/2007 at 16:20

Can I exchange $20 USD in Bangkok?

Posted by owsleybeck on 15/5/2007 at 14:12

I know that far from the city Exchange places only take new $100 USD bills. But I have some American 20's that I would like to get rid of first before I start using my hundreds. Is it possible to change these or will I be out of luck? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,488 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ernieh on 17/5/2007 at 16:14

Railay Beach, Krabe...Are you kidding?

Posted by abh1128 on 16/5/2007 at 16:09

I'm toward the end of my 3 month journey in Southeast Asia and wanted to finish the trip in Southern Thailand, along the beautiful Andaman coast...so even though it's the beginning of rainy season, I decided to journey to Railay Beach (Krabe region), highly recommended by Travelfish, get a better guest house, and chill for the remaining weeks. As soon as I got off the long tail boat, I should have listened to my gut instinct and got right back on. I didn't like what I saw or smelled. It was ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,039 times, with no replies.

Bangkok to Aranyaprathet/Poipet

Posted by adneilme on 13/5/2007 at 10:29

Is anyone know what is the most comfortable transport from Bangkok to Aranyaprathet? As far as I know, there is only a 3rd class seats(wooden seat) but the train is quite clean and a pleasant way to travel. Any advices? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,417 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/5/2007 at 21:47

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page