Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok to Chiang Mai & Krabi

Posted by EricSg on 8/5/2007 at 17:10

Hi all, i'm planning for a trip to thailand with a fren. So i would like to ask what are the options available for coach travel from bangkok to krabi and chiangmai? we looked at the air options so would like to explore the land options to see if we can save $$ by traveling overnight to these destinations. Please provide as much details as possible! like which coach company to take, where is the bus terminal and the journey duration! Many Thanks Eric ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,938 times, with 17 replies. Last reply by trickythefirst on 23/5/2007 at 02:31

Full Moon Party - 6/1

Posted by avj682 on 22/5/2007 at 06:18

What time do these parties usually start and end? We are flying into Kho Pha Ngan from Bangkok just for the party so we are trying to figure when we need to book our returning flight. thanks!:) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,807 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/5/2007 at 06:59

Pattaya - think again...

Posted by khunwilko on 19/3/2007 at 16:20

Here are a few thoughts on Pattaya for those who can’t make up their mind, or are worried about the sex industry and what it’s like for single women, couples, children etc, Pattaya is a cheap and in general cheerful town On the Eastern seaboard of Thailand, the climate is great, the cost of living cheap..... The image most people have of a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah is really a result of careless and sensationalist reporting by various media around the world. It is true that there are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,067 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dutch2000 on 20/5/2007 at 18:11

A Second Place to Stay on Ko Kradan

Posted by tezza on 18/5/2007 at 17:13

A Second Place to Stay on Ko Kradan. PARADISE LOST is a bit of a gem - situated in a jungle clearing about a short walk in from the main eastern beach, you literally have your native hut in the jungle, as some of those shots on the website show. It consists of only 3 smallish trad style bungalows - woven-bamboo walls and thatched-roofs - with outside toilets, plus 2 bigger attached-bathroom bungalows. At 400 and 700 baht in March, these are a bit overpriced, but not compared to KRADAN PARADIS ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,789 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 18/5/2007 at 17:17

Bangkok and Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai

Posted by jcampbell3 on 16/5/2007 at 06:03

We cut down the length of our late June trip to Thailand to see more of Vietnam, where we've never been. Now will be arriving Bangkok midday Sunday and leaving early the next Saturday, leaving 5.5 days. We definitely want to spend some time outside of Bangkok, had thought of going to Chiang Mai midday Wednesday and returning Friday night. We went to Chiang Mai 15 years ago, wonder whether for such a short trip it might be worth trying Chiang Rai instead, even though our treking time would be ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,668 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by exacto on 18/5/2007 at 08:08

Storage in Bangkok

Posted by milo5286 on 16/5/2007 at 14:25

Hi, Im travelling to Europe after South East Asia and I have been told by several people to travel lightly through South East Asia. I was wondering if anyone knows of a safe, cheap and easy place, eg. airport, where I could store stuff. Oh also, I want to buy a couple things like black shoes, light weight shirts and pants. I was thinking I could send the shoes home so I dont have to cary them around. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I could get these things and if sending stu ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,107 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ernieh on 17/5/2007 at 16:20

Can I exchange $20 USD in Bangkok?

Posted by owsleybeck on 15/5/2007 at 14:12

I know that far from the city Exchange places only take new $100 USD bills. But I have some American 20's that I would like to get rid of first before I start using my hundreds. Is it possible to change these or will I be out of luck? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,519 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ernieh on 17/5/2007 at 16:14

Railay Beach, Krabe...Are you kidding?

Posted by abh1128 on 16/5/2007 at 16:09

I'm toward the end of my 3 month journey in Southeast Asia and wanted to finish the trip in Southern Thailand, along the beautiful Andaman even though it's the beginning of rainy season, I decided to journey to Railay Beach (Krabe region), highly recommended by Travelfish, get a better guest house, and chill for the remaining weeks. As soon as I got off the long tail boat, I should have listened to my gut instinct and got right back on. I didn't like what I saw or smelled. It was ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,051 times, with no replies.

Bangkok to Aranyaprathet/Poipet

Posted by adneilme on 13/5/2007 at 10:29

Is anyone know what is the most comfortable transport from Bangkok to Aranyaprathet? As far as I know, there is only a 3rd class seats(wooden seat) but the train is quite clean and a pleasant way to travel. Any advices? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,438 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/5/2007 at 21:47

Toys in Bangkok

Posted by canucksinasia on 14/5/2007 at 09:14

We're returning to Bangkok for a few days before flying back to Canada and I'm wondering if anyone would have any idea where I can buy cool toys for my little brothers. They're both really into Manga and Japanimation and all things associated therewith. I've seen some toys in the little stalls at MBK, but am sure that there must be something more impressive out there, and geared for slightly older kids, (or adult nerds ;)... Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,342 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 15/5/2007 at 18:00

Posted by wanderingcat on 15/5/2007 at 12:27 About this site: Stories of Scams in Bangkok and Thailand The intention of this website is not to put Thailand in a bad light. All countries have scammers. However, we are concerned that a small minority of Thai people are giving the rest of the country a bad name. If you have been scammed while on holiday in Thailand then please report this scam so that others can learn from your experience. If we can work together, we can put these scammers out of business. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,326 times, with no replies.

Where NOT to eat in Thailand

Posted by escape123 on 10/5/2007 at 21:58

Just got back from Chaweng. Had dinner at Three Fat Greeks. All I can say is don't eat here. The meat was one large piece of fat. Seriously. Not a morsel of actual meat was on the bone. I had to send it back. Didn't bother to try my chances a second time and assumed they would remove it from the bill. They did not until I asked them to. To top it off, I forgot my phone there and when I went back (within 1 minute) they claimed it wasn't there. (It was sitting on the table next to me the whole tim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,406 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by escape123 on 14/5/2007 at 13:52

Phi Phi

Posted by walkingsunshine on 12/5/2007 at 05:58

Hi travelers! My boyfriend and I r planning on going to Koh Phi Phi in august. I have heard really mix reviews on phi phi, however I would still like to go and experience it. Should we book in advance before we go? even though it would be in low season. Long beach or Tonsai? We really can't choose where to stay. We want nice beaches and still be able to do a little partying. Our budget is max 2000 thb pr night. Any advice, espeacially on accomandation, would be really apreciated. Thx :-) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,593 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by walkingsunshine on 13/5/2007 at 20:50

Island Advice Please?

Posted by nicolle on 30/3/2007 at 00:00

Hello! My husband and I are planning our first trip ro Cambodia/Thailand and are having a little trouble with the island (chillout) portion of the trip. We have two weeks set aside and think we'd like to visit three islands in that time. We narrowed them down to: Ko Samui (specifically Taling Ngam) Ko Tao Ko Pha Ngan First question, are we skipping an island we really shouldn't (our main goal is swimming and chilling)? And second, what order should we visit the islands in? We'll be comin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,020 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by walkingsunshine on 12/5/2007 at 05:29

Island question?

Posted by luna86 on 30/4/2007 at 18:01

Wondering if anyone can give me some advice? im going to thailand in june...and i want to go relax on a island....i know june/july is slightly rainy...ko chang and ko samet? or ko phangan and ko samui? help would be much appreciated xo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,420 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by walkingsunshine on 12/5/2007 at 04:58

Posted by nigatu on 7/2/2007 at 21:08

hi wondering whether it is possible to withdraw cash from thai atms if i have Maestro and MasterCard account in a european bank? are there plenty of atms around? how much is the comission? thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,662 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by walkingsunshine on 12/5/2007 at 04:13

Message board for Eastern Europe-do you know of any?

Posted by iwillfly525 on 10/5/2007 at 18:00

Sorry I know this isn’t what this message board is meant for. But I just LOVE with website. I tell all my friends about it who are traveling to SEA. Unfortunately, my next vacation is not in SEA. I will be traveling to Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Greece. I was wondering if anyone knew of a message board similar to this one for Eastern Europe. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,106 times, with no replies.

Islands off Trang, Koh,libong,sukorn,kradan etc

Posted by swag on 10/5/2007 at 12:05

Am thinking of spending some time on these islands.It seems the population are muslim which is fine,but can you get a cold beer there?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,870 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/5/2007 at 15:21

The Rainy Season

Posted by owsleybeck on 10/5/2007 at 10:09

I am traveling to Thailand this May (16th-27th. I will be staying in around Ko Phi Phi/Ko Lanta...My friends picked this time of year to travel South east Asia (I suppose becuase it is cheaper but I don't believe they had any idea that it was the wet season. They are flyng in from Canada and I will be flying to Thailand from Shanghai (where I live) I am well aware that This time of year is the wet season or Rainy season or Typhoon season. In Shanghai we get lots of rain (in short bursts usually) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,779 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by owsleybeck on 10/5/2007 at 10:10

phuket or koh samui?

Posted by desigurl82 on 4/5/2007 at 11:25

I am planning on traveling with a friend to either one of these two islands for 3 days, but i'm having trouble deciding which island to go to. I'm going at the end of august and so I'm concerned about weather and wanted to know which one would be better in that regard. I also was wondering which one has better beaches or if they are comparable. We're looking for a place with nice beaches and snorkling and with some good restaurants and bars around. Also, lastly, which beaches in phuket and k ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,977 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 7/5/2007 at 07:56

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page