Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chaing Mai to Luang Prabang to Siem Reap Travel Suggestions?

Posted by jenwhalensf on 19/4/2007 at 08:05

Hi All! Leaving San Francisco in a few days, bound for my first trip to SE Asia! Looking for advice on how I should travel from Chaing Mai to Luang Prabang and then on to Siem Reap? Initially, we thought we'd fly to all destinations, but is there a way to travel between LP and SR that would be more "scenic" or "experiential", not to mention, better than flying? Also, is it our best bet to fly from CM to LP? We don't have enough time for the 2 day long-boat trip, unfortunately. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,838 times, with no replies.

Weather in May - Koh Pan Nang - Hat Yao Beach (west side of island)

Posted by deano_marino on 17/4/2007 at 11:50

Hello Anyone have any idea if i should head to Hat Yao beach in mid may?? Not usre what the weather or the beach are like? Never been to Thailand!!! Cheers Deano_MArino ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,982 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by deano_marino on 18/4/2007 at 08:18

SUGGESTIONS - Northern Thailand Itinerary??

Posted by AmandaJordan on 16/4/2007 at 23:20

I will be travelling Bangkok and north for just under two weeks including time at the end to make it up to Huay Xai to cross over to Laos. We are planning to spend most of our time in and around chiang mai. I have many things I would love to see and don't have time for all of them so I would love some reccomendations. We originally had Sukhothai in our itinerary but Im now considering cutting it in favour of heading over to Mae Hong Son and doing a trek from there. Are these treks really sig ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,053 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/4/2007 at 09:08

Ko Yao Noi / Yai

Posted by woodyuk on 24/3/2007 at 15:25

HI We are looking at heading down to Ko Yao Noi / Yai at the end of April for ten days. What should the weather be like at this time of year and can anybody recommend good Beach hut resorts with nice quiet beaches. If anybody has pictures or other recommendations for the these islands info would be appriciated. Thanks.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,528 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by woodyuk on 13/4/2007 at 00:24

Don Muang re-opens this weekend

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/3/2007 at 06:10

The Bangkok Post reports that Don Muang will be officially reopening this weekend. Initially both Nok Air and Orient Thai Airlines will be using it for all their flights while THAI will be using it for their non-connecting domestic flights only. On all new ticketing the code for Don Muang will be changed from BKK to DMK. According to the Thai Airways site, flight operations at Don Muang Airport will be numbered 4 digits starting with 1 (TG 1xxx) such as TG 1203 and those operated at Suvarnabh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,837 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/4/2007 at 18:24

Bangkok scams

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/4/2007 at 09:00

Richard and Steve have a couple of great write-ups of typical scams tourists may come across in Thailand. Well worth a read. Richard on tourist scams Steve on the Tuk Tuk scam Found via Friskodude ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,386 times, with no replies.

URGENT apple computer needed in Bangkok

Posted by geoffraffe on 11/4/2007 at 16:10

I'm going to South America soon and I need to download a spanish course to my ipod. The trouble is that I downloaded all my music from a mac and if I download from a pc now it will format my ipod. The good people at apple are truly magnificent sometimes. Does anyone know of a place in Bangkok(I'm there in a couple of weeks) or Singapore that has internet on apple computers? Or does anyone knows someone with a mac that would let me use it and I will pay them for their time. Any help on this ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,278 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by skinnylatte on 11/4/2007 at 16:59

Travelling from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta

Posted by robinmak on 3/4/2007 at 17:47

I am planning to travel from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta. Anyone who has been on this route please advise how it the best way to get to Koh Lanta from Koh Samui. Thanks alot. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,934 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by wayne on 11/4/2007 at 15:57

Flight from Bangkok to Siem Reap

Posted by ChrisM48 on 31/3/2007 at 11:06

Can anyone help on this one? Wanting to fly from Bankgok to Siem Reap one way. The advertised flights on Internet all seem a bit exorbitant. Is it possible to arrange flight in Bangkok through local agents and is the price cheaper than those advertised on the net? Thanks heaps ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,983 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by wayne on 11/4/2007 at 15:53

Warnings on Travel to Thailand from the Australian Government

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/4/2007 at 04:39

The Australian Govt has warned about the possibility of bombings in Thailand to coincide with the Songkran holiday period. You can read the full report here. We view these warnings as being pretty conservative in nature, but travellers to Thailand should try to keep informed of any developments -- Thai TV and newspapers are a pretty good start. The vast majority of the problems are restricted to the far southern provinces of Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat -- none of which are "key" tourist d ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,892 times, with no replies.

Which Phuket Beach? Late June/Early July Travel

Posted by epessin on 10/4/2007 at 09:17

Travel to Phuket in Late June/Early July - Where should we go? East or West Coast? Which Beach? There are too many to just choose one at random. Any advice? THANKS! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,975 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/4/2007 at 04:31

'Minibuses' in Krabi

Posted by skinnylatte on 9/4/2007 at 21:22

I'm wondering if anyone could help me out... I'm going to be in Krabi, then I'd like to (ideally) head straight to Sangkhlaburi w/o going to Bangkok first. Does anyone know if the minibuses in Krabi go there -- or near enough? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,094 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/4/2007 at 05:43

looking to bus a round trip from bangkok?

Posted by mick110971 on 6/4/2007 at 11:21

Hi everyone was wondering if it is possible to bus from Kanchanaburi to Sangkhlaburi then on to Ayutthaya and back to bangkok? Any suggestions on guest houses or sightseeing would be appreciated. Planning to stay one night in ech place. Thanks, MIck & Treen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,694 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mick110971 on 9/4/2007 at 04:40

travel from ko samui to ko tao

Posted by bjames42 on 3/4/2007 at 22:49

hello, i arrive in bangkok at 1 p.m. and fly to ko samui at 5:30pm(arrive at 7), and then im supposed to make my way to ko tao. im wondering, how easy would it be to get on an earlier flight as a stand-by to ko samui (since i'll be in bangkok for 4 1/2 hours before my flight booked flight) and how many ferries go to ko tao from ko samui during the day? any suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,388 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 4/4/2007 at 09:10

dolphin on thong nai pan yai

Posted by minx24 on 3/4/2007 at 08:58

anyone know how to get a room here? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,493 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by minx24 on 3/4/2007 at 22:23

Weather in Koh Chang??

Posted by AnetteH on 29/3/2007 at 16:45

Does anyone know how the weather is on Koh Chang? We have been searching the web and found that the forecasts aren't that good; rainy and thunder. We are planing to stay on White Sand Beach - is it sunny there or does the general forecast for Koh Chang apply for this beach as well? Please help us!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,299 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ramphueng on 30/3/2007 at 13:08

Yoga Retreat

Posted by annamac on 27/3/2007 at 12:08

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has been on or knows about a good yoga school / retreat in the Chiang Mai / Mae Hong Son region? Ideally it would be in or around Pai but I'm not too fussy. I'll be there toward the end of April - and I'm not finding much luck on Google! Any thoughts much appreciated. x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,855 times, with no replies.

Posted by lcoyne on 22/3/2007 at 23:41

Hey All I am looking to do the thailand-indochina tour 1 over a 6-8 week period. Starting in Bangkok and finishing up Hanoi. As this is over land entering different countries at different points. Do i need to apply for the visa's for entering laos/cambodia and vietnam before hand? Or can i apply for all of these in bangkok? Travelling from Ireland...Did have a look at each site, but it's very confusing....any help would be fab... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,487 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by lcoyne on 26/3/2007 at 14:58

An alternative place to stay near to Klong Muang Beach (near Krabi)

Posted by sugarplum on 24/3/2007 at 12:19

Friends of ours are going to be in a flash hotel in Klong Muang Beach - it doesn't look that great there and the accommodation is very expensive. Can anyone recommend anywhere nearish that we can stay, but with good transport connection so we can still meet up. Currently thinking about Haad Nopphara Thara, as it looks like a cab or tuk tuk journey away. Any suggestions are welcome. Cheers, Luke ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,591 times, with no replies.

Mekong River Boat In Laos - Need to get there from Chaing Mia

Posted by SteveHickey on 20/3/2007 at 20:58

Hi All, Just looking for a bit of info on the Mekong river boat trip. I will be in Chiang Mai, and from there I will be looking to head North into Laos to cross the border and head south to Luang Prabang by boat. What I need to find out is the folllowing: 1) From Chiang Mai, what is the best route to head north and in to Laos in order to take a boat to Luang Prabang along the Mekong - I have heard that it is probably best to go Chiang Khong (how? and how long from Chaing Mai?) wh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,862 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by LancasterLad on 22/3/2007 at 17:44

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page