Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Charliehousepinklao in Bangkok

Posted by dutchtravelfam on 9/3/2007 at 15:57

We are a family with 3 young children travelling through SE Asia for 4 months. I have been looking at booking Charlie House Pin Klao in Bangkok for a few nights; it looks really nice. It's been open for just a year now and can not find anything about it on Travelfish. Does anyone know it? The rooms are heavily discounted right now, should I be suspicious? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,297 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by wayne on 11/3/2007 at 20:49

How many days in each place?

Posted by CalgaryJen on 7/3/2007 at 03:29

I was wondering how many days *should* be spent at each of the following places? (We'll be in Thailand for 2.5 weeks). Bangkok Ayutthaya Ko Tao Ko Pha Ngan Krabi Ko Phi Phi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,596 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 10/3/2007 at 23:31

Renting Mobile Phones in Bangkok

Posted by CalgaryJen on 7/3/2007 at 03:25

Is it possible to rent phones in Bangkok that work all over Thailand for 2.5 weeks? How much would it cost (for phone calls and text messages)? We'll be mostly in Bangkok and in the south and gulf islands. Where would you rent them? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,661 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 10/3/2007 at 23:26

getting rooms in Phuket

Posted by tharani on 10/3/2007 at 15:23

My friend and I are headed for Phuket from the 15th to the 19th of March, and we do not have a room booked. We are budget to mid- range travelers (1000 to 1500BHT/night) and are hoping for a nice beach holiday with a lot of shopping, food and some nightlife. But as we are both girls, safety is a concern. Is Patong beach a good place to start, or should we head for someplace more quiet but also with some life like Kata. Advice please. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,091 times, with no replies.

Koh Chang Budget Accommodation

Posted by michaelnewman on 10/3/2007 at 08:13

Guys / Girls Myself and my family have been to Thailand many times but never south. Later this year we are travelling to Koh Chang island. We are looking for some feedback on good budget style accommodation that is reasonable well located on the island. We have two youngish children so being near to shops etc is important to them. Not looking for 4 star but something that is self contained ie cabin / lodge style and preferably in the range of 1000 to 1500 bht per night. So key things are not ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,872 times, with no replies.

need cheap accomadation on koh phangan and koh tao

Posted by rockwilder on 7/3/2007 at 23:41

I'm on koh samui right now but headin to koh phangan and koh tao over the next week...i'm backpackin and have a really low budget after stayin too long on samui...anyone recommend wheres good to party and still get a cheap hut on the beach...luxurys aren't a big deal as i really just intend sleepin there and leavin my back pack durin the day...would prefer to spend my money on learnin to dive then blowin it on somewhere with a tv i'm not gonna watch...would like to meet some other like minded ba ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,429 times, with no replies.

Saewana Bar, Dusit Area

Posted by steviej on 6/3/2007 at 23:30

Okay, I know there's an address for this place but roughly speaking is it at the Monument end or Vimanek Teak Mansion end of Ratchawithe Road. Or in the middle............. ;-) stevie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,311 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by steviej on 7/3/2007 at 17:50

Shipping parcels from Thailand

Posted by GussieG on 5/3/2007 at 19:20

Has anyone any experience of shipping parcels back to the UK from Thailand? How much is it and is it reliable? Yours GussieG ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,235 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tumi8 on 6/3/2007 at 16:15

My Trip To Thailand

Posted by Red on 23/1/2007 at 11:58

Sawadee-ka, Sorry if it's not spelt correctly. Well we returned home on Wednesday this week after spending 3 fantastic weeks in Thailand, and i only wish that we where still there.The people are great, the food just delicious and the country in beautiful. I can't really go into detail just yet as I'm still trying to unpack and get into the humdrum of life at home. But I promise I will give you a more detailed report as soon as possible. We landed in BKK and stayed a few days, then took a tri ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,077 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tumi8 on 6/3/2007 at 15:57

Chian Maan residence, Chiang Mai

Posted by tumi8 on 6/3/2007 at 15:50

we have visited this fantastic boutique accommodation this february. we have met the most wonderful people in a green oasis of peace- and all this in the oldtown, next to the stunnig temple of Wat Chiang Maan. if you are going to chiang mai, not wanting to spend a fortune on stylistic perfection, have a look at it. if you want someting traditional, but not shabby, this is the place to go. we love it and would go back anytime. www.chiangmaanresidence.blogspot.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,390 times, with no replies.

The Florist Resort, Maenam - Koh Samui

Posted by newbie419 on 5/3/2007 at 08:21

Has anyone stayed here? How is the beach out front? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,793 times, with no replies.

ayutthaya-phitsanulok

Posted by nigatu on 2/3/2007 at 21:35

we are trying to travel from a. to p. and on to sukkhothai on saturday morning. there seems to be only one morning train at 8:11 am. do they operate on saturdays by the same timetable as during the week /are there any other morning connections such as bus? thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,032 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 3/3/2007 at 02:49

International Drivers Permit vs British Driving Licence...

Posted by kittenpooh on 28/2/2007 at 18:34

Hello Does anyone have the definitive answer to this question: Can I hire a motorcycle in Thailand and drive it legally with only a British Driving Licence? There seems to be a lot of conflicting information around as to whether or not an International Drivers Permit is required, or if the national licence will suffice... Cheers Kittenpooh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,643 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by grantroger on 3/3/2007 at 00:53

MP3 shops in Bangkok

Posted by robfry on 2/3/2007 at 09:09

Hi, Anyone know of a decent MP3 store in Bangkok al a Boom Boom Room in Phnom Penh/Shianoukville? I'm bored of my music and want to find some new stuff. Ta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,690 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by robfry on 2/3/2007 at 09:18

some questions about booking rooms

Posted by zarkia on 1/3/2007 at 01:54

hello everyone. i have a kind of wierd question. i know that a singe room has one bed and a double room has a double bed (or a twin has 2 beds) but what confuses me is the pricing. my sister and i are travelling around thailand, malaysia and singapore in may / june and we'll be booking double / twin rooms, but does that mean that we both pay the quoted price, or is the price just for the room (so we both pay half?) also - is it worth-while pre-booking rooms / huts in the low season, or are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,632 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by zarkia on 1/3/2007 at 22:04

Elephants

Posted by Lynnette on 27/2/2007 at 22:19

We are going to Bangkok then to Phuket in July with our 11yr old son, he is looking forward to seeing Elephants and I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions of places to visit or tours that we couls all go on? Thanx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,548 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Leo32725 on 28/2/2007 at 02:06

Koh Kood Resort and Spa, KOh Kood, Trat Province

Posted by carmen on 27/2/2007 at 11:21

We took a five days 4 nights package to Koh Kood. It was organized by the Siam Beach Resort on Lonely Beach in Koh Chang. All our meals and excursions were included. Upon arrival we were met by an extremely friendly owner of this resort. He has many wooden bungalows situated on the beautiful beach. There are mosquito nets although we didn't neet them, and an attached outdoors bathroom with a western toilette, and a cold shower. We had a front beach bungalow with a great view of sunsets. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,488 times, with no replies.

Thailand Itinerary - am i being unrealistic??

Posted by cellabella on 26/2/2007 at 01:00

I am planning to spend 3 weeks in Thailand in May, incorporating a bit of Laos as well. It is my first trip to Asia and I am hoping it will be amazing. But...that is dependent on me getting it right! So...Any advice or tips based on my itinierary would be very much appreciated. Especially if you think it is ambitious or i'm getting it wrong! It is so far...: - Start off in Bangkok, spend 2/3 days there, stay at Reflections (or is it too far out?) - Fly to Chiang Mai, spend 2 days in town, then ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,342 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cellabella on 26/2/2007 at 22:35

Airport Cab

Posted by steviej on 2/1/2007 at 20:11

Hi All, Can anybody give me a rough estimate for cab fare from the airport to Khao San Rd................. ...........................and how long does it take?? chill steviej ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,992 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by JoHe59 on 26/2/2007 at 19:42

Travelling Chiang Kong to Luang Prabang by long boat - Advice please!!

Posted by cellabella on 23/2/2007 at 21:58

I am planning to spend some time in both Thailand and Laos in May, combining to two by travelling on the Mekong from Chiang Kong to Luang Prabang and then leaving Laos by plane back to Bangkok. I have some questions i am really struggling to find the answers to, so if anyone can help, i would be so grateful! 1. What is the best and fastest way to get to Chiang Kong from Chiang Mai? 2. Does anyone know of any safe longboat operators - where can i find them? should i book ahead or just turn up? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,154 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by skinnylatte on 24/2/2007 at 00:40

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page