Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

MP3 shops in Bangkok

Posted by robfry on 2/3/2007 at 09:09

Hi, Anyone know of a decent MP3 store in Bangkok al a Boom Boom Room in Phnom Penh/Shianoukville? I'm bored of my music and want to find some new stuff. Ta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,713 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by robfry on 2/3/2007 at 09:18

some questions about booking rooms

Posted by zarkia on 1/3/2007 at 01:54

hello everyone. i have a kind of wierd question. i know that a singe room has one bed and a double room has a double bed (or a twin has 2 beds) but what confuses me is the pricing. my sister and i are travelling around thailand, malaysia and singapore in may / june and we'll be booking double / twin rooms, but does that mean that we both pay the quoted price, or is the price just for the room (so we both pay half?) also - is it worth-while pre-booking rooms / huts in the low season, or are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,660 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by zarkia on 1/3/2007 at 22:04

Elephants

Posted by Lynnette on 27/2/2007 at 22:19

We are going to Bangkok then to Phuket in July with our 11yr old son, he is looking forward to seeing Elephants and I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions of places to visit or tours that we couls all go on? Thanx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,609 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Leo32725 on 28/2/2007 at 02:06

Koh Kood Resort and Spa, KOh Kood, Trat Province

Posted by carmen on 27/2/2007 at 11:21

We took a five days 4 nights package to Koh Kood. It was organized by the Siam Beach Resort on Lonely Beach in Koh Chang. All our meals and excursions were included. Upon arrival we were met by an extremely friendly owner of this resort. He has many wooden bungalows situated on the beautiful beach. There are mosquito nets although we didn't neet them, and an attached outdoors bathroom with a western toilette, and a cold shower. We had a front beach bungalow with a great view of sunsets. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,509 times, with no replies.

Thailand Itinerary - am i being unrealistic??

Posted by cellabella on 26/2/2007 at 01:00

I am planning to spend 3 weeks in Thailand in May, incorporating a bit of Laos as well. It is my first trip to Asia and I am hoping it will be amazing. But...that is dependent on me getting it right! So...Any advice or tips based on my itinierary would be very much appreciated. Especially if you think it is ambitious or i'm getting it wrong! It is so far...: - Start off in Bangkok, spend 2/3 days there, stay at Reflections (or is it too far out?) - Fly to Chiang Mai, spend 2 days in town, then ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,368 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cellabella on 26/2/2007 at 22:35

Airport Cab

Posted by steviej on 2/1/2007 at 20:11

Hi All, Can anybody give me a rough estimate for cab fare from the airport to Khao San Rd................. ...........................and how long does it take?? chill steviej ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,064 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by JoHe59 on 26/2/2007 at 19:42

Travelling Chiang Kong to Luang Prabang by long boat - Advice please!!

Posted by cellabella on 23/2/2007 at 21:58

I am planning to spend some time in both Thailand and Laos in May, combining to two by travelling on the Mekong from Chiang Kong to Luang Prabang and then leaving Laos by plane back to Bangkok. I have some questions i am really struggling to find the answers to, so if anyone can help, i would be so grateful! 1. What is the best and fastest way to get to Chiang Kong from Chiang Mai? 2. Does anyone know of any safe longboat operators - where can i find them? should i book ahead or just turn up? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,186 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by skinnylatte on 24/2/2007 at 00:40

Transport or distance from Klong Muang Beach to Railay Beach

Posted by sugarplum on 23/2/2007 at 17:52

Friends of ours are stayng in Klong Muang, but we want to stay on either Railay East or West. So far been unable to find a map with scale. Can anyone let us know what either the distance between, or the cost of transport between are. And also, what time transport runs until? Cheers........ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,305 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by alebanane on 23/2/2007 at 20:15

Websites to find travelmate

Posted by carlakoopman on 23/2/2007 at 13:07

Hi, I will be visiting Thailand (and maybe Laos) from 24 May till 19 June. At the moment I'm traveling alone in Australia, and that's no problem, a lot of people to meet and Australia is not much different as the life I'm used to in Holland. But I'm a bit more insecure about Thailand, and would prefer to travel with someone else. Does anyone know useful websites to find a travelmate? Or do you think I will be fine, traveling alone, because Thailand is quite Western? Kind regards, Carl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,404 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ohaileagain on 23/2/2007 at 17:21

Pilok Mine, Kanchanaburi

Posted by Somsak2299 on 22/2/2007 at 18:01

Anyone ever visited Pilok Mine in Thong Pha Phun, Kanchanaburi? Is it worth the visit? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,701 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/2/2007 at 09:35

airport to ayuthaya?

Posted by nigatu on 20/2/2007 at 14:53

hello is there any direct public transportation from the new bkk airport suvarnabhumi to ayuthaya? what is the easiest way to get there? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,745 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/2/2007 at 09:35

Krabi up to Kanchanaburi

Posted by skinnylatte on 23/2/2007 at 03:03

I'm wondering if it's possible to get from Krabi to Kanchanaburi without going to Bangkok. Any ideas? Failing which, assuming I catch a bus for Krabi-Surat Thani or Trang, to catch a train an overnight train to Bangkok— what is the easiest and quickest way to get from Hualamphong to that inconveniently located Southern Bus Terminal? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,470 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/2/2007 at 09:32

Form of money???

Posted by Shitbricks on 20/2/2007 at 18:01

Hey we are going to be traveling Thailand, Vietnam. Laos, and Cambodia for about 3.5 months. We dont have any credit cards and were wondering what is the best way to carry money? Are travellers cheques widely accepted? Otherwise could anybody suggest a credit institution with good rates for a first time carrier? thanks guys ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,620 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Shitbricks on 22/2/2007 at 18:19

Blue sky bungalows Koh Lanta

Posted by Benny on 21/2/2007 at 19:49

Does anyone have the contact details of Blue Sky bungalows in Koh lanta please? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,516 times, with no replies.

sea kayak/canoe trips

Posted by nigatu on 7/2/2007 at 21:11

hello i've done some i-net browsing on the above mentioned topic and the advertised prices seem quite high. are there any "budget" options? would you recommend the phang-nga bay or krabi area? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,242 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 21/2/2007 at 02:25

food on the overnight train to Trang

Posted by sologirl on 10/2/2007 at 09:32

Hi, I"m taking the overnight train from BKK on the 17th to Trang and wondered if I should be stocking up on snacks & meals etc. One hears so many horror stories about the quality of train food (to be avoided at all costs...) I'm not sure how much of a lead time I'll have to go shopping. I arrive into BKK from CM at 12:55 and have till 18:20 to get across town to the train station. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,021 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 21/2/2007 at 02:11

From Chiang Mai to Chiang Dao

Posted by Mia on 21/1/2007 at 00:24

Hello there, greetings. I will be arriving in Chiang Mai late January, staying for one week. My agenda is to visit the Karens hill tribe/some small trekking activity in this trip and take it easy in Chiang Mai. I am considering going to Chiang Dao, staying at the ChiangDao Nest 1. I got some useful information from here, about using the public transport to reach Chiang Dao and so on. I also saw on the website of the 'resort', the tours they offer. My question is - Since there are so many ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,402 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 21/2/2007 at 02:03

Just to introduce myself and to talk about Northern Thailand where we live...

Posted by globalgypsy on 12/11/2006 at 11:33

Hi, My Name is Kurt. My wife and I, Mon live in Chiang Dao Thailand. Even though we run a Restaurant and Guesthouse in Chiang Dao, I am more than willing to share my experiences about other towns and areas in Northern Thailand, too. I have been living in Thailand for about 6 years now. Born in Germany and have lived in Canada from 1975 - 2000. We do a lot of travelling, both in Thailand and other places. I have lived in Mexico, travelled to Guadamala and Belize and travelled most of Eur ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,552 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by globalgypsy on 20/2/2007 at 14:47

2 weeks in Thailand

Posted by Kazzer00 on 16/2/2007 at 23:41

Hi all, We're travelling to Thailand for 2 weeks. Hoping to go to Phi Phi for a 4-5 and then over to Ko Samui for a couple of days and about 5-6 days in Ko Tao. Looking for a relaxing-ish holiday but we are unable to go for more than 2 weeks. Should we leave out Phi Phi and go to the islands on the East side instead? Or is 2 weeks enough. Don't want to go home feeling exhausted from cramming things in. Any advice greatly appreciated! Kaz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,701 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/2/2007 at 06:45

Bed Bugs

Posted by tati53 on 18/2/2007 at 15:19

I'm leaving to SE Asia in a few days and know that I will run into bed bugs somewhere along the way. Is there any way to prevent them from biting? They seem very resistant to any normal bug spray/DEET product. If I cover the hostel/guesthouse bed (mattress and sheets) in large, plastic garbage bags and sleep in my silk sleep sack will I be safer? Are the bugs able to climb the slick plastic? Yeah, I know I sound crazy, but any advice you could provide would be most appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,943 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tati53 on 19/2/2007 at 10:48

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page