Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Paradise in Southern Thailand

Posted by merrylg on 12/2/2007 at 01:59

My husband and I stayed at the Haadson Resort in Khao Lak Thailand for a week over christmas 2007 and had a wonderful time (Island Villa). (This small resport is not currently in the recommended list for Khao Lak, but it should be...perhaps it's too new?) The resort has fully recovered from the tsunami, is very nicely designed in a modern clean asthetic that conveys warmth and luxury, and is nicely situated in a coconut plantation, within a lagoon. The location is very quiet and secluded aside ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,631 times, with no replies.

Klong Muang accomodation

Posted by sugarplum on 9/2/2007 at 20:42

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay here, or somewhere not too far from here, that isn't too expensive? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,834 times, with no replies.

Can I get more informations of Koh Kho Khao?

Posted by wailing1 on 9/2/2007 at 02:59

I read the informations posted in travel fish travel info, it seems not really help. Can someone tell me more about this island and the interested places which are near. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,324 times, with no replies.

Traveled around Thailand in Jan. '07; my blog may help you

Posted by callas4rfb on 8/2/2007 at 00:11

Hi there. I spent three weeks in Thailand in January '07 and made an extensive blog out of it. There's mucho links to help those of you in the planning stages. We were in Bangkok, Chiang Mai (got engaged on an elephant in the jungle!), Koh Samui, Koh Tao, Railay and Phuket. Happy travels! The blog's at: If that doesn't work, look for the 1/28/2007 post at: ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,994 times, with no replies.

Towels in guesthouses?

Posted by AndreaGS on 7/2/2007 at 07:02

Do most of the guesthouses and hotels in Thailand provide towels? My boyfriend and I are in the process of packing, and both of us are wondering whether or not we should pack a towel. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,990 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by AndreaGS on 8/2/2007 at 00:05

Lamai beach resorts

Posted by newbie419 on 5/2/2007 at 21:19

Hey all... I'm travelling to Koh Samui for 8 days in August and staying at Maenamburi in Maenam for 4 and Lamai for 4. Right now its between SandSea resort and Lamai Wanta. I already have a deposit (non refundable) at SandSea, but reviews of Lamai Wanta are spectacular and I'm considering jumping ship and losing my deposit. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advise on the matter?? SandSea looks like a fun pool/bar area... does anyone know if Wanta has a bar by the pool? We are a married ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,546 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by newbie419 on 7/2/2007 at 19:47

Don Muang to reopen

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/1/2007 at 05:04

The Nation reports that Thailand’s Transport Ministry has decided to allow non-connecting domestic flights to use Don Muang airport. It said it would take between 45 day and 60 days to prepare Don Muang to accept flights and international flights will continue to use Suvarnabhumi Airport. No word on intra-airport transfers — we assume they'll be some form of bus service. Some domestic flights will continue to fly from Suvannabhumi -- particularly THAI flights to Phuket and Chiang Mai. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,912 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 7/2/2007 at 08:40

Limestone Lake Tours

Posted by Laura_B on 7/2/2007 at 05:07

I'm thinking of booking a trip to Khao Sok National Park with Limestone Lake Tours. Has anyone used them at all? Any good? I usually prefer doing things independently, but the place I want to stay at (Arts Riverview Lodge) is very popular and I haven't been able to contact anyone to make a booking. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,429 times, with no replies.

bangkok airport to bus station connection time

Posted by charterboy22 on 3/2/2007 at 21:43

Hey, I am trying to land in bangkok a little after 4 and make it to the southern bus station in time for a bus south to krabi, trang, phuket etc. which at the latest leave at 7. So first, I am wondering if we will have enough time to make it to the bus station and second if these buses are so incredibly popular that their will be no seats left by the time we get there. We will be going on a saturday night. Any advice anyone has for this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,828 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by exacto on 7/2/2007 at 03:59

Kamala Beach

Posted by ulf on 8/12/2006 at 15:16

I need to go to Kamala Beach in the end of February. If I could, I wouldn't... I need suggestions of cheap living there. 7-800 Bath/night. Any ideas? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,109 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ulf on 7/2/2007 at 03:04

Posted by Mia on 7/2/2007 at 01:32

Hello, I was in Krabi, stayed on Railey 6 years ago. I understand alot has changed. i would be arriving at Krabi on the morning of 18 Jan 2007. Heading to Railey or Ao Nang, then move on to Phi Phi and then to Koh Lantan depending on the time we have. Besides diving, climbing and lazing on the beaches, we would also like a little party time. A friend suggested staying on Ao Nang and go to Railey in the day to enjoy the beach and back to Ao Nang in the evening for the life and action. I have ne ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,511 times, with no replies.

To buy or not to buy?

Posted by ohaileagain on 2/2/2007 at 22:36

Hi, I want to get a digital camera for my travels & was wondering whether or not i should wait until i get to Bangkok to buy it or get it in the UK. In summary: - Will it be cheaper to buy it in Bangkok? & - Will they have the type i want (Cybershot 10.1 mga pixel) Many Thanks Peter. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,738 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ohaileagain on 6/2/2007 at 17:19

Tides in Phuket Phi Phi

Posted by MrMidrange on 6/2/2007 at 06:30

HI I found the following link goving tide info for phuket I need some help reading it Does ayone know in metres is considered to be to low for swimming or when people say the tide was out and the beach was no good for swimming what in metres approx they would be talking out ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,222 times, with no replies.

Ban Phe.. have to stay in vicinity but where does anyone recommend?

Posted by roothc on 11/12/2006 at 05:50

Hi My son is doing a TEFL course in Ban phe in Jan. We are travelling out and want to spend time with him (and his thai wife and new baby!)but do not much like the sound of ban phe. need to be within easy access of Pine Beaches hotel but has anyone any suggestions? As it is also our holiday we would like to stay somewhere fairly relaxing , beach etc. Mid range prices. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,586 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by roothc on 5/2/2007 at 03:32

Seeking info about overland travel from Phuket to Malaysia

Posted by HKDjaw on 28/1/2007 at 15:02

I am now in Phuket and plan to carry on my trip to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. I know there is a train from Surrathani to Malaysia. Do you have any details (frequency, time, cost)? Or is there any other overland ways to get there? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,608 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tails101 on 5/2/2007 at 01:02

Staying in Trang

Posted by roverinexile on 4/2/2007 at 15:39

Currently in Koh Lanta, moving on to Koh Jum, and thinking of stopping off in the town of Trang for the night, on the way to the Malaysian border. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations/experiences? Or alternative suggestions for places to stay? Finally, are there any web-sites as good as this out there, but covering Malaysia? Thanks, rich ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,176 times, with no replies.

Ko Samui, Ko Tao, Ko Pha Ngan

Posted by saritac on 3/2/2007 at 17:59

Hello, We are on a world trip and 2 of our friends are joining us in Thailand for 2 weeks holiday. For ease I was thinking of going to the above 3 islands. Ko Samui as they can get there fast from BKK, Ko Pha Ngan as there sems lots to do and Ko Tao for diving. We are looking for nice budget places with nice beaches and some night life, but nothing crazy, some nice resturants and bars. Also some nice places for massage, a cooking course, some trekking and some culture. Can anyone suggest ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,165 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wayne on 4/2/2007 at 15:30

Koh Wai Paradise Contact Info - Update for Somtam

Posted by Tilapia on 3/2/2007 at 21:40

A note regarding the contact number for Koh Wai. The numbers listed in the section for Koh Wai Paradise are not correct. If one wishes to contact the resort itself to make a reservation, or inquire about availability, or to just have a friendly chin-wag, the contact person and number are ... Mr. Bert, 081-2686157 Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,042 times, with no replies.

Koh Kho Khao snorkelling?

Posted by wailing1 on 3/2/2007 at 16:08

Is koh kho khao a good place for relaxation? Is it beautiful both the island and underwater? If I stay in Koh Kho Khao Resort, can I have good quality snorkelling just off beach after my breadfast. If I don't stay in the resort for my dinner, is it difficult to find a place/ local resterants? How is the water quality and the sand is soft and white? Please let me know more about the place if you stay there before or visit before. Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,199 times, with no replies.

Anyone stay at Kamala Coco Hut recently? (Kamala Beach, Phuket)

Posted by calypso218 on 1/2/2007 at 14:19

Hi everyone, I just came across a pretty negative review about this place on the web ( and it worries me a bit. I just booked a bungalow there based on the positive review it got on this site (and due to the fact that all of my other choices were fully booked). Has anyone stayed there recently? As a solo female traveller, do I really have to worry about people spying when I'm on the loo? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,240 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by jashuang99 on 3/2/2007 at 06:56

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page