Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Airport to Kanchanaburi

Posted by davidwise on 15/1/2007 at 00:07

hello, i'd like to travel from the airport to kanchanaburi, anybody know what bus number is it to get to morchit station? i guess thats the easiest way, then bus on from there? i've tried to find out from the airport website but no joy. thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,423 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/1/2007 at 11:03

Staying overnight at Suvarnabhumi Airport?

Posted by prairieox on 2/1/2007 at 11:32

hi there, we have a flight that arrives in Bangkok at 10:30 pm, and a flight out the next day at 6:45 am. Does anyone know if we can stay overnight (i.e. sleep on chairs or something) at the airport, or if we will be forced to move out into a hotel? Thanks!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,399 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by candylotus on 14/1/2007 at 08:30

Guest houses in Chiang Mai

Posted by meeshr on 12/1/2007 at 18:56

Hi there I will be in Chiang Mai throughout April, to do a massage course at the Susnhine Massage School, which is on 159/2 kaew nawarat Soi 4 - has anyone been there? Also, I am currently looking for guesthouses accomm for about 3 weeks near the school or one that can be recommended. I have looked at Pun Pun Guest House and Hollanda Montri Guest House - are these any good? I would appreciate any help or advice about this. Best wishes meesh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,269 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rayc101 on 13/1/2007 at 09:57

Need advance booking on Ko Lipe?

Posted by leewash on 12/1/2007 at 13:20

We are in Thailand until early Feb and have travel reservations to get to KoLipe for a week at the end of this month. Am a bit tired of planning every step of our journey. Will we need advance reservations for a week stay on Ko Lipe? Would like to have a somewhat comfy place with at least a fan and maybe a/c. Tried Lipe Resort, but such a hassle to wire payment up front. Ideas? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,755 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/1/2007 at 07:19

Electronics / ipod

Posted by ValenciaPilgrim on 5/1/2007 at 20:43

I am really clueless about the whole power / voltage issue! the FAQ said "bring a universal adaptor" because the plugs in Thailand are not standardized. Do I need to use a UA if the plug has three prongs and my appliance only has 2? What do I do if I have an appliance that doesn't go up to 220V? Also, getting very specific, how does everyone charge their ipods in Thailand? Do you have to bum a charge off someone with a laptop, or do you have an AC adaptor that works in Thailand? If so, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,781 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by skinnylatte on 11/1/2007 at 20:51

Help needed for places to stay on Koh Lanta

Posted by swenglishdan on 10/1/2007 at 21:47

Help! Any recommendations on places to stay on Koh Lanta? Would if possible like to spend around the 300-400baht region. I know it might be a long shot. As long as the rooms are clean they can be as basic as they come. In Krabbi at the moment, will be leaving in a day or so..... Any recommendations would be lovely! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,603 times, with no replies.

Hiking Footwear for Northern Thailand

Posted by mbryant on 9/1/2007 at 18:28

Hi, Given the dry season at the moment, is it necessary to have water-proof footwear for short treks (few days) in Northern Thailand? Thanks very much for your help, mbryant ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,708 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/1/2007 at 12:52

KOH CHANG HELP

Posted by asimmr on 7/1/2007 at 00:14

1- We are couple and intend to visit KOH CHANG and its our first time, which beach you prefer us to stay. Because we confuse to read there are many beaches in KOH CHANG. Our intrest is the beach is clean and not so much quite, and near to facilities like resturant or 7-11 2- We need a budget hotel/banglow/hut (FAN) and it will be so nice if its not more than 500-600Bhat with bath inside room, any recomendation near beach adn nice area 3- We plan to visit in february ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,392 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by russellb on 7/1/2007 at 14:13

Honeymoon planning....

Posted by Sparkle on 5/1/2007 at 23:08

We're marrying in April, and are now planning our honeymoon - to be approx 3 wks, starting from about 21st April. I know about the New Year celebrations and will book as soon as we have decided where... which is where you wonderful guys come in. We are debating a package vs DIY travel.... flights from UK no problem, but I'm wondering about the internal travel, and how easy it is to organise it all. Our idea is: Bangkok - maybe 4 nights ( I think from reading thru messages is enough) Chiang ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,573 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Sparkle on 6/1/2007 at 17:06

Money Changing - Yen

Posted by ValenciaPilgrim on 5/1/2007 at 20:47

Does anyone know how much of a pain it is to get Yen changed in Thailand? I know US $ are the easiest... I plan to change a decent amount of money at the airport, but I might need more later... Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,715 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 6/1/2007 at 09:53

Clothing for females

Posted by ValenciaPilgrim on 4/1/2007 at 11:38

Hello! I would like some detailed info about clothing, please. I am planning a one week trip, and I don't want to carry much with me! I plan to visit many temples in Bangkok, and I don't want to offend. Are tank tops inappropriate? How about shirts with just a hint of a sleeve (I think it's called a cap sleeve)? How about long (almost to the knee or just past) shorts on women? Also, how long do skirts have to be to be appropriate for temples and / or other tourism? Finally - shoes. I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,947 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by bunny on 6/1/2007 at 06:45

Need Idea When We Are in Patpong Area

Posted by mukapecah8 on 5/1/2007 at 01:39

Hello, Read from the net telling us many stories about Patpong.Some love it and many are not ...especially regarding with touts, drag ppl money out - major threat while in Patpong. However, I am planning to experience it myself to see this nightlife area. I plan to go there just by myself alone, as i travel alone. So any recommendation from all of you...the way/trick/guide that can help me or the rest who are 'JUST' want to see (ping-pong) it WITHOUT doing more extra mile (rent a girl, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,784 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by 4015c on 5/1/2007 at 02:26

Andaman Snorkeling away from Phi Phi/Phuket?

Posted by MichelleMood on 2/1/2007 at 13:27

I am having the damnedest time getting information on snorkeling in the Andaman Sea away from the biggest tourist areas (Phuket; Phi Phi). I really really need islands that have snorkeling right on the beaches NOT JUST snokeling via boat trips. Is it TRUE that Racha Yai and Ko Yao Yai and Lanta Yai have off-shore snorkeling that we can just swim to from the beach? This is crucial since it's the only easy way to snorkel while caring for our kids -- one parent takes off and snorkels for 30-60 m ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,731 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Laura_B on 4/1/2007 at 22:15

2 Week Tour; Chiang Mai, Hoi An & Thai islands

Posted by beckyflood81 on 4/1/2007 at 14:38

Hello, I'm probably being really cheeky here, but I am planning a 2 week holiday with a friend and any help or suggestions about anything/everything would be very gratefully received. Ideally, we want to do a 1 day trek (really just want to have elephant ride and have a go at bamboo rafting) in Chiang Mai, spend 3 or 4 days in Hoi An to give the fantastic tailors some work (!) and then have 5 or 6 days to relax in one of the Thai islands. We are planning to arrive in Bangkok during the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,389 times, with no replies.

new airport help

Posted by alisonmilliken on 3/1/2007 at 17:30

Hi, We are travelling to Thailand next week and staying along Sukhumvit Soi 4 (woraburi Hotel) the first night before we fly south to the beach. While I used to live in Thailand and was au fait with the travel times to and from Don Muang Airport, I am not sure about the new one. Any hints about timing the airport taxi journey? Plane leaves (9:45 am) I should probably factor in crazy ruish hour traffic... ALISON ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,290 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 4/1/2007 at 12:40

Thung Yi Beach

Posted by davidwise on 4/1/2007 at 04:30

Hi, I've read/heard that Thung Yi Beach, just south of Khanom/north of Nakhon Si, is quite special for a spot of peaceful camping. Does anybody have advice on getting there, and also, do i need a tent (i'd rather not use one but maybe i'll need one because of weather/mossies/people?)? I'm going to be there in mid March. Also, has anybody been there recently? I've only heard reports from a few years ago. If theres any other places in the vicinity worth a look, I'd appreciate knowing about them. T ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,721 times, with no replies.

Help with Chiang Mai

Posted by stejill on 19/12/2006 at 15:38

Hi all, first time visitors to Chiang Mai looking for help/advice. 1 Are there any atm machines at the airport? 2 can anyone suggest an itinerary for 3/4 days, we were thinking of a cookery class also would like to see the elephant conservation centre, wouldalsomaybe like to see some Thai boxing. 3 What is the best way to get around, should we hire a motor scooter? Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,495 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by shakester on 4/1/2007 at 00:29

6 Days Vacation - Bangkok to Siem Reap

Posted by mukapecah8 on 3/1/2007 at 02:56

Hi everybody, I just got an approved vacation, did a quick study on my gonna short trip, so I take this opportunity to come and see Bangkok & Siem Reap. However I had only 6 days. So base from it; my plan roughly gonna be like this:--- Day 1: Bangkok (arrive early in the morning) Day 2: Bangkok Day 3: Transverse - Bangkok to Siem Reap (through Poipet border) Day 4: Siem Reap Day 5: Siem Reap Day 6: Siem Reap; by afternoon - return home So I need you guys' expertise/experiences h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,408 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mukapecah8 on 3/1/2007 at 20:03

quick trips from BKK

Posted by alisonmilliken on 11/12/2006 at 17:21

We are travelling in Thailand early Jan 2007. We will have about 5-6 nights around BKK visiting friends, but we would like to go somewhere we haven't been yet that is an easy trip (3-4hrs) from Bkk. We have been to Kanchnaburi and Ayuttaya many times, and to Ko Samet a lot. We want something different to a beach trip (we will have been to Krabi already). Maybe cool temples. I was thinking of Lopburi but is there are better option? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,717 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 3/1/2007 at 17:35

CHATUCHAK WEEKEND MARKET - BANGKOK

Posted by paulascott on 23/12/2006 at 12:26

Hi All, Hoping that some of you can shed some light for me. I have read somewhere that the weekend market is open on Friday afternoon also (wholesale), small retailers welcome. Can anyone tell me what its like on a Friday afternoon? I am supposed to be flying out of Bangkok on a Saturday - heading for Phuket - so unless I make my flight to leave at 7.00 pm. can't do the markets on the Saturday. (Also have 2 kids in tow) Friday would suit heaps better - if it's still fantastic & fu ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,521 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 3/1/2007 at 17:24

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page