Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Phi Phi September

Posted by charlottehessey on 23/8/2006 at 21:31

Is Ko Phi Phi recommended in September? anybody been? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,823 times, with 1 reply.

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Chang Mai or Chang Rai

Posted by charlottehessey on 23/8/2006 at 21:32

which is better? what is there to do in Change Mai exactly? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,474 times, with 2 replies.

Ko Samet

Posted by karyn on 20/8/2006 at 21:06

Hello...I am currently enjoying Kanchanaburi and will definitely share some ideas later. Due to rain and more rain on Ko Samui last week, I would like to try an island again and was thinking Ko Samet this time. Thanks for the bus info. I was wondering if you could recommend places to stay on the island, which I didn't see...sunset would be great. I was also wondering, is there snorkeling there with or without taking a boat out? Thanks! Also, this site has continued to a great help while out and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,642 times, with 3 replies.

1st time traveller

Posted by mctoddyg on 21/8/2006 at 22:46

i am travelling alone for the 1st time in september to Thailand, going pretty much in the dark. Is it possible to just fly and find hostels to stay in on arrival etc i am probably under prepared but any information would be much appreciated.. ta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,288 times, with 2 replies.

Kanchanburi Cooking School?

Posted by cheapswill on 22/8/2006 at 12:33

I'm heading to Thailand in September and I intend to spend a few days hanging out on the River Kwai. Does anybody know a good cooking class I could take in Kanchanburi? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,270 times, with no replies.

Hualumpong train station Vs. Bangkok Airport for storage?

Posted by translasian on 21/8/2006 at 20:42

Looking to store some baggage for a month in bangkok. Wondering wich is the better option. Ive heard the train station is cheaper but my main concern is security. Or...perhaps there is a better, more secure option that Im not aware of...Any experienced bangkok baggage storers? Im looking to store a suitcase and guitar. any info would help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,314 times, with no replies.

ko samui in September

Posted by charlottehessey on 18/8/2006 at 19:27

What is the weather like there in Sep? is it the best island to go to or am i going to be soaked??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,952 times, with 4 replies.

Wanted: A white beach for Christmas

Posted by Helen78 on 15/8/2006 at 20:18

I’d like to hear your recommendations for a beach resort over the Christmas period for myself and my boyfriend. What we’d like: A white sandy beach A nice wooden bungalow with private bathroom A swimming pool A massage Access to a couple of good restaurants The chance to try snorkelling/diving Somewhere that’s reasonably quiet …and all for no more than 4000baht a night. Yes, I realise we’re asking a lot, especially in peak season, but any recommendations would be greatl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,524 times, with 2 replies.

Phuket to Bangkok

Posted by tuckere on 20/8/2006 at 10:50

Is it easier/quicker to get a bus from Phuket to Bangkok, or a train from Phuket to Surat Thani then a train to Bangkok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,079 times, with 1 reply.

Aranya Pratet to Trat and Ko Chang to Ko Khud

Posted by rogerlees on 20/8/2006 at 02:26

How easy is it to get from Aranya Pratet to Trat by bus/taxi and what is the time and cost also does anyone know if boats are going to ko Khud in August from Ko chang (low season) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,161 times, with 1 reply.

best affordable beachhut in ko samui

Posted by charlottehessey on 18/8/2006 at 19:28

what woudl you recommend if i want somewhere not too hectic but near enough to the nightlife? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,617 times, with 2 replies.

Need a place to stay!!!!

Posted by tuckere on 18/8/2006 at 09:20

Hi, I arrive in Bangkok from Australia around midnight, were is somewhere close by and cheap that will have rooms avaliable rather than booking ahead?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,044 times, with 1 reply.

accomodation in Ko Chang

Posted by charlottehessey on 18/8/2006 at 19:35

Where would you recommend? don't want to pay more than £8. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,588 times, with no replies.

Anyone stayed at Countryside Guesthouse in Pai???

Posted by nanagrant on 18/8/2006 at 15:03

I was thinking of staying at the Countryside Guesthouse when I go to Pai. I'm just concerned if their bathrooms are clean. What type of bathroom do they have? Anyone has good experience there? How long is the wlk from Pai town to this guesthouse? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,926 times, with no replies.

Advice for accomadation in khao lak

Posted by RandC on 18/8/2006 at 13:31

Great website. I found it by chance and really like the e-fish facility! We're looking for somewhere to stay in Khao Lak for the end of November, begining of December. We liked the look of the Paradise and the review travelfish gave it but were just concerned that there maybe a lot of construction as the resort next door (Wanaburee) is rebuilding. Also it's not clear if the Paradise is completely open (one website said it wasn't until December) which made me concerned that there might ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,159 times, with no replies.

BBK tap water and hilltribe trekking

Posted by sologirl on 18/8/2006 at 00:30

Sorry if the question seems silly... Is it safe to brush my teeth with BBK tap water? I read a guidebook that said the water was "technically" safe. Hmm.... Doesn't instill alot of confidence. Don't mind having to use bottled water but would like to have an insider view on the subject. Am also considering taking one of the 2/3 day hillside treks which asks that you be reasonably fit. So what does that really mean? I ride my bike to work everyday, climb alot of stairs in the course of my ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,073 times, with 3 replies.

booking travel - bus and travel

Posted by calitraveler on 25/7/2006 at 11:57

i'm planning to take the overnight train from bangkok to chiang mai in aug - how far in advance do i have to book this? can i do it the same day, or literally, 30 minutes before the train leaves, or the day before? i'm assuming since it'll the low season, i should be okay to book the same day? and what's the best way to book my train or bus: going to the train station or bus station, or going through a booking agent there? and where do i find a booking agent if i'm not staying at a hostel b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,558 times, with 11 replies.

bus: chiang mai to Pai & back

Posted by calitraveler on 8/8/2006 at 23:01

hi, does anyone know the bus schedule from chiang mai to pai? and the return? thx. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,611 times, with 5 replies.

transport from surin to trat (koh Chang)

Posted by miriamschutte on 11/8/2006 at 20:02

Hi, I would like to visit Koh Chang. How do I get there (bus, Train) from surin. Do I first have to go back to BKK. Thanks miriam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,702 times, with 5 replies.

khunmet

Posted by khunmet on 17/8/2006 at 12:17

G'day from downunder, have a querie regards reasonably cheap to mid range accomodation around the Roi Et, Kaset Wisai area of Issan? (200-500bt.) Guesthouses are fine, dont need air-conditioning and all that. Does anybody have a hint or two? Dont like big hotels, of which there is one in Roi Et. Thanks K. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,437 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page