Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Kamphaeng Phet to Kanchaburi

Posted by robbo on 15/8/2006 at 21:03

Is the best way to get to Kanchaburi from Kamphaeng Phet is by bus to Suphanaburi then change for Kanchanaburi ? Is there a direct bus service ? Or by train from Phitsanulok south then a bus. Thanks for any advice. Terrific site. Has been very helpfull in planning our trip to Laos/Thailand. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,115 times, with 1 reply.

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Bangkok to Surat Thani - key things to see along the way?

Posted by stephwigz on 9/8/2006 at 19:57

Hi there, I'm a pretty inexperienced traveller and haven't really done a lot that hasn't been with tours, etc. I am planning a trip to Thailand starting November 30th this year. I will be there for a month, and I've been having some initial confusion over routes to take. I am flying in to Bangkok and plan to spend a couple of days there first. The north doesn't really interest me hugely (at this stage anyway) and was wanting to do more of an island hopping thing. I'm pretty flexible as to whe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,302 times, with 3 replies.

Question About Chiang Mai

Posted by John1811 on 12/8/2006 at 02:14

First off, I have used a lot of the great information on this board for planning my upcoming trip to Thailand in September. So thanks to everyone for all the great info. My question is this. My wife and are planning to spend 3-4 days in Chiang Mai primarily because we hear eveyone say that Chiang Mai is definitely worth the stop. That being said, the common things that I hear being recommended are Hill Tribe Treks, Cooking Classes, and Shopping. I am wondering if there are any other thing ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,249 times, with 7 replies.

thailand in december

Posted by lc60 on 14/8/2006 at 12:04

Hi, I'm travelling to Thailand in December with my 14 year old daughter for 4 weeks ... we're both really looking forward to having this trip together! I've been reading the many wonderful posts on this site for days now, trying to decide how to best spend our time. It's been really helpful! I do have some questions I'm hoping some kind soul can help me with - We'd like to spend just a few days in Bangkok, then head to the Kanchanaburi area, to Chiang Mai as a base for a bit, and to t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,131 times, with 2 replies.

Chiang Mai

Posted by tuckere on 10/8/2006 at 06:04

Hi Everyone, I'm heading to Thailand for 3.5 weeks in Nov. Hoping to get to alot of islands, to Surin and then to Cambodia. Just wondering if it's worth making the time to get up to Chiang Mai? And if so, how long would you suggest staying there for? Cheers, Erin. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,008 times, with 1 reply.

Koh Chang - HELP!

Posted by slave2dafunk on 9/8/2006 at 23:00

My bro and I are planning a trip to Koh Chang (we think!) for the first week of October. We've both been to other beaches/islands around Thailand and are trying to go somewhere new. Any advice about places to stay in Koh Chang. A lot of the accomodation I'm looking at is way out of my price range (I work in Thailand...). Basically looking for something decent but cheap. Also what about snorkelling on Koh Chang? Any advice would be more than welcome. Thanks!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,468 times, with 2 replies.

Koh Phayam? Stupid at this time of year??

Posted by saskpacker on 10/8/2006 at 10:48

Hey all, we're in Koh Samui and the weather is gorgeous. We're heading for Koh Sok National Park right now and thinking about going over to Ranong and then Koh Phayam....but weather reports say nothing but bad. Just wondering if anybody has been there recently and knows if the rain is constant or if it breaks much. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,240 times, with no replies.

Ko Yao Noi and Ko Yao Yai, the Thai islands you've been looking for

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/8/2006 at 21:02

When our researcher handed in his notes for Ko Yao Noi and Ko Yao Yai one of the first things he said was "You've got to tell people to go there -- it's incredible -- the highlight of this trip..." So, if you're interested in a couple of great islands, you may want to check out our new feature story on Ko Yao Noi and Ko Yao Yai... there's lots of places to stay, they're easy to reach (from Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga) and most travellers have never heard of them... Detailed coverage via th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,828 times, with no replies.

Suits and Jeans

Posted by staceandpagie on 9/8/2006 at 20:03

Hi I was wondering where the best place to get a suit made would be and the price i should expect to pay. Also my sister went a year or so ago and said there was a lot of places to buy Diesel and other brands of clothing. Are these originals or knock offs. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,540 times, with 1 reply.

Muay Thai on Koh Chang?

Posted by nicnac on 8/8/2006 at 21:09

Does anyone know if there is a Muay Thai (Thai boxing) school on Koh Chang? If so, what is it like, where is it etc? Can't find any info on the web. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,586 times, with 2 replies.

koh chang - weather and babies

Posted by zacmum on 9/8/2006 at 15:26

Does anyone know what the weather may be like on Koh Chang in late August? I had visions of hot sunny days but read somewhere that it may be monsoon. Also, does anyone have any top tips for travelling to Koh Chang with a 10 month old baby? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,104 times, with 1 reply.

Air Asia

Posted by KerryH on 21/7/2006 at 21:41

Hi I have found some great deals on flights with Air Asia from Bangkok to Krabi but have never used them. Can anyone advise if they are a good? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,182 times, with 4 replies.

Bus/Train Travel from Bangkok to Vientaine

Posted by jadw on 8/8/2006 at 02:57

Does anyone know if there's a direct bus from Bangkok to Vientaine via the Thai-Laos Friendship Bridge, as well as the schedule and cost? Also, would anyone know the bus schedule and cost from Nong Khai to Vientaine? Would anyone suggest which mode of transportation is better, train or the bus? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,916 times, with 5 replies.

Phnom Phenh - Koh Chang - Bangkok?

Posted by sackonmyback on 8/8/2006 at 06:40

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the fastest/quickest way to get from Phnom Penh to Koh Chang please? Then from Koh Chang back to Bangkok? Travelling at the end of Sept/beginning of October. Thanks heaps!! Lisa :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,951 times, with 3 replies.

Thanks, and an odd bit of advice.

Posted by tokyobelle on 7/8/2006 at 23:42

Hi everyone! Just got back a few days ago and thought I would take a break from editing and captioning my photos to thank everyone for the very helpful information that I received here. I'm trying to go back and add any helpful information to previous topics now. But, if you're a woman who happens to be-for lack of a better term- top heavy, you may want to consider dressing even more conservatively. I was never what you could call scantily dressed, but was usually in a plain old gap t-shir ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,494 times, with 1 reply.

A very Un Travelfish question

Posted by blurredphoto on 7/8/2006 at 07:28

Hi gang.. I have a question that may not be seen much here on this site... I need the name of a decent Spa. It is for my mother and her fiance. They will be visiting me around the new year in Bangkok and I'd love to treat them. I am looking for a nice place that offers all of those weird services like hot stones and all of that pseudo medical blagg. I'm not looking to send my poor mother to a 200b/hour shop where she may be molested........ I'd love to send them to the Spa at the Oriental, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,487 times, with 1 reply.

Living in BKK

Posted by AA on 2/8/2006 at 21:18

Will be living in BKK from sepetember, need a home. Where's the best area to live? 70,000bht a month. Cheers AA. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,496 times, with 4 replies.

The fastest way to get to Udon Thani from Vientiane

Posted by googookevin on 7/8/2006 at 19:51

I'm in Vientiane right now. I'll fly out Udon Thani on 9th Aug. I am wondering what the best and fast way to travel from Vientiane to Udon Thani. Is there any direct bus sevice? I've heard about THAI Air has that service. Or should I follow the traditional way: take Thai-Lao Bus and then take bus from Nong khai to Udon Thani? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,384 times, with 1 reply.

Buying a mosquito net

Posted by ComingtoThailand on 3/8/2006 at 11:24

We are going to Thailand in a week and have never bought a mosquito net before. Can we get one at any camping store (like REI)? If so, what exactly do they look like? (Sorry if that's a stupid question). We looked online and are unsure of what exactly we should be looking for. Is it something that covers over the entire bed, or just that covers over our body? Finally, approximately what cost should we expect to pay in the U.S.? Thanks to all of you in advance for your help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,390 times, with 8 replies.

reading glasses

Posted by calitraveler on 30/7/2006 at 01:02

what's the best way to find a store to buy a pair of reading glasses in bangkok? i'm assuming that they're cheaper there than here in the states?? i have really bad eye sight w/ a slight astigmatism, so would try to get them as thin as possible. any idea of the turn around time and cost? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,119 times, with 2 replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page