Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

BKK airport - time between flights?!

Posted by mary77 on 26/7/2006 at 14:51

We are planning to fly from Koh Samui to BB the same day as our flight goes back to SIN. The domestic and the international airport areclose to each other, right? Can anyone make a guess on how much time we will need between landing from Samui till take off to SIN? will 3h be enough? Thanks! Btw, great homepage! Cheers, Marion ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,280 times, with 1 reply.

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

mosquito net

Posted by calitraveler on 25/7/2006 at 11:46

i'm hearing mixed things about whether to bring a mosquito net or not.. i'm planning stay in places a notch up from a hostel..and i'm going in mid-august to bangkok, chiang mai, pai and then koh tao. thx! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,698 times, with 4 replies.

dress code

Posted by calitraveler on 25/7/2006 at 11:17

i've read that when traveling to thailand, females shouldn't wear tank tops or shorts unless they at the beaches. however, in bangkok thais are tolerant of foreigners wearing tank tops and shorts . is this true? my cousin said that she saw plenty of travelers wearing tank tops and shorts on their trek in chiang mai and while visiting bangkok. can you please comment on what is appropriate for females? i'm attempted to wear tank tops and shorts (not too short, but not too long) while in ba ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,054 times, with 5 replies.

How long to spend in Chiang Mai?

Posted by sackonmyback on 25/7/2006 at 07:09

Hi guys - quick question....how long do you reckon we will need in Chaing Mai. Taking the overnight train from Bangkok. Dont have a hell of a lot of time unfortunately to play with - was planning on 2 full days to take in the sights. Not planning on doing a trek....Doi Suthep, shopping and a trip to waterfalls?? What do you think? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,680 times, with 1 reply.

Money

Posted by lizzymac on 4/7/2006 at 21:10

How accessible are ATMs in Thailand, including the smaller islands? I will be travelling to Bangkok, Samui, Pangnang and Tao and need to know whether I will be able to draw money out of ATMs or whether I should stick with travellers cheques? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,209 times, with 7 replies.

which one Ko Lanta or Ko Chang?

Posted by robbo on 24/7/2006 at 17:30

We are 60 and want to do basic snorkel. beach forest holiday. Own bathroom and fan. which is best please ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,331 times, with 2 replies.

Help - Chaweng Beach Accommodation

Posted by veron on 23/7/2006 at 23:14

We tried to book a room with asiarooms.com at Baan Chaweng Beach Resort since July 20 for 3 nights (check-in on Jul 25 and check out on Jul 28). We waited the obligatory 48 hours and have been enquiring by email 2 to 3 times a day for updates. Each time I enquired, asiarooms would reply back apologizing for the delay but they have contacted the hotel and they will reply shortly. Finally, we called asiarooms and the lady said they will reply withing 12 hours for sure as it is midnight in Samui ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,775 times, with 2 replies.

Travel from Chiangmai to Bangkok

Posted by DShan on 20/7/2006 at 09:33

Hi Bus or train for such travel? And how much would it cost for bus or train? Also, is it better to buy the tickets from the guesthouses or from the bus station? p/s: Anyone tried Ben guesthouse (From LP) in Chiangmai? OR eagles guesthouse and banana guest house? Heard rather unflattering reviews for the latter two places. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,817 times, with 5 replies.

Which currency is best?/Traveler's Checks

Posted by tokyobelle on 20/7/2006 at 09:06

Hi, I'm leaving in two days (yay!) and I'm wondering what currency to take with me. As I've mentioned before, I live in Japan and am paid in yen, but I've read reports that the US Dollar is the preferred currency for exchange, etc. Should I change all of my yen into dollars and then into baht, or can I use yen to buy baht? Also, I'm leaning more towards tc's than using my atm card, but because of the wacko banking regulations here, I can only buy them at the post office between the ho ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,505 times, with 1 reply.

Pattaya

Posted by Red on 19/7/2006 at 05:46

Hi Everybody, I asked a question about beaches the other day and got a great response thankyou. Now my husband and I would like to go to Pattaya for a few days R&R before heading back home to Australia, as it seems to be the nearest beach to BKK and we don't want to go the regular tourist beaches. So what are the opinions of Pattaya as a beach and a place to go to for 3 nights/2 days. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,709 times, with 6 replies.

When an elephant ride just isn't enough...

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/7/2006 at 18:30

We're recently expanded our coverage of Ayutthaya and in the process came across the Elephant Stay project... "If a short afternoon elephant ride at the ruins isn't enough, there is an opportunity to stay at the elephant kraal from one to twenty-eight days and learn more about how the 90 elephants in residence are cared for and trained. As Michelle, the Australian-born manager of the Kraal says, We don't sell rooms, we sell an elephant experience." For more information, please see our Ayut ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,285 times, with 1 reply.

Can I Buy A Swimsuit on Koh Tao?

Posted by Benjamin on 11/6/2006 at 15:00

I am leving for Thailnd in two weeks and I need a swimsuit. I am teaching in Korea right now and they have very few and very expensive bathing suits. Is it possible/convieniant to get a bathing trunks on Koh Tao? I don't wear speedos because I don't have the figure for it. Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,228 times, with 5 replies.

" Pai " The little peaceful town

Posted by paitown on 19/7/2006 at 17:02

" Pai " The little peaceful town . . Pai ; Thailand Do u want to know this place more ? visit us here >> deleted - please read the FAQ re promoting your own URLs ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,981 times, with no replies.

ayutthaya or lopburi stop on way to chiang mai

Posted by EmjayReet on 5/7/2006 at 15:00

Hi We are taking the overnight train from BKK to CM but were thinking it might be nice to see either Ayutthaya or Lopburi on the way. Is it possible to get a train to either of these places in the morning and then jump on the overnight train to CM when it passes through? More importantly, how does the fare work? Do we just buy one ticket that takes us on both or do we need to buy two seperate tickets? If we buy two seperate tickets will we still have to pay the full journey on the overni ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,343 times, with 5 replies.

khao yai nat'l park

Posted by Gordon_M on 16/7/2006 at 05:36

Hello again everyone, thanks for all your help it has been much appreciated. Just another couple of questions on some places in thailand. Im making my way from bangkok and plan to head north to vientiene. Im stopping at kachanaburi but was wondering if the 3 pagodas pass is worth the trip. Also i was thinking of spending some time around the Khao Yai nat'l park has anybody been there and what kind of wildlife can you spot. Also is it best to stay in Pak Chong or inside the park itself. Ou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,223 times, with 4 replies.

Good places to meet fellow travellers

Posted by Gordon_M on 11/7/2006 at 03:58

Hello everyone hows it going, im travelling to bangkok on 2nd nov this year to start of my trip around sea and just wondered if anyone had any ideas for the best place to meet fellow travellers as i am backpacking on my own, i know theres a few bars and stuff around ksr area but i was wondering if anyone had any other ideas on places to meet people, any help is much appreciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,731 times, with 4 replies.

Issan

Posted by DannyJ on 29/6/2006 at 18:00

Hey guys, hope everyone is happy today! Bear with me i'm in the typing mood and want to explain myself properly, he he! I'm due to arrive into Thailand at the end of September, after a few days checking out Bangkok i have myself booked into a thaiboxing training camp for a month on Koh Pan Yang, which takes me to the end of October. At the end of November i have to be in Chaing Mai for a Thaiboxing competition that some of my club buddies from the U.K. are competing in, sadly not myself. I was ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,593 times, with 10 replies.

Accomodation in Chaing Mai

Posted by Red on 10/7/2006 at 10:34

Could someone please be able to advise me where my husband and I could stay in Chaing Mai,we will be there on the 30th December until about the 4th or 5th of January. I have tried to email Julie GH but have had no reply as yet. I was hoping to book before we go as I would like to be sure of a bed right on the NY eve period. While I know it's not the NY for Thailand, being the High season I would feel better. Maybe a GH similar to Julie's GH and in about the same price bracket.As long as it has a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,152 times, with 6 replies.

Phuket Airport/ town to Koh Kho Khao resort

Posted by wailing1 on 16/7/2006 at 13:16

Hi, Can anyone tell me how can I go to Koh Kho Khao resort (near khaolak) from Phuket Airport/ town? I cannot drive. -any car/ taxi hire in airport? how much? -any agents had the transfer service? Thank you. Wailing ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,223 times, with 1 reply.

Kanchanaburi and Ayuthaya

Posted by Gordon_M on 14/7/2006 at 21:27

Hello everyone, im just at the planning stage for my trip and wanted to ask you guy's for your opinion. My plan is to head to Ayuthaya and kachanaburi from bangkok then make my way to the border crossing at vientiane at laos. From there i will head south into cambodia. I was just wondering if Ayuthaya is worth the trip and how long would you suggest being there and also how long would you suggest spending in kachanaburi. Whats the best way to travel to these places and in which order should ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,430 times, with 4 replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page