Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

To reserve, or not to reserve?

Posted by tokyobelle on 14/6/2006 at 18:07

Okay, I'll be going to Thailand for the first time in August (Bangkok, Ko Samui, and Chiang Mai) and I seem to be getting some conflicting advice regarding hotel reservations. I keep reading how people say they never make reservations for hotels/guesthouses but then I read warnings about how if you walk into town w/o a reservation, you'll be screwed over, etc. So, in short, would it be best for us to plan ahead and make all of our reservations before we leave or would it be okay to walk i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,915 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by thaibeachlovers on 16/6/2006 at 23:47

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

National Parks and Elephants Treks

Posted by karyn on 11/6/2006 at 21:17

I was wondering if you have information about National Parks in Thailand on the site? And are there a couple that you would definitely recommend, that would have accommodations in them? Are there locations that you would suggest for going on an elephant trek? I don't want one that is a circus type and was hoping for a location in the south and north, if possibe! Thanks for your reading through the message board for ideas and other answers!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,344 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 16/6/2006 at 17:24

Christmas Accomodation

Posted by Red on 15/6/2006 at 07:43

Can someone advise me if I need to book accomodation for our 3 weeks in Thailand from the 27th Dec until the 2nd or 3rd week in Jan 2007. We really don't know where we will be, as we would like to just go along and stay in places for a day or more if we like it. The only accomodation we have booked is the first 2 days in BKK and our last night before we fly home to Australia.Any help would be appreciated. Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,870 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 16/6/2006 at 17:09

Haad Yuan Bungalows

Posted by tsargood on 10/4/2006 at 18:01

Hi, In December 2003 I stayed at 'Haad Yuan Bungalows' on Koh Phangan , very basic bungalows right on the beach and very cheap! It also had a little resteraunt with fantastic cheap food. Very friendly Burmese familly ran the place. I am planning a trip back there in December this year and I cant find any way of contacting them for a booking. Any ideas? And is it still as laid back and quiet as I recall? Cheers, Tim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,684 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/6/2006 at 08:57

Cooking courses

Posted by Danka on 15/6/2006 at 19:51

Can anyone recommend a cooking course/school in Bangkok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,318 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Danka on 15/6/2006 at 20:06

SouthEast Asia itinerary

Posted by Heather on 13/6/2006 at 11:56

Hi, I'm a single female traveling to southeast asia next week. I am planning on going straight to Cambodia then back to Bangkok to fly and meet a friend in Koh Samui. After that I will go back to Bangkok, fly to vietnam go through vietnam and Lao and back to Bangkok to fly home. Is this too complicated. I have to visit my friend in the middle in Koh Samui. Does anyone have a better idea of how to do this? My timetable is June 16 - arrive Bangkok, 24 - 30 Koh Samui and Depart Bangkok July 1 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,756 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by petervienna on 13/6/2006 at 20:32

weather in July

Posted by edwinbroek on 13/6/2006 at 18:38

Dear all, I have a question about the weather in Thailand in July. I'm planning for a trip to Thailand and because I've heard some bad news about the actual weather situation in Thailand, I'm a little concerned. Should I go to Thailand or not? I've read in this messageboard that the weather at Ko Tao, Ko Panang, etc. is better than at the westcoast, but is it worth to go there. Thus, can I expect sunshine there or is it rainy all day. I'm not so worried about an occasional thunderstorm ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,438 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by jon_mak on 13/6/2006 at 18:51

Accomodation over Christmas and New Year

Posted by Red on 13/6/2006 at 12:49

My husband and I will be flying into BKK on the 27 December, we have only booked the first 2 nights accomodation, we aren't sure where we will be after that, so will it be a problem getting places to stay without booking ahead for our 3 weeks in Thailand or can we just arrive in places and take our chances. Will New Years eve be a problem? Thank you in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,867 times, with no replies.

Quiet beach on Kho Phangan's sunset side

Posted by thaibeachlovers on 12/6/2006 at 02:12

Does anyone have any suggestions for the above? I'd prefer a white sand beach with some interesting walks in the area, be able to stay in a hut/room next to the sand, and have a choice of restaurants. It must be quiet, hopefully not frequented by the party crowd and accessible by vehicle ( I'm past the stage of walking a long way with a big bag ). 500 bht or under. I've been staying at Than Sadet, which fills all the requirements above, but I miss the sunsets ( I used to stay on Railay till it g ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,002 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by thaibeachlovers on 13/6/2006 at 11:29

Posted by katyleigh8 on 12/6/2006 at 13:41

Are there places to charge batteries and small electronics (phone, ipod) in SEA or do I need to stock up on batteries, or is it just not even worth bringing along? Wasn't sure where to post this one because it was so general. Thanks so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,941 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 13/6/2006 at 11:25

Thailand itinerary

Posted by ComingtoThailand on 13/6/2006 at 01:27

1) We are starting to plan a flexible Thailand itinerary on a three-week trip, and it looks like from Chiang Mai, we will probably have time to EITHER go west to Pai and Mae Hong Son OR north to Chiang Rai. If we have to choose between these two, any suggestions which would be better? Also, we're going in August--how real is the possibility of travel being shut down due to rain? 2) Does anyone know if it is possible to catch the overnight train to Chiang Mai from Lopburi if we stop in Ayyutha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,018 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/6/2006 at 09:50

bangkok for one night before heading to Ko Samui

Posted by jdollar on 11/6/2006 at 03:29

Hi, My travel partner and I are arriving at 11pm into the Bangkok Airport and are looking for a place to stay for that night before we head south the next day. Our main thing is that we don't want the hassle of finding a place to stay late that night, and would also prefer a place that would pick us up at the airport so we don't have the hassle of finding the place after a long day of flying. An english speaking staff would also be a plus to ease us in slowly and answer any questions we had. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,464 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by neeners on 12/6/2006 at 23:46

travelling south in july

Posted by w_m on 12/6/2006 at 20:58

im travelling through southern thailand in july, im going to koh Samui and koh Tao for a while and was wondering if the west coast is worth a trip, mainly Phuket and Phagnga? and if anyone could recommend a nice quiet beach and accomoodation for Samui that'd be great, cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,127 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/6/2006 at 22:54

Islands in August

Posted by karyn on 11/6/2006 at 09:48

I have read and noticed some comments about times of year to visit different islands. I am going to Thailand in August and was wondering if Ko Chang is a good choice or if there is other island(s) that I should pursue instead. Is there a particular region of islands that would be best considering the time of year? Thanks for your thoughts and information! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,921 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by karyn on 12/6/2006 at 06:07

Malaria around Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia & Malaysia help plz

Posted by besty123 on 8/6/2006 at 02:34

Hi everyone. Its currently under one month before me and my girlfriend leave for 6weeks visiting the countries as stated in the subject heading. The problem I am facing is to do with malaria. It will be the monsoon season (most destinations). The places and length we are staying are: Bangkok 5days (another 4 at the end, including bridge of the river kwai) Laos 7 days - Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang (Phonsavan, Sam Neua & Na Maew to cross to Vietnam Vietnam 14 days- Hanoi, H ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,770 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by exacto on 9/6/2006 at 19:16

Ko Samui-Mae Nam, Good Better Best?

Posted by VeronicaBotess on 6/6/2006 at 20:00

Hi there, Excellent and helpful site by the way, well done. OK, my problem is this, I am going from Bangok to Ko Samui in early August. Now, which in your opinion is the best way to get from Bangkok to Ko Samui? I've read some train horror stories on the Net and they just don't seem worth the mission despite the price. Would you recommend taking a bus? In that case, is the bus station close to the airport? If you don't recommend taking a bus, then flight is I suppose ideal. If only I wer ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,742 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by VeronicaBotess on 9/6/2006 at 18:56

Posted by ComingtoThailand on 9/6/2006 at 02:05

What are any of your suggestions about vaccinations for Northern Thailand? We will be in Thailand for about 22 days, and only in the North for about 10 days max. However, in that time, we are unsure where we will be--probably stay to some of the more "touristy" rural areas (Mae Hong Son, Pai, Chiang Rai), but will definitely do a 2-3 night trek and do not want to be limited in where we can go once we're there. Since we have gotten most of the basic vaccines, my biggest question is about the Jap. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,436 times, with no replies.

Vientiane to Ko Phangan?

Posted by ib2mix on 8/6/2006 at 11:20

My friend and I are going to SE Asia. but we can't figure out the best, fastest, and cheapest way to get to Ko Phangan. How do we do this? We don't mind flying..but we don't know where to find tickets, and if we should get them now or when we get there or find a travel agent.....basically we are clueless at this point and we need some guidance.... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,870 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/6/2006 at 16:01

Body/Wax/Massage Treatment - Bangkok???

Posted by neo on 2/6/2006 at 15:47

Hi Everyone, Considering this website has been my homepage for quite a few weeks now, its needless to say Travelfish have done a great job. I have pretty much planned all my trip for Thailand but am in need for some advice in seeking a medium (not cheap/unprofessional) budget massage/body/wax/etc treatment parlours in bangkok city area. I am going to be there in 2 weeks and am really looking forward to a relaxing holiday. Can experienced travellers reccommend any websites, names where ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,568 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 8/6/2006 at 07:50

HELP!!!!!!!!!! Earliest boat from Phangan to Samui

Posted by Alison24 on 6/6/2006 at 19:40

HELP!!!!!!!!!! Earliest boat from Phangan to Samui Around 8???????? Please! Leaving Samui by plane at 10:40!!!!!!!!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,385 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 7/6/2006 at 16:37

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page