Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand to Vietnam

Posted by b18onboost on 8/4/2006 at 05:57

Hi there i was wondering if anyone can tell me the cheapest way to travel from Thailand to Vietnam. So far i found Airfrance to be the cheapest which is 231 dollars round trop from Thailand to Vietnam. I am considering taking a bus also but dont know where to star. I want to go to be in vietnam for atleast 3 days plus travel time. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,593 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Alison24 on 13/4/2006 at 22:17

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Which airline is the cheapest ? and some other questions.

Posted by tsargood on 11/4/2006 at 15:18

1. Which airline is the cheapest to get from Bangkok to Koh Samui? 2. Are there regular long boats to Haad Rin or Haad Yuan from Koh Samui? 3. How long does the longboat take to Haad Rin from Koh Samui? 4. How much does the long boat cost? 5. Is the domestic airport in the same place as the Bangkok International? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to talk someone into flying rather than the bus/boat option(i hate busses, I have a problem knee and can never get comfortable!). I th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,628 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jon_mak on 12/4/2006 at 21:37

Site Updates

Posted by scudder3 on 12/4/2006 at 03:00

Hello, I am a frequent visitor (first time poster) on this site and I think it is wonderful. Quick question/suggestion. I noticed in a previous post Sontam2000 said "Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Tao and Ko Samui are being fully updated through May this year." Is there a section on this site such as "What's New"? Since I have explored most of the site, I find it difficult to discover what has been recently added, updated, etc. This may also be relevant for the Gibbon Experience article you are plan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,213 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/4/2006 at 07:33

First time in Thailand

Posted by tennie on 6/4/2006 at 15:03

Hello! I will be travelling in Thailand in January 2007 and was wondering if I could get some advice regarding where to go and how organised I should be. It's my first time travelling independently and I'm a bit of an organised freak. I've read a lot of the suggestions in this forum and found it quite helpful, though there are so many things I'd like to find out! Here are my questions: 1) most people have suggested to me to not book hotels in advance so as to be flexible re: length of sta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,130 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by exacto on 11/4/2006 at 23:13

Where to stay...

Posted by travelsalone on 27/3/2006 at 20:23

Goal: Pre-arrange a place to stay in BKK the first night or two (arriving late) so as to get a visa for Vietnam...maybe apply then leave BKK a couple days, return for the visa...who knows! Question: Are there recommendations for places from people with first hand knowledge of them? I read and search and look at tons of places, but find it better to hear from someone who knows. A place that is not too expensive, but clean and safe would be nice, and preferably not predominantly a tourist or part ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,382 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Alison24 on 11/4/2006 at 19:35

Anybody alone in Bangkok from 03.05. - 04.05.?

Posted by perdita18 on 11/4/2006 at 11:01

Hi guys, I will arrive in Bangkok late at night the 2.05. and I am looking for somebody who wants to join me for 2 days in Bangkok...sightseeing, nightlife etc. Would be nice to hear from you: v.sing@web.de Verena ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,008 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by micky on 11/4/2006 at 13:06

Internal flights?

Posted by tsargood on 10/4/2006 at 19:18

Hi, What is the best way to get to Had Rin from Bangkok. How long does it take? Is it possible to fly? Thanks, Tim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,238 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/4/2006 at 09:57

Help with a beach

Posted by rociomsegares on 28/1/2006 at 09:40

I'm planning to go to Phangan in March and would like to stay at Had Thian/Yuan ( how far apart are they, which one is better?) Maybe the Sanctuary???? Any experiences? Or in Ao Thong Nai Pan? I'm traveling by myself, so I wouldn't ming some ppl, while there. I'm also a fire dancer, and wouldn't mind a place with some music and other ppl to play with. But I definetely don't wanna stay in Haad Rin. Please give some advice...I want to book my room since I'll be there during Full Moon...not ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,051 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tsargood on 10/4/2006 at 19:39

Treveling by train

Posted by Sunny5049 on 9/4/2006 at 08:08

Hey does anyone know if it is possible to travel to other countries such as Cambodia and Vietnam by train from Thailand? Is it Safe? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,862 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 9/4/2006 at 23:35

Need help planning trip to Thailand, possibly Cambodia/Laos

Posted by marycolin on 9/4/2006 at 17:05

My wife and I want to go to Thailand, spend a day or 2 in Bangkok, then travel to 1 of the islands for a few daya r & r then on to Cambodia or Laos to do some sightseeing, temples scenery local life. We want to mix up between beach relaxation and mind blowing sightseeing. Can anyone suggest an itinery or offer some insights into what to do and a s importantly what to avoid. All replies welcomed. Kind Regards Colin & Mary ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,307 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 9/4/2006 at 23:30

How to enjoy Songkran Day?

Posted by frankxm on 1/4/2006 at 16:22

I feel lucky that my holiday meets the Songkran day in Thai. I would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me some advice how to enjoy the real local new year. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,758 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by jon_mak on 8/4/2006 at 16:47

Cooking Classes in Chang Mai

Posted by pjh_2509 on 5/4/2006 at 10:10

Hi there, Am travelloming up to Chang Mai this weekend and according to many travellors i have met on the way, a cooking class is cool iand Chang Mai is the place to do it. WOuld love to take home some of wonderful recipes i have been eating. Anyone know of ones to do or ones to miss. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,508 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 6/4/2006 at 06:05

NB Hotel - Udon Thani

Posted by busgen on 5/4/2006 at 14:07

You'll not find this hotel very easily if you enter: "hotels udon thani" in a search engine, but this is really worthwhile............I discovered the hotel 3 years ago. It had just opened. With rates of 495.- THB for a room with 2 single beds or 1 king size bed. Very clean well equipped; minibar; cable TV; private shower area/toilet; A/C; warm water and spacious rooms. The staff is very friendly and the welcome is warm. Since last year there is a new restaurant, where you can get continental ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,821 times, with no replies.

Phrao Question

Posted by dvgainer on 3/4/2006 at 10:41

I was thinking of stopping in Phrao, Chiang Dao, or both, en route to Mae Salong and Laos. As this is the only place I've seen anything on Phrao, I was wondering if anyone could compare the two. I'm guessing Phrao's a lot quieter, but are there enough walks or places to swim for a couple of lazy days? Is it possible to rent a bike? Also, is there public transportation from Phrao to Chiang Dao. Thanks, great site, david ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,273 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/4/2006 at 14:15

Bringing food from US to Thailand?

Posted by mbmstuff on 28/2/2006 at 05:56

I'd like to bring some gifts over... are there restrictions about bringing food into Thailand? For instance: teas, chocolate, wine, champagne, vacuum packed smoked salmon & goat cheese...? What about on the airplane? (China Airlines) Thanks - Michelle ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,320 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by mbmstuff on 1/4/2006 at 18:08

6 days to spare- what beaches / areas in May / June?

Posted by grahamcoleman on 30/3/2006 at 20:07

Hi all - my girlfriend & I are going to have 6 days spare in Thailand. The rest of our holiday is planned, but there's 6 days in the middle after we finish up North, and before we start on a sailing trip. We're looking for somewhere with nice beaches, but also must be places to chill out, but also places were there are people. Not looking for Ibiza, but just somewhere where there is a bit of life at night, and things to do - boat trips, excursions, water sports, things to see. If you were us, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,054 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mbmstuff on 1/4/2006 at 17:41

How much rain is 200cm

Posted by dvgainer on 28/3/2006 at 05:16

I'm trying to decide whether to go to Railay, and maybe Ko Yao, for 4-7 days in June. I've read that it rains about 100 cm more there than on the Gulf side, but I can't really relate that number to anything (outside of it sounding like a lot of rain). Is all day rain common, or is it more of a nice in the morning storm in the afternoon pattern. Should I expect the beach currents to be bad? Both places are somewhat protected...I'd expect the water to be muddier, but would I be able to get in a co ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,404 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dvgainer on 28/3/2006 at 11:52

North Thailand Trek suggestions, anyone?

Posted by hector on 16/3/2006 at 07:50

Hi I've got a miniscule 2 weeks to go travelling in April, so I figured a week in North Thailand and a week in North Laos. I'm really wanting to do a 3, 4 or 5 day trek in North Thailand. Not too fussed with elephant riding or rafting, just keen to exert myself a bit up a mountain somewhere breathtaking with a cool group of young people like me. Chiang Dao sounds like a pretty good spot, any other suggestions? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,181 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by irisheyes on 28/3/2006 at 11:02

what islands to do in thailand

Posted by irishguy on 11/3/2006 at 04:11

hey heading to thailand in mid june first time, gonna spend about 2 weeks down south on the islands, and just wondering can anyone recommended the best places to go? and how easy is it to travel between island? totally havent got a clue what to do? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,343 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by irisheyes on 28/3/2006 at 10:55

CAmbodia to Ko Chang

Posted by ezzie on 22/3/2006 at 21:22

Hello - we will be coming from Siam Reap, hence cross the border at Poipet on Cambodia side. Trying to understand transport from thai side down to Ko Chang - as in 2 buses and a boat? or 1 bus and a boat? and how long this will take. I have no idea how frequent the transport is in this direction as everything seems to be heading towards Bangkok. I understand it is all acheivable in a day - but if it is a really full on day of travel maybe we will give it a miss, as time is short, and we woul ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,679 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/3/2006 at 22:14

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page