Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Best Day Trips from Mai Khao

Posted by erobertshaw on 24/4/2006 at 19:48

Hi there, Three of my friends and I are staying in a hotel in the Mai Khao section of Phuket for a week in August and I was wondering what some great day trips would be? I love kayaking and snorkelling and my sister loves diving...any island area we shoukld hit? Any out of the ordinary day trips inland? It's my first time there and I'd like to feel all aspects of the culture during my time in that area. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,191 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/4/2006 at 14:37

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Sangkhlaburi / Three Pagodas Pass border crossing

Posted by dnuts on 22/4/2006 at 00:51

I've read that you can cross here into Myanmar for the day as a good way to renew your Thai visa. Is this still available to do or are there any other similar options in that area? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,061 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/4/2006 at 06:26

Thailand to Vietnam

Posted by torrie_amy on 21/4/2006 at 23:25

Hi, I just barely joined this site and its amazing so far! My girlfriend and I are planning on taking a trip to Thailand through Vietnam and my question doesn't really concern traveling, but i dont know where else to ask so if this is offtopic, i apologize. I have a pretty good sized tattoo of Ganesha on my forearm (visible in other words) and I was wondering how the cultures felt about religious figures being tattooed on people. I really do not want to offend anyone, and i was just wonder ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,271 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/4/2006 at 06:20

Planning a trip in November is this a bad time?

Posted by JAP on 20/4/2006 at 20:09

Hi there. We're meeting some friends from Australia in Bangkok, will be spending 2nights and days in Bangkok then dont know.... After looking at various sites I notice that the southern islands will be wet, (I think) and after looking at the Eastern islands Ko Kut etc, they don't look as beautiful and breathtaking, (is that just the pics ive been viewing)? Haven't concidered travelling to the North! And after looking at your message board and site im really confused as where and what to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,549 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cedezlepassage on 22/4/2006 at 03:13

accomodation to Full moon Part...

Posted by swedreamer on 18/4/2006 at 01:04

hi there I am going to the Full Moon Party in Nov and Dec...and i am wondering if I should arrive to Ko Phangang some days before ? Or can I just come the same day and still find accomodation? Thanks for tips! Oh..And can i leave valueable things at the bugalows or is it to unsafe? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,079 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by swedreamer on 20/4/2006 at 01:24

How Far?

Posted by tsargood on 18/4/2006 at 15:20

Hi All, If I fly into Surat Thani Airport, how far is it to where the ferry leaves from for Koh Phangan? And what is the best method of getting there? Also how long is the ferry ride and the cost? Cheers, Tim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,073 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/4/2006 at 17:24

Budget Help Please!!! (2 months)

Posted by killerwhaletank on 13/4/2006 at 01:38

Hey folks, I have been lurking in the shadows of this site for a few weeks now, doing as much reasearch as I can on Thailand, and the backpacker's scene there. I'm planning a trip to Thailand this August. My goal is to stay 2 or 3 months, or as long as my budget will let me stay. From reading this site, it sounds like my budget wont quite cut it. I will have about 70,000 baht ($2000 US) as a budget for the entire trip. My goal, as most other backpackers, is to live on the beache ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,035 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by doreen392 on 16/4/2006 at 22:02

tours OF S E ASIA

Posted by mooreo123 on 14/4/2006 at 22:56

Hi all this i my first time on here and i will be going travelling for the first time this august. Im arriving in bangkok on the 18th aug 06 and i am thinking of booking a tour for the fist few weeks i am here. I fly into bangkok and out of singapore to melbourne four weeks later. The tours appeal because i will be travelling alone, does anyone have any information from tours they have been on or how easy it is to get around on your own, any help would help alot ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,713 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 15/4/2006 at 11:36

Bay View Resort Hat Yao

Posted by Kennyd on 14/4/2006 at 19:44

Has anybody stayed at Bay View resort at the northern end of Hat Yao? I would appreciate some comments as I am thinking of trying there. Also do they have a phone number for reservations or is it walk in only? Thanks Kenny ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,478 times, with no replies.

surin pirom's house

Posted by miriamschutte on 13/4/2006 at 04:32

I would like to make an reservation at pirom's house during the elephant festival. They do not have an emailadress or fax. I sthere someone who can help me to make the reservation. Thanks Miriam schutte Netherlands ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,839 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by miriamschutte on 14/4/2006 at 04:23

Thailand to Vietnam

Posted by b18onboost on 8/4/2006 at 05:57

Hi there i was wondering if anyone can tell me the cheapest way to travel from Thailand to Vietnam. So far i found Airfrance to be the cheapest which is 231 dollars round trop from Thailand to Vietnam. I am considering taking a bus also but dont know where to star. I want to go to be in vietnam for atleast 3 days plus travel time. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,603 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Alison24 on 13/4/2006 at 22:17

Which airline is the cheapest ? and some other questions.

Posted by tsargood on 11/4/2006 at 15:18

1. Which airline is the cheapest to get from Bangkok to Koh Samui? 2. Are there regular long boats to Haad Rin or Haad Yuan from Koh Samui? 3. How long does the longboat take to Haad Rin from Koh Samui? 4. How much does the long boat cost? 5. Is the domestic airport in the same place as the Bangkok International? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to talk someone into flying rather than the bus/boat option(i hate busses, I have a problem knee and can never get comfortable!). I th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,640 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jon_mak on 12/4/2006 at 21:37

Site Updates

Posted by scudder3 on 12/4/2006 at 03:00

Hello, I am a frequent visitor (first time poster) on this site and I think it is wonderful. Quick question/suggestion. I noticed in a previous post Sontam2000 said "Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Tao and Ko Samui are being fully updated through May this year." Is there a section on this site such as "What's New"? Since I have explored most of the site, I find it difficult to discover what has been recently added, updated, etc. This may also be relevant for the Gibbon Experience article you are plan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,223 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/4/2006 at 07:33

First time in Thailand

Posted by tennie on 6/4/2006 at 15:03

Hello! I will be travelling in Thailand in January 2007 and was wondering if I could get some advice regarding where to go and how organised I should be. It's my first time travelling independently and I'm a bit of an organised freak. I've read a lot of the suggestions in this forum and found it quite helpful, though there are so many things I'd like to find out! Here are my questions: 1) most people have suggested to me to not book hotels in advance so as to be flexible re: length of sta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,145 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by exacto on 11/4/2006 at 23:13

Where to stay...

Posted by travelsalone on 27/3/2006 at 20:23

Goal: Pre-arrange a place to stay in BKK the first night or two (arriving late) so as to get a visa for Vietnam...maybe apply then leave BKK a couple days, return for the visa...who knows! Question: Are there recommendations for places from people with first hand knowledge of them? I read and search and look at tons of places, but find it better to hear from someone who knows. A place that is not too expensive, but clean and safe would be nice, and preferably not predominantly a tourist or part ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,394 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Alison24 on 11/4/2006 at 19:35

Anybody alone in Bangkok from 03.05. - 04.05.?

Posted by perdita18 on 11/4/2006 at 11:01

Hi guys, I will arrive in Bangkok late at night the 2.05. and I am looking for somebody who wants to join me for 2 days in Bangkok...sightseeing, nightlife etc. Would be nice to hear from you: v.sing@web.de Verena ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,017 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by micky on 11/4/2006 at 13:06

Internal flights?

Posted by tsargood on 10/4/2006 at 19:18

Hi, What is the best way to get to Had Rin from Bangkok. How long does it take? Is it possible to fly? Thanks, Tim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,251 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/4/2006 at 09:57

Help with a beach

Posted by rociomsegares on 28/1/2006 at 09:40

I'm planning to go to Phangan in March and would like to stay at Had Thian/Yuan ( how far apart are they, which one is better?) Maybe the Sanctuary???? Any experiences? Or in Ao Thong Nai Pan? I'm traveling by myself, so I wouldn't ming some ppl, while there. I'm also a fire dancer, and wouldn't mind a place with some music and other ppl to play with. But I definetely don't wanna stay in Haad Rin. Please give some advice...I want to book my room since I'll be there during Full Moon...not ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,059 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tsargood on 10/4/2006 at 19:39

Treveling by train

Posted by Sunny5049 on 9/4/2006 at 08:08

Hey does anyone know if it is possible to travel to other countries such as Cambodia and Vietnam by train from Thailand? Is it Safe? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,871 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 9/4/2006 at 23:35

Need help planning trip to Thailand, possibly Cambodia/Laos

Posted by marycolin on 9/4/2006 at 17:05

My wife and I want to go to Thailand, spend a day or 2 in Bangkok, then travel to 1 of the islands for a few daya r & r then on to Cambodia or Laos to do some sightseeing, temples scenery local life. We want to mix up between beach relaxation and mind blowing sightseeing. Can anyone suggest an itinery or offer some insights into what to do and a s importantly what to avoid. All replies welcomed. Kind Regards Colin & Mary ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,324 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 9/4/2006 at 23:30

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page