Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Andaman Islands

Posted by saskpacker on 12/7/2006 at 05:11

Hi all, first I want to say this is the best Thai forum I've found! this place is pure gold. I am heading to Thailand for the first time in 2 weeks and I am hoping to stay on some of the more "undeveloped" islands like Ko Rok Nok, Ko Tarutao and Ko Lipe. I've heard that during monsoon season some islands aren't accessible, are these ones? and if so, are they worth going to during the rainy season? or is the wind/rain too intense. Any info is really appreciated. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,572 times, with 2 replies.

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Samui Accomodation Suggestion

Posted by exacto on 6/7/2006 at 14:44

Somtam et. al., We're heading down to Samui now for a one-week fasting program at The Spa on Lamai Beach. We'll have a few days on either end of that to relax and have fun and are looking for suggestions on good places to stay. We thought we'd try East Mae Nam Beach or Big Buddha for either before or after (flying out on the 6 am BKK Airways flight at the end), but would be interested in suggestions for Lamai or elsewhere too. We are typically flashpackers, but are looking more for st ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,595 times, with 5 replies.

snorkeling on Samui

Posted by bunny on 11/7/2006 at 10:52

Hi all! We are here on Samui and I'd really like to do some sort of day or half day snorkeling tour. I have a brochure from Lomprayah Catamaran for a full day trip that goes to Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan, and includes a buffet lunch, snorkeling, transfer to and from the pier for 1400baht per person. Has anyone done this trip? If you did, what did you think of it? Has anyone done any snorkeling trips on Samui at all? We'd love to hear your feedback, good or bad. Thanks in advance! ~bunny ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,667 times, with 3 replies.

July in Ko Samet...

Posted by tan1415 on 3/7/2006 at 01:24

Hi, Not sure what to expect of Ko Samet. But I am travelling with some friends late July to Thailand. And we wpould like to start our trip with a beachholiday. 4 nights worth...so Ko Samet looks ideal. I have read that the weather right now is VERY bad. If it's raining...is there anything to do here? To me Ko Samet is all about the beachlife...if it's rain you have nothing else to do. And maybe a option to go to a place that's more lively? Also reading your very helpful site I notice ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,215 times, with 13 replies.

Which islands get least rain June-July?

Posted by steebee on 26/5/2006 at 01:48

I will be in Thailand for my first trip June 22 - July 6. I want to visit an island or two but am concerned about the rain. The wonderful TravelFish animated weather map shows the islands of Ko Tao, Ko Pha Ngan, and Ko Samui as having less rain than the other islands during my time period. Is it still too rainy to soak up some sun on the beach or should I bring my suntan lotion? Also, what other cities from Bangkok to up north would I not have as much a problem with lots of rain? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,329 times, with 2 replies.

Cost of Living

Posted by tokyobelle on 9/7/2006 at 22:35

Okay, you may need to humor me here, but I have some concerns. My friend and I are two women in our late twenties and would probably be what you call flashpackers-we have good jobs but we also enjoy a good value. Essentially, we want a clean, comfortable room-we're not looking for frills, or deluxe items. We'd like it to be safe, relaxing, and clean. That's about it. So far, we've decided upon Moon Huts in Samui, Lamphu House in BKK, and still looking at some other options in Chiang Mai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,062 times, with 7 replies.

Parami Guest House

Posted by tokyobelle on 11/7/2006 at 09:57

Has anyone ever heard of this place? I've tried doing some research on the place, but really haven't found a lot other than 3 or 4 reviews-all positive. Would the reason I can't find anything on it be because it's a new place? They are located on Charoenrat Rd. near the Riverside Restaurant, et al-so it seems like a good location. I don't know if it's allowed to post their website, but they do have one if you need to take a look at it. (Sorry, I'd post it but I don't know if that's ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,692 times, with 2 replies.

A couple questions

Posted by jldm on 9/7/2006 at 21:46

Hey! I am starting off to Thailand and Laos for a few months next week. Im from Canada and have yet to venture to Asia. I am a pretty skilled traveller (or Id like to think) but just have a few situation cased questions. 1) Suggestions for taxi's from the Airport, we arrive late and don't want a bad experience right off the bat. Like a taxi company that is reliable? 2) First night we are staying out by the airport and then moving to the Lamphu House in Banlamphu area... whats the best w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,146 times, with 4 replies.

e-transfer from Australia

Posted by pheen on 10/7/2006 at 08:11

Hi, I am after the Sort or Swift Code for the Krung Thai Bank, Lampang Branch. I can not send Australain currency overseas from my bank without it. I would be grateful for help in where to get this code number. Thankyou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,723 times, with 1 reply.

koh kho khao, near khaolak, phangnga.

Posted by wailing1 on 29/6/2006 at 01:24

Anyone had been in Koh Kho Khao which near Khao lak, Phangnga. Please gives me some comments about the quality of beach, sea-water. There is only a few resorts and looks good. Which one is worth for money? They are all quite expensive. I'll go on November, looking for some islands with some snorkelling sites, good weather, nice beach, clear water and not so expensive resort( A/C, fridge, TV, hot-water are needs, around 2000 bahts per night ). Thank you very much. wailing ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,207 times, with 4 replies.

KANCHANABURI TO CHIANG MAI

Posted by Red on 4/7/2006 at 12:38

Could someone please tell me if there is anyway of getting from Kanchanaburi to Chiang Mai, without going back to Bkk then on to Chiang Mai. Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 20,238 times, with 4 replies.

Chaid Mai

Posted by Louie on 7/7/2006 at 12:23

Has it been raining heavily in Chaig Mai as it has been in the lower provinces, thinking of going up there for a week on the 12th of July. Any ideas about the weateher. Also i no some treks and tours can be not as they seem, does anyone have any suggestions of reputable companies, i've heard to avoid long tours and stick to day packages. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,063 times, with 1 reply.

Beaches

Posted by Red on 6/7/2006 at 05:46

Hi exacto, I was just wondering if you could tell me if there are any nice beaches between BKK and Hua Hin? We would like to have 2 or 3 days at a beach area before we head home. We don't really want to go to the more popular areas because of the time and distance from BKK. If we can go by bus of train to one of these areas that would be fine. I've read that Hua Hin is a nice little fishing village and has a reasonable beach, but if there is anything around that area also, that would be fine. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,472 times, with 4 replies.

Boarders and Beaches

Posted by clareabell on 30/6/2006 at 08:44

Hi Travefish I love this site!! I have two Questions :) My b/f and I are going to travel through Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam for 5 weeks in Sept and Oct. 1) We are planning on travelling overland from Bangkok to Siem Reip (through the poipet boarder). Will we make it there in a day? Is there a better overland option? And how much should I budget? 2) We are on a budget and would like to spend the last week (last week of Oct) on a beautiful beach in Thailand (or anywhere) to chil ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,488 times, with 8 replies.

Riverside Guest Houses

Posted by Tilapia on 8/7/2006 at 00:10

Hi, Anyone know any nice riverside guest houses in the Samsen District? I've been staying around Phra Athit for years and am looking for something different and, preferrably, on the water. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,868 times, with no replies.

Zoos

Posted by Red on 6/7/2006 at 07:58

What would be the better zoos to visit in Thailand please. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,785 times, with no replies.

May Weather in Thailand

Posted by jcrowder on 5/7/2006 at 08:21

Hi, What is the weather like in Thailand in May, particularily the southern region? Websites say it is the start of monsoon season, does that mean it will rain hard for an hour, or rain all day? Jeff ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,453 times, with 2 replies.

Fan or Aircon in December?

Posted by EmjayReet on 5/7/2006 at 15:32

Hi I have heard mixed reviews on whether fan or aircon is best when getting accommodation? Most places I have ended up opting for fan (eg: the resort in Koh Phangan said I was much better with fan due to sea breeze). Is this the case or should I have gotten air con in December? The places I have chosen fans are Ko Phangan, Chiang Mai & Khao Sok... Thanks Emjay ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,159 times, with 3 replies.

Elephant traing centre Lampang

Posted by marianwarren on 5/7/2006 at 17:24

Are there other things to do in lampang or is visiting the elephant training centre regarded as a day trip from Chiang Mai? I am having trouble finding detailed (or any) info about this. Rgards Marian ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,275 times, with 1 reply.

Ko Pha Ngan at Xmas & New Year time

Posted by MILKDOG on 3/7/2006 at 23:21

Hi, Me and a friend will be in Ko Pha Ngan around Xmas and New Year and just wanted to check if we are best booking our accomodation before we arrive and can anybody recommend a good place/area to stay over this period?? Many thanks Milkdog ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,830 times, with 5 replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page