Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Mini Cost - New Guesthouse in Chiang Mai Old City

Posted by daydreamer on 12/5/2006 at 20:36

Does anyone know about the new guesthouse in Chiang Mai called "Mini Cost"? I understand that it's just inside Tha Pae Gate behind the Montri Hotel. Anyone stay there yet, or have an e-mail address to reserve a room? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,873 times, with no replies.

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Does the train get booked out ?

Posted by Lecker on 11/5/2006 at 14:14

Hi I've been reading your suggestions on the train theme and I got some questions please. - does the train get booked out? (i've heard that you have to book more than 2 days in advance) ? That travel connexion site why do they ask me how much it is, dont I want them to tell me. Do they just reserve it or do you buy them . Is the 1st class AC adjustable? And do ferrys and buses leave at 4 am in the morning? I guess I could go on and on . but that is just my main thing so thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,343 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by exacto on 12/5/2006 at 08:41

Wild Orchid Hostel

Posted by kmoco7 on 11/5/2006 at 22:53

I used Travelfish to e-mail Wild Orchid Villa Hostel, but it was returned undeliverable to their account. Do they have a new e-mail account? Is there another way to make a resrevation? kmoco7@yahoo.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,225 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/5/2006 at 08:39

Traveling Costs

Posted by Sunny5049 on 11/5/2006 at 10:56

How much can we expect to spend for 2 weeks in thailand for travel guides, elephant trecks, trips to national parks, those sort of things? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,914 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Sunny5049 on 11/5/2006 at 13:55

islands near bangkok?

Posted by hycoscine on 5/5/2006 at 16:09

i'm ariving in bangkok 4 days before my friend, and i wanna spend that time on an island, not too far away from bangkok. i've tried to find an island that is not too touristy, but it seems impossible! i want beautiful beaches, but it would be nice if there were something more to see and do besides hanging out on the beach. also, it's a monday too thursday in june i'm gonna be there. i've been to koh chang(3 years ago) and i really liked it, but it's a bit too far away i think. especially ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 46,020 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by exacto on 11/5/2006 at 08:07

Thailand advise but with a small twist

Posted by koan05 on 17/3/2006 at 07:19

Hi, I'm from the US and I will most likely go to Thailand this Decemeber '06 - January '07 with a Thai lady friend whom I met here in the US (she was born and raised in Chiang Mai though). I've also been to Thailand myself but during the spring. I imagine that Christmas/NYE/January are very busy and expensive days to be in Thailand. Luckily we will not need a hotel in CM. However we both would like to go to Krabi area after CM. My questions are: 1) How far in advance would you advise w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,004 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by totallygone on 6/5/2006 at 12:48

Chang Mai

Posted by woody on 5/5/2006 at 00:12

So finally off next week.. A few questions regarding Chang Mai Is it cheaper to book hotels over the Internet or when I get there Should I bring my hiking boots for hikes in and around Chang Mai Cheers.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,555 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by totallygone on 6/5/2006 at 12:29

Thai House Inn Guest House

Posted by doveman on 5/5/2006 at 22:00

Hello This place is run by a Britton and his Thai wife. On Sukhumvit between soi 5 and 7. He is quoting 700 baht. The website isn't really specific on accomodations. Anyone able to give me any color on the place? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,697 times, with no replies.

UDON THANI BUS STATION TO AIRPORT

Posted by BUCKSBLOKE35 on 29/4/2006 at 10:10

HI COULD ANYONE LET ME KNOW HOW TO GET FROM THE BUS STATION TO THE AIRPORT.HOW MUCH SHOULD IT COST.TRAVELLING FROM LAOS TOMORROW AND HAVE NO THAI GUIDE BOOK,DONT WANNA GET RIPPED OFF AS I'LL HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE CHEERS TONY ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,177 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by BUCKSBLOKE35 on 4/5/2006 at 04:34

Chang Mai Tours

Posted by Amitsanghvi100 on 22/4/2006 at 22:56

Thinking of doing a tour for about 4 days from Chang Mai taking in Mae Hong Son and Pai. Ideally finishing in Chang Rai, but ok if it finishes back in Chang Rai) that encompasses the trekking (i.e. Elephant Rides, Waterfall trip and Rafting). Does such a tour exist and is it fairly easily to sort out from one of the hostels/agents in Chang Mai? Any recommendations on such a tour? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,863 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tennie on 3/5/2006 at 20:50

Bangkok Int. Airport to Poipet / Aranyaprathet Border

Posted by airfaze on 3/5/2006 at 00:56

hey guys, what is the best way to get to the Poipet / Aranyaprathet Border from Bangkok Int. Airport? taxi? How long is the journey? I'll be arriving at about 9pm, Bangkok and will be setting off to Siem Reap from there. I've read that the first bus from Northern Bus Termina to Aranyaprathet is at 3am? thanks alot! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,671 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/5/2006 at 09:17

Anybody know of any great guest houses in Phi Phi and Krabi?

Posted by MarcuzNYC on 3/5/2006 at 01:02

I'm looking for places for under $10 USD per night that are clean. Ideally, with private bath/shower. AC would probably be asking too much. Any 'insider' tips on cool beach spots would be great too. Thanks, Marcus ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,302 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/5/2006 at 07:01

Learning Thai

Posted by DannyJ on 2/5/2006 at 00:02

Hey guys, me again! I am trying (note the word 'trying') to learn some basic thai before my trip later this year, am using the brilliant learningthai.com website as a starter tool. I was thinking that when i'm in Thailand i might take a thai language class of some sort? It's just what kind of class and when?? At the moment my plan is to spend a couple of days in Bangkok when i arrive but then i'm heading down to Koh Phangan for a couple of weeks, maybe longer, of pre-arranged thaiboxing trainin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,249 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ding on 2/5/2006 at 09:52

Things to do - Phuket/Phi-Phi from an expert.

Posted by vikumar on 30/4/2006 at 20:12

Hi, Firstly - this website rocks! I am planning to spend 4 days around phuket including phi-phi in mid June 06. Can anyone recommend good half, full or 2-day activities and would I have to book that online prior to arrival over there? Is it advisable to hire a scooter/bike to travel around phuket considering I am neither reckless nor careless. I am travelling with a friend from Samui and would are interested in outdoor activities like elephant treks, snorkelling etc. I still haven’ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,961 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/5/2006 at 07:59

Mango Lagoon Place - Bangkok

Posted by Louise73 on 4/4/2006 at 12:58

Does anyone have an updated number for Mango Lagoon Place in BK. The number listed in LP and on Travelfish is unavailable (02281 4783). I'm in Vietnam at the moment so no directory inquiry to ask. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,723 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/5/2006 at 07:26

A week in Koh Tao

Posted by slave2dafunk on 27/4/2006 at 18:22

I live in Chiang Mai and am going down to Koh Tao for a week of holiday. I've been before and stayed at Laem Thian resort, but just for a few days. Looking for something different this time. Was thinking about staying at Sai Thong Resort. Anyone know anything about that? Also any recommendations of awesome beaches/snorkelling spots to check out (asthma and very little money, so no diving!). Also we were thinking about going to Ang Thong Marine Park. I've heard there is a place to stay there ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,427 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by slave2dafunk on 29/4/2006 at 12:14

somewhere in bangkok

Posted by irishguy on 27/4/2006 at 00:29

hey looking for any suggestions of places to stay in bangkok, just there for 3days in June, ANY IDEAS?? cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,559 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/4/2006 at 07:35

How would you get from Koh Samui to Phi Phi?

Posted by Alison24 on 25/4/2006 at 22:50

Hi, What's the best way from Samui to Phi Phi please??? Thanks!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,823 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by steviej on 27/4/2006 at 18:58

Koh Samui Airport - Mae Nam Beach

Posted by woody on 27/4/2006 at 00:36

Quick question ! Does anybody know what the going rate is from the airport in Koh Samui to Mae Nam Beach. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,946 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by henkway on 27/4/2006 at 17:26

thailand.......help!

Posted by sophia on 23/3/2006 at 12:34

i'm going to thailand for about 7 weeks at the end of june and i have no idea what to do! i'm not sure where to avoid because of the change in weather, not sure what places i HAVE to go to etc etc. i am going with my boyfriend and a budget of around 170,000 bht - the idea is to have a really relaxing time and to stay at some gorgeous places that aren't too wrecked by tourism.i bought a lonely planet but its not really as helpful as i would like...any advice form you guys would be greatly appreci ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,864 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by dmattiello on 26/4/2006 at 17:50

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page