Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travel from Samui to Ko Samet

Posted by dion1927 on 31/5/2006 at 18:44

Does anyone know best way to get from Samui to Samet? There are flights from Samui to Pattaya I believe, is this closest airport to Samet? Many thanks again! D ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,031 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 31/5/2006 at 21:52

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Where to go in June

Posted by dion1927 on 31/5/2006 at 17:47

I am going out to Thailand in June and meeting a friend there to go to Samui and Ko Pha Ngan for a couple of weeks. However, will be in the country on my own for the first 5-6 days and was trying to think of somewhere to go. I've already seen Samui and Ko Pha Ngan, so would like to go somewhere else. Can anyone recommend anywhere? Was thinking of Ko Chang until I was told the weather will be utter pants. Preferably somewhere vaguely lively as I'm quite sociable. Many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,471 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by dion1927 on 31/5/2006 at 20:12

Weather in Gulf of Thailand/ Ko Chang in June

Posted by dion1927 on 31/5/2006 at 17:04

I've been out to Thailand for the past two years in June, and have learnt to avoid west of the country (rained all day every day for 4 consecutive days when I wasin Phi Phi) but that weather on Samui and Ko Pha Ngan is ok. Am due to go again next week, but want to see somewhere different. Coudl anyone tell me what it is is like on Ko Chang weather-wise? I mean, do I expect it to be like the west of thailand (i.e. days without seeing much sun) or is it more like Samui and Ko P. (i.e. heavy rain f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,919 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dion1927 on 31/5/2006 at 17:30

Thailand to Turkey flights

Posted by cheapswill on 30/5/2006 at 14:38

I am doing a long journey home from Korea to Canada in the fall. I am going to be heading through SE Asia, Turkey, Greece, Italy, and Spain on the way back. I was curious if anyone can give me some insight on booking an airline ticket to Istanbul from Bangkok. Is it better to book it in advance or when I get to Thailand? Can anyonr recommend a good BKK travel agent who could help me with this and some of the other tickets I need to arrange? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,449 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 30/5/2006 at 21:53

National park in Phutburi

Posted by steebee on 28/5/2006 at 10:26

Has anyone been to the big National Park in Phutburi? What was your impression of it? It sounds great in your section on it. I am thinking of going late June early July. Is it better to stay at the cottages at the park or in town? Is there things to do there at nite if you stay at the park? I am traveling alone. Is it usual to get a group tour together there? Also, I would like to travel from Phutburi to Ko Tao. Any suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,318 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/5/2006 at 06:01

New Way Diving?

Posted by Benjamin on 28/5/2006 at 17:22

My wife and I are planning on doing our Open Water Padi course on Koh Tao. We are trying to decide between 2 schools and would really appreciate advice if anyone has any. The 2 schools we are trying to decide between are Coral Grand Divers and New Way Diving. New Way diving seems like a much better deal. They are 500 Baht cheaper and throw in free accomodation. I have read good reviews on Coral Grand divers but it is 500 Baht more expensive and doesn't include accommodation. If yo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,618 times, with no replies.

Koh Tao Accomodations

Posted by Benjamin on 26/5/2006 at 15:23

I Love this site!! My wife and I are making a trip to Thailand (6/22 - 7/2) and I have been researching like crazy (i.e. internet, friends, lonely planet) and this is far and away the best resource I have seen. We are planning on getting or padi diving certifiacation on Koh Tao. I just booked the train+ferry online (which I also learned about on this fantastic site) and am thinking about the accomodation. Do you recommend booking ahead or just getting acommodation when you show up? Al ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,885 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Benjamin on 28/5/2006 at 11:40

No Moon Party?

Posted by Ellen on 26/5/2006 at 07:50

I've booked a trip to Thailand for the end of June/early July, its 4 years since I was last there, and I bet a lot has changed, but I'm still really excited. I had wanted to go to the full moon party, but will miss that and the black moon party because of my travel dates. I've googled everywhere but can't find any schedule of the no moon party for this year (or any year actually) is it as big and organised as the full and black moon? will it still have the same atmosphere, but most i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,229 times, with no replies.

Ko Samui weather report

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/5/2006 at 11:15

Just in case you're thinking of heading to Samui at the moment, just a heads up to let you know the weather has been lovely. While it has rained every afternoon so far (over last four days) but the mornings through till about 2pm each day have been stunning and today is yet another stunner... Just thought you'd like to know ;-) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,963 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by neeners on 25/5/2006 at 17:35

Ayutthaya or Sukhotai?

Posted by robbo on 23/5/2006 at 15:21

Hi somtam 2000! Love your work!! Hope you can enlighten us. As we are going to Laos in October and to Thailand in November, we are trying to work out our trip. At the moment the Thailand trip is crammed: We arrive Chiang Mai 31 October; Sukhotai 10th Nov.; Ayutthaya 14th Nov.; Kanchanaburi 17th Nov; Hua Hin 21st Nov.; Bangkok 26th Nov. flying back to Sydney Australia on 30th November. Does this sound ok to you? We thought perhaps you could recommend which of either Sukhothai or Ayutth ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,676 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by robbo on 24/5/2006 at 15:58

Which islands would you recommend?

Posted by tokyobelle on 22/5/2006 at 19:00

I'm wondering if anyone could recommend an island/s and or beaches for two women in their late twenties? We're looking for something that's an all night party pit but neither a family friendly locale with zero nightlife. Ideally, it would be something inbetween the two extremes. We'll also be there in August and we're leaning towards the East Coast, but could be persuaded to the West. Thanks in Advance! Belle ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,799 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tokyobelle on 23/5/2006 at 18:41

Big Johns guesthouse BKK

Posted by DannyJ on 30/4/2006 at 21:28

Hey people, hope everyone's happy today! Has anyone stayed at Big Johns guesthouse in Bangkok?? i've been looking at their website ( http://www.bigjohnsworld.com/index.htm ) and i'm quite interested as it seems like quite a cool place in a decent area. Anyone got any comments they'd like to share? about the place or area?? Cheers in advance, Peace and love, Danny J ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,691 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by samfong on 19/5/2006 at 17:28

Bangkok - Ayutthaya - Chaing Mai

Posted by Blueeyedboy13 on 17/5/2006 at 22:01

I want to travel from Bangkok to Chaing Mai, stopping off for a day in Ayuttaya. Is it possible to get the bus/train to Ayutthaya in the morning, do the tourist thing during the day, and then get a train/bus in the evening to Chaing Mai? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,801 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/5/2006 at 17:14

Udon Thani to Siem Reap

Posted by scudder3 on 17/5/2006 at 10:54

Hello fellow Travelfish, I am taking a trip to Thailand & Laos for 6 weeks in July. I am heading north to Chang Mai, Pai and then across to Laos (to take the slow boat, fast boat or bus to Nam Tha is a whole other post). Once back in Bangkok I head south for about a week (or whatever time is left before my flight home) to briefly visit Raileh Beach, Phi Phi, Phang Nga and east for some time on Koh Phangan & Koh Tao. I would like to see at least one ancient ruin site while on my trip. As ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,330 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 19/5/2006 at 09:27

The twin towers or Thai hotel

Posted by Lecker on 18/5/2006 at 00:07

Any suggestions on wich one of both to stay at? The Thai hotel is featured in the lonely planet but otherwise litlle reviews about it. The twin towers vs. Thai hotel thanks for you help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,198 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/5/2006 at 06:18

which beach/island?

Posted by VeganAlex on 17/5/2006 at 06:20

I finally got my tickets to Bangkok! I'll be there the whole of septmber and 1st week of october and most of the time I´ll be travelling through northern thailand and laos. But I definately want to spend a few days laying on a hammock on the beach before I get back to madrid. I don't know how long I'll be at the beach because I don't know how long I'll be travelling around N Thailand and Laos, but I suppose I'll end up having one week. I narrowed my options down to three. Krabi (and around), Ko ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,343 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/5/2006 at 21:05

Electric adapters!

Posted by kguinn on 17/5/2006 at 04:20

I'm leaving for BKK tomorrow (!) so this is a pretty last minute question... I have a charger for my digital camera battery, and the charger is rated up to 240 V, so I think I only need an outlet adapter thing for thailand and most of the rest of SEA, as opposed to some transformer deal, right? Just confirming that... And second, should I buy the adaptor here (in Vancouver) or are they fairly easy to find in Bangkok? I'm pretty certain I'll be able to find just about anything I might want, an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,460 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by kguinn on 17/5/2006 at 05:07

Clearing customs at BKK airport

Posted by marianwarren on 16/5/2006 at 06:08

Hi Am looking for approximate time to clear customs as I want to book an ongoing flight to Chiang Mai. I believe it is cheaper to advance book than to walk on, also some flights (NokAir) have varying prices according to time of flight. Any guesstimates will be gratefully accepted. Kind Regards Marian ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,150 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 16/5/2006 at 14:48

the 'bangkok to singapore' route, then...

Posted by catisfaction on 16/5/2006 at 00:10

Hi there! Myself and my boyfriend are in the process of planning our summer; 60 days (start of July 06 until September 06) in Southeast Asia. I've bought my flight tickets, but thats about it really... I was wondering if anyone has any advice on which route would be good to take and cheap ways to travel? We're flying to Bangkok, heading towards Singapore, via Surat Thani, but thats about all I know so far... then possibly on to Bali / Lombok, and Borneo, or possibly the Phil ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,406 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/5/2006 at 05:54

car travel

Posted by meandher on 10/5/2006 at 13:51

I understand that public is efficient and readily available, and from a few posts here and other forums that car hire is an alternative option, as I am from Oz driving on the correct side of the road is not an issue and I have driven in Malaysia and Singapore, but wondered if it is possible and feasible to progressively hire a car with driver even if a taxi from one location to another. Plan to use Trains/buses progressively Bangkok to Chiang Mai, then fly to Udon Thani or go to Nong Khai via L ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,201 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 15/5/2006 at 04:09

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page