Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

KANCHANABURI TO CHIANG MAI

Posted by Red on 4/7/2006 at 12:38

Could someone please tell me if there is anyway of getting from Kanchanaburi to Chiang Mai, without going back to Bkk then on to Chiang Mai. Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 20,313 times, with 4 replies.

Book your Thailand travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Chaid Mai

Posted by Louie on 7/7/2006 at 12:23

Has it been raining heavily in Chaig Mai as it has been in the lower provinces, thinking of going up there for a week on the 12th of July. Any ideas about the weateher. Also i no some treks and tours can be not as they seem, does anyone have any suggestions of reputable companies, i've heard to avoid long tours and stick to day packages. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,078 times, with 1 reply.

Beaches

Posted by Red on 6/7/2006 at 05:46

Hi exacto, I was just wondering if you could tell me if there are any nice beaches between BKK and Hua Hin? We would like to have 2 or 3 days at a beach area before we head home. We don't really want to go to the more popular areas because of the time and distance from BKK. If we can go by bus of train to one of these areas that would be fine. I've read that Hua Hin is a nice little fishing village and has a reasonable beach, but if there is anything around that area also, that would be fine. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,497 times, with 4 replies.

Boarders and Beaches

Posted by clareabell on 30/6/2006 at 08:44

Hi Travefish I love this site!! I have two Questions :) My b/f and I are going to travel through Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam for 5 weeks in Sept and Oct. 1) We are planning on travelling overland from Bangkok to Siem Reip (through the poipet boarder). Will we make it there in a day? Is there a better overland option? And how much should I budget? 2) We are on a budget and would like to spend the last week (last week of Oct) on a beautiful beach in Thailand (or anywhere) to chil ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,502 times, with 8 replies.

Riverside Guest Houses

Posted by Tilapia on 8/7/2006 at 00:10

Hi, Anyone know any nice riverside guest houses in the Samsen District? I've been staying around Phra Athit for years and am looking for something different and, preferrably, on the water. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,889 times, with no replies.

Zoos

Posted by Red on 6/7/2006 at 07:58

What would be the better zoos to visit in Thailand please. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,801 times, with no replies.

May Weather in Thailand

Posted by jcrowder on 5/7/2006 at 08:21

Hi, What is the weather like in Thailand in May, particularily the southern region? Websites say it is the start of monsoon season, does that mean it will rain hard for an hour, or rain all day? Jeff ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,467 times, with 2 replies.

Fan or Aircon in December?

Posted by EmjayReet on 5/7/2006 at 15:32

Hi I have heard mixed reviews on whether fan or aircon is best when getting accommodation? Most places I have ended up opting for fan (eg: the resort in Koh Phangan said I was much better with fan due to sea breeze). Is this the case or should I have gotten air con in December? The places I have chosen fans are Ko Phangan, Chiang Mai & Khao Sok... Thanks Emjay ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,180 times, with 3 replies.

Elephant traing centre Lampang

Posted by marianwarren on 5/7/2006 at 17:24

Are there other things to do in lampang or is visiting the elephant training centre regarded as a day trip from Chiang Mai? I am having trouble finding detailed (or any) info about this. Rgards Marian ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,298 times, with 1 reply.

Ko Pha Ngan at Xmas & New Year time

Posted by MILKDOG on 3/7/2006 at 23:21

Hi, Me and a friend will be in Ko Pha Ngan around Xmas and New Year and just wanted to check if we are best booking our accomodation before we arrive and can anybody recommend a good place/area to stay over this period?? Many thanks Milkdog ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,855 times, with 5 replies.

bangkok international airport storage?

Posted by translasian on 4/7/2006 at 23:06

OK - so I read the previous posts regarding this issue - Im just interested in knowing if anyone has actually had any first-hand experience. I'm particularly concerned about security, cost and limits. I'm looking to store a laptop and a guitar for a month so Im a little weary about the matter. Any info would be much appreciated, ~ J ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,431 times, with 1 reply.

Malaria Tablets

Posted by MILKDOG on 3/7/2006 at 23:24

Hi, I've decided to take the Malarone pills when travelling throught the North of Thailand/Lao/Cambodia/Vietnam but the prices here in the UK are really expensive. Will I be able to buy them in Bangkok at a cheaper price, and is this wise?? Cheers Milkdog ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,379 times, with 2 replies.

Haggling

Posted by breccan on 25/6/2006 at 18:44

I'd like to hear people's tips and advice on haggling in Thailand, or anywhere. I hate doing it! Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,182 times, with 6 replies.

Laid back places in northern thailand + internet access in room?

Posted by webno on 1/7/2006 at 16:34

Can anyone recommend a place where I can hook up my laptop and still enjoy the beauty of the country? Like a resort, a small bungalow or alike. I'm searching for a place to stay in northern thailand for one month. Provinces chiang mai, chiang rai, lampun are prefered. For my one man business it's essential that I have a fairly reliable internet connection in my room. Other than the ADSL connection (wifi or cable) I don't need much, starting from a one room place with cold water 220V. Basi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,761 times, with 6 replies.

Koh Phangan on November

Posted by wailing1 on 1/7/2006 at 19:32

I know it is the raining season in Koh Phangan. Can anyone tell me how worse is it? Rain all day or shower? Cannot go out for snorkelling? No sun-shine all day? Rough seas? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,931 times, with 2 replies.

Travelfish Howto: How do I get from Bangkok to Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao?

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/6/2006 at 17:30

We've just added the first in a series of stories that is tackling some of the more common routes that travellers are undertaking during their trip. We decided to start with one of the most common, the Bangkok to Ko Samui/Ko Pha Ngan/Ko Tao journey. You can read the full story here. We'll be doing Siem Reap to Ko Chang next week, and if you have other requests, please add them into this thread. Thanks & have a good weekend! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,150 times, with no replies.

Can I buys me some mosquito spray in Thailand and do I need long pants?

Posted by Benjamin on 13/6/2006 at 16:50

Hi gang. This is my third post and I have wicked success with my other posts. This site rocks. 1) I am hearing that deet is a Thailand must. Do I need to buy it before I get to Thailand or is there ample opportunity to buy it there? 2) Do i need long pants and long sleeves to check out temples? I'm bringing a small pack and don't want to bring what isn't essential. Peace Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,797 times, with 4 replies.

Climate Aug/Sept. and best locations

Posted by markus212 on 29/6/2006 at 02:18

I have never been to Thailand and am planning a two week trip for the last week of August and the first week of September. I am wondering what the wheather should be like? If it rains a few hours a day and then the sun will be out again that's okay, but might it be raining all day for several days in a row? I've heard that the eastern side of the peninsula is dryer than the western side - does anyone have any recommendations for destinations on the eastern side? Thanks so much, Ma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,376 times, with 3 replies.

Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son areas

Posted by tennie on 20/6/2006 at 10:57

Hello, My original travel plans was about one and a half week in Northern Thailand and I was hoping to incorporate Chiang Mai, Pai, Soppong and Mae Hong Son in that time - for some trekking and then relaxing generally. (by the way it's my first time in Thailand) Anyhow, I'm now restricted with time as I realised I'll only have about 5 days in the North. So - I'd like to get some opinion from people as to whether it would still be worth it to try and get to Pai (because it sounds great! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,154 times, with 5 replies.

Bangkok to Koh Phan Yang

Posted by DannyJ on 27/6/2006 at 16:51

Hey guys, hope everyones happy today! I was just wondering if anyone could let me know how long i should allow for this journey? I won't be in any hurry but a rough idea would be nice... I was thinking about getting the train rather then the bus for the trip to Suri Thani as it's suppose to be a more comfortable trip, any comments? Also a ball park figure for a price would help? I'm demanding today, he he! Thanks in advance for any help or comments. Peace and love, Danny J ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,229 times, with 1 reply.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page