Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Arrive Bangkok 11/03

Posted by Roamingrl77 on 15/10/2009 at 02:39

Hi Everyone, I'm a 30 yr old canadian girl coming to thailand / laos for 6 weeks. I land in Bkk on Nov 3, going to stay for a few days. I'm then going to go north and then onto Laos and eventually make it back to the thai beaches. That is the loose plan anyway. If anyone wants to have a friend in Bkk for some food and drink then drop me a line and we can arrange. kellytabor@live.com cheers everyone, have fun travelling! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,709 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Dylan on 15/10/2009 at 04:18

tri state area

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 14/10/2009 at 05:13

[25 year old male] anyone from the tri state area ( new york-new jersey) gonna be in SEA december thru january? if you are email me at jasonkim8486@yahoo.com for a travel buddy. i plan on seeing most of thailand, malaysia and laos. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,212 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jasonkim8486 on 15/10/2009 at 04:03

25Oct- Bangkok-Cambodia-Vietnam-South Thailand

Posted by Ingrids on 7/10/2009 at 08:19

I'm going to Bangkok 25th Oct and I`ll spend about 4 days there. After I`m planning go to Cambodia (Siem R. and PP), Vietnam (Saigon) and Thailand again (Islands). Is somebody panning go about this date? I`m 33y.o., Brazilian but I`m in Australia in this moment. Cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,312 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Ingrids on 12/10/2009 at 15:17

Looking for company on Chiang Dao trek Dec '09

Posted by kittyellis on 9/10/2009 at 09:03

Hello Travelfishers, I have a 2 day trek reservation through Chiang Dao Nest, beginning Dec. 13,'09. I'm a solo (female, over 60, fairly fit, not a complainer) traveler and would welcome company on the trek - keeping the price reasonable would be nice, too. If any of you have been thinking of a CD trek and would like to join forces, let me know. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,608 times, with no replies.

October is when the madness begins

Posted by chatz on 21/5/2009 at 06:08

Hola Compadr I'm currently in Ireland soaking up the the rain but roll on 5th October its SE Asia time 3 months of pubs, clubs and parties plus a bit of sightseeing, no point traveling half way round the world and only seeing the inside of the accomadation SE Asia has to offer. However i'm not one for making plans i just go with the flow, a bit of a experiment so to speak. Currently i'm a 4th year Cultural Studies graduate, who is seeking a coupla party animals who like to booze it, smoke i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,899 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by rachael27 on 5/10/2009 at 16:31

Traveling Solo in SE Asia, Northern China, Korea and Japan

Posted by JunglistSolja on 4/10/2009 at 22:17

Hey there my name is Mark I'm 28 and from Toronto, Canada. I am going to be traveling in South East Asia arriving somewhere in southern Thailand on Jan 25 09. From there I plan on making my way to Beijing over the next 3 months leaving there on May 9 10. I will then be spending 20 days in South Korea and 20 days in Japan. This message is shouting out to anyone whom is going to be in or around those areas that wants to see whats out there. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,337 times, with no replies.

looking for travel buddies for Thailand, Nov. 09

Posted by enj503 on 8/7/2009 at 11:16

Am planning a solo trip to Thailand in Nov. 09. Will be there for four weeks. Looking for others to hang out/travel with. Am in my 40s and not into bars and partying. My idea of entertainment is dinner, some drinks and good conversation. Starting in Bangkok, Kanchaburi, Chang Mai, Angkor Wat then somewhere in Andaman Islands. Looking for quiet guesthouses in all these locations. Respond if you'll be in the area during that timeframe and maybe we can hook up. From Portland, Oregon, USA ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,317 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by krabifarmstay on 4/10/2009 at 16:17

Loop di loop: Bangkok - Cambodia - Vietnam - Laos mid Oct - Dec

Posted by Ru on 2/9/2009 at 03:00

Hi peeps. Am going solo on a loop Bangkok > Cambodia > Vietnam > Laos > Bangkok from around Oct 18/20... back to Bangkok for early December then keep a going to AUZ, NZ and South America. Maybe tomorrow.. Lassie would be proud.. I don't really have an idea yet of what shape of a loop - like to have a bit of spontanaeity on the way. I'm a fella, 29 from Ireland. If you cross paths and want to tell tales sip some beers and have a laugh hit me back. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,715 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Ingrids on 29/9/2009 at 12:48

backpacking around se asia aug-nov anyone aroud?

Posted by andwhat on 2/9/2009 at 20:28

hi everyone i'm 28yr old carpenter taking a year or so out. am curently on koh pha-ngan but heading up to chiang mai and pai at the beginning of sept looking to head through laos and cambodia then to vietnam and malayasia although nothing is set in stone!!! if there's anyone who around drop my a line on here or andyb123@rocketmail.com peace and regards, andrew ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,792 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Pokol on 25/9/2009 at 21:12

Solo in Laos starting next weekend... Anyone around?

Posted by hdelcour on 23/9/2009 at 15:08

Hi everyone, I am a 32 year old Belgian woman traveling solo in the region for a few months. Just spent a few weeks in Thailand which was fun and am now crossing the border into Laos next weekend in Chiang Khong / Huay Xay. I have no concrete plans for my visit to Laos yet and would like to find someone to tag along with for a little while. If anyone is around you can contact me on hdelcour@yahoo.com. Looking forward to hearing from you, Hannelore ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,731 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by buecax on 23/9/2009 at 15:26

Laos in october

Posted by christay2009 on 21/9/2009 at 08:00

hey i'm arriving in Laos at the start of October amd will be working my round the north for a while if anyone is interesting in meeting for a bit, either to travel or just to eat/drink my email is chris.taylor.ctt@hotmail.co.uk ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,319 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by LoganT on 22/9/2009 at 07:27

LP: Looking for companions for special 1-day tour

Posted by lennybruce on 18/9/2009 at 15:33

I am going to be in LP on Oct 25 - Oct 30 and have found an unusual and therefore pricey 1 day tour from a very good and special tour organizer that I know from my visits to Cambodia. I am wandering if I can find any companions (2 - 3) to bring the cost down. Here's the info: " Luang Prabang – Life on the Mekong Today you’ll escape the tourist hubs in town and see Luang Prabang through local eyes. First, you will drive up the Mekong to the village of Pak Ou. From here board a small bo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,604 times, with no replies.

Anyone in THailand Sep15th to Sep 30th?

Posted by trevmac on 11/8/2009 at 18:27

Im 26/m/aussie travelling solo to Thailand 15th to the 30th Sept 09 - probably spend most of it in Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. Plan to head to the Half Moon Party on the 25th, but no definate plans made yet. If youre a guy/girl heading to Thailand around this time and wanna meet up/party/explore - or even just meetup for a drink somewhere, then let me know. Hopefully going to try and go on a backpackers/tourist tour somewhere along the way. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,669 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by parththefirst on 16/9/2009 at 13:42

Winter in SE Asia

Posted by miQuel on 27/7/2009 at 17:54

Hi, mi name is Miquel, from Barcelona, Spain 40 Years but look like 30.. :D Winther in SE Asia? Guesthouses, bungalows In beaches and natural parks, Orangutans, rice fields, mosques, temples, trains, buses, ferrys, colonial cities, gastronomy, and people, maaaaaaany people... And photos, i want take millions of photos.... The life there is cheap (transport, food and accommodation), and with shared expenses even more. The 16 October land in Kuala Lumpur, Malasia... back to Spain ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,296 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by miQuel on 16/9/2009 at 01:40

5 days Angkor Wat Cycling Trip, Sept-Oct

Posted by blakenschan on 7/9/2009 at 22:25

I am very keen on this trip(pls see the link below). Would like to do it very soon - no later than Oct. Need two more members to keep the cost reasonable. Let's get it set. http://www.asia-adventures.com/cambodia/cambodia-activities/cycling-cambodia/angkor-explorer-cycle-tour-5D.php ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,183 times, with no replies.

Thailand - September

Posted by momo82 on 5/9/2009 at 00:41

Hi there, Ive responded to a few threads on here buut thought I might as well start my own thread. Anyways just arrived in Bangkok on my ownsome, it's as daunting as I thought it would be. Stuck in the middle of Ko San Road, need to get out here as soon as possible. I think ive had enough of listening to Black Eye Peas (as bad as they are lol). I'll probably be here for another day at least, really wanna see the Grand Palace. From there, I'm pretty open as to where I will go next. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,341 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by andwhat on 6/9/2009 at 15:00

SE Asia July to Aug/Sep 09

Posted by liznz on 18/6/2009 at 09:45

Hi all, I will be in Kuala Lumpur from the 9 July and from there will be backpacking around SE Asia hoping to finish in Bangkok end of Aug or beginning of Sept. At the moment my route look like this: KL - Singapore Sing - Siem Reap SR - Pnom Penh PP - HCMC HCMC - HANOI HANOI - VIENTANE VT - LUANG PRABANG LP - CHANG MAI CM - BANGKOK Also hoping to fit Manila in there somewhere. My routes are flexible. Because I'm a female, don't really want to travel alone so a travel compan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,872 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by trevmac on 31/8/2009 at 11:25

Laos - August/Sept 2009

Posted by yozza2009 on 11/7/2009 at 22:11

Hey, I'll be arriving in Vientiane in the last week of August, spending around 21 days in the country. My itinerary is a northern loop, heading close to the Chinese border at Muang Sing, before heading eastwards. I'll be traveling alone, but would hope to meet some travel companions along the way. I'm a 22 year-old British male. Get in touch. Yoz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,021 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by rabbisaur on 26/8/2009 at 07:26

Lonely in Paradise!! (currently on Koh Samui travelling Thailand, Malaysia, Oz & South Africa)

Posted by jenny_wickett on 29/5/2009 at 18:42

I’ve been in Thailand for over 3 weeks now and the only peeps I have met were on 2 week holidays or not actually travelling (eg working there or at the end of travels!). I’m starting to feel really down, been out on my own a few times but feeling really sad eating and drinking alone. I’ve been up to peeps and had a chat, given out my number and even tried to arrange meet ups on here but nothing seems to come right. Is it me!!!? So many people tell me how easy it is to meet other travelle ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,943 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by andwhat on 14/8/2009 at 11:14

solo

Posted by andwhat on 14/8/2009 at 11:07

hi everyone i arrived bangkok staying on khao san rd just looking to get away from the hustle and bustle somewhere quiet? i'm in se asia for 12 weeks before moving on to oz! anybody got any helpful routes / tips for me or anyone fancy joining me on a journey? regards and peace and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,310 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page