Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

First time traveller, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia Jul/Aug 09

Posted by sidewinder on 19/5/2009 at 06:45

Right, off on my first SE Asia trip at the end of June for roughly 6 weeks (doing Oz at the end afterwards) Thailand, Cambodia and Malaysia, no specific route, Im very flexible. Sightseeing, relaxation, and LOTS of partying is on my agenda, I want to make the most of this trip! As it is my first time, I'm a bit apprehensive about being on my own so it would be cool to get in contact with anyone there at the same time, whether they would be a fellow first timer or a seasoned pro! Im a 25 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,328 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by matt89 on 18/6/2009 at 15:02

S.E.A early june

Posted by matt89 on 18/6/2009 at 14:50

hey im heading to thailand in early june with not too many plans and about 2 months to play with im hoping to also hit vietnam, laos and cambodia so il be travelling quite fast. but yeah im mostly interested in seeing the culture and any cool stuff out there but am only 19 so parties are welcome. anyone out there should hit me up itd be awesome to have people to meet out there for the first few days before i meet people. also if anyone is doing a similar trip it would be sick to travel with y ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,916 times, with no replies.

Bangkok - Cambodia - HCMC in August

Posted by z3r082 on 16/6/2009 at 12:53

Gday all.. Ive planned a trip over land from Bangkok, through cambodia to HCMC over the course of about 3 weeks. im 25/m/Australia, it would be cool to travel withsome for some or all of the journey... thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,744 times, with no replies.

kho tao?

Posted by katbob on 11/6/2009 at 16:55

we are two ladies travelling from bangkok to kho tao then to kho chang. does anyone want to join us. we are very funny (we think so) and friendy. males or females email- kat_freestone@hotmail.com mr_chb11@hotmail.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,890 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by katbob on 12/6/2009 at 11:03

Arrive Singapore September 2nd 2009 - Leave Bankok 2nd November 2009 :)

Posted by Chrismunky on 8/6/2009 at 21:02

Hi !!! Im Chris, 28 in South Manchester. Im a club promoter, dj and am up for meeting anyone interested in the below: Ive just bought a ticket to Melborne via South East Asia, leaving on the 1st September 2009. I'll be flying to Singapore and leaving to OZ, 8 weeks later, out of Bankok. Im meeting friends, family and creative peoples. I have loose plans for my trip between Singapore and my flight to Melborne. Im just working on getting some more info on sights, hostels, beaches, food and t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,477 times, with no replies.

Solo traveler - Ko Pha Ngan - Jun 5-8

Posted by khunger on 30/5/2009 at 13:05

Hi all, Vineet from India here - been backpacking for the past few weeks through Cambodia and Vietnam, and heading for Ko Tao and Ko Pha Ngan from June 2-8. Is anyone else here planning on being there at the same time? If so, do reply, and we should catch up once we get there! Peace, Vineet ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,802 times, with no replies.

Currently in Northern Thailand

Posted by lia444 on 30/5/2009 at 08:51

Hi :) I am in Chang Mai until Sunday/Monday and then continuing on my own perhaps to pai and eventually in to laos over the next week. Is anyone else traveling alone (or in a group) and looking for travel friends?? -Lia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,717 times, with no replies.

Traveling Malaysia and Indonsia in starting at the end o fo July

Posted by mcleanlee22 on 29/5/2009 at 13:40

Hi I currently livin Qingdao China. I will be traveling Malaysia and Indonesia at the end of july. Im looking for someone relaxed to travel with. I'm into photography so must of by time Is spent relaxing and taking photos. Email me at mcleanlee22@yaho.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,158 times, with no replies.

Traveling 4 countries from May 4th to July 22nd...wanna meet up?!

Posted by kennedy0826 on 19/4/2009 at 11:58

Hellllooooo fellow travelers! My name's Kathleen. First let me tell you a bit about myself: I'm 23-years-old. I'm originally from Chicago, IL (USA) and then moved to Oregon for university. There I studied magazine writing with an emphasis on environmental writing. In October '08 I picked up and moved to Busan, South Korea to teach English with the eventual plan of traveling SEA after my contract. Well, I couldn't wait any longer so I broke my contract and will start traveling on May 4th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,366 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by starlitdazzle on 16/5/2009 at 21:41

Thailand, islands, and Cambodia June/July 09

Posted by jazzabelle on 31/3/2009 at 01:33

Two girls, planning on spending 2 weeks on 3 different Thai islands, 4-5 days in North Thailand (Chaing Mai area), 4-5 days in SR, Camobodia, 4-5 days around Bangkok area. Traveling between June 10 - July 7. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,438 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by jazzabelle on 14/5/2009 at 20:19

Thailand Arrival 31st July

Posted by Andy7575 on 12/5/2009 at 16:55

Hey guys im looking for adventure! Im an aussie male rocking up in Bangkok with no plans and will go where the wind blows.I have been to Thailand before it would be great to meet people upon arrival and have just go for it! I would follow other plans as I am easy going, I have a one way ticket and plan to have a long trip! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,556 times, with no replies.

Thailand, Mayagar, Laos, Cambodia and Indonesia

Posted by Sygil on 25/4/2009 at 06:30

Hey:) I am leaving Sydney on the 23rd Of June. Thailand will be my first destination and then.. Will see :) I on my way home, home is Poland. I want to spent 8 weeks travelling. If you have similar plans... :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,552 times, with no replies.

26yo Male, currently in Northern Vietnam, figures a travel buddy for a bit might be cool

Posted by gingermark on 7/4/2009 at 12:15

I have been travelling for 3 months mainly overland through Russia, Mongolia, China, Japan & South Korea, and am currently in Hanoi, although I suspect I will be heading south in 3 or 4 days. Don't currently have any concrete plans now apart from heading south - so if you do feel free to impose them on me! I would like to also go to Laos, and would be happy to spend some time in Thailand. Am also coming around to the idea of Cambodia. If money allows Malaysia is also a possibility - am hea ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,481 times, with no replies.

Southeast Asia from April 1 - May 14

Posted by mmattes on 26/2/2009 at 02:10

I'm a 25 year old Caucasian male, recent medical school graduate heading to Southeast Asia from April 1 - May 14, looking for a travel companion(s) for that time. I'd like to spend some time in Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, and possible also in Malaysia or Indonesia. I tend to stay mostly in hostels, and I like to do some combination of cultural and outdoorsy things, probably spending more time in the country than the city. I tend to like to keep active and on the move, so I may not ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,929 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by hazelle on 4/4/2009 at 00:54

Travel buddy

Posted by pavlos1986 on 30/3/2009 at 03:15

Hi im looking for an easy going travel buddy to travel around south east asia with. Im planning on going last week of april for 3 months. if your interested email me: pavlos1986@msn.com or add me on facebook: pavlos hercules philippou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,906 times, with no replies.

Looking for company :-) SE asia Oct 2009 for 6 months

Posted by think87 on 7/3/2009 at 09:04

I 21 male and am going to do a month in thailand, laos, cambodia, malaysia, singapore and vietnam starting in October and going till march. Schedule is open ended im a full fledged backpacker and travel light and cheap. like to live with the locals and see village life. look forward to hearing from some one to tag along with me. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,360 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Dylan on 21/3/2009 at 01:42

Need a travelling companion for Cambodia and Laos trip

Posted by manlyboy on 2/3/2009 at 12:46

I will travel solo in March in Cambodia and Laos My plan will be following draft itinerary: 16 March, arrive Saigon 17 March, Sai gon 18 March, Phnom Penh 19 March, Phnom Penh 20 March, Phnom Penh - Siem Reap 21 March, Siem Ream 22 March, Siem Reap 22 March, Vientiane 23 March, Vientiane – Luang prabang 24 March, Luang Prabang 25 March, Luang prabang – DBP 1. Does anyone recommend a clean, safe guesthouse following itinerary? 2. Did anyone do this trip before? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,588 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by manlyboy on 9/3/2009 at 12:37

Trip to Vietnam -> Cambodia -> Thailand -> ?

Posted by kenlam on 25/2/2009 at 18:03

Trip to Vietnam -> Cambodia -> Thailand -> ? My friend and I come from Hong Kong & we are just in our third day of our long journey to Vietnam -> Cambodia -> Thailand (considering to visit Malasyia & Singapore later if time is allowed). We are staying in Ha Noi right now & plan to leave this city and then go to the south along the coastline within these 2 days. If anyone who are interested to join us for the journey pls leave message here so we can meet each other in some cplace. We can ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,469 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by kumanan86 on 4/3/2009 at 23:18

33yo m, artist/highschool teacher, July 14th-August 6th 2010 in Thailand/Laos

Posted by acresinorillia on 14/6/2010 at 10:34

Viewed 2,192 times, with no replies.

Need a nice hostel with friendly price inclusion buffet breakfast in Hue city?

Posted by tigonhostel on 27/7/2013 at 05:27

Viewed 937 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page