Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Wildlife at Risk (WAR) in Vietnam

Posted by DCM on 23/11/2011 at 02:08

Hello, I have tried to search the forum and site but haven't had any luck finding info on the Wildlife Rescue Center in Vietnam. Have you been there? If so, could you please provide some feedback on your experience of the place? Easy to get to? Good cause to support/visit? Did you see much wildlife or get to help/or interact? Thank you for any info. David PS - I volunteered last year at the Elephant Nature Park in Thailand for 7 days and had a great time. Was looking for something somewha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,473 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by TSTVietNam on 25/11/2011 at 03:05

4 weeks in Vietnam- NEED HELP!

Posted by juniordart23 on 21/11/2011 at 01:51

Saturday 24th Dec Fly from Melbourne to Ho Chi minh Sunday 25th Dec Ho Chi Minh Monday 26th Dec Ho Chi Minh Tuesday 27th Dec Mekong Delta/can Tho Wednesday 28th Dec Mekong Delta/can Tho/ maybe Vinh Long Thursday 29th Dec Mekong Delta /Can tho Friday 30th Dec Back from Can Tho to HCMC Ho Chi Minhà fly to con dao island, arrive 2pm Saturday 31st Dec Con dao island Sunday 1st January Con dao island Monday 2nd January Fly back to HCMC, 2pm stay in HCMC Tuesday 3rd January Trav ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,394 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by altmtl on 22/11/2011 at 11:12

Best way to reach Vietnam

Posted by renald on 21/11/2011 at 03:01

Hi..... One of our relatives are planning to go for Vietnam next month with their family and 2 children of age 5 and 9. They are unaware of the ways to reach, what to explore, where to stay, cost of trip, climatic conditions... Please if anybody experienced personally to Vietnam help here with valuable sharings and suggest how to make a perfect trip there. Thanks in advance for helpful replies..... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,236 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by renald on 22/11/2011 at 04:23

safe swimming halong bay?

Posted by andun on 21/11/2011 at 05:30

hi anybody been swimming in halong bay lately? I gather alote of tours stop to let customers swim, but i understand there can be alot of boat traffic...is it safe/ clean? many thanks for any help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,434 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 21/11/2011 at 13:15

Hanoi-Hue-Hoi'an

Posted by caseyprich on 13/10/2011 at 09:08

Considering Hanoi- Hue -Hoi'an for between 6-8 days as a forerunner to my trip to Malaysia at the end of January. I have a friend moving to Hue and thought I'd take advantage to go visit just before the start of Tet - then I'm off to KL. Of course I've looked around the sight, but respect all your opinions and having never been to Northern Vietnam I thought I'd ask for recommendations for your particular favorites. Given time, and that I've seen karsts and want to travel budget, I'll probabl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,112 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by jaclynn on 21/11/2011 at 04:39

Phu Quoc to Siem Reap by bus or air?

Posted by WILLIAMS5 on 18/11/2011 at 14:14

What would be the best bus route to make this journey? Would you do it in one day or need to break at PP? Also .. is it cheaper to purchase domestic air tickets in Vietnam. We are travelling in January 2012 (peak season) so want to know if we should secure flights before we leave if really necessary. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,451 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by oasisbarhatien on 21/11/2011 at 00:02

Vietnam for 3 full days

Posted by rukiasan on 20/11/2011 at 07:14

Hello guys, i just happen to bump into this forum and so far, its been helpful ....however, I'm wondering any of you can recommend/advise on what we can do in only 3 full days of visit in Vietnam..i know it's tooooo short but I do intend to go back. but for now, I wanted to just have a little get-away anyway with my husband. I read about Hoi An being preferred more than Nha Trang? Im beginning to be more interested with the idea of old town + culture + beach in Hoi An so, I'm wondering if our ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,902 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 20/11/2011 at 21:50

HOI TO HCMC - fly, train or bus

Posted by WILLIAMS5 on 16/11/2011 at 14:02

We are flying up to Hoi An from HCMC but considering travelling on land for the return leg. Is this a very scenic route worth travelling? Are sections of it more scenic than others or is it just a long strectch of highway? Happy to break it up with bus & overnight train if feasible? Any thoughts and suggestions much appreciated. Accom in Hoi An? - clean and central for 2A & 3 teenagers? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,102 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by daawgon on 19/11/2011 at 12:46

Short Mekong DIY Tour HCMC to Rach Gia for Phu Quoc Ferry advice please

Posted by paulascott on 8/11/2011 at 00:39

Hi All We are a family with 2 teenagers on an adventure through Vietnam. Wanting to do a 2 night/3 day max Delta stopover on our way to Phu Quoc from HCMC. Would like to get the Ferry from Rach Gia. We would like to do it on the cheap so no tour package, but can anyone give me a few tips on the time needed and if the 2 days would be too rushed and where we should break the journey and overnight etc . What is there to really see & do on our way or are we better to just fly to Phu Quoc bo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,407 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by howareyou on 18/11/2011 at 18:13

Flooding in Hoi An, Hue or My Son

Posted by shawthing5 on 13/11/2011 at 03:07

Just wondering if there was still any flooding in hoi an, hue or my son area? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,946 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by VinaDestination on 18/11/2011 at 03:39

Flooding in Hoi An

Posted by Pablot on 8/11/2011 at 08:07

Last night and today flooding in Hoi An with up to about 1.5 - 2 meters water level on roads in the Ancient Town. Water levels seem to be coming down. Combination of heavy rains plus dam upriver being openned causing floods. Beware anyone coming to Hoi An! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,182 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by VinaDestination on 18/11/2011 at 03:18

transport

Posted by christine1423 on 26/7/2011 at 00:10

hi all, We are planning on staying in Nha Trang for 4 nights and then taking the train to Hoi An . The best schedule by train ii think is SE6 depart 20:18 and arrive 05:38 ? would we be able to get from danang to Hoi An this early time in the morning? If not is there anything we can do in Danang this early? The alternative would be to get the Sinh tourist open bus which i believe is fairly comfortable and goes direct. what would you folks suggest from past experience. thank you Ch ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,522 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by violets on 17/11/2011 at 17:12

buying train tickets abroad

Posted by Patrick01 on 16/11/2011 at 14:06

Has anyone had experience buying Vietnamese train tickets,outside Vietnam on the web?I found a lot of useful train info on the seat 61 website,i.e.,you must contact an actual travel service in Vietnam who will get the actual tickets for you,and send them to your hotel.I've e-mailed two different travel agents twice,and have not heard back.A bit frustrating. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,423 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Patrick01 on 16/11/2011 at 18:03

Dien Bien Phu to Hanoi

Posted by topogene88 on 8/10/2011 at 11:39

8 10 11 Oudomxai Laos Arriving in Vietnam, Dien Bien Phu on 10 10 11 from Muang Khua, Laos. Planing on going by bus on to Hanoi , stopping for a couple of days in Son La. Can anyone tell me just where in Hanoi is the My Dinh bus station or the district of My Dinh? If anyone needs up to date info on Dien Bien Phu or northern Laos please reply. Cheers Polesana ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,153 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 14/11/2011 at 20:31

con dao islands

Posted by loumichael on 28/9/2011 at 22:35

Please can anyone who has made the trip to the islands recently let me know if its worth while the flight and if its still as unspoilt as the reports say? I notice a few of the reports are a bit dated. If we are looking to do Phu quoc would you say they are similar and to only do one for a beach stay? Thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,632 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by loumichael on 14/11/2011 at 20:26

choosing places in V/nam

Posted by mansinirjain on 7/11/2011 at 08:15

Hi, my best friend and I are going to Vietnam in Jan 2012 for 7 days only. we were suggested many beautiful places but cant understand what's practical. We love beaches and rural areas. Can you please suggest what all can be seen in this time. Hanoi Hue and Danang-Nha Trang, ha long. we certainly wish to see ha long, hanoi and at least one of the 2 beaches. rest is up for debate. please help. Cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,878 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by mansinirjain on 13/11/2011 at 21:43

short beach holiday from hcmc?

Posted by flan on 8/11/2011 at 04:29

hi all I want to take a short beach holiday from HCMC (which is where I live). There are the obvious choices of Phu Quoc, Mui Ne or Nha Trang but I would really love to go somewhere a bit different, like a beach in East Thailand. I have read that its very overdeveloped there but am looking for somewhere more relaxing. I only have 5 days including travelling time, any suggestions? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,091 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by eastwest on 8/11/2011 at 07:22

How much time to allot for plane transfer in SGN? Penang Marathon?

Posted by red100 on 4/11/2011 at 12:12

Hi! I am arriving in HCMC, Vietnam on Nov 17th at 10am. I have decided to take a flight from SGN to PEN (for the Penang Bridge Marathon) AND so I only have to get a one entry visa (save some money). The flight choices I have are 11am or 6PM?! I dont really want to hang out inside the airport ALL day... Q1. Will I have to do anything (upon arrival in SGN) that would make me the 11am flight a no go? (only having 1 hr to connect- obviously barring delays in my arriving flight) Q2. Is there any ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,046 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by red100 on 7/11/2011 at 14:17

Best Indian Food in SEA

Posted by briannabloch on 7/11/2011 at 02:27

Shiva Shakti on 22 Pham Ngu Lao, Street Hue is absolutely phenomenal!! It's just left of the Hue Backpacker's Hostel and all food is cooked by an Indian chef. We ordered the lamb masala as well as the lamb rogan josh. And we ate here 3 nights in a row because it was that good. Amazing!!! You must eat here if you find yourself in Hue. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,051 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by diedbase on 7/11/2011 at 13:47

Hanoi to Tam coc

Posted by lindistar on 5/10/2011 at 21:21

Hi, We are going to be in Hanoi in January and would like to visit Tam Coc for the day. Is it easy to do this independantly or is it easier to be part of a tour? I've read that entry is 30,000dong and boat fare is 40,000dong, and thought about getting a taxi there. How much would that be roughly for my partner and I? We used a taxi like this alot in Malaysia and it wasn't too expensive,we hired the driver for the day. Can we do the same with Hanoi taxi drivers, or are we likely to get ripped ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,311 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Jenpapaya on 6/11/2011 at 21:07

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page