Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Gettin prescription glasses in Hanoi

Posted by CRASHT1224 on 21/3/2010 at 10:18

Hello, Ill be travelling to Hanoi next month. Im hoping to get aq pair of prescription sunglasses once I get there to protect my eyes. Is that a bad idea? Should I get them in the states/ Glasses are so expensive in NY.. was hoping to save some bucks in Vietnam. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,621 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ethanhunt3055 on 2/7/2011 at 17:08

easyvietnamtravel - any gos?

Posted by tandanus on 2/7/2011 at 14:25

Hi there, We are looking at spending about 17 days in Cambodia and Vietnam in October starting in Hanoi and ending in Siem Reap. A company called easyvietnamtravel (also called Footstep travel and easy[insert country name]travel) put together a good itinerary for us, but noone on the web forums seems to have heard of them - which makes me a bit suspicious. Has anyone here heard of them? Also the Vega-Travel in 24a Hang Bac, Hoàn Kiếm, (Vega-Travel.com) - is that the one people recom ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,288 times, with no replies.

Travel Adaptors

Posted by daniel4 on 27/6/2011 at 05:48

Hey folks, I'm traveling from the UK and bringing the usual Ipod with me. Just wondering what is the best travel adaptor to use and whether I also need to bring a voltage converter with me? Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,682 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by daniel4 on 1/7/2011 at 15:15

Hanoi to Saigon, URGENT!

Posted by superlaur on 25/6/2011 at 11:04

Is it possible to take the train from Hanoi to Saigon direct (i.e not hop on hop off?) im planning on going from saigon and travel north but need to get back down for a flight in saigon and the internal flights are mega expencive. if so how long would it take? Im in Cambodia atm so going north to south makes sense but as i say i need to get back down. help really appreciated as i need to arrange the visa asap thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,214 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Rasheeed on 1/7/2011 at 09:39

Travel companion - Vietnam 22 June

Posted by m13at on 3/5/2011 at 22:31

hi guys I have been using this site to plan my trip to Vietnam Cambodia and Laos, i have seen lots of posts about people after travel buddies but their dates dont seem to match, so was wondering if anyone is doing a similar trip from around late june I arrive in Hanoi Vietnam on 22 June 11, i am doing the usual route down stopping in various places such ha long bay, Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Da Lat and HCMC before heading into cambodia. PM me if anyone is interested in meeting up to do part ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,023 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by m13at on 30/6/2011 at 20:12

Honda win for sale Ho Chi Minh

Posted by JBG252 on 28/6/2011 at 23:59

Honda win for sale. Will be in Ho Chi Minh from approx. The 4th of July. Driving South from Hanoi at the moment, has been a great experience. Bike has a bag rack extension for back pack. Fits my 100 litre back pack easily. Will include full face helmet with bike for 360$. Have ownership license with bike and a rain jacket, that comes in handy if you get caught in some monsoon rain. Email me or contact me on [url=tel:0169]0169 7603698[/url]. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,252 times, with no replies.

Two semi-automatic motorbikes for sale in Hanoi!

Posted by wrighty on 28/6/2011 at 14:33

Hello! I am in Hanoi till Sunday 3rd July and have two great motorbikes to sell. Do you want to go on an adventure? Do you want to REALLY see and experience Vietnam?! Then travelling by motorbike is definitely the answer. ***Bike 1: http://img638.imageshack.us/i/photo1lt.jpg/ - Turquoise Honda Wave (110cc) - $350 (or best offer) - Price includes good helmet (with vizor), bungee chords for luggage, waterproof rain poncho, waterproof bag covers - Has lots of new parts including chain, sprocket ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,320 times, with no replies.

Travel Help! Bangkok, Laos, Ko Pha Ngan

Posted by philmill05 on 27/6/2011 at 02:08

Hi, I'm starting my year out next April and was trying to get an idea of how is best to travel from Bangkok to Laos and Ko Pan Ngan. I'm giving myself about 4weeks to do this part of my trip. Is this long enough or too long? Would be flying into and out of Bangkok airport so including how to get back to Bangkok quickly and cheaply would be helpful. Also if people think 4weeks may be too long going into Vietnam would be an option, would this be feasible on a £25-£30 a day budget? Any help on ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,369 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 27/6/2011 at 11:50

Solo Traveller

Posted by chatz on 10/6/2011 at 20:09

Howdy, 25 year old Irish guy, In saigon two days now and loving it, but has got me thinking if i'm going to be able to handle my own company for the next three weeks. Starting off is Saigon-Nha Thrang-Hoi An- Hue-Hanoi-Ha Long Bay and then a motorcycle trip to Sapa, if this Itinerary sounds anything like yours drop us an e-mail and we can do it together. By the way i love to party aswell as take in all the sights so my company is not for the faint hearted. Pint? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,174 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by goodlove on 25/6/2011 at 21:06

CON DAO ISLAND “The hell on the earth”

Posted by raiderhl on 25/6/2011 at 10:37

A protected Marine Nature Reserve, the Con Dao Islands (of whichCon Son is the largest and where you are likely to be staying) can be difficultto get to, with irregular flights from Ho Chi Minh City or an overnight ferryfrom Vung Tau.. but my goodness, it's worth it!http://www.flickr.com/photos/64446298@N03/5867933727/in/photostream/ I must confess, the highlight of any travelling around Vietnamfor me is usually the food, yet the lack of any real eating options outside ofthe main hotels didn ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,992 times, with no replies.

How long

Posted by emily2310 on 15/6/2011 at 01:35

Hey, I am off travelling in Oct, I am planning on doing some volunteering in Cambodia. I will have roughly 7 weeks to do North Thailand and Vietnam, then 3 weeks work in Cambodia, as am meeting friends in Thailand for Xmas. Is this enough time to see everything, as if it isn't I can volunteer in Thailand instead. Thanks Emily. x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,386 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by emily2310 on 21/6/2011 at 20:57

HOW LONG DO I NEED

Posted by emily2310 on 15/6/2011 at 16:06

Hey, I am going travelling at beginning of Oct, I actually have 6 months in Asia. I was going to start in North Thailand, Chaing Mai etc, I would like to go to laos, Vietnam and Cambodia where I hope to do some volunteering work in Phnom Penh. I want to be back in Southern Thailand by late Dec as I am meeting friends, from then on I have plenty of time. So am not fussed if I have to rush this first part of journey, as in it not being to relaxing, I just don't want to miss out. Is 8 weeks enou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,218 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by emily2310 on 21/6/2011 at 20:56

HCMC to Sihanoukville, scuba diving and itinerary ideas?

Posted by csawala on 20/6/2011 at 20:52

Saying goodbye to Ho Chi Minh on the 23rd of August, then planning on taking a bus to Sihanoukville (as early as possible). I have another friend flying in the morning of that same day to Phnom Penh , and I am debating whether I should just tell him to meet us in Sihanoukville, or whether we should meet up in Phnom Penh and grab the bus together to Sihanoukville. The friend I'm traveling with from HCMC has to leave the 27/28th of August, while the other friend takes off the 31st (I have an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,390 times, with no replies.

Beaches

Posted by azsha6617 on 16/6/2011 at 18:33

So far i've only experienced northern Thailand. I'd really like to relax on a dreamy, budget friendly, not so touristy beach sometime before going home (( in a month). Can this be found in Vietnam? or should i go somewhere else? Sounds nice in guidebook. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,863 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jultrip on 20/6/2011 at 11:47

Visiting HCMC in October

Posted by dkynyc on 8/6/2011 at 10:10

Hi Guys, I am a visiting Vietnam October 1st and would like to get some suggestions on places I should visit. I'll be in HCMC October 3rd to the 22 and was wondering if I can make it all the way to Hanoi and back to HCMC for a flight out? Any suggestions would be great, also any methods of travel that you would recommend. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,220 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by dan__spearman on 18/6/2011 at 12:11

Looking to Buy a Motorbike in Hanoi

Posted by trobs on 15/6/2011 at 12:03

Hi everyone, I'm currently volunteering in Hanoi and will probably be here for about 3 months and so am looking to buy a motorbike. Funds are a little limited so probably looking for something between $200-350 US. If anyone has anything please let me know Thanks Steve ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,486 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dan__spearman on 18/6/2011 at 11:05

Booking train tickets through Vietnam Impressive

Posted by LaraP on 17/8/2010 at 16:47

Hey, I'm considering booking train tickets from Hue to Hanoi through Vietnam Impressive - I just want to check that it's ok and not dodgy. Has anyone booked tickets through them? If so, can you let me know your experience and whether you'd recommend them. Thanks! Lara ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,673 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by avipatkar on 16/6/2011 at 20:13

Vietnam Hanoi --> Hue --> Da Nang --> Nha Trang --> Ho Chi Minh City

Posted by aussiegirl on 15/4/2011 at 05:16

Hi everyone I am planning a trip to Vietnam in July 2011 and wanted to know if it is best to go by plane or train to all these different hops? Also, do you think that staying: 5 night in Hanoi 2 nights in Hue 5 nights in Da Nang 4 nights in Nha Trang, and 5 nights in Ho Chi Minh City is a good amount of time? or maybe too long?? Also, is this a good website to book the train hops?.... http://www.hotelvietnamonline.com/train/fare.htm I wanted to book everything before i leave so i don't have tha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,557 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 16/6/2011 at 13:26

Extremely short trip in HCMC, advice!

Posted by kateemily on 1/6/2011 at 10:14

hey all I am travelling to HCMC for a work trip (no work involved except for the plane ride over!) and I am looking for some advice as to what to do. I think I will arrive there either late on a saturday night, or early on a sunday morning. On these types of trips we only get about 2 nights in the country, so about one full day! I was hoping to check out the war remnants museum and do some shopping, but I'm hearing mixed reviews about the Ben Thanh markets? any advice is welcome : ) thanks ~kate ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,109 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by evivatour on 16/6/2011 at 11:41

Mosquito Nets

Posted by daniel4 on 13/6/2011 at 03:29

Hey just wondering whether its advisable to bring mosquito nets to Vietnam and Cambodia- we will be in country in July ( the start of the rainy season)? Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,789 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 16/6/2011 at 11:35

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page