Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Mosquito Nets

Posted by daniel4 on 13/6/2011 at 03:29

Hey just wondering whether its advisable to bring mosquito nets to Vietnam and Cambodia- we will be in country in July ( the start of the rainy season)? Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,832 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 16/6/2011 at 11:35

How to find best Vietnam tour

Posted by nathanlee on 9/5/2011 at 11:26

Hi, My family will have about a week trip to Vietnam, how can I find the best tour packages with reasonable cost in most travel companies in Vietnam? I found this, anyone go to Vietnam with this tours? Pls share for me some your exp. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,814 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by david1118 on 15/6/2011 at 21:27

21 Days - HCMC to Hanoi

Posted by drewtheshmoo on 7/6/2011 at 05:38

Hi everyone, i'm planning on spending 21 days travelling from Chau Doc up to Hanoi , where i'll get a connecting flight back to bangkok. i've highlighted the places that i really want to visit but i'm concerned that having done that, on average it only leaves me with 2 days in each place, which, for some places is a little less than i'd've liked. I thought about spending a few days in Nha Trang unwinding after a couple of weeks of Bangkok to HCMC overland, and maybe spending more time in H ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,351 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by gatvietnam on 15/6/2011 at 19:13

Dien Bien Phu to Laos

Posted by scorch on 14/6/2011 at 19:09

I am hoping to travel from Dien Bien Phu to Laos in late July. However, I am concerned about road conditions, since this will be during the rainy season. Does anyone have information about the road conditions at this time of year? Also, from what I have read, it is the bus ride from hell. But all the forums I've read are from 5 and 6 years ago. Has anyone done this recently? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,661 times, with no replies.

Hanoi Airport

Posted by anthonychu on 13/6/2011 at 16:15

Hello. I will reach Hanoi at 14:00 Jun 16. And I plan to transfer VN845 to Siem Reap. I have to buy the ticket afther reaching Hanoi. Is it possible for me to buy the ticket and transfer within 3 hours in the international zone of the airport? Thanks a lot. It's very urgent. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,396 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by anthonychu on 14/6/2011 at 16:12

The best of Vietnam tours 2011 deals!

Posted by webvaseo on 13/6/2011 at 17:05

As a large-scale seller of Vietnam tours and Vietnam vacations We are one of the leading tour operators in Vietnam with many years of professional travel service. We provide Vietnam tour packages, adventure tours, cycling adventure tours, Halong Bay and Mekong River cruises and tours in and around the major tourist destinations in Vietnam like Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Hoi An, Halong Bay, Sapa, Mekong River, Nha Trang, etc.... Save up to 40% on Vietnam tours We keep our promise to respond ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,824 times, with no replies.

Land travel tips pleeeeease: Saigon to Hanoi

Posted by oranjelamb on 12/8/2007 at 21:27

Hi travelfishers: I am planning a trip from Saigon up to Hanoi. Only have about a week so if anyone has any suggestions on land travel that'd be most helpful. Thinking of a) the open bus trail Saigon-Nha Trang-Hoi An-Hue-Hanoi (staying a night at Hoi An), or b)Saigon-Danang-Hanoi (staying a night at Danang) by train, or c)a possible combination of bus and train? Could be a little strenous considering I don't have that much time, but I'm willing to rough it out. I could fly Saigon-H ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,843 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by rigocampos01 on 13/6/2011 at 14:12

Vinh - Border crossing from Laos

Posted by pauljaymes on 16/7/2006 at 00:08

Hi, I'm planning to take the Vientiane-Lak Sao-Cau Treo-Vinh route from Laos to Vietnam. Indications are that I can get an early bus from Vientiane, change in Lak Sao and cross the border getting to Vinh on the same day. However, nowhere can I find any info about Vinh - is there any accomodation, when do the buses/trains leave for Hanoi? all that kind of stuff. Anyone done this route? Any tips? P ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,662 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 11/6/2011 at 09:10

1 week in Cambodia vs 3rd week in Northern Vietnam?

Posted by karuthless on 9/6/2011 at 08:39

Hi guys. As part of a larger 2 month Southeast Asia tour in September/August, a friend and I will be spending time in Northern Vietnam, Laos, and possibly Cambodia. The general preference in terms of travel style is: keep the overly touristed places to a minimum, without missing out on must-sees (eg Halong), generally trying to get a feel for the place/locals/way of life (eg just sitting around in cafes and walking around, instead of rushing from museum to mausoleum), without being drowned in pa ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,348 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by karuthless on 10/6/2011 at 10:39

junk cruises Halong bay

Posted by kevnic on 8/6/2011 at 06:18

Has anyone been on a junk cruise in Halong bay with Intrepid? I am told they own & operate their own junk boats using local crews. I am very interested what peoples experieces have been. I have found the more research I do on this the more confused I become, looking for an affordable company that have high safety standards, have read a lot of horror stories re- junks, sinking, scammers, rats, cockroaces etc. Also debating if should stay one or two nights. thankyou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,122 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by kevnic on 9/6/2011 at 19:29

The other way to see South Vietnam

Posted by MSboodlefight on 9/6/2011 at 13:38

My recent trip in Ho Chi Minh Vietnam was unforgettable and memorable. We had a "Saigon After Dark Tour" which we experienced the real Saigon life at night. We had our tour with the Vespa Adventure, if u wanna go there, try this one. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,234 times, with no replies.

Hanoi - Beijing Train

Posted by jonny_lewis07 on 3/6/2011 at 04:17

Hitting Thailand > Laos > Cambodia > Vietnam from September onwards, and just crossed my mind that I may well be in Hanoi towards the end of January 2012. It also came to my attention today that Chinese New Year is February 3rd 2012, and sounds awesome! So obviously, just wondering if anybody has made the trip from North Vietnam to Beijing by train and has any information about price, length, tolerance etc? Plane stories also welcome, but I just figured immediately that it would cost ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,957 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 6/6/2011 at 17:29

Looking to buy 2 motorcycles in HCMC (Saigon) Vietnam

Posted by douluvme49 on 1/6/2011 at 19:25

My boyfriend and I are in Ho Chi Minh City right now (June 1) and looking to buy 2 motorcycles to ride up to Hanoi. If anyone is selling any please contact me. Preferably semi automatic, and with all the paperwork and ID cards. My email is Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,497 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by douluvme49 on 5/6/2011 at 20:12

Nha Trang Boat trip?

Posted by lachiec on 5/6/2011 at 13:52

Hey, from what ive read the island boat tours in Nha Trang seem to be the thing to do. I was wondering if anyone has done one of these lately? This site and lonely planet both recommend Mama Linh but the articles are a few years old. A lot of feedback seems to say that these tours have gone downhill and ive read a few bad reviews of mama linh's tour. So yeh, any recent experiences with good tour operators would be greatly appreciated thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,456 times, with no replies.

Nha Trang or Sihanoukville

Posted by lachiec on 26/5/2011 at 16:39

Hey guys, Anyone have any recommendations on where to spend more time: Koh Rong/Sihanoukville or Nha Trang/surrounding area?? Will be there in July and want to spend a week at the beach. Cheerrrs ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,605 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by lachiec on 5/6/2011 at 13:27

Motor Bikes

Posted by daniel4 on 3/6/2011 at 19:09

Ahmmm! Silly question, but do you need a bike license in Vietnam? If you don't have one, can you use your car driving license? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,749 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 5/6/2011 at 10:59

Vietnam and Thailand in 32 days - please check my itinerary and comment :)

Posted by prankmonkey on 9/2/2010 at 18:20

Dear SE Asia travellers, My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Vietnam and Thailand, arriving in HCMC on the evening of 8 July and returning home from Bangkok on 8 August. I've put together an itinerary and would be very grateful if some experienced travellers could cast their eye over it. Recommendations, suggestions, changes would be greatly appreciated. We've included a few internal flights to save time. Here we go... Day 1 - HCMC Day 2 - HCMC Day 3 - HCMC (day trip to tunnels) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,470 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by francesstella on 3/6/2011 at 20:47

2 motorbikes for sale in Hanoi!!

Posted by hayoub86 on 3/6/2011 at 17:01

Hello, If you're planning to adventure the fascinating Ho Chi Minh trail from Hanoi to HCMC/Saigon, we have two Honda's ready to go on this priceless excursion! For any info just reply to this thread.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,728 times, with no replies.

Pho joints in Saigon - Update (and a comment on weasel poop coffee)

Posted by amazon_blonde on 8/3/2009 at 20:42

Just a little update to the noodle soup places listed in the Food & Drink section for Saigon, based on what I've found in the last few days ... Bun Bo Xu (listed at 4A Tran Hung Dao) is no longer there - the location is a bubble tea shop. But 3A3 Bun Bo Hue now has an outlet at 99 Pham Ngu Lao. A bowl of BBH Bo Tai is now about 26,000 dong. There are now at least 3 Pho 24 outlets near Ben Thanh market - one on the east side and one on the west side. But the pho is pricey, a bowl is now 3 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,011 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 2/6/2011 at 19:02

Resort in Ha Long - Cat ba

Posted by Donal01 on 22/7/2010 at 14:24

Hi, My wife and I would like book Ha Long - cat ba ( 3days/2nights). overnight on Boat and resort. but my budget about : 90 - 150USD/person. Who can recommend to us? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,805 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by svendj on 2/6/2011 at 17:31

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page