Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

3 weeks in Vietnam - Advice

Posted by ChrisJenko on 20/11/2010 at 10:07

As the title suggest i am looking to start my trip with a south to north 3 week tour of vietnam. I am looking to book a flight from Sydney to HCMC on the 4th January 2011 with a flight from Hanoi to Phnom Penh, Cambodia on the 27th Jan 2011. This leaves me with 23 days to get from south to north and im after any advice on my itinerary, transport, must see sites ect. So far it looks like i will land in HCMC spend a few days here and a day trip thro the Mekong Delta possibly to Can Tho and t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,722 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by abc on 25/12/2010 at 23:30

Hanoi to Hue to nha trang??

Posted by jessicaf on 19/11/2010 at 10:59

Hi, I was wondering what the best way to get from Hanoi to Hue is? and then from Hue to Nha trang? Is this a good order or is there a better way to do this? we are trying to make our way down to Saigon, to the Mekong delta, then to Angkor Wat. from the Mekong delta what is the best way to get over to Angkor wat? we would like to avoid flying if possible, unless the flights are inexpensive. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,846 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by vivekanand on 25/12/2010 at 23:25

Sen Monorom to Vietnam 2010

Posted by pete61 on 25/12/2010 at 17:42

I read the border crossings link (is it up to date?) and am hopeful something else has opened up to cross to Vietnam without having to go so far back south. We are coming up from PP to Kratie and then over to Sen Monorom and hope to go East to Vietnam and towards the coast. Any chances now or any tips? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,886 times, with no replies.

Nice shop for your shopping

Posted by Connie09 on 25/12/2010 at 16:34

Our shop is under name of Bella May shop and it is located in no#17 Au Trieu street - Hoan Kiem district. Most of our products in the shop are being produced by our company and the price is reasonable. We are specialized in producing: - Ladies clothes in silk, chiffon, linen, organza... - Accessories in wooden, shell, beaded.... - Homewares in silk, cotton, linen, faux suede, organza... including embroidery - Handicrafts in bamboo, shell, beaded... - Export enquiries welcome. Our products are ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,557 times, with no replies.

One day in Ho Chi Minh. What can we do?

Posted by mia22 on 19/10/2010 at 21:54

Hi, a friend and I have just one day to spend in Saigon before we head out to Cambodia. We really want to maximize the time we have. We've seen the Reunification Palace and the Cuchi tunnels already so we want to see other places and do other things. Any tips on what else we can do in 24 hours? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,124 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by JiroIsCounting on 24/12/2010 at 11:49

win hotel hanoi

Posted by liema on 5/12/2010 at 09:22

Has anyone stayed at win hotel, Hanoi. or know anything about the place? It's e-mail ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,850 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by duong on 23/12/2010 at 16:41

Delta trip from HCMC to Phnomh Penh

Posted by lindag on 1/12/2010 at 20:59

We had been planning a 2 day, 1 night trip from hcmc to pp via the delta but have only been able to find one company so far that is doing a 2 day trip. No time for longer trip. Have seen some bad reviews of the company (delta adventure tours). Does anyone have recent experience or alternative suggestions? We would be prepared to pay a bit more for some comfort. Many thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,549 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by duong on 22/12/2010 at 16:14

getting a visa in cambodia

Posted by ann1986 on 16/12/2010 at 13:22

Hi, all ~~ I'm arriving in Cambodia on January 20th, then heading to Vietnam on the 26th or 27th. I've heard that it's possible to get same-day visas to Vietnam in Cambodia. Has anyone out there done this? Is it the easiest way to get a visa or is it better to organize one ahead of time? Thanks! Ann ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,339 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ann1986 on 22/12/2010 at 10:41

saigon to hanoi by land

Posted by cocoku on 18/12/2010 at 22:21

hello anyone has ever taken a land transport from saigon to hanoi? which is the fastest way and how long it takes? i am planning to spend 10 days in vietnam starts in saigon and i want to use land transport for the whole trip, tight budget thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,559 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cocoku on 19/12/2010 at 10:40

Good Food - Hanoi

Posted by daawgon on 2/12/2010 at 21:23

I just ate a great dinner in the Old Quarter at Blue Butterfly, 61 Hang Buom, really my best meal in some time in Vietnam. I was beginning to think all Viet dishes were either Pho or greasy fried foods, but now that I've had some good Viet cooking, I've changed my mind. This place is not real cheap, and not real expensive. I paid 170,000VND for a nice 3-course seafood dinner, and I will return real real soon. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,401 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 19/12/2010 at 05:09

Saigon Airport Bus 152

Posted by jaizan on 18/12/2010 at 15:19

Bus 152 runs from the airport to the centre of town. This should cost 3000 dong. The driver was charging 6000 today. A ticket inspector got on part way through the route & confirmed the price should be 3000. Do I care about the 3000 dong? Not really. However, I certainly don't like to see the driver profiting from fraud. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,097 times, with no replies.

Backpacks for sale in Hoi An - genuine?

Posted by BG111986 on 17/12/2010 at 15:17

There are dozens of shops in Hoi An selling backpacks - mainly North Face. Are these the genuine article - or is there an easy way to tell If they are genuine? If so, how much should I be paying for a 75+15L pack? I'm looking to buy one to send home, which my hotel is able to arrange. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,561 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by goonistik on 17/12/2010 at 21:41

overland from Hanoi to Chiang Mai?

Posted by barbaral on 16/12/2010 at 12:38

I am travelling to Vietnam, arriving in Hanoi , and need to be in Chiang Mai Thailand two and one half weeks later. I am curious about the least expensive, most interesting route to travel there and some ideas of costs and timeframes. If there some ideas of not to miss areas, .best routes, etc, I would certainly appreciate it. This is my first time in SE Asia. I will be arriving the middle of January, going to an orientation in Chiang Mai 25 days later and then working in an NGO in Phnom ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,889 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by caseyprich on 16/12/2010 at 13:20

RAIN - TRAINS - FLOODS ADVICE

Posted by noakess on 19/11/2010 at 15:49

Hi, I'm arriving in Hanoi early next week and plan to travel south by trains after few days in the north. read lot of stories on stuck trains, people trapped for hours on tracks, no buses etc....has anyone travelled by train through central vietnam recently? is it that bad? not sure if it's safer to just fly down and skip most of the centre... really disappointed as i planned to spend full month in Vietnam. perhaps i should cut short and include Cambodia? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,088 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by jojo123 on 10/12/2010 at 13:29

Chau Doc to Ho Chi Minh

Posted by funky337 on 20/11/2010 at 18:01

We would like to make a trip form Chau Doc to Ho Chi Minh. Is there an arranged trip or is better to do to arrange it ourselves. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,057 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by rawjer on 10/12/2010 at 13:28

Hanoi to Bankok flight on 21 dec to sell

Posted by thumaas on 5/12/2010 at 18:53

Hi everyone Since I changed my travel route I have an Air Asia flight from Hanoi (HAN) to Bankok (BKK) on the 21 december departing at 9:10am to offer. It includes one piece of luggage up to 15kg. The name and the date of the flight can be changed for 30 dollars. Anyone interested? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,688 times, with no replies.

Vietnam first time, 4 weeks. Tips?

Posted by Sparrk on 15/11/2010 at 10:20

Hello Me and a few friends are going to Vietnam in late december to end of january. Ifound a suggestion for vietnam in 2-3 weeks here on travelfish which I likedalot, what I dont know is how long to time to spend in each place. 1) Hanoi-> Ha Long Bay 2) Hanoi-> Hue 3) Hue-> Hoi An 4) Hoi An-> Nha Trang 5) NhaTrang -> Mui Ne 6) Mui Ne-> Ho Chi Minh City 7) Ho ChiMinh – Phu qouc Phu qouc – Sihanoukville 9)Sihanoukville – Siem Reap Is thereanyone that could give ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,744 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by MiaBritton on 9/12/2010 at 13:42

vietnam visas- get them in Korea or Bali??

Posted by MiaBritton on 5/12/2010 at 17:39

Hi, I'm off to Vietnam late Jan 2011 and need to get my visa. I'm living in South Korea at the moment and need some advice on getting the visa- has anyone got a Viet visa in Bali before? How much is it and how long did it take? We're in Bali for 10 days. Or has anyone got the visa from South Korea? What's the easiest and most convinient way to do it? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,327 times, with no replies.

Visa and Onward travel

Posted by ChrisJenko on 8/11/2010 at 15:07

Ok so today i went to book my ticket to Ho Chi Minh from Sydney for next January and the lady at the travel agents was a little apprehensive on giving me a one way ticket, after a little coaxing finally she put it through but stated i would probably have trouble with immigration. Now I have read a heap of other posts here and on other sites where no-one has had a problem with this issue, and i would assume with 1000's of people over landing each year throughout SEA that i would have no issue w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,829 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 8/12/2010 at 08:27

Hoi An Guesthouse (and foodie buddy)

Posted by nattitatti on 1/12/2010 at 17:02

Hi All Can anyone recommend a guesthouse (or hotel or hostel) in Hoi An ? Ive read all the posts but many are about 3 yrs old and was wondering if anyone has current recommendations? Ideally about the $10-$15 mark (or less On another note, Ive been told about a great restaurant in Hoi An called the Mango Room and was wondering if anyone wants to join me to go there. I should be in Hoi an by the weekend. Thanks for any help Nat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,870 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by violets on 7/12/2010 at 06:13

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page