Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Vietnam Airlines & Credit Card/Passport Name

Posted by jojo123 on 15/11/2010 at 13:14

We have a domestic flight booked with Vietnam Airlines via an agent as part of a bigger tour, and planned to book two more domestic flights with VA ourselves. But the online booking system insists that name on credit card match the name entered for the passenger. The passenger name must obviously match the passport. My problem is my passport name is in full but on both my credit cards the name is abbreviated eg. Passport: Lisa Bart Marge Simpson Credit Card: Lisa B M Simpson According to (rage ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,864 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 20/11/2010 at 09:36

how better plan the trip HCMC-Mekong-Phu Quoc ?

Posted by wildkat on 20/11/2010 at 04:14

We are arriving in HCMC from Danang about 10am. Want to get Mekong delta from the airport, then take a boat trip, find homestay, have overnight, next morning go to Rach Gia and catch the ferry to Phu Quoc at 1 pm. How long from Mekong Delta ( have no idea yet what town visit Ben Tre, Tra Vinh, Vinh Long and where stop for the overnight) to Rach Gia? What is the price for taxi from airport to Mekong Delta and next leg Mekong Delta - Rach Gia? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,217 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wildkat on 20/11/2010 at 04:40

Flooding in Hoi An

Posted by averydka99 on 19/11/2010 at 07:43

Hello Everyone, Wanted to post an update to let everyone know Hoi An is flooded, the first 2 streets up from the river are underwater, but the rains have stopped for the most part. We were in Hue 2 days ago and the river was just over the bank onto the sidewalks in some spots. It rained there at night, butnone during the day, same here in Hoi An. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,377 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tieu112 on 19/11/2010 at 17:34

Mui Ne-guesthouse 10-15$ ???

Posted by monia13 on 16/11/2010 at 00:52

Hi , I am on the way to Mui Ne ...Is there anybody staying in nice,cheap guesthouse and could reccommend? I am sick of prices" from the moon" what is so common in this country .Need the room from 18/Nov/10 for 7 days...Please help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,037 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Vietnam720 on 19/11/2010 at 09:26

decision: Tam Coc or Van Long

Posted by liema on 16/11/2010 at 10:59

We have to decide whether to go in January for one day tour from Hanoi to Van Long or to Tam Coc Can any one help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,981 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tinawanglolly38108 on 19/11/2010 at 01:34

Dong Xuan Market

Posted by husun on 15/11/2010 at 16:43

Finally booked my tour to Hanoi . Was researching and kind of see this forum things to buy at Dong Xuan market. Can anyone advise. If I opted not to bring any winter clothes, backpacker bag and shoes. Is it recommended to buy all this thing in Dong Xuan market? And the price will be very "cheap". as I try not to bring some many "bulky" items, so I choose to buy it there. Any experience to share or any other place in Hanoi is worth a stroll to get all this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,272 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by halongcalypsocruiser on 18/11/2010 at 14:57

Need an Advice for the Midle of Vietnam !

Posted by hellentoyou on 26/10/2010 at 23:33

we plan to go to the central of Vietnam "Hue, Danang, Hoiam, Nha Trang by bus. We hear about a big storm and flood there. So if someone has been there by this temporary please give us some new and advices ! We are looking forward to hear from you ! Thank you all ! Hellen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,197 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by owee on 17/11/2010 at 23:23

Cruise Mekong, HCMC - Can Tho or around?

Posted by jadzia on 14/11/2010 at 18:21

Hi, we are there next week and our plan is to go from HCMC through the delta (short trip, mabe 2 days) before going to Phu Quoc from Rach Gia. Our favourite idea is to cruise the Mekong, perferably overnight, maybe HCMC-Can Tho or similar. Can someone recommend a travel agent that can organize something like this individually or in small groups? I do not want to travel with the big busses with 40 fellow travellers... Any hint is appreciated. Thanks and regards! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,760 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by jadzia on 17/11/2010 at 21:07

Visa on arrival - connecting flight

Posted by sanmarti on 16/11/2010 at 03:18

Hi, We are flying to Hanoi and have already received our aproval letter for the visa on arrival. But we want to take another flight from Hanoi to Dien Bien Phu directly 4 hours after arriving to Hanoi airport. Question: Do we have to leave the arrival/customs area (or how is it called) in order to get our visa (and luggage)? The plan is to get the visa and our luggage (bikes) and check in directly for our flights die DBP. Don't know if this works. As well if the time span is too short for al ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,144 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 17/11/2010 at 11:30

Independent snorkeling advice

Posted by dizriz on 24/10/2010 at 13:22

We are currently in Nha Trang and have heard that Hon Mun island is good for snorkeling. We have looked at some trips from tour companies but they seem too restrictive for what we are looking for. Does anybody know if A): It is easy to get to Hon Mun Island independently from say, the dock? And : If once on the island the beaches there are good enough for snorkeling? Any advice is appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,325 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Drifter1dc on 16/11/2010 at 04:40

Tailor in Hanoi

Posted by olodum on 20/10/2010 at 17:33

Hi, Can you recommend any good tailor in Hanoi? I'm interested in some women suits. How much approximately the prices are? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,847 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Connie09 on 15/11/2010 at 15:24

money in SEA

Posted by akirafro on 15/11/2010 at 14:19

Me and a friend are heading over to South East Asia in a couple of weeks, including Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Malaysia. We've been to Thailand once before and simply used our bank cards to withdraw money but we didn't realise that we'd get stuck with a hefty commission from the banks. What would be the best options in the countries above when it comes to taking money?? Thanks, Akira ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 971 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 15/11/2010 at 15:20

Shopping question: Can I find Shiseido in Hanoi?

Posted by glomer on 9/11/2010 at 23:16

Looking for the real stuff, specifically SPF without whitening agent. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,845 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Connie09 on 15/11/2010 at 15:19

Hanoi...to go or not to go ?

Posted by husun on 30/10/2010 at 13:48

Had read so many forums of scams, rip off in Hanoi. Is it still safe to visit? Can anyone advise on how to react if tourists were to meet a con artist in Hanoi. Or it's best for someone who is helpful enough to name out some rate that the Vietnam items, I mean the local price like, a bowl of Pho, a packet of cigg, a bottle of drink.............as many as possible to let us tourist have a rough guide how much to pay if we visit Vietnam (Hanoi) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,261 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 15/11/2010 at 01:17

National park - south vietnam vs. cambodia

Posted by roccstar on 14/11/2010 at 00:29

Hi, I will be in south vietnam in mid december before heading to cambodia. what i really would like to visit is a national park. i am interested in wildlife, trekking through tropical rainforest, staying at least one night in the jungle etc. i know that there are plenty of national parks in south vietnam as well as in south cambodia. can anyone recommend anything either in south vietnam (i will fly to saigon) or in the south of cambodia. so far i considered going to either ream national park or ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,612 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tabalo on 14/11/2010 at 23:13

10 days to go - last min questions!

Posted by noakess on 13/11/2010 at 04:48

Hi, Landing in Hanoi in 10 days. staying @ Hanoi Central backpackers, want to do Halong Bay + Sapa in the first week - a little concerned about weather, from checking online in looks like there are storms up+down the country... I have 4 weeks, planned to do north-south but wonder if i should skip some places due to weather. advice? is it a good idea to book these tours with hostel - or shop around when i arrive? thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 984 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ms1892 on 14/11/2010 at 06:06

phnom pehn to phu quoc in one day

Posted by jlov37 on 13/11/2010 at 20:05

hello! i need to get from pp to pq in one day during the christmas/new years season. from what i have read a bus from pp to kep, a taxi from kep to ha tien, and a ferry from ha tien to pq is the fastest route possible. my main concern is the timing. how long will i be en route and how often do the buses/ferries leave? of course, becoming more familiar with some fair prices wouldnt hurt either. i really hope my plan will work so if you think it will float or sink please let me know! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,588 times, with no replies.

quickest way from Phu Quoc to Ko Chang

Posted by Goldigga on 6/11/2010 at 14:23

We have just arrived in Hanoi today for 3 weeks in Vietnam and will be ending up on Phu Quoc hopefully. We then plan on hitting the easterns islands for 2 weeks, Ko Chang, Ko Maak & Ko Kut to finish our trip. What is the quickest way of getting from Phu Quoc to Ko Chang? I seen this previous thread on this subject, but this was done over land through Cambodia http://www.travelfish.org/feature/113 This looks like it would take 2 - 3 days to do and as we will have already done quite a l ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,249 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by eastwest on 13/11/2010 at 15:02

Minsk and 110 cc scooter for sale Saigon / Ho Chi Minh

Posted by jvdkroft on 20/3/2010 at 17:24

Minsk + Sym 110cc for sale Hello, We drove through Vietnam by Minsk en 110 CC Sym scooter, which we unfortunatly must sell because we will travel by boat to Cambodja. The Minsk and scooter are in really good shape, which gave us a lot of fun during our 4 weeks trip through Vietnam. We travelled from Hanoi to Saigon by bikes. Minsk: The Minsk includes ownershipspapers, a newly bought full integral helmet (luckily not used :)), spare-parts (innertube, sparkplug and electrical box), b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,850 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by namtriptravelvietnam on 13/11/2010 at 09:47

3 week itinerary critique: Sapa?

Posted by praeludium on 8/11/2010 at 10:39

Hello! First of all, thanks to all the informative posts on this forum. It has been very helpful with planning our honeymoon trip. My wife and I, both 30, are doing a 3 week trip in Vietnam. We've been to SEA twice before, and heard great things about Vietnam. Any suggestions to our itinerary? We'll be there Nov 22-Dec9. N21 - Arrive at SGN @ 19h25. Will try to get to Hanoi the same night. N22-23 - Hanoi x 3days, 3 nights N24-25 - Halong Bay x2 days, 1 night (probably Columbus tours) N26 - Ge ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,944 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Nokka on 11/11/2010 at 09:07

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page