Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Nice swimming pool in Hanoi

Posted by shaydan_01 on 27/7/2010 at 16:05

Bit late I know, but thought it worth a try anyway. It's my boyfriends birthday tomorrow and I would like to take him to a fancy hotel to use the swimming pool for a couple of hours if the weather is nice. I'm not sure if all big hotels will let outsiders pay to use the pool and I sort of want to plan where we're going before we go there. Any recommendations would be lovely, and any other ideas are welcome too of course, open to all random suggestions for birthday fun! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,608 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by shaydan_01 on 29/7/2010 at 11:14

Passport pages added in Hanoi

Posted by TennisHaus on 27/7/2010 at 08:14

Can I get passport pages added in Hanoi . I have one blenk page for the Vietnam visa and stamps. I do not have room for the Cambodian visa and stamps plus the Thailand stamps. Does US embassy in Hanoi add passport pages? Has anyone gotten their passport filled at this embassy? TIA ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,199 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rawjer on 27/7/2010 at 14:10

Bus company to aviod

Posted by mikethediver on 27/7/2010 at 12:16

Hi, Just a little warning about a bus company called 'AN PHU TOURIST' part of the 'open bus' system. We got this bus from Mui Ne to Dalat and it falls way below acceptable: *Non functioning air con *2 seats broken free from the floor which was very dangerous!! *Insufficent roon for luggage in the 'hold', so bags were piled in the isle which the bus driver & his several friends trod on, sat on & slept on!! (I did complain & moved my bag, which blocked the isle even more!) *All the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,621 times, with no replies.

Travel in September October

Posted by timmy2legs on 26/7/2010 at 18:40

I'll be in SE Asia, during September and October during this time I hope to do a month in Vietnam. I realise it is the wet season, and I know the variations along the length of the country. Most things tend to say rain will be only in short intense showers, is this right? From what I can make out, the weather in the north shouldn't be too bad? Would there be potential flooding in the Mekong delta? Are there anythings that the wet season makes difficult to do? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,037 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by eastwest on 27/7/2010 at 12:16

Vietnam Virgins

Posted by roopd on 16/7/2010 at 12:31

Hi all, My husband and I planning a two week trip through SE Asia. We are flying into HCMC form Hongkong on the 28th of July and leaving on the 3rd of Aug. Ideally we would love to be able to bike our way up to Hanoi but we know that is not going to be possible in the time we have there. One of our main reasons for going to Vietnam is the food. We do not necessarily do the more touristy things like going to museums and stuff but prefer to step off the beaten path and get to know the people an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,222 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 26/7/2010 at 23:11

Visa requirements for Cambodia and Vietnam

Posted by NYTim on 20/7/2010 at 21:51

I have a multiple entry visa for Vietnam. I am going to Cambodia for a few days. Can anyone tell me what documentation I would require to enter and leave Cambodia -- passport photos etc? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,660 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by AmericanVietnamese on 26/7/2010 at 06:07

Where to stop between Hoi An and Hanoi

Posted by shaydan_01 on 22/7/2010 at 19:50

Hi guys, My partner and I are currently in Hoi An and are planning on making our way up to Hanoi but would like to break up the trip by stopping off somewhere along the way, preferably somewhere on the coast where we can bum on a beach for a few days. We might visit Hue as well, but are hoping to find somewhere to relax if we're all cultured out. I've done a bit of research but all of the beach destinations I have read about sound mostly unimpressive. We aren't asking for paradise, just ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,077 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by shaydan_01 on 25/7/2010 at 18:31

Contact number for Rainbow Hotel, Nha Thrang?

Posted by louise_hooton on 22/7/2010 at 17:33

Hi, Does anyone have a telephone number that works for the Rainbow Hotel in Nha Thrang. I can't seem to reach them on Tel: (84-58) 810501. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,358 times, with no replies.

In vietnam for 3 weeks from aug 6th and nervous

Posted by kfitz7151 on 19/7/2010 at 03:28

Hi there. Anyone else travelling in vietnam throughout august? Im coming with a mate and a bit nervous as never back packed before. Anyone tell me how much i should take to spend for 3 weeks? is it expensive? cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,970 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 22/7/2010 at 14:09

vietnam blocks facebook

Posted by maria_s on 16/11/2009 at 15:46

I arrived in vietnam today coming from indonesia, and not only did I leave warm weather behind but also freedom of speech! apparently some of the major providers followed an order by the Vietnam’s Ministry of Public Security and blocked facebook: didn't know that it was that bad here. am shocked. wanna go back. too much traffic here in hanoi, too. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,258 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 22/7/2010 at 13:44

Private Halong tour 31.7-1.8!

Posted by reale on 22/7/2010 at 11:13

Are you interested in avoiding the hassle, the scams and the crowds of Halong Bay? I would like to go on a private tour to Halong Bay on Saturday, July 31st with Cat Ba Ventures ( ) and it would be nice to have you to join. The 2d/1n itinerary starts from Cat Ba island. The boat is small, it fits 4 people which is why it is possible to explore remote caves, deserted beaches and avoid the legion of tourist boats on Halong Bay. If we are 4 people, the price is 70$/person, an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,446 times, with no replies.

Itinerary for Vietnam......

Posted by TennisHaus on 19/7/2010 at 10:38

Im looking for some help on our plans for the Vietnam part of our trip. WE would like to do the following: 1. Ha long Bay 2. Motorbike tour 2days, which one is best, we can do it in HCMC or Hanoi . 3. HCMC and some tours around there. Our problem is time. We are not backpackers, but we are adventurers. WE both have minimal motorcycle experience. What do people recommend to do above all other things in Hanoi and HCMC? Aug 6th through 13th is our time frame. TIA ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,364 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by TennisHaus on 20/7/2010 at 10:28

Luckyhotel 69 Tran Duy Hung - the idial destination for you

Posted by vietgoldstar on 16/7/2010 at 15:04

Lucky Hotel is located on Tran Duy Hung road, in the economic area, commercial development of Ha Noi city, adjacent to “Trung Hoa Nhan Chinh” urban areas , Big C supermarket, the National Conference Center, major banks, shopping centers, big buildings tower, the representative offices of foreign companies, Japanese, Korean restaurants. This is an ideal place for customers to stop in the trip or sightseeing tour. Lucky Hotel is a hotel of international standard, 2 **, fully equipped with qua ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,603 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by rawjer on 20/7/2010 at 09:58

Posted by NYTim on 3/6/2010 at 20:24

Is Facebook still blocked in Vietnam? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,402 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 20/7/2010 at 07:43

This is short notice but does anyone want to travel NW Vietnam together (Mai Chau, Son La, SaPa)?

Posted by sunwreck on 15/7/2010 at 16:10

Seeking a travel mate to do the loop from Mai Chau to SaPa together. I have a month left on my visa for Vietnam and don't really want to leave but I'm already in the north of Vietnam. I want to take the bus from HaNoi to Mai Chau to Son La to SaPa or also hitch-hike. I hitch-hiked in Bulgaria for the first time last year. I'm 29 years old.. normal guy. I.T background but I've also worked in Education in Thailand and China before. From Portland, Oregon. Just looking to make a new friend an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,261 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by kaede on 18/7/2010 at 12:27

is it going to be worth it?

Posted by jak on 15/7/2010 at 04:11

hi, sorry to post about the weather but i'm finding it difficult to find topics relating to what i'm asking. I was thinking about taking a gap year and travelling around south east Asia, with some friends before going off to different universities. However since we are low on funds, we were thinking about working for 7-8 months in England to fund the trip. The basis of the trip was to spend an organised 10 weeks in Borneo with a gap year company, then backpack around S.E.A. for the following 1 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,773 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by AmericanVietnamese on 18/7/2010 at 11:24

Vietnam Consulate General in San Francisco

Posted by sic8vita8est on 17/6/2010 at 06:07

Hi, I know there are a lot of visa threads here already but I wasn't finding what I needed . . . I guess my question is, what is the deal with the Consulate General in San Francisco? I was told thats where I needed to send for my Visa (I'm flying into Hanoi so I can't pick up the Visa in another country). I sent away my application and passports to San Fran along with the fee listed on the Vietnam Embassy website. The website says it is $30 for 1 month/multiple entry. Now they have contac ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,890 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by sic8vita8est on 18/7/2010 at 10:15

Flooding in Hanoi - July 13th

Posted by daawgon on 16/7/2010 at 08:51

Flooding in Hanoi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 920 times, with no replies.

Severe Tropical Storm CONSON

Posted by Pablot on 16/7/2010 at 07:53

Travelers to Central VN and further North Severe Tropical Storm "CONSON" is on its way and most likely from experience it will hit Vietnam ands not China as predictions show. This is early in the year for storms - this year will be a rough year for storms. It is heading North of Hue at the moment (7 am Friday 16 July 2010). Winds of upto 95 km/hr but likely to drop before landfall tommorow. I suggest all travelers monitor severe weather conditions on the internet because there ar ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,257 times, with no replies.

Posted by chriscody on 15/7/2010 at 21:37

Sport Model Minsk for sale Hanoi . Located in north western coner of the Old Quater out front of the New Century Hotel 1996 model. Solid black with a red star on fuel tank. Excelent condition with pannier racks, raised rear suspenssion, new clutch pads and piston head. (Photo Here) Rode from Saigon to Hanoi and had no problems. Includes: Full face Cambodian motocross helmet (non existant in Vietnam)worth $40 US, Goggles, Motocross Glove ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,965 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page