Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Looking for unspoiled beach in Vietnam

Posted by Indoluso on 24/5/2010 at 17:14

Hi all, We're looking for an unspoiled, authentic, calm beach in Vietnam for this summer (July/August) to spend 3/4 days. We were thinking of Mui Ne as being out of Nha Trang's tourism boom but I just read about people saying that they found plastic bags floating in Mui Ne. Is it easy to find small unspoilled fishing villages with clean beaches in the South Central Coast while being in the area? Otherwise we were thinking of the eastern part of Con Dao as apparently it is good in the summer, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,378 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by stillgoing on 11/7/2010 at 18:15

Motorbiek For Sale, Hanoi (july 2010)

Posted by dorjeb on 11/7/2010 at 11:27

http://newhanoian.xemzi.com/vi/listing/show/8174/MOTORBIKE-for-sale-Honda-Wave-July-11th-2010 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,405 times, with no replies.

Ho Chi Minh City to Luang Prabang

Posted by pdro on 10/7/2010 at 12:11

Is there any flight from saigon to luang prabang ? which air company has this trip ? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,212 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by daawgon on 10/7/2010 at 22:55

Phu Quoc Ha Tien Boat

Posted by apertyx on 10/9/2009 at 19:40

Good Day, Any current news on a passenger ferry from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien? I've seen one referenced but described as "unreliable". I'm trying to get to Chau Doc in one day and would like to avoid flying. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,197 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by lpalmer on 9/7/2010 at 22:02

ho chi minh travel agent recommendation

Posted by marikazabina on 24/6/2010 at 13:27

I am flying into Ho Chi Minh next week and want to plan a trip to Angkor Wat, then on to Bangkok. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a trusted travel agent in HCM, a tour company, or maybe offer some tips on planning this trip? I'd like to take care of most details (travel, lodging) before I leave HCM that way I don't have to worry about them while in Cambodia. Many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,899 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by abc on 9/7/2010 at 20:47

Nha Trang 1 week

Posted by clarerarks on 21/7/2009 at 12:52

Hi All, W're looking to spend 5 nights in Nha Trang, do you think this is to long and are there any day trips anyone could reccommend to do? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,938 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by noflyzone on 9/7/2010 at 20:32

MINSK 125ccm 1998 FOR SALE!

Posted by burnthewitch on 9/7/2010 at 17:17

Hey, i´m in Saigon only on 12. and 13. July and will sell my MINSK. It´s in really good condition and took me from Hanoi to Nha Trang without any trouble yet. It comes with a lot of tools and repairing parts like a second electric box, tube, clutch, bowden cable etc like a chain and a lock.... I did a full service at Mr. Cuong (Doc Minsk) in Hanoi for 1000000 VND 2,5 weeks before! 250 USD would be fine, it´s also possible to pay in Euro. Just contact me via vietnam moblie or mail: 008416 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,244 times, with no replies.

Western new year (Dec 31) in the south of Vietnam

Posted by murphy_213 on 6/7/2010 at 08:35

So we arive in Vietnam to start our 2 month SE Asia trip on the 27th of December, landing in Saigon at 9.20pm. We are considering our options for New years eve (31st December). Is there much to do at this time? So far we are considering the option of staying in Saigon or going to Phu Quoc island. Furthermore, we plan on either going through the Mekong from Saigon to get to Phu Quoc or do it on the return. If anyone has any advice or experience with this route We'll consider all options. Thank ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,236 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by CharleyNoir on 8/7/2010 at 08:56

New Years Eve in Halong Bay

Posted by neadom on 8/7/2010 at 03:47

Hi! I'm planning a 3 week trip of Vietnam arriving first in Hanoi . We are a young couple and like the idea of taking a trip to Halong Bay for New Years Eve. I've checked prices online and they look pretty expensive for a 2day 1 night trip at about $200 each.... Is this the going rate we should expect? Should we wait until we arrive in Hanoi to book the trip or as its a popular night should we book early before we go? Any advice greatly appreciated!! Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,216 times, with no replies.

Chau Doc border crossing and Cambodia Visa

Posted by torilou on 7/7/2010 at 09:00

My boyfriend and I weren't sure where it was we would want to cross back into Cambodia from Vietnam so chose Chau Doc as we had heard the journey was a pleasent one view-wise. We have since tried to change the exit point, finding out it was expensive, and are looking to see if anyone has done said crossing recently and what they thought of it? Also, we had planned on doing an e-visa, which we used when crossing into the Cambodia originally, but they aren't accepted at Chau Doc - is it possibl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,188 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by torilou on 7/7/2010 at 19:57

Cost of tuk tuk from airport to Saigon?

Posted by emma066 on 19/6/2010 at 16:23

Does anyone know the answer to this? Our hotel have offered to pick us up for 13 usd. Seems a bit steep? Thanks Emma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,524 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by CharleyNoir on 7/7/2010 at 13:18

odd house in VN?

Posted by stephka on 24/3/2007 at 18:35

I read somewhere on the net months ago about some very eccentric house that was built here in VN by a woman, that is available to tourists to visit. I can't find it in my guidebook, and having trouble doing a netsearch. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,951 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by buster80 on 6/7/2010 at 20:46

Electricity cuts results in food poisoning

Posted by Pablot on 7/5/2010 at 14:33

Beware of eating in parts of Vietnam which are now having extensive electricity cuts (12 hours or more every few days) because in the heat this results in meat rotting and food poisoning at some restaurants. This is a big problem for smaller restaurants, larger resorts & hotels have their own generators so this is not a problem. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,325 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Pablot on 6/7/2010 at 05:52

2 Minsks for sale Hanoi

Posted by edgeworth on 4/7/2010 at 12:26

My friend Chris and I have been riding our two Russian Minsks up from Saigon since May, and we are planning to arrive in Hanoi on the 7th of July. We've had a fantastic trip but we're now bound for China, so we need to sell them to some other travellers venturing south. We don't have phones, but you can email Chris at duffman69er@gmail.com or Mitch at edgeworth@gmail.com. We plan to get the bikes serviced by a proper Minsk mechanic in Hanoi (virtually impossible to find decent mechanics furth ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,774 times, with no replies.

Hoi An or Mekong

Posted by torilou on 3/7/2010 at 08:41

Accidently sent the message without writing it! My boyfriend and I are currently in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh to be exact. From here we are travelling to Dalat, then to Nha Trang, but are stuck on where to go from there! We have around 6 days to play with and can't decided between travelling up to Hoi An or down to Mui Ne, back to HCMC then to the Mekong. I'm trying to find info about the transport to Hoi An - which we'll have to use there and back within the time frame above. Has anyone done th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,351 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by noflyzone on 4/7/2010 at 10:36

Sapa or Chiang Mai for trekking?

Posted by mariamini on 24/8/2007 at 21:17

Hello, Advice needed please: Is it worth doing both Chiang Mai and Sapa, or which one is the prefered option? Thanks, Maria ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,862 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Mericle on 4/7/2010 at 07:24

10 days in vietnam : North vs South ? Both ?

Posted by robkius on 2/7/2010 at 15:47

hello, I was reading posts in this forum for quite a while now but I still couldn't find an answer to my question.. Me and my GF are traveling to Vietnam at the end of August. We are planning to spend there around 10 days. Would love to spend at least few of them motorcycling. What would be our best shot in terms of seeing places combined with motorcycling outside of big cities? I was thinking of renting a motorcycle and traveling to Halong Bay and then to Sapa, but I guess there is not enough ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,810 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Vietnam720 on 3/7/2010 at 09:14

No problems with Vietnam Visa on Arrival

Posted by DLuek on 17/2/2009 at 20:13

Hi, I just wanted to let people know that the Vietnam visa on arrival worked out fine for my companion and I when we arrived in Saigon by air a couple weeks ago. The cost of the service for the 3 month single entry visa was $33 and the stamp fee at the airport was another $25. We used www.guidevietnam.com and had a fine experience with them. Having a splendid time in Vietnam so far. Best, DL We ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,436 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/7/2010 at 09:02

Options - Saigon to Phuket

Posted by LGR_2010 on 30/6/2010 at 11:51

Was trying to check what options there are for this.. I tried looking on the Asia Air site and nothing comes up when I click on saigon (SGN) to phuket (HKT). Not sure if Bangkok airways has flights and /or good prices for Saigon to Phuket. I did see one with thaiairways -a little out of our budget at about USD 245. Travelling by air would really be the only option as I only have 4 days (after arriving in thailand from saigon) If there's aren't enough options, we might end up settling for j ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,112 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by DLuek on 1/7/2010 at 03:01

Blogs and mosquito nets

Posted by maxlstylee on 31/5/2010 at 22:33

Howdy, Heading out to Vietnam on Thursday from LAX. I want to be doing some blogging as I'll be gone for 2 months and would like my family to see what's going on. Are there any sites that are blocked in Vietnam? I suppose I'd like to do something simple like blogger.com but am not sure if the countries block it. I know that you can't get to facebook and such. Also, I need to buy a mosquito net before I go, am I looking for one that has hooks on it? or one that has 4 draw strings? I imagine I ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,084 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by AmericanVietnamese on 30/6/2010 at 12:12

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page