Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Road from Nha Trang to Dalat

Posted by mlr on 11/8/2009 at 13:25

Hey! I have been noticing from a few posts on this website that there seems to be a new, shorter road connecting Nha Trang and Dalat now, is this the case and if so how long does it now take by bus? We were planning on going to Dalat from Nha Trang by bus and then flying to HCMC from there. I have also heard alot of mixed opinions about Dalat, is it worth visiting or should we just add on a few extra nights somewhere else instead & fly straight from Nha Trang to HCMC? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,477 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by jonbone on 5/5/2010 at 09:03

Solo 24(m) Halong Cruise for either 1 night-2 day or 2 night-3 day

Posted by DarylTravel on 4/5/2010 at 10:27

I am 24, traveling through SE Asia by myself for a few weeks. While I dont necessarily need to fanciest cruse I also dont want rats, bugs, etc. as I have read can sometimes happen on these boats. Does anyone have a suggestion about a good boat/company for someone my age? Also, I dont have a set schedule of when I will be in Halong/Hanoi so I cant really book too far in advance, will this be a big problem? Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,987 times, with no replies.

2 Week Itinerary of Vietnam Top to Tail

Posted by hanes on 28/4/2010 at 13:09

Hey guys, i'm planning to head down up to vietnam from singapore in january 2011 for around 10 days to 2 weeks with 3 other frends. Seen some great rough itineraries around the site such as this: http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/vietnam-hanoi-to-saigon Just want to get feedback on places to check out and miss. So basically we wanna work our way down sticking somewhat closely to the itinerary. Was considering making a detour up to Sapa when in hanoi. And another one to the delta and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,203 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by LaureneCao on 3/5/2010 at 10:18

Dalat travel buddy wanted - maybe easy rider tour?

Posted by themildcat on 26/4/2010 at 19:39

Hiya I'm an aussie girl (29) travelling solo and just hit Da Lat, wondering if anyone likeminded (and not a massive goober - moderate goober ok) would be interested in pairing up for adventure. Let me know! themildcat@gmail.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,924 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by chickymonkey on 2/5/2010 at 09:27

The best way to get to Bangkok From Ho Chi Minh

Posted by mrnice88 on 22/4/2010 at 17:25

Hello What are peoples experiences at getting from Ho Chi Minh city to Bangkok. Anyone have a preferred route. Trying to save some time and money (aren't we all!)as I only have limited time and funds. Much Love ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,156 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by UsTwo on 1/5/2010 at 07:22

How To See Wild Elephants

Posted by Sonnyway on 29/4/2010 at 02:52

My sons are very determined to see wild elephants while we are in Vietnam. I now there are some in Cat Tien National Park but other than that I'm at a loss. Does anyone now of any tours, whether it be bicycle or walking, where we will be sure to see some elephants? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,101 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by potkin on 30/4/2010 at 21:20

Skip Central Vietnam...

Posted by AlexBCN on 28/4/2010 at 16:54

Hi, I am planning to stay around three weeks in Vietnam next July-August. I start my journey in Hanoi, and want to go to Sapa and Halong Bay (10 days). Then take the overnight train to Hue and see Hoi An (4 days), I want then to spend some time in Saigon and see the Cu chi Tunels and the Mekong Delta (6 days). I am not sure whether to fly from Hoi An (Dalang) to Saigon, or do this leg overland. Do you have any suggestion on land routes? And if so, how long would it take? Is i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,148 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 30/4/2010 at 21:00

Midnight Buses to Da Lat

Posted by jacqkellie on 30/4/2010 at 16:59

Hi! We'll be arriving in Ho Chi Minh City at around 1:00am. Since we've been to HCMC several times before, we'd like to get a move on as soon as possible. To save time, I was wondering if there are any night buses on to Da Lat at this hour? For that matter, how do we purchase the bus tickets, and where in HCMC is the station? Thank you! :) Kelly ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,733 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 30/4/2010 at 18:27

Kampot/Kep to Phu Quoc - ferry?

Posted by GeorgeScott on 30/4/2010 at 15:23

Hi all, I've read both on both Travelfish and in the latest Lonely Planet guide that a Kampot/Kep to Phu Quoc ferry could be in the offing? Does anyone know if it's happened yet? Thanks, George ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,768 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 30/4/2010 at 18:25

is a transit Visa possible??

Posted by jerkface on 28/4/2010 at 12:04

I'll just be in Vietnam for 3 days for my brother's engagement. Is it possible to arrange a trip with a 3 day transit visa?? It seems like such a waste to pay for a full tourist visa. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,031 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by daawgon on 30/4/2010 at 00:07

DaLat to Pleiku

Posted by UsTwo on 22/4/2010 at 11:05

Trying to locate the inland route using Google maps, but there appears to be a few "dead ends" along the way. Has anybody done this section? Thanks for any help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,417 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by violets on 28/4/2010 at 21:02

Hanoi to HK ... in 19 Days

Posted by anotherlostsoul on 27/4/2010 at 13:59

I will be flying into Hanoi on 15th May and out of Hong Kong on 04th June which gives me 19 full days to explore the bits inbetween (public transport / budget hotels). What I am looking for from those who know the area, is advice on how to structure this journey; i.e. how many days where, and in which order? I appreciate this is just not enough time to explore all the region's attractions thoroughly, and getting from A to B will take time. I've narrowed things down and, if possible, I would li ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,154 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 28/4/2010 at 19:26

one week in N. Vietnam

Posted by babiguling on 26/4/2010 at 11:57

Hi Me and some friends will be in N. Vietnam for a week in july, flying into Hanoi. We want to Halong Bay for sure, any suggestions as to what else to see in a week? We plan on doing halong bay for two days. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,125 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by stillgoing on 27/4/2010 at 18:53

Supermarkets

Posted by NYTim on 21/4/2010 at 23:11

Does one have to haggle in Vietnamese supermarkets or are the prices fixed? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,221 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Manticore on 25/4/2010 at 23:04

For vietnam easyriders

Posted by chickymonkey on 17/4/2010 at 18:15

Hi all, Nearly head to Vietnam and would like to do the trip with Easy Riders. Have checked out www.vietnam-easyriders.com but still need more advice from all of you who have done it before. Has anyone used this Easy Riders company ? Hope to hear from you all, Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,493 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 25/4/2010 at 06:00

2 russian minsk in honoi

Posted by davidbliss on 24/4/2010 at 11:42

2 bikes 1 is the sports model and the the other is a larger model red and bronze have 2 manuels spare parts and tools cable ties and helmelts you have any questions call Chris on local nuumber 01286350591 or e-mail me davidblisspastana@yahoo.co.uk hope to hear from you soon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,222 times, with no replies.

Buying flights from Ho Chi Minh city to Thailand?

Posted by mrnice88 on 22/4/2010 at 17:05

Hello everyone Im hoping to save a bit of time by maybe getting a flight from Ho Chi Minh city to Phukhet if it is possible. Ive had a search around and the flight are very expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what would be the best way to get to Phukhet from Ho Chi Minh and maybe cut down on travel and time? Any answers appreciated Many Thanks Danny ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,023 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mrnice88 on 23/4/2010 at 04:54

Conical hats?

Posted by omnithought on 20/4/2010 at 11:32

This may be a stupid question, but perhaps it's worth asking. With the weather in Vietnam, it seems the conical hat would be rather practical. Is it seen as ridiculous if a tourist wears one? Do the Vietnamese have any stigmas regarding that? Or is it a non-issue? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,464 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 22/4/2010 at 10:26

Favourite Hanoi eating spots

Posted by swag on 7/4/2010 at 11:39

Hi we will be in Hanoi off+on for 3 weeks this June. Both very keen on enjoying as much local fare as possible.Would love to hear of some peoples personal favourites. This could be street stalls,cafes,restaurants whatever. cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,666 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 21/4/2010 at 21:50

Hanoi to Laos

Posted by jxs336 on 18/4/2010 at 05:16

does anyone know the cost to take a flight or train? and the time difference ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,466 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 21/4/2010 at 15:23

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page