Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Minsk for Sale - Hanoi

Posted by twowheelsasia on 7/4/2010 at 20:15

Starts, runs, shifts, and stops great. I have had no problems with it, and was told by the guy who sold it to me in Saigon that he had recently replaced the clutch. Tires and bearings are good with no play in the front or rear wheel. Have had a lot of fun with it, especially in the mountain passes. I'm staying in the old quarter of Hanoi near Hang Ga and Hang Ma. $300 US preferred or 5.7 million VND. Post here or email minskhanoiviet@hotmail.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,016 times, with no replies.

unacompanied luggage

Posted by jmgh on 5/4/2010 at 09:27

we are flying into Hanoi in October and so far the plan is to do a trip out to Sapa, back to Hanoi then out to Halon Bay. Back to Hanoi then fly/ train to Hue or Dong Hoi then down to Hoi An then Nha Trang At this point we'd like to hook up with the Easyriders from Dalat and do a 5-6 day trip with them my concern is our luggage, we will have backpacks and suitcases is it possible to send luggage on to a hotel in HCMC. and be sure it will be safe. I travelled to Vietnam last year with ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,063 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 7/4/2010 at 15:01

Mekong cruise from HCMC to Phnom Penh - suggestions?

Posted by Sarah23 on 2/4/2010 at 13:23

Has anyone done one of these? Was it worthwhile? We thought it might be a fun way to cross the border from Vietnam into Cambodia. If anyone has any recommendations or advice it would be greatly appreciated. We are on a fairly long holiday with a strictish budget so an idea of price would also be appreciated. Thanks for any help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,344 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by LaureneCao on 6/4/2010 at 17:37

Fanxipan Hiking trip

Posted by kptn82 on 6/4/2010 at 09:32

Hi, I'm looking to do a Hiking trip from Sapa to Fanxipan and back in September. Question for Sontam and Catba - do you know any reputable guide that can speak english/vietnamese. Preferably the Hmong or Tay (generally tribal will do). I don't want to do tour with those tour company, i want a private trip. I can speak Viet fluently but want a english guide for my friends. What do you reckon the cost of a private guide be? My guestimation is about $4-500AUD/USD for the whole trip. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 924 times, with no replies.

Day Trip out of Hanoi

Posted by linjingyi on 8/12/2009 at 20:57

Hi guys, I really need some advice on what I should do for a day trip out of central Hanoi: I am considering either a Halong Bay day tour (but heard the weather isn't very good now - sights would be blur...?) or a visit to the craft villages (but can't find any info on this site) or a one day (or even 1D1N) trip to Mai Chau. Can anyone please kindly advise me? Many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,734 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by globaltravel30 on 5/4/2010 at 12:20

Ho Chi Minh City - Where to stay?

Posted by suzeqh84 on 4/4/2010 at 02:31

Hi, I'll be in Ho Chi Minh City for about 8 weeks, mid June through mid July for an internship. I was wondering if anyone has good tips on where to stay, somewhere comfortable, affordable, and safe? I'm hoping they will be open to negotiating price, since I'll be there for so long. Any help is appreciated! Susan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,260 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by MADMAC on 4/4/2010 at 13:02

Help Veitnam Travel

Posted by jxs336 on 31/3/2010 at 22:44

I'll be in Veitnam end of July for 10 days and just wondering if anyone can let me know: 1. What's the best way to travel from hoh Chi Minh to Hanoi? Bus? Train? 2. I know I don't have much time but that's as long as I can stay what are the must see things to see? 3. would be great if you can let me know the cost of bus/train and also is it easy to find accommodation when I get there or should I book before hand? thanks once again ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,392 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 3/4/2010 at 21:25

A week to depature but itinery incomplete

Posted by John67 on 2/4/2010 at 01:47

I'm off in a weeks time. I have 25 days & nights to fill from Hanoi to Saigon. I've two nights in Hanoi booked and I want to see Halong Bay and then Ninh Binh before heading down the coast. I'd like to spend a good few days in the Mekong with perhaps a few more spent in Pho Quoc but as for the rest it looks like I will have to wing it. I'm concerned about wasting to much time travelling between locations and taking on too many destinations plus I'm feeling distinctly nervouse about the whol ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,613 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ms1892 on 3/4/2010 at 08:35

Ho Chi Minh to Bangkok Trip in 6 days

Posted by LGR_2010 on 2/4/2010 at 11:34

Hi Travel Fish, I got tickets booked with a couple of friends for a Manila to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) flight on September 6 2010 (arriving in HCMC at about 12am in the morning on September 7). We booked tickets back to Manila to depart from Bangkok (back to Manila) on September 13, at midnight. It's about 6 days all in all. We were hoping to get as much information on these cities ahead of time before our trip. Here are a few things we need information on: 1. Good val ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,901 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LGR_2010 on 3/4/2010 at 08:14

10 days in Vietnam

Posted by jxs336 on 2/4/2010 at 12:11

Hey guys I need some help. I'm going to vietnam and have have 10 days, 9 nights to go from ho chi minh to Hanoi. I was just wondering what should I see and where I should stop on the way. also what is the best way to travel this distance bus/train? and what's the cost? also is it easy to find places to stay? I would love to see temples, anything fun and interesting. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,080 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travellingsarah on 2/4/2010 at 14:29

Hanoi International Music Festival - 8 May 2010

Posted by busylizzy on 1/4/2010 at 01:55

Going to be in Vietnam in May? I was looking up something about Dengue Fever (the band), and came across this info. "Taking place on Saturday 8 May 2010, the CAMA Festival will include a spectacular line up of artists from Vietnam, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the Philippines and China. In addition, there will be a non-stop DJ tent, a wide variety of international food and drinks, and entertainment and games throughout the day for adults and children alike. http://www.camafes ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,890 times, with no replies.

Confusion over Visa

Posted by MLSinclair on 27/3/2010 at 02:14

Hi, I'm starting my trip in a couple of weeks. I'm heading to Oz and NZ (for 2 months combined), Singapore, KL, Thailand (3 weeks), Laos (1 1/2 weeks), Vietnam (2 1/2 weeks), Cambodia (1 week). I have had to send off for a new passport recently, and have yet to receive my new one. I do think I will have time to send my new passport down to the Vietnamese embassy before I leave. I have read on some other posts that I can get a Vietnamese visa from Thai embassies in Sydney (?), and Bangkok, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,795 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 31/3/2010 at 22:51

Minsk for Sale in Saigon

Posted by Badvaktenbengt on 30/3/2010 at 17:58

Selling my Bike after two wicked weeks on the road from Hanoi. I got it serviced yesterday and now it runs perfect. Include: 2 helmets some spare parts and tools papers Call me +841698577884 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,867 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Badvaktenbengt on 31/3/2010 at 17:30

Hanoi to Ninh Binh

Posted by John67 on 30/3/2010 at 23:32

Hi, I've 25 nights to get from Hanoi to Saigon after Hanoi & Halong Bay. I'd like to visit Ning Binh & Tam Hoc but can this be done easily before heading to Hue/Hoi An or is it best to travel to and from Hanoi?. Thanks John ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,514 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travellingsarah on 31/3/2010 at 11:46

one way motorbike hire, hoi an to hue!

Posted by laallee on 28/3/2010 at 16:33

hope someone can help me out, im looking to hire a motorbike and go over the hai van pass from hoi an to hue, i will need a company that will pick the bike up from hue as we will be moving on to HCMC. has anyone tried this type of thing and has a company i can contact please. laallee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,232 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by roynolan on 31/3/2010 at 00:27

when best to do vietnam between oct-jan

Posted by noakess on 29/3/2010 at 01:51

Hi, sorry for double post - but need help - I am going to go with boyf for about 10 weeks to Vietnam+Cambodia and finish with Thai gulf islands. can go anytime between late october and jan - what will be best for weather ? thinking to start at Hanoi work our way down then off to cambodia and end with bangkok and an island. love the sun, worry about rain in central vietnam and low temp up in sapa. any advice? quite flexible with departure date... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,162 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 30/3/2010 at 14:16

Need advice for Nha Trang tour

Posted by Babalugats on 21/3/2010 at 02:43

Hi guys. I'll be visiting Nha Trang this June; it will be my first time to visit Vietnam. I'll arrive in Ho Chi Minh at past 12 MN. Is there a train schedule from HCM to Nha Trang at early morning? Or is better to take a plane (Vietnam Airlines) instead? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,282 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 30/3/2010 at 08:13

Voluntary work in French speaking area

Posted by Dgrego on 29/3/2010 at 18:10

Hi guys, I really want to do some voluntary work in Vietnam for a non goverment, none profit organisation. I have 4-6 weeks and about £1200 to do this. Has anyone got any suggestions of charities or organisations I can contact? I speak French and would like to use this skill. Manual labour would be perfect but I would also like to work with children. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,625 times, with no replies.

===WANTED=== Minsk motorbike in HCMC/Saigon

Posted by djdiscomark on 27/3/2010 at 16:18

Hello! I just arrived in HCMC/Saigon this evening (March 27th, 2010) and am looking to buy your motor bike off from you and hear your cross country story, perhaps pick up a tip or two. I'll be in town until I can find a bike, and will be available almost any time to meet. Cheers! Mark markdangelo@live.com (your best bet) 01 510 761 6791 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,528 times, with no replies.

Hanoi Hue flights

Posted by TheArchdeacon on 19/3/2010 at 02:02

Travelling in Oct. Jetstar website does not appear to be working.Vietnam Airlines looking for £117 which seems excessive. Need a cheap flight Hanoi to Hue. Any advice. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,649 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by patrickobrien on 27/3/2010 at 15:57

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page