Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Hanoi to Ninh Binh

Posted by John67 on 30/3/2010 at 23:32

Hi, I've 25 nights to get from Hanoi to Saigon after Hanoi & Halong Bay. I'd like to visit Ning Binh & Tam Hoc but can this be done easily before heading to Hue/Hoi An or is it best to travel to and from Hanoi?. Thanks John ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,496 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travellingsarah on 31/3/2010 at 11:46

one way motorbike hire, hoi an to hue!

Posted by laallee on 28/3/2010 at 16:33

hope someone can help me out, im looking to hire a motorbike and go over the hai van pass from hoi an to hue, i will need a company that will pick the bike up from hue as we will be moving on to HCMC. has anyone tried this type of thing and has a company i can contact please. laallee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,208 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by roynolan on 31/3/2010 at 00:27

when best to do vietnam between oct-jan

Posted by noakess on 29/3/2010 at 01:51

Hi, sorry for double post - but need help - I am going to go with boyf for about 10 weeks to Vietnam+Cambodia and finish with Thai gulf islands. can go anytime between late october and jan - what will be best for weather ? thinking to start at Hanoi work our way down then off to cambodia and end with bangkok and an island. love the sun, worry about rain in central vietnam and low temp up in sapa. any advice? quite flexible with departure date... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,151 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 30/3/2010 at 14:16

Need advice for Nha Trang tour

Posted by Babalugats on 21/3/2010 at 02:43

Hi guys. I'll be visiting Nha Trang this June; it will be my first time to visit Vietnam. I'll arrive in Ho Chi Minh at past 12 MN. Is there a train schedule from HCM to Nha Trang at early morning? Or is better to take a plane (Vietnam Airlines) instead? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,274 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 30/3/2010 at 08:13

Voluntary work in French speaking area

Posted by Dgrego on 29/3/2010 at 18:10

Hi guys, I really want to do some voluntary work in Vietnam for a non goverment, none profit organisation. I have 4-6 weeks and about £1200 to do this. Has anyone got any suggestions of charities or organisations I can contact? I speak French and would like to use this skill. Manual labour would be perfect but I would also like to work with children. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,620 times, with no replies.

===WANTED=== Minsk motorbike in HCMC/Saigon

Posted by djdiscomark on 27/3/2010 at 16:18

Hello! I just arrived in HCMC/Saigon this evening (March 27th, 2010) and am looking to buy your motor bike off from you and hear your cross country story, perhaps pick up a tip or two. I'll be in town until I can find a bike, and will be available almost any time to meet. Cheers! Mark (your best bet) 01 510 761 6791 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,521 times, with no replies.

Hanoi Hue flights

Posted by TheArchdeacon on 19/3/2010 at 02:02

Travelling in Oct. Jetstar website does not appear to be working.Vietnam Airlines looking for £117 which seems excessive. Need a cheap flight Hanoi to Hue. Any advice. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,644 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by patrickobrien on 27/3/2010 at 15:57

Bus or Boat? from Ho Chi Mihn City to Phnom Phen

Posted by hfergu on 23/3/2010 at 02:53

Hello - Would anyone be able to explain the bus versus the boat options from HCHMC to Phnom Phen? I want to make the best usage of time possible, but also have an enjoyable trip. Also, I'm not interested in speedboat options. Thanks :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,396 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by LaureneCao on 27/3/2010 at 11:48

Sell Minsk for 250 USD

Posted by georg_k on 26/3/2010 at 13:59

Who wants to have a minsk? Did a great job from hanoi to Saigon! Text me for details or give me call! 01202009934 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,048 times, with no replies.

south vietnam itinery suggestions

Posted by mellimoon on 26/3/2010 at 11:13

Hi, i'm currently in Vietnam, ive travelled down from hanoi, halong and hue. I'm in hoi an planning my next steps. Basically i have a few days spare to play with, and want some suggestions on what to do with them. Already on my agenda is na trangh, delat, mui ne, mekong area, saigon. I missed out Sapa, and i'm now regretting it, so maybe a sapa-esque experience around dalat might be worthwhile(?) Any ideas on what might be suitable, or any other ideas for 2 or three nights somewhere else i cou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,424 times, with no replies.

Postage from Hanoi

Posted by smash on 20/3/2010 at 08:10

Hi all I need to post some stuff from Hanoi (my backpack needs relieving of some winter clothes). I need it to arrive in Dubai within 30 days so I don't mind paying for a better service. Can someone please recommend some good postage options in Hanoi? Cheers, ash ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,194 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travellingsarah on 26/3/2010 at 00:11

How should I distribute my time in Laos & Vietnam this June & July

Posted by hofo_mofo on 17/3/2010 at 10:12

Hello all. First off I would like to say thank you for all the information and opinions I have found on Travelfish; it has helped me greatly. Regrettably I am at an impasse in terms of planning my upcoming vacation in June and July. What I already have is the following: Jun 3 – Jun 8, Hong Kong Jun 8 – Jun 13, Bali So that is all I have. I am pretty much firm on the duration I plan on having in those two places (but let me know). Now this is where I need help. From June 13 to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,923 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 25/3/2010 at 23:56

Sapa weather & trekking

Posted by zohe on 31/3/2007 at 12:17

I heard that Sapa can be pretty chilling. Do i need additional warm clothing if i'm travelling to Sapa in early may? For the trekking trips, is it recommended to walk with a trekking boots or any other shoe or even slippers are fine? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,094 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mifox2 on 25/3/2010 at 20:22

Sapa/Ban Ho or Cao Son for 2 nights? - Please advice

Posted by Ginta on 9/12/2009 at 16:31

Hello, After reading many interesting posts about Sapa , I still can't make up my mind! Please help! We will arrive to Lao Cai train station on 23rd Dec. We have 2 nights in the area and hope to do some walking (moderate) and stay in local villages. We of course would like to have best scenary but more improtantly to avoid mini-hotel type of homestays. My questions are: 1. would we miss a lot if we dont go to sapa at all but stay in Cao Son, Coc LY, Mai Cai Than area? 2. If Sap ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,966 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by hanoimikeshotel on 25/3/2010 at 11:54

Travel Help/Suggestions Needed

Posted by jxs336 on 24/3/2010 at 10:49

My wife and I are heading to Asia in the summer. I'll let you know my travel plan, can someone please provide me with suggestions or tips on would it be better to travel by land or by air and also where and how to find places to stay, should I book online or when I get there and let me know if the amount of time in each destination is adequate. I've so far only booked my international flight Vancouver to Bali Bangkok to Vancouver so I was thinking Vancouver to Bali (stay in Nusa Du ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,262 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by lexkssnbrg on 25/3/2010 at 10:45

Need advice on tours

Posted by todd_reid on 18/3/2010 at 13:51

Hi folks, I'm developing a short itinerary with and was offered a price of 319$ for 2 nights at the Intercontinental Westlake hotel and 1 night aboard the Bhaya cruise. Could any of you here advise if it's good value for money and if the company/boat operator is legitimate. Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,230 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by todd_reid on 24/3/2010 at 09:01

itinerary advice for 2 weeks in Vietnam and Thailand

Posted by jztravels on 22/2/2010 at 02:01

We will be visiting Vietnam and Thailand in August 2010. I will be meeting my 17 year old daughter who will be completing a two week service trip in Laos and Cambodia in Bangkok. From research I have set on the following itinerary...We will leave Bangkok to Hanoi , one night Hanoi (Hotel Elegance), Sapa 4days (two on sleeper, one night to BacHa market then on to Sapa, hotel stay then second night homestay) Halong Bay for 2 nights (Prince junk), going the less traveled route to Bai Tu Long B ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,686 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 24/3/2010 at 05:48

Hanoi to HCMC 18 days

Posted by jessia on 22/3/2010 at 06:54

Hi all, I'm trying to decide a good way to travel: Hanoi (& Halong) to Hoi An to Nha Trang to Mui Ne to HCMC. We've got about 18 days to do all that, and I'm thinking about doing one flight leg (maybe Hanoi to Da Nang then train to bus to Hoi An?) and the rest either train or bus or hire motorbikes/ scooters. I've read the most picturesque train journey is to Hue, but I'm not planning on going there. Any other beautiful train rides/ best leg to fly/ opinions? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,169 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Junie on 23/3/2010 at 22:36

vietnam+cambodia nov-dec - please review early plan...

Posted by noakess on 21/3/2010 at 16:30

hi all - thank you so much for all the advice. decided to go for 2 months and include vietnam, cambodia and beach break at the end,,.( cant decide between phu quoc and a thai island). would like to keep it quite flexible - and skip stops / or fly if we are running out of time... see updated plan below. the only thing im slightly concerned about is the weather - looks like starting in mid-late Nov might be best option - but i can travel as early as sep and as late as jan - so would appreciat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,622 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/3/2010 at 07:42

RachGai to Chau Doc

Posted by GCAUS on 21/3/2010 at 09:52

After staying on Phu Quoc Island we want to travel to Phnom Phen and onwards to Siem Reap. Rather than back track to HCMC (plus saving heaps on an air fare (best I could find was PQ to PP via HCMC was $300 each!) we were thinking of busing from Rach Gai to Chau Doc then the fast boat to Phnom Phen.I am hoping someone can answer my questions on part of the trip 1. Which bus station do I need in Rach Gai? The one closest to the airport or the one in town? and what is the best way from ai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,809 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/3/2010 at 07:28

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page