Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Vietnam Visa but no particular dates

Posted by zoedimak on 17/2/2010 at 02:53

Hi! Sorry for posting another visa related question.. I know the visa for Vietnam is a tricky one as you need to get one in advance and not in arrival. I want to arrange the papers and everything but I don't have a ticket, or anything that proves when I'll be going in or out yet. We are planning to do the whole Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam etc trip but only have a ticket for Thailand so far and no fixed dates or papers for the rest? Any advice? Thanks in advance! z ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,269 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rebeccafarrent on 18/2/2010 at 11:12

halong bay day trip

Posted by roynolan on 22/1/2010 at 00:34

has anyone been on a decent day trip to Halong Bay recently, and who with. Is the Sinh cafe day trip any good? I know I should go for longer but have no more time. I know this has been dealt with numerous times, but an update would be nice. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,417 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by laus on 18/2/2010 at 09:04

hcmc to phu quoc

Posted by alfie7 on 14/2/2010 at 03:42

hi all new to this forum. after spending 2 days in hcmc i want to travelling to phu quoc through the metong delta. what would be the best way to get there and where to stop off ? how many days to spend in phu quoc? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,278 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by laus on 18/2/2010 at 08:49

St. Patrick's Day in Vietnam

Posted by Sono on 17/2/2010 at 20:50

Anyone know if there is anywhere that there is some party on that we should aim to go for? 2 of coming from Ireland in March and we would like to join in on the celebrations if there is anything on! Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,165 times, with no replies.

Cost of things in Vietnam 2010

Posted by kitten1 on 13/2/2010 at 16:35

Hi, Travelling to Vietnam in April - would appreciate advice on what I can expect to pay for: Taxi Airport - City 3* hotel Shopping (market): Bag's, shoes, t-shirts etc... Flight HCMC to Phu Quoc Taxi in and around HCMC city Eating out in a standard restaurant I just want to have a benchmark to work with as I have no idea what is expensive and reasonable. Thanks so much ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,019 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 16/2/2010 at 23:38

What is the best way to get from Vietnam to Thailand?

Posted by Beth2010 on 15/2/2010 at 20:30

Newbie backpackers seek help!! Will be flying into Hanoi then sightseeing in Vietnam for 4 weeks, at the end of which we want to get over to Thailand. What is the best way to do this, preferably without flying, and if possible, without crossing too many borders (thinking visas here..) thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,434 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by francesstella on 16/2/2010 at 16:22

Vietnam an Cmabodia in 5 weeks?

Posted by noakess on 14/2/2010 at 17:44

Hi, planning my first 'big' trip for next November-December. can only take limited time off work. planned to go to Laos-Cambodia-Vietnam but realised it'll be too much. looks like ill have about 5-6 weeks. would like to visit places below and end on a sunny island (Phu Coc or one of the thai islands?). not sure logistically what's the best rout - and if im still trying to do too much. going to flt in/out of Bangkok, cab fly some routes along the way.... Cambodia Kratie Phnom Penh Siem ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,005 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by nzlup on 16/2/2010 at 16:06

Ferry for me and my moto to Phu Quoc?

Posted by adangerousbusiness on 14/2/2010 at 21:12

Will any of the ferries to Phu Quoc take me and my moto over to the island? Thanks! AVS ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,650 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by WonderingTsar on 16/2/2010 at 14:23

vietnam cambodia and loas iterinary suggestions

Posted by linda_4383 on 1/2/2010 at 14:56

Hi everyone im hoping you can help us come up with an amazing plan for our trip. we are flying in to and out of HCMC with about 3 and half weeks of time. about 10 days for vietnam and hoping to see cambodia and laos aswell. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,465 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by edwuppy on 14/2/2010 at 15:14

Warning! Mekong tour hell

Posted by Nennapuss on 6/2/2010 at 12:29

Stay away from any Mekong tour under the umbrella name of Mekong Tours. We have had the misfortune to have booked onto a Mekong Tours 3 day delta trip from Chau Doc to HCMC. We have been travelling for 5 months and this was the worst experience we had. The tour was booked from a hotel in Chau Doc and took in My Tho and Can Tho before arrival in HCMC. The tour is split between 2 or 3 companies each day and no one seems to take responsibility for the passengers. We had the tour change arrang ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,172 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Pablot on 14/2/2010 at 09:48

Saigon - What is the real deal?

Posted by beanspot on 12/2/2010 at 04:15

We will be traveling to Southern Vietnam soon and my husband has shown no interest in HCMC unlike myself. This our first time to Vietnam and he says HCMC will be dirty, gross and filled with nothing but thieves and beggars so wants to spend time onyl coming and going fromt he airport. Of course he has read nothing of this site he just assumes because it is a big city it will be comparable to a third world country but I am bound and determined to convince him otherwise. Any help and or advice w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,771 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by NYTim on 14/2/2010 at 02:01

hotel help da lat

Posted by uktravelman on 12/7/2009 at 23:55

hi i want to book dreams hotel da lat as got a good rep but cant find web site , is it good idea to book via e.mail or just turn up cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,279 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by roznkaz on 11/2/2010 at 09:00

HCMC to PP overnight via Mekong - Sinh Travel vs Kim Travel OR ???

Posted by smash on 11/2/2010 at 04:50

Hey all I'm looking at booking an overnight trip through Sinh or Kim Travel online. Both have trips for US$35-US$40pp. Yes I could do this by myself/when I arrive, but with only 15 nights for Vietnam and Cambodia, I can't be bothered! So who would you recommend and why? Kim Travel has a slightly more expensive option which uses a fast boat to Phnom Penh which might actually be good for us as it would give us an afternoon there as opposed to arriving early evening. Thanks!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,289 times, with no replies.

Diving in Vietnam

Posted by ruten on 4/9/2006 at 19:27

Hi! We are coming to Vietnam in early October, and want to dive quite a bit. Can anyone reccomend any good diving spots/diving operators from Phu Quoc and all the way up to Hanoi? We will be staing in Vietnam for 4 weeks, and hope to manager approx 10 dives. What prices are we to expect for eash dive? We will be flying in and out from HCMC, and plan on going to Phu Quoc first, then up towards Hanoi along the coast. Hope to dive at least 4-5 different places. Is there a possibility to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,044 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by cmw214 on 10/2/2010 at 18:49

NGOC HONG TRAVEL IN SAIGON - WARNING

Posted by paulsupermario on 9/2/2010 at 20:45

This travel company told me I was booking 1 bus, the Saigon to Hanoi bus, up to Hue. They were very clear about that when I bought the ticket. But of course the next day I turned up and was told it was 3 buses with a 12 hour stop at Nha Trang, and another at Hoi An. Wouldn't trust this travel company, go with someone else. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,626 times, with no replies.

2 Minsks for Sale

Posted by Nandoras on 9/2/2010 at 13:01

We have two Minsk motorbikes for sale, brilliant condition. We bought the Minsk motorbikes on the 8 of February via the Hanoi Youth Hostel. Unfortunately we have to sell them already. We planned to have a trip of two weeks to Sapa and back, but because of an heavy injured leg we can't go on anymore. Therefore we want to sale our very good Minsk motorbikes. 20th of February we are going back to Saigon, so it is also possible to buy it in Saigon. Ofcourse the bikes come with the p ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,585 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Nandoras on 9/2/2010 at 13:14

Phu Quoc or Nha Trang??

Posted by hamilove on 8/2/2010 at 13:48

Hey all, just trying to decide between flying from HCMC to phu quoc for a few days then flying from HCMC to Hanoi OR Travelling up the coast stopping at Nha Trang and Hoi an on the way to Hanoi by train?? Would I miss much not going to phu quoc as im leaning more towards the train travel so i can see more of the country side of Vietnam? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,496 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/2/2010 at 07:59

Ho chi minh to sihanoukville

Posted by louisey405 on 8/2/2010 at 23:04

I'm Going to be in Ho chi minh city for a few days and sihanoukville in Cambodia has been highly recommended. Our plan originaly was to go to Phnom Pehn and siem reap so im hoping it wouldnt be so difficult to just start down south and work my way up. I was told that a bus would be the best way to go but i read somewhere that it is easier to go to phnom phen and then to sihanoukville but that seems like alot of hassle. Can anyone help me with this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,489 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by jasonkim8486 on 9/2/2010 at 05:02

Vietnam and Ankor wat in 12 days???

Posted by brunogiel on 2/2/2010 at 20:48

Hi, It would be great if someone can help me with this. I've been in BKK and Chiang mai, and now i'm in Koh Phi Phi. I dont have much time but i want to visit as much as I can of vietnam (would like to go to Halong Bay and the War tunnels). Im arriving at Saigon airport on the 6th or the 8th of february and I'm leaving asia from BKK the 20th of the same month. I want to see Angkor wat and as much as i can from Vietnam, and maybe (but don't think I have time) tubbing in Vang Vieng. What ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,390 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by brunogiel on 7/2/2010 at 19:45

Travelling from Guilin to Hanoi

Posted by ham on 7/2/2010 at 04:40

I need information about travelling from Guilin to Hanoi by Train and Bus.Has anyone done this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,090 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ham on 7/2/2010 at 15:31

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page