Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

One-cent worth opinion on Halong Bay tour

Posted by 29lovelyme on 22/12/2009 at 11:04

Hey hey hey, I’m back for the last time to give you my one-cent worth opinion. After all I owe it to travelfish for using their website to get ideas. I am too lazy to write long, so I’ll just focus on Halong Bay tour where I talked a lot in the past. I cruised with Columbus and for me it was just ok, I noticed they’re doing their best to address their issue and it’s good. But here’s the thing, I realized it’s easy to grab a tour for Halong Bay. You can even get into public boats for ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,756 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by seaweed18 on 22/12/2009 at 12:26

Central Highland dam caused flash flooding

Posted by Pablot on 22/12/2009 at 07:15

Way I heard it is this year the worse flooding and loss of life in Hoi An was due to a dam north of Hoi An being openned incorrectly and the resultant flash flood washed away part of a village! my point is very simply stay away from Central Highlands with dams during monsoon season September thru December! so as not to "damage" tourism much goes unreported! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,418 times, with no replies.

Need advise from Hanoi to Vientiane

Posted by theCATALYST on 21/12/2009 at 13:50

I need a quick advise on how to get to Vientiane from Hanoi . I'm going there Dec. 22 (tomorrow). Where in Hanoi can I board a bus or a train? How much is the fare? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,686 times, with no replies.

Exploring the Oriental Culture from Middle to North? Advisable Budget & Time?

Posted by tuktukdriver on 21/12/2009 at 11:40

We’re five, young travelers from Spain. We'd like advices of how to allocate the time and budget for our journey to explore the Oriental Culture from Middle to North Vietnam We’re thinking about staying around 2 nites in Hue on arrival (Dec.30) and intend to spend our time until (Dec.31) to celebrate New Year for 1st in Vietnam, then continuing to go Hanoi for more or less 7-8 days (Jan.2-Jan.10) to do treks in Sapa or go somewhere else ( Jan.2-Jan 6) and Halong ( Jan.7 – Jan.10) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,229 times, with no replies.

7-Days Itinerary,Which Junk & Tour Operator???

Posted by rodlove on 16/12/2009 at 16:37

Hi, my buddy and I are planning on spending a week in North Vietnam on celebrity of the Christmas and New Year Eve. We are wondering which tour company is the more realiable as for price and quality of the day tours? with professional guide …would like to spend 1D trip to visit famous spots in Hanoi, 2 D/1N in Sapa to explore the local hill peoples’life and 3D/2N in Ha Long Bay to taste a beach-life so if anyone has other suggestions that would be appreciated. I also would like to check ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,517 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/12/2009 at 10:44

Booking problems through bookhostels.com

Posted by jejuted on 18/12/2009 at 19:26

Recently booked a room at Yellow House for the first week in feb/10 and got an email from Yellow House a few days later saying they were closed (no mention of for how long). Hummm. Can't return the email to bookhostels.com. Anyone else had this happen?? I wo9uld like to apply my deposit to another place. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,430 times, with no replies.

Shanghai to China Beach!?

Posted by biophlame on 18/12/2009 at 00:45

Hi, I'm looking to travel to Hoi An/Da Nang in late January and seeing as there are no direct flights from Shanghai, can someone advise me on how to get there? What city should I fly into (I will be flying out of Shanghai), and from there, how do I get myself to Da Nang? Thanks! Sorry if this question has come up before, I ran a quick search w/ no luck! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,418 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 18/12/2009 at 13:33

Gold Wedding Anniversary Aboard

Posted by Simonwong65 on 14/12/2009 at 17:28

I am planning to travel 2 weeks for my golden wedding anniversary. My beloved wife is always dreaming about a trekking trip on oriental classic elegance cuirse. We are in Singapore and are expected to go during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday ( roughly 20 Dec to 26 Dec 09). Locations are in the Southeast Asian countries like Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam. I wish this voyage will be travel golden wedding anniversary time that will be really sweet and etched in our mind. So I hope to re ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,408 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by NYTim on 17/12/2009 at 22:34

e-mail dreams hotel dalat?

Posted by jonenlyd on 13/11/2009 at 23:04

I'm trying to reach dreams hotel in dalat but i can't seem to get a reply from them via travelfish. Does anyone have their current email adress? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,604 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 17/12/2009 at 20:00

Lang Co

Posted by pinguin on 17/6/2009 at 17:04

I would like to have information about this place. Any thing you can give me . food, accomodation and what to do there. thnkx pingu ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,169 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Pablot on 17/12/2009 at 13:56

how long and where?

Posted by curioustraveller on 10/12/2009 at 16:22

Im not sure if this is the most appropriate place for this post but here goes anyways. I'll be overseas for a month (14th jan-15th feb, 2010), starting in bangkok and then heading up to chiang mai. I plan to spend around 9 days in thailand (Im not too flexible with this part). From there i would like to head through laos and then over to the north of vietnam and hopefully cambodia of possible. My question is where are the best places to go considering my time constraints, and is cambodia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,441 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 17/12/2009 at 08:59

Hoi An/Danang or Nha Trang

Posted by limdq on 5/4/2009 at 15:22

Hi all! I'll be visiting Vietnam from 11 -20th June. I'll be making the Hanoi-Saigon trip. I'll be spending 4days in Hanoi/Halong and 3 in Saigon. Thing is, i'm stuck between spending the remaining 3 days in Nha Trang or Danang/Hoi An. I'll be making the all trips via plane, so that should cut down alot of time. Please comment. thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,462 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by suzttec on 16/12/2009 at 06:01

Tunnels

Posted by KazAussie on 11/12/2009 at 13:30

Hi which would you recommend visiting... Vinh Moc tunnels, Chui Chui tunnels, one or both? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,096 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 14/12/2009 at 08:01

Mekong Travel Ltd Vinh Long - recommended

Posted by justwondering on 27/10/2009 at 08:17

We decided to make our own way down to the Delta (minibus) and base ourselves in Vinh Long province for 3 days, 3 nights, rather than flitting around the whole Delta. We went straight to Mekong Travel Ltd in Vinh Long and booked some homestays and a private guide for 2 days, 2 nights. they have a choice of homestays, a standard package includes 1 or 2 days guided tour of the island, Cai Be market etc and 1 night in a homestay of your choice. ($46-$60 for 2 people). Our guide was Anna and s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,325 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by justwondering on 14/12/2009 at 03:29

WHAT IS BEST ORDER TO GO TO THESE PLACES IN VIETNAM, CAMBODIA & LAOS IN FIVE WEEK TRIP?

Posted by dvdwilensky on 1/12/2009 at 04:40

I FLY INTO SAIGON, JAN 5 & OUT OF HANOI, FEB. 9. I WANT TO VISIT PHU QUOC ISLAND (mabe Mekong area), SIEM REAP/ANKOR WAT, (FLY TO DA NANG?), HOI AN, HANOI, LUANG PRABANG,HALONG BAY,SAPA? ANYWHERE YOU'D ADD,AS BAC HA -NEAR SAPS- OR LIKE SOMETHING AROUND SIEM REAP OR AROUND LUANG PRABANG THANK YOU DAVE & LOGENE ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,343 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sdl68 on 12/12/2009 at 06:53

Kep to Ha Tien (and Phu Quoc)

Posted by danandhan on 11/12/2009 at 21:36

From Kep , the road to the border is a dirt road. We managed fine in a car (not sure about tuk-tuks). At the border you will get your Cambodia exit stamp and either walk (10 mns) or hire a moto to the Vietnamese side to get a stamp (no VOA). Then it's a 10 mn ride to Ha Tien . We hired a private taxi from Rith Travel - he has an office at the Kep Crab Market - a few doors down from the LP recommended Kimly crab restaurant. He will ask for $35 dollars for the journey from Kep to Ha Tien ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,668 times, with no replies.

Weather in Hanoi Area & Sapa in January

Posted by vvish on 23/11/2008 at 21:59

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Vietnam on January - I am starting at HCMC and traveling up north. Does the weather up north allow traveling & trekking at this time of year? I am especially interested in trekking in the Sapa area Thanks, Vita ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,483 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by saso on 10/12/2009 at 17:18

Totally Amateur Questions about Ha Long...

Posted by justdroppingby on 30/11/2009 at 22:02

A friend and I will be in Hanoi for 6 nights. Wanted to spend 2 of them at Ha Long Bay. 1. What do I do with my bag? Do I book a hotel in Hanoi for 4 nights and bring all my stuff with me to Ha Long? Or is that asking for trouble? Should I book a room for 6 nights, even though I won't be there for 2 of them, just to have a place to leave my stuff? That seems silly. What's the typical M.O. for a trip to Ha Long? 2. Should we arrange a trip through our hotel? Or will there be cheaper alte ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,027 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:46

Minh Travel on Tran Phu

Posted by roynolan on 10/12/2009 at 00:25

Hi Can anyone tell me if Minh Travel is still open in Danang? and what are the rooms like, and do they rent motorbikes. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,236 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:20

seeking a low monthly rate in an old quarter guesthouse in Hanoi

Posted by davoz on 10/12/2009 at 06:17

well, the title says it all. anyone know of a guesthouse in the old quarter that has a low monthly rate? l will pay 1 month in full upon check-in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,389 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page