Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Flying to Hanoi and taking night train to Lao Cai on the same day.

Posted by ngg18 on 30/11/2009 at 04:23

Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is feasible and practical to fly from Can Tho to Hanoi , arriving at 6:20pm and then going straight to the train station to take the night train to Loa Cai at 9:55? If possible I would like to avoid having to stay in Hanoi for a night. I guess there would be no problem getting to the train station in time, however can I just buy tickets (soft sleeper)b when I get there or should I buy well in advance? If so, what is a reliable place ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,748 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Puggles on 2/12/2009 at 08:23

Sim card in Vietnam

Posted by mojopac on 26/10/2009 at 05:35

Hi all, I'll be visiting Nha Trang and HCMC (a week in each) from the 2nd Nov. I have a business back here in Australia and need to be in touch. Can you buy a Sim card in Vietnam for a Blackberry? Is user friendly? Can I call Australia and in turn can they call me? I believe Global Roaming is outrageously expensive. Thanks for any advice. A terrific site. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,557 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by jgg on 1/12/2009 at 00:24

Mui Ne to Nha Trang

Posted by joeyleong on 28/11/2009 at 10:35

How frequent is the bus from Mui Ne -> Nha Trang ? ARe there buses after noon time ? I am planning to do a morning dune tour at Mui Ne and leaving the place at late noon. If theres no choice, i am willing to catch the bus from nearby Phan Thiet. Thanks ! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,753 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by svennekedj on 30/11/2009 at 20:32

Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh

Posted by 02091611 on 25/11/2009 at 07:22

My family of 4 want to hire a driver with a car (preferable) to get /accompany us from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh via a few places. We are probably allowing a week to 10 days. Is this possible and does anyone have any idea as to how much it would cost per day? Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,657 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by svennekedj on 30/11/2009 at 20:30

Laos Adventure & Fun... !

Posted by freebird on 30/11/2009 at 17:54

Hey, 3 girls here in our mid 20's looking for fun/atmosphere/party in Laos through December/Jan? Where will be the warmest and any suggestions of a fun place to spend Christmas? Also some cool spots to check out aside from LP, VV etc... ? Any advice much appreciated! :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,242 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somsai on 30/11/2009 at 18:58

advice needed

Posted by lauramcauley on 22/11/2009 at 02:37

hi all taking a trip for my honeymoon, we start off in japan for 4 days then fly down to bangkok, after this we have a trip through cambodia for 10 days, we end up in HCMC, we have 5 days here before we go to phu quoc for a week. We are torn between trips to dalat and the highlands, or maybe doing the beach thing in nha trang, mui ne etc in the five days after HCMC, Any ideas would be welcome. ta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,374 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travellingtina on 27/11/2009 at 20:16

Snow in Sapa?

Posted by 29lovelyme on 23/11/2009 at 11:45

I bumped into some information online of snowing in Sapa but there's no pictures, can anyone confirm this? I want to know how thick it is. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,936 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by 29lovelyme on 26/11/2009 at 09:58

phu quoc from...?

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 24/11/2009 at 09:35

is it possible to get to Phu Quoc island from either Kampot or Sihanoukville?? dont want to cross the border and travel all the way out to rach gia since will already be at kampot. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,074 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Lawoat on 24/11/2009 at 18:34

Ha Tien Border Crossing???

Posted by nadjan on 24/7/2006 at 18:54

Hi, I'm going to Cambodia and Vietnam in December and need to know if you can cross the border at Ha Tien? I've read that currently only Vietnamese and Cambodians can do so. If it's not possible, does anyone know if you can travel from Kep to Chau Doc without going via Phnom Penh or if you can fly from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc. Basically i'm trying to get from Sihanoukville / Kep to Phu Quoc in the quickest time possible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,588 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travellingtina on 24/11/2009 at 05:08

Phu Quoc-Sihanoukville ferry

Posted by jclarkson on 19/11/2009 at 06:34

I read in an LP that there may be a ferry starting soon from Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville . Does anyone know if there is such a ferry? Alternatively does anyone have any recommendations on getting to Sihanoukville from Vietnam? Thanks Josh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,246 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travellingtina on 24/11/2009 at 04:54

Getting to Vietnam from Phnom Penh

Posted by donveli on 15/10/2009 at 18:07

Hi guys! Im traveling 6 weeks in SE asia from beginning of december. I will start from bkk and from there i was thinking about to go to Cambodia. since i've been already to Cambodia i was thinking to spend only a few days in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, and from there i wanna travel to Saigon. Is it possible to get to Saigon from PP via bus? visas are possible to get from the boarder also? and from Saigon i'd like to visit maybe Mui Ne. Never been to Vietnam before so i'd like to get some tips ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,021 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by travellingtina on 24/11/2009 at 04:50

good tailor for suit in hanoi

Posted by xquisitecorpse on 23/11/2009 at 19:03

hi all, just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good tailor in hanoi for my partner to have a suit made. Hes pretty tall by western standards so hes regarded as godzilla here ;p (market vendors say "no big sizes" !! when they see him !) any suggestions ? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,587 times, with no replies.

What's Annotation on Vietnam tourist C1 visa ?

Posted by jayanraj on 22/11/2009 at 21:24

Hi, After getting pre - arranged visa approval letter copy from my Hanoi based travel operator I went to General counsular of Vietnam, at his Mumbai office and got C1 visa stamped on my passport. Validity 30 days, single entry. However the 'Annotation' column was left blank by consular. What is that & will I face any problem while leaving India or after reaching Hanoi airport ? Jayanraj ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,974 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by lexkssnbrg on 23/11/2009 at 16:23

vietnam visa requirtments

Posted by foieslinger on 11/11/2009 at 02:40

i'm about to send my travel visa application to the consulate in washington d.c. section #10 on the application form asks where i will be staying during my stay in vietnam. well, i don't really know yet. i fly into hanoi and will be crossing into cambodia a month later. i don't want to make any hotel reservations until i get to vietnam, should i leave section #10 of the visa application blank? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,398 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by SaigonDaze on 22/11/2009 at 01:10

2 days on Halong bay with Phoenix Cruiser

Posted by doremona on 3/11/2009 at 15:14

Hey everyone I going to have 2 days trip to Halong bay on Halong Pheonix Cruise. I read this Phoenix via email I do not know why they got my mail but I visted this website, and the cruiser is quite beautiful. And can anyone here know alot infos to suggest for me about this Cruiser. And one more question i love shopping so much. Where is in Halong that comfortable for shopping? And my husband can not eat seafood so is it posible for us to order our own on that. Any recommend? Thanks for your he ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,987 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by doremona on 21/11/2009 at 10:38

Advice on SHORT trip to Vietnam...

Posted by knauermd on 13/11/2009 at 09:40

Cheers all, Wondering if any might have an advice...I have only 11 days on short holiday trip to visit Cambodia/Vietnam...I've heard that if I'm in SE Asia, Angkor Wat is not to be missed...so my tentative plans.. I arrive in Siem Reap on Monday, 30 November at 8am, so I get a full day in Angkor Wat... and possibly spend the next two days (so 3 full days) there until Wednesday, 2 December. From there my itinerary looks to be the following: 2 December - Siem Reap - Ho Chi Minh City arriv ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,722 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by knauermd on 20/11/2009 at 09:56

vietnam and laos

Posted by blingy on 19/11/2009 at 13:08

hey all, i'm planning a trip to vietnam and laos for about 20 days on a budget. my trip starts in ho chi minh city and ends in Viang Chan. My questions are as follows: 1) How much time should i allot to each country? 2) is it hard to get from vietnam to laos overland? any advice would be much appreciated! thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,021 times, with no replies.

3-day Mekong Delta tour from Pnohm Penh to Rach Gia- does it exist?

Posted by Seba on 17/11/2009 at 22:30

Hello everyone, since I have 3 days between leaving Pnomnh Penh and flying out from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc, I was wondering if anyone knows about a 3-day organized tour from PP ending in Rach Gia? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,432 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/11/2009 at 08:22

Vietnam Motor Bike Ride - Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi

Posted by ozscott on 2/11/2009 at 09:05

Folks, Planning on doing a motor bike ride from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi sometime next May to August 2010. Planning on landing in Ho Chi Minh, and taking 2+ weeks to ride to Hanoi. I'll be travelling with a friend on seperate bikes, we're both experienced road riders in Australia for many a year now, and I personally have already motor bike riden in the likes of Hanoi previously, and don't forsee any riding experience issues in Vietnam in doing this trip (other than getting lost). I'm planning ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,188 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dezztroyer on 16/11/2009 at 16:41

Vietnam airlines

Posted by jessebear on 7/11/2009 at 02:09

Is Jetstar as reliable as Vietnam Airlines. Can we check a somewhat large suitcase on Jetstar? There seem to be different types of fares and before I book domestic flights, i want to make sure my suitcase or backpack--haven't decided which yet-- will make it to the next city. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,479 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jessebear on 13/11/2009 at 20:26

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page