Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Gold Wedding Anniversary Aboard

Posted by Simonwong65 on 14/12/2009 at 17:28

I am planning to travel 2 weeks for my golden wedding anniversary. My beloved wife is always dreaming about a trekking trip on oriental classic elegance cuirse. We are in Singapore and are expected to go during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday ( roughly 20 Dec to 26 Dec 09). Locations are in the Southeast Asian countries like Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam. I wish this voyage will be travel golden wedding anniversary time that will be really sweet and etched in our mind. So I hope to re ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,427 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by NYTim on 17/12/2009 at 22:34

e-mail dreams hotel dalat?

Posted by jonenlyd on 13/11/2009 at 23:04

I'm trying to reach dreams hotel in dalat but i can't seem to get a reply from them via travelfish. Does anyone have their current email adress? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,647 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 17/12/2009 at 20:00

Lang Co

Posted by pinguin on 17/6/2009 at 17:04

I would like to have information about this place. Any thing you can give me . food, accomodation and what to do there. thnkx pingu ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,246 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Pablot on 17/12/2009 at 13:56

how long and where?

Posted by curioustraveller on 10/12/2009 at 16:22

Im not sure if this is the most appropriate place for this post but here goes anyways. I'll be overseas for a month (14th jan-15th feb, 2010), starting in bangkok and then heading up to chiang mai. I plan to spend around 9 days in thailand (Im not too flexible with this part). From there i would like to head through laos and then over to the north of vietnam and hopefully cambodia of possible. My question is where are the best places to go considering my time constraints, and is cambodia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,451 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 17/12/2009 at 08:59

Hoi An/Danang or Nha Trang

Posted by limdq on 5/4/2009 at 15:22

Hi all! I'll be visiting Vietnam from 11 -20th June. I'll be making the Hanoi-Saigon trip. I'll be spending 4days in Hanoi/Halong and 3 in Saigon. Thing is, i'm stuck between spending the remaining 3 days in Nha Trang or Danang/Hoi An. I'll be making the all trips via plane, so that should cut down alot of time. Please comment. thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,504 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by suzttec on 16/12/2009 at 06:01

Tunnels

Posted by KazAussie on 11/12/2009 at 13:30

Hi which would you recommend visiting... Vinh Moc tunnels, Chui Chui tunnels, one or both? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,116 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 14/12/2009 at 08:01

Mekong Travel Ltd Vinh Long - recommended

Posted by justwondering on 27/10/2009 at 08:17

We decided to make our own way down to the Delta (minibus) and base ourselves in Vinh Long province for 3 days, 3 nights, rather than flitting around the whole Delta. We went straight to Mekong Travel Ltd in Vinh Long and booked some homestays and a private guide for 2 days, 2 nights. they have a choice of homestays, a standard package includes 1 or 2 days guided tour of the island, Cai Be market etc and 1 night in a homestay of your choice. ($46-$60 for 2 people). Our guide was Anna and s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,362 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by justwondering on 14/12/2009 at 03:29

WHAT IS BEST ORDER TO GO TO THESE PLACES IN VIETNAM, CAMBODIA & LAOS IN FIVE WEEK TRIP?

Posted by dvdwilensky on 1/12/2009 at 04:40

I FLY INTO SAIGON, JAN 5 & OUT OF HANOI, FEB. 9. I WANT TO VISIT PHU QUOC ISLAND (mabe Mekong area), SIEM REAP/ANKOR WAT, (FLY TO DA NANG?), HOI AN, HANOI, LUANG PRABANG,HALONG BAY,SAPA? ANYWHERE YOU'D ADD,AS BAC HA -NEAR SAPS- OR LIKE SOMETHING AROUND SIEM REAP OR AROUND LUANG PRABANG THANK YOU DAVE & LOGENE ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,368 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sdl68 on 12/12/2009 at 06:53

Kep to Ha Tien (and Phu Quoc)

Posted by danandhan on 11/12/2009 at 21:36

From Kep , the road to the border is a dirt road. We managed fine in a car (not sure about tuk-tuks). At the border you will get your Cambodia exit stamp and either walk (10 mns) or hire a moto to the Vietnamese side to get a stamp (no VOA). Then it's a 10 mn ride to Ha Tien . We hired a private taxi from Rith Travel - he has an office at the Kep Crab Market - a few doors down from the LP recommended Kimly crab restaurant. He will ask for $35 dollars for the journey from Kep to Ha Tien ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,719 times, with no replies.

Weather in Hanoi Area & Sapa in January

Posted by vvish on 23/11/2008 at 21:59

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Vietnam on January - I am starting at HCMC and traveling up north. Does the weather up north allow traveling & trekking at this time of year? I am especially interested in trekking in the Sapa area Thanks, Vita ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,537 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by saso on 10/12/2009 at 17:18

Totally Amateur Questions about Ha Long...

Posted by justdroppingby on 30/11/2009 at 22:02

A friend and I will be in Hanoi for 6 nights. Wanted to spend 2 of them at Ha Long Bay. 1. What do I do with my bag? Do I book a hotel in Hanoi for 4 nights and bring all my stuff with me to Ha Long? Or is that asking for trouble? Should I book a room for 6 nights, even though I won't be there for 2 of them, just to have a place to leave my stuff? That seems silly. What's the typical M.O. for a trip to Ha Long? 2. Should we arrange a trip through our hotel? Or will there be cheaper alte ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,056 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:46

Minh Travel on Tran Phu

Posted by roynolan on 10/12/2009 at 00:25

Hi Can anyone tell me if Minh Travel is still open in Danang? and what are the rooms like, and do they rent motorbikes. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,252 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:20

seeking a low monthly rate in an old quarter guesthouse in Hanoi

Posted by davoz on 10/12/2009 at 06:17

well, the title says it all. anyone know of a guesthouse in the old quarter that has a low monthly rate? l will pay 1 month in full upon check-in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,401 times, with no replies.

Rainy Season - how bad is it really?

Posted by ahirsch on 11/9/2009 at 19:06

Hi, we are thinking of travelling to Vietnam end of September / early October. As this is bang in the middle of the rainy season, we were wondering how much hassle that causes? We dont mind the odd drop (or torrential downpour) of rain but dont have enough time to wait for roads to clear after flooding ... Can anyone help? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,979 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by veloasia on 10/12/2009 at 06:04

Visum for Vietnam via internet

Posted by mokken on 10/12/2009 at 03:19

Hi there. I`m just wondering if anyone has ordered a visum through internet ( www.myvietnamvisa.com . I`d like to know first is it possible, because some sites say it`s not & my second question is, was there any problems. Thanks in advance. Groet Eddie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,270 times, with no replies.

Vietnam in February during Chinese New Year. Bad timing?

Posted by Shahmatt on 7/12/2009 at 19:21

Hi, I thought of visiting Vietnam during the Chinese New Year period. Is this a bad time? My plan is to visit Halong Bay and the Phong Nha caves in a 5 day trip. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,299 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Shahmatt on 9/12/2009 at 18:57

Vietnam in December

Posted by freebird on 30/11/2009 at 17:50

Hello We are 3 girls in our mid 20's travelling to Vietnam looking for fun & adventure... and sunshine! What is the weather like towards end Dec? Any tips where will be hotter than others, suitable for swim and beaching? Any tips on best way to visit Mekong Delta... or getting to Phu Quoc from there? We only have 1 or 2 days in the mekong delta but know how to spend these? Any advice would be appreciated :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,367 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Dayvit78 on 9/12/2009 at 12:05

Hue / Danang / Hoi An

Posted by stuartaus on 24/11/2009 at 17:55

Hi Guys, I will be travelling the length of Vietnam in March for 4 weeks and was hopeing that you could advise us about Hue / Danang and Hoi An . Our travel dates at the moment look like this: Night 8 : 9th March, Hanoi – Hue - Over night Train 12hrs. Day 9 : 10TH March, Hue Night 9 : Hue Day 10 : 11TH March,Hue – Danang Day train in morning Night 10 : Danang Day 11 : 12TH March,Danang - Hoi An by motorbikes or bus/driver in morning Night 11 : Hoi An Day 12 : 13TH March ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,014 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 8/12/2009 at 23:07

Minsk for sale in Hanoi

Posted by mijnnaam on 8/12/2009 at 13:24

I have a minsk for sale in hanoi. I bought the minsk 3 weeks ago in HCMC and drove it to hanoi. Apart from 3 flat tires i had no problems what so ever and can recommend this way of travelling. The minsk is in good condition and comes with helmet, tools, detailed map of Vietnam, rack and bungeecords for your backpack. In other words your good to go and have the best time of your live! The price is 300$ Contact me if your interested: Tel: (0167) 4923 611 E-mail: loka_atk@hotmail.com greets ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,294 times, with no replies.

Any news on Hoa's in Danang?

Posted by PDX2BKK on 6/12/2009 at 17:03

Has anybody been recently? I have been looking forward to staying here and hopefully getting some surfing in before I head inland, but I have heard from a few sources that maybe this wonderful little guest house might be wrecked to make way for a big ugly resort, can anyone confirm or deny the rumours? say it aint so! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,287 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 8/12/2009 at 09:30

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page