Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Ha Tien Border Crossing???

Posted by nadjan on 24/7/2006 at 18:54

Hi, I'm going to Cambodia and Vietnam in December and need to know if you can cross the border at Ha Tien? I've read that currently only Vietnamese and Cambodians can do so. If it's not possible, does anyone know if you can travel from Kep to Chau Doc without going via Phnom Penh or if you can fly from Sihanoukville to Phu Quoc. Basically i'm trying to get from Sihanoukville / Kep to Phu Quoc in the quickest time possible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,614 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by travellingtina on 24/11/2009 at 05:08

Phu Quoc-Sihanoukville ferry

Posted by jclarkson on 19/11/2009 at 06:34

I read in an LP that there may be a ferry starting soon from Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville . Does anyone know if there is such a ferry? Alternatively does anyone have any recommendations on getting to Sihanoukville from Vietnam? Thanks Josh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,301 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travellingtina on 24/11/2009 at 04:54

Getting to Vietnam from Phnom Penh

Posted by donveli on 15/10/2009 at 18:07

Hi guys! Im traveling 6 weeks in SE asia from beginning of december. I will start from bkk and from there i was thinking about to go to Cambodia. since i've been already to Cambodia i was thinking to spend only a few days in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, and from there i wanna travel to Saigon. Is it possible to get to Saigon from PP via bus? visas are possible to get from the boarder also? and from Saigon i'd like to visit maybe Mui Ne. Never been to Vietnam before so i'd like to get some tips ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,070 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by travellingtina on 24/11/2009 at 04:50

good tailor for suit in hanoi

Posted by xquisitecorpse on 23/11/2009 at 19:03

hi all, just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good tailor in hanoi for my partner to have a suit made. Hes pretty tall by western standards so hes regarded as godzilla here ;p (market vendors say "no big sizes" !! when they see him !) any suggestions ? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,621 times, with no replies.

What's Annotation on Vietnam tourist C1 visa ?

Posted by jayanraj on 22/11/2009 at 21:24

Hi, After getting pre - arranged visa approval letter copy from my Hanoi based travel operator I went to General counsular of Vietnam, at his Mumbai office and got C1 visa stamped on my passport. Validity 30 days, single entry. However the 'Annotation' column was left blank by consular. What is that & will I face any problem while leaving India or after reaching Hanoi airport ? Jayanraj ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,000 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by lexkssnbrg on 23/11/2009 at 16:23

vietnam visa requirtments

Posted by foieslinger on 11/11/2009 at 02:40

i'm about to send my travel visa application to the consulate in washington d.c. section #10 on the application form asks where i will be staying during my stay in vietnam. well, i don't really know yet. i fly into hanoi and will be crossing into cambodia a month later. i don't want to make any hotel reservations until i get to vietnam, should i leave section #10 of the visa application blank? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,413 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by SaigonDaze on 22/11/2009 at 01:10

2 days on Halong bay with Phoenix Cruiser

Posted by doremona on 3/11/2009 at 15:14

Hey everyone I going to have 2 days trip to Halong bay on Halong Pheonix Cruise. I read this Phoenix via email I do not know why they got my mail but I visted this website, and the cruiser is quite beautiful. And can anyone here know alot infos to suggest for me about this Cruiser. And one more question i love shopping so much. Where is in Halong that comfortable for shopping? And my husband can not eat seafood so is it posible for us to order our own on that. Any recommend? Thanks for your he ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,998 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by doremona on 21/11/2009 at 10:38

Advice on SHORT trip to Vietnam...

Posted by knauermd on 13/11/2009 at 09:40

Cheers all, Wondering if any might have an advice...I have only 11 days on short holiday trip to visit Cambodia/Vietnam...I've heard that if I'm in SE Asia, Angkor Wat is not to be missed...so my tentative plans.. I arrive in Siem Reap on Monday, 30 November at 8am, so I get a full day in Angkor Wat... and possibly spend the next two days (so 3 full days) there until Wednesday, 2 December. From there my itinerary looks to be the following: 2 December - Siem Reap - Ho Chi Minh City arriv ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,748 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by knauermd on 20/11/2009 at 09:56

vietnam and laos

Posted by blingy on 19/11/2009 at 13:08

hey all, i'm planning a trip to vietnam and laos for about 20 days on a budget. my trip starts in ho chi minh city and ends in Viang Chan. My questions are as follows: 1) How much time should i allot to each country? 2) is it hard to get from vietnam to laos overland? any advice would be much appreciated! thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,032 times, with no replies.

3-day Mekong Delta tour from Pnohm Penh to Rach Gia- does it exist?

Posted by Seba on 17/11/2009 at 22:30

Hello everyone, since I have 3 days between leaving Pnomnh Penh and flying out from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc, I was wondering if anyone knows about a 3-day organized tour from PP ending in Rach Gia? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,454 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/11/2009 at 08:22

Vietnam Motor Bike Ride - Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi

Posted by ozscott on 2/11/2009 at 09:05

Folks, Planning on doing a motor bike ride from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi sometime next May to August 2010. Planning on landing in Ho Chi Minh, and taking 2+ weeks to ride to Hanoi. I'll be travelling with a friend on seperate bikes, we're both experienced road riders in Australia for many a year now, and I personally have already motor bike riden in the likes of Hanoi previously, and don't forsee any riding experience issues in Vietnam in doing this trip (other than getting lost). I'm planning ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,208 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dezztroyer on 16/11/2009 at 16:41

Vietnam airlines

Posted by jessebear on 7/11/2009 at 02:09

Is Jetstar as reliable as Vietnam Airlines. Can we check a somewhat large suitcase on Jetstar? There seem to be different types of fares and before I book domestic flights, i want to make sure my suitcase or backpack--haven't decided which yet-- will make it to the next city. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,499 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jessebear on 13/11/2009 at 20:26

Domestic travel advice through Vietnam

Posted by jessebear on 7/11/2009 at 01:10

My husband and I are taking our honeymoon to Vietnam this December. We only have about 10 days so we decided that we are using air travel throughout the country to save time. Toward the end of our trip we are going to Phu Quoc from Danang/ Hoi An but aren't sure the best way to do it. We could spend only 1 night in Hoi An and fly to HCMC late the next night and then ferry to Phu Quoc the next morning. Or we could spend 2 nights in Hoi An and fly to Phu Quoc w/ a connection in HCMC the next day. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,904 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jessebear on 13/11/2009 at 20:25

Traveling from Cam Rahn Airport to Dalat

Posted by mmeckel on 13/11/2009 at 11:34

We are traveling from Cam Rahn Airport to Dalat in early December. Our hotel in Dalat arranged for our transport through a company called Vinh Tuan, which they say is based in Nha Trang. Has anyone heard of that company, and is it safe and reputable? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,293 times, with no replies.

Contact Details for Thanh Kieu Beach Resort, Phu Quoc

Posted by RichMelZA on 9/11/2009 at 19:10

Hi all, I'm trying to get hold of contact for Thanh Kieu Beach Resort (Thanh Kieu Coco Beach Resort?) on Phu Quoc island. Unfortunately I'm not having my joy with Google searches. The only results coming up are for booking agencies charging exhorbitant booking fees. Does anyone know the official website or direct contact details for the resort? Much appreciated! Richard Heslop Durban, South Africa *Host city for the 2010 Soccer World Cup :-) * ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,826 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/11/2009 at 10:58

Vietnam tourist Visa for 31 days ???

Posted by jayanraj on 10/11/2009 at 21:35

Hi, I have booked Vietnam tour by end of this month (Nov 2009) for two weeks. I am reaching Hanoi airport on 25.11.2009 at 1720 PM and my visa is valid from next day 26.11.2009. So will I able to spend 4 to 5 hours after getting off my flight before seeing immigration desk ? Somewhere I read that Immigration department of Vietnam is very strict of laws. Also my visa starts from 26.11.2009 till 26.12.2009. It means total 31 days instead of 30. Is it just a typing error ? Do they is ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,180 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by violets on 11/11/2009 at 19:02

Christmas in Hanoi

Posted by RenaG on 9/11/2009 at 03:06

My partner and I will be Hanoi on Christmas and I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation on how to spend the day, where to dine, what to see, etc. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,504 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rubic on 10/11/2009 at 16:36

Vietnam Visa on arrival for Indian passport holders

Posted by jayanraj on 10/11/2009 at 00:35

I am an Indian from mumbai. Is it possible for Indian passport holders to get Vietnam tourist Visa on arrival (VOA) after reaching Hanoi ? I am leaving India on 25.11.2009 alongwith a 'Approval letter' sent to me by my Hanoi based travel agent. After reaching Hanoi my passport will be visa stamped. However another tour operator from USA said not posible. As per his e-mail Indian citizens leaving from India to Vietnam should obtain vietnam visa before leaving India. Advice is needed. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,816 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by lexkssnbrg on 10/11/2009 at 11:29

Places to see at Hoi An - Vietnam

Posted by jayanraj on 8/11/2009 at 21:11

I am going to tour Vietnam by end of this month for 13 days (26 Nov 2009 - 08 Dec 2009). As per my tour programme I have a free day at Hoi An and would like to see few locations around Hoi An. Can anybody give me advice reagarding the same ? jayanraj ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,492 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by jayanraj on 10/11/2009 at 00:34

train from saigon to hanoi: scenic or just plain boring??

Posted by effi_kiki on 8/11/2009 at 00:51

Hi, Ive been comparing flights with trains for this journey , and as theyre both roughly the same price, I'm not sure which to take. I know the train takes ages, but I think this might be fun as it goes all the way up the coast (or so ive heard) but obviously I dont want to do it if theres not much to see/ its an uncomfortable journey. If anyone has any experiences or has heard about the train journey that would be really helpful:) cheers Kiki. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,381 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by rubic on 9/11/2009 at 11:03

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page