Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Fingernail Beach, south of Phu Quoc Island

Posted by virusvaleria on 23/10/2009 at 06:11

Im trying to get info on Fingernail Beach and how to get there but i can't find anything. Has anyone ever been there and how did u get there?? Thanks heaps for any help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,488 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by jasonkim8486 on 28/10/2009 at 06:51

Trying to find a local friend in Sapa

Posted by squong on 26/10/2009 at 15:14

Hi, I apologies in advance for this repost. I am trying to reach a local friend in Sapa. His name is Nam and he owns the Viet Emotion (http://vietemotion.com/) restaurant at 27 Cau Mai. If anyone is traveling through the area (even a few weeks after this post), can you ask him to contact me at squong@yahoo.com Thanks in advance Spencer ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,548 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by squong on 27/10/2009 at 13:10

Weather experts - help!

Posted by emma066 on 22/10/2009 at 19:10

Planning on going to Vietnam end of May through to middle of June. Can anyone advise on the weather?? Thanks, Em ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,597 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by 10vEly on 27/10/2009 at 12:01

Banned Vietnamese travel agents

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/7/2009 at 08:26

I've just deleted a few discussions related to specific Vietnamese tour operators/travel agents. In each case the operator mentioned has previously been banned from Travelfish because they've spammed the forum. As far as I'm concerned, an operator that feels the need to spam a travel website or place "positive write-ups" of their business needs to do so solely because they offer poor service and this is the easiest way for them to beat up some business. While I'd love to name and shame the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,571 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by 10vEly on 27/10/2009 at 11:53

Overnight trains - Hanoi to HCM

Posted by emma066 on 26/10/2009 at 20:37

I want to do the above and travel in a soft berth. I cannot for the life of my find prices anywhere. Does anyone know the rough cost to get from North to South on overnight sleepers? Alternatively, thinking of travelling Hanoi to Hoi An area overnight then Hoi An area to HCM with a few stops on the way? Any idea of prices in USD/GBP? Finally, is it a good way to travel if you have about 3-4 weeks in VN? Thanks, Emma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,384 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mic2 on 27/10/2009 at 10:18

Update Weather Confitions Hanoi and Hoi An

Posted by Pokol on 14/10/2009 at 21:05

Hi! Can anybody update what's the situation like in Hoi An after Ketsana and in Hanoi with Parma approaching? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,211 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Digs on 26/10/2009 at 21:21

3 weeks in South Vietnam - where would you go?

Posted by Mariedk on 18/10/2009 at 23:53

We've booked a flight from Denmark to Bankok in late December - hoping to find a flight from there to HCMC. We've been told, that we should stay in the South of Vietnam because of the nice weather at that time.. We're looking for local culture and food, nice and quiet, relaxed beaches and beautiful nature..Where would you go? We've been recommended to go to Phu Quoc, because we love islands - but isn't it big and crowded? Flights seems also quite expensive (from HCMC and Bangkok). Since we h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,363 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Husko on 26/10/2009 at 16:03

Mekong Delta

Posted by mrbangkok on 26/10/2009 at 14:30

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get across the Mekong Delta to Phu Quoc Island. We are planning to do the trip ourselves but open to any other suggestions? We are also thinking about returning from Phu Quoc back to HCMC, is there any other way of doing this rather than flying? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,942 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 26/10/2009 at 15:34

4 Weeks in SE Asia starting in Hanoi - Need Advice

Posted by eatinginhanoi on 22/10/2009 at 00:04

Hello all, We've been living in Vietnam for a couple months and are just about finished with a volunteer gig and have one month to explore Southeast Asia starting next week before heading back. We're only now able to plan. The trip would start in Hanoi . We're having trouble figuring out where to go next, seeing that we've already been to central and northern Vietnam and are looking to head out of the country next. We will need to end the trip in Saigon. Here's what we'd like to do: - ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,154 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by eatinginhanoi on 25/10/2009 at 17:21

social hanoi guesthouses/hostels

Posted by yayorc on 25/10/2009 at 12:17

Hello - solo traveler from the US looking for a good, well located, place to stay in Hanoi to meet up with other travelers, hopefully more laid back than a party crowd? Thanks in advance for the recommendations. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,364 times, with no replies.

Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos 3 week itinerary

Posted by fionoula on 23/10/2009 at 15:19

We are a group of 7 adults who are interested in, scenery and culture. We are economy travellers but not backpackers. We are travelling early January The itinerary must begin in Hanoi and finish in Ho Cho Min. As there are seven of us we thought that we could hire a minivan and driver in some areas (as well as travelling by palne, boat etc) I would appreciate any recommendations Thanks Fiona ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,474 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/10/2009 at 08:16

Time to travel from HCMC to Chau Doc (nonstop)

Posted by cuffedbloke on 19/10/2009 at 17:59

Hi, I'm looking to catch a boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh. How long would it take me (fastest and cheapest) to get there? And from Chau Doc, are there any night boats to Seam Reap? Also, is it at all possible to rent a motorbike to go from HCMC to Phnom Penh? Hope my questions aren't too silly, thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,776 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by cuffedbloke on 23/10/2009 at 13:53

Rach Gia' to Ho Chi Min City

Posted by virusvaleria on 23/10/2009 at 06:52

can i have someone detailing the way to get from Rach Gia' to Ho Chi Min City by bus please? Thanks very much indeed ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,041 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/10/2009 at 13:22

Vietnam 10 day Itinery advice appreciated !

Posted by squae on 18/10/2009 at 05:41

Hello, Leaving to go to Vietnam in 4 weeks. will be there for 10 FULL days (12 in total), hence not long at all and hence help would really be great. I am also travelling to Cambodia and Thailand the interstae flights are already booked. The country break up is. 12 days Vietnam 4 days Cambodia 14 days Thailand My current thailand itinery is, Arrive 9.40pm in HCMC Day 1 - HCMC Day 2 - HCMC & hopefully CuChi tunnels. (6pm-9.30pm, Plane from HCMC to Danang, then train to Hanoi) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,770 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/10/2009 at 13:15

Visa for Vietnam but not coming by plane

Posted by virusvaleria on 21/10/2009 at 07:35

We are travelling through Cambodia to Vietnam by land and i heard about the Visa on Arrival thing but understood that it can only be done if im coming by plane to Vietnam (so i collect it at the airport). The thing is we are doing it by land. Do i have to get a visa at the Vietnam Embassy or is there a better way?? Thanks heaps. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,538 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by virusvaleria on 23/10/2009 at 06:28

Ho Chi Minh Airport Hotel?

Posted by candyman on 22/10/2009 at 23:25

In a very quick trip to Vietnam, I am flying in to Ho Chi Minh and arriving at 11:30 PM. The next morning I am taking a flight up to Hanoi at 6:30 AM. (Don't worry, I'll be spending time in HCM on the way back). Does the HCM Airport have a hotel inside it or any others right next door so I can grab a few hours of sleep? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,442 times, with no replies.

vietnam cambodia intineray

Posted by littel on 22/10/2009 at 20:41

Good morning vietnam!! I will have one mont fron half nov till half dec. I will arrive in bkk and I have to decide if it is better to flight strightly to hanoy and go soutk to HCMC and pass in cambodia and go back to bkk without flying or if it is better to go throught Cambodia by land and make vietnam from HCMC to hanoi and fly back to bkk.I would like to know about weather and easy way for transport.thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 943 times, with no replies.

Find accomodation in Hanoi

Posted by gooze on 22/10/2009 at 16:18

hello everyone, If you find difficult to have accomodation to stay in Hanoi , I will give you one suggestion about our hotel: Just Being opened since July 2007, and from October 2008 Mike's Hotel Hanoi has been officially operated under the name of Mike's International tourism limited company (Mike's HN ., ltd Co). Hanoi Mike's Hotel is ideally located in the heart of Hanoi's Old Quarter which is very famous over the world for cultural architects and historical relics of Hanoi Capital. Fr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,918 times, with no replies.

ha long bay tour recomendation - 3 days / 2 nights

Posted by saso on 15/10/2009 at 14:03

Hi, I know this topic appears quite often, however I've been searching the web and reading the forums and I haven't found the right answer yet. We're travelling with my girlfriend to SE Asia, we'll be passing through Hanoi and we would like to do a 3 day (2 night) tour of Ha Long Bay, sleeping on a boat and doing some sightseing (kayaking, trekking, visiting some beaches). Now, the most important thing is that we're a bit short on money, so we're looking for something inexpensive. I'v ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,072 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by gooze on 22/10/2009 at 16:14

Hanoi or HCM in November

Posted by clbe on 21/10/2009 at 20:07

Hello I'm hoping somebody can give me a little bit of advice. I am due to fly into Hanoi on November 19th. The plan was to spend a couple of days at Halong Bay and then head to Hue and Hoi An before crossing the border into Laos. However, after reading messgaes on the forum here about the weather being awful at that time of year I am wondering if I sould reroute my flights to Ho Chi Minh and go through Cambodia to Laos. The ocst of rerouting th lfight is £75 per person. Do y ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,249 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by violets on 22/10/2009 at 10:35

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page