Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

chu chi tunnels in wet wether

Posted by CoCo09 on 25/9/2009 at 17:52

Hi, I was just wondering if the tour of the tunnels is still done even if its raining heavily. I will be over there next week and I am trying to fill in my days! Cheers Co ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,479 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/9/2009 at 19:55

Hotel near airport HCMC

Posted by Pokol on 3/9/2009 at 17:55

Hi! I fly into HCMC on a Saturday at 8pm. I'm looking for an affordable hotel near the airport, since I'm flying again the next day. Can anybody suggest any and if so give me contact details??? Thanks soooo much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,799 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Pokol on 25/9/2009 at 17:00

http://www.hotels-phuquoc.com as a booking service

Posted by KazAussie on 24/9/2009 at 17:11

Has anyone used this website. I am trying to book the Kim Nam Phuong Hotel in Phu Quoc. However the confirmation I was sent seemed to indicate that I was paying double eg rate should have been $174 for two rooms for 2 nights, the confirmation showed I needed to pay $174 deposit and then another $174 on arrival. When I questioned this, by now 2 days later they said to just rebook, now I am told the rooms I wanted aren't available. Grr very frustrating. Any ideas folks as I believe accommodatio ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,550 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 25/9/2009 at 16:46

My Son in the rain

Posted by buecax on 24/9/2009 at 08:36

Hi all, I´m currently in Hoi An, it has been raining for the last 48 hours and it doesn´t look like it´s going to stop anytime soon. Is it worth going to My Son in this kind of weather? The receptionist of my hotel actually advised against it (instead of pushing their tour) because it would be too "muddy"... Cheers Axel ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,291 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Pablot on 24/9/2009 at 20:34

Pipes to Vietnam from Laos

Posted by ctam2009 on 20/9/2009 at 20:31

Quick question- on my travels i've found a few interesting pipes in Laos and plan to bring them with me throught the rest of my trip. i'll be heading to vietnam (probably via bus) and was wondering if this is a bad idea. The pipes have never been used in any way, and were simply bought as souvenirs for the mantle. please advise what i should expect. thank you very much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,185 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ctam2009 on 23/9/2009 at 19:32

Itinerary check, please

Posted by Lodestar on 22/9/2009 at 16:18

Hi! Was wondering, if someone could check the following itinerary and make any suggestions/recommendations/changes, please! day 1 - boat from PP to Chau Doc day 2 - Chau Doc to Phu Quoc (daoble in one day?) day 3-5 diving, hiking and relaxing in Phu Quoc day 6 - make our way to Can Tho day 7 - to HCMC through the Delta (reasonable in one day? how would you do it?) day 8 - HCMC day 9 - HCMC and Chu Chi tunnels (night train to Danang) day 10 - 11 - Hoi An day 12 - Hue (night tra ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,353 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Lodestar on 23/9/2009 at 19:31

My trekking trip in Vietnam. So funnn!!!

Posted by tonyhoang1980 on 23/9/2009 at 10:10

My plan for the trip in Vietnam is mainly relaxing with days on the beach. Then my girl friend and I decide to have a bit of off road trekking. Hoa Binh is the place I choose because it seems less touristy. I book the trip with small local company Indochina Travel Land, located somewhere in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. At first, I am a bit wonder about the quality of the services because their price is so cheap: 120 USD for the 4 days trip. But no, it was an excellent choice… I did the 4 da ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,182 times, with no replies.

What Should the Airfare Be?

Posted by ecurry33 on 1/9/2009 at 03:10

Hi Listmates; I am trying to purchase domestic tickets on VN Airlines. I know it is cheaper to purchase in VN, but we are traveling over Christmas and New Years and I want to be sure we get the connections we need. I am having a very difficult time and any hints as to the best way to book, and approximately what the fare should be would be very appreciated. We have to get from Hanoi to Phu Quoc ["PQ"]. There are no direct flights so we need to go Dec 29 Hanoi to HCMC and then connect to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,966 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 23/9/2009 at 01:05

2 week itinerary

Posted by nam09 on 13/9/2009 at 18:22

hi there, myself and 5 other of my 19yr old friends are going to vietnam for 2 weeks in january next year. we're really not too sure where to start with the planning.. where and how long we should stay in each place etc. we dont really have any must sees besides ha long bay, but we're after a cheap and cheerful holiday where we can see some sights, relax on the beach, shop and do a bit of partying. any ideas?? thanks very much :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,299 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by elisemai121 on 22/9/2009 at 10:44

Best overnight train choice??

Posted by EmjayReet on 15/9/2009 at 12:20

Ok sooo there seems to be so many choices to choose from.. how do I choose? We were going to go with Livitran but then saw another post suggesting King Express.. I have also heard Fanxipan and Tulico is good What are the differences, if any? Any good/bad experiences on these? Thanks in advance Reet ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,968 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 22/9/2009 at 02:09

Halong bay - is 1 night enough?

Posted by mscmark on 13/8/2009 at 14:23

We're wondering if 1 night is enough for Halong bay. Any idea? Thank you. Mark ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,708 times, with 29 replies. Last reply by buecax on 20/9/2009 at 15:01

FAQ?

Posted by Pablot on 19/9/2009 at 18:05

Question for Moderator of this Forum - why not take commonly asked questions & make them into FAQ? then post them separately? I find over the period of time I have been looking at this forum some common questions come up; example taxi Hoi An - Danang etc. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,174 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/9/2009 at 18:51

tet how busy is it?

Posted by charlotterussell on 2/11/2007 at 14:37

three of us traveling in vietnam for 4 weeks in feb2008 we are concerned about being there during tet , anywhere that would be good to hang while it is on? or should we visit laos or cambodia for a week when the madness is on? really hard to plan our trip until we make this decision as as it happens to be a third of the way in, if we stay how far ahead would we have to book travel and accom need help!!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,384 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Pablot on 19/9/2009 at 09:57

Christmas in Ha Long Bay

Posted by mlr on 17/9/2009 at 16:31

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of being in Ha Long bay over christmas time? We are looking at perhaps doing a cruise with Columbas on their Pinta Gold boat, it looks lovely! One of my main concerns though is what will the weather be like at that time of the year? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,345 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by PalleKuling on 17/9/2009 at 18:42

Road conditions DBP to sapa

Posted by zipi on 15/9/2009 at 21:18

I intend to travell with 4wd from DBP to Sapa on November 2009. Does any one knows the road condition there? I heard that large parts of the road is under construction and very dusty and bumpy. Is it so? Thank You, Zipi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,191 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by violets on 16/9/2009 at 06:43

Any thoughts on my itinerary

Posted by jclarkson on 15/9/2009 at 09:02

So I think I've decided on a lose itinerary. Saigon (day or two for Chu Chi and the Delta) This is the part I really would like some tips on is what to hit in central Vietnam. I want to see the DMZ and do Nha Trang, maybe Hue or Hoi An as well, any advice about how long it takes to get aroudn that area and peoples thoughts on the locations would be greatly appreciated. Then Hanoi, Ha Long bay, fly to Vientiene go to VV for tubing then back to Saigon and home ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,750 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jclarkson on 16/9/2009 at 00:06

Important Update - Vietnam Airlines - online booking

Posted by basejump on 11/2/2009 at 17:47

Hi Just thought you would like to be aware that there has been an enhancement to the online booking engine used on the Vietnam Airlines site - the site now allows you to complete your booking in real time using your credit card - you no longer need to book in Vietnam or use a local agent. I have checked this for domestic flights - not sure it has been turned on yet for international but that is on their agenda. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,374 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by NYTim on 14/9/2009 at 22:04

Motorbike Hoi An to Hue

Posted by KazAussie on 8/9/2009 at 14:40

Hi all, Is it possible to hire motorbikes for a one way trip from Hoi An to Hue? If so, what route would you suggest we take and what should we see on the way. I know the bus is about 3.5 hours, so I thought that we could spend a day travelling (or even overnight somewhere along the way), but what are the highlights - must not misses? Very grateful for your advice. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,482 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by KazAussie on 13/9/2009 at 05:16

Travel Agent

Posted by NYTim on 11/9/2009 at 23:42

My first post. I arrive in Vietnam on October 18th for 12 days. First time visitor. I am deciding on what tour agency to use. The best price came from -- Kim Tours - Asia Pacific Travel. Does anyone know of this agency? I know it is not the Kim Cafe folks. Any help would be appreciated and any reccomendations also. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,296 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by wanderlust13 on 12/9/2009 at 14:46

Flights to/from Bangkok

Posted by dan567 on 9/9/2009 at 19:18

I plan on spending around 30 days in Vietnam flying in from Bangkok and then flying back to Bangkok again. I've looked at flights and it seems to be about 2800 baht each way. Is it a reasonable plan to fly in to Hanoi 1st October, get to Ho Chi Minh City and then fly from there back to Bangkok? Is there any way I can get the flights cheaper, say just by turning up at the airport on the day? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,558 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 11/9/2009 at 15:13

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page