Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

is there any night bus/train travel from danang/hoi an to nha trang?

Posted by npeng on 3/5/2009 at 20:35

Hi, is there any night bus/train travel from Danang/hoi an to Nha Trang? What's the time depart and how much it cost? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,998 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ChrZap1703 on 4/5/2009 at 19:37

Buying a tuk-tuk in Vietnam

Posted by lodge on 22/4/2009 at 18:41

Does anyone know whether it is possible to actually buy your own tuk-tuk in Vietnam, and if so, roughly how much it would be? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,278 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Phen0m on 2/5/2009 at 11:16

Arriving Late in Ho Chi Minh

Posted by TheOtherOne on 1/5/2009 at 23:55

My friend and I booked a flight from the states to Ho Chi Minh City that arrives at 11 PM. I imagine that after we get our bags, go through customs and immigration, and get into town it will be well after midnight. Anyone out there have any suggestions on finding a backpacker guest-house/hostel that has 24 hour reception????? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,421 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by timpdx on 2/5/2009 at 05:51

Half a day trip to Ban Gioc Fall and Nguom Ngao Cave from Hanoi and back - possible?

Posted by Adrienne07 on 20/4/2009 at 09:50

Hi all seasoned Vietnam travellers! Need your advice on this! Me and my companion will be traveling to Hanoi from 5th May to 8th May. Our plane will arrive in Hanoi on 5th May at around 12.30pm (local time) and our pre-arranged guided tours around Hanoi city and Ha Long Bay would only commence on 6th May. Hence, we have almost half a day to spare. Hence, we are very interested to visit Ban Gioc Fall and the near-by Nguom Ngao Cave, after hearing about its beauty, being probably Vie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,121 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Adrienne07 on 30/4/2009 at 10:08

Nha Trang airport - how far from the city?

Posted by daflj on 25/4/2009 at 20:58

Hello all, can somebody clear up some confusion for me please? Travelfish says that Nha Trang airport is 35km outside the city, while Lonely Planet says "The airport is on the southern side of town and is so close to many of the hotels that you can actually walk". Any clarity would be welcomed. If the airport IS miles outside the city what's the general cost of bus/tuk tuk etc? Cheers Daf ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,018 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by ngg18 on 26/4/2009 at 09:36

mai linh taxi company minivans HCMC to Siem Reap

Posted by paradise on 12/2/2009 at 09:13

Anyone know about this option as alternate to taking bus? I read about this in Travelfish section on bus travel in Vietnam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,106 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by lotramar on 25/4/2009 at 14:16

Phu Quoc Island - getting there and things to do

Posted by mindy on 20/4/2009 at 01:35

Hello! I'll be in Vietnam for a few weeks for field study and then I plan to leave my group and travel by myself with a trip to Cambodia before returning to Vietnam for some relaxing time on the beach on Phu Quoc Island. What is the best way to get from Siem Reap to Phu Quoc? I've read some of the other threads but it seems people have a bit more time - I have 7 days for Siem Reap, Phu Quoc and a day in Ho Chi Minh before my plane back to the states leaves. I'm not sure if I want to lose ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,260 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by mindy on 25/4/2009 at 09:09

Vietnam on New Year's Eve

Posted by Nokka on 15/4/2009 at 18:21

We will be in southern Vietnam on New Year's Eve (that is 31 Dec, not Tet) this year. I note that 1 January is a public holiday, but do the Vietnamese go in for celebrations on NYE ? We are thinking of being in Saigon if it is worth being there for any celebrations. We're not looking for a major party necessarily; just wondering what the city is like that night ?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,412 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by minhnguyen16051986 on 22/4/2009 at 15:07

SE Asia Travel route

Posted by KRStamm on 9/4/2009 at 02:57

After Falling in love last year with Thailand, we are heading back to SE Asia! This time we are traveling into BKK in October and planning to travel to Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. So the trip is being planned for October to Mid December. Does anyone have advice on the best route to take? We are not fans of big tourist traps but prefer the small rural communities. Any advice on how to go from Thailand this time of year accounting for the wet and dry seasons as well as boarder crossings and c ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,398 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by minhnguyen16051986 on 22/4/2009 at 14:27

Fastest way from Hoi An to Mekong

Posted by henski on 15/4/2009 at 18:45

I am planning a easy rider trip from Dalat up to Hoi An. From Hoi an I need to work out the fastest way to get down to the Mekong, preferably avoiding going back into Saigon. I can’t find any info online to show direct flights from Danang to Rach Gia, is that correct? Aiming to get to Can Tho or Ben Tre. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,459 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by kerouac2 on 22/4/2009 at 03:50

Mekong delta photo gallery

Posted by kerouac2 on 20/4/2009 at 18:58

I have a few photo galleries from one of my trips to the Mekong delta. You can see the first of them here: (The others are scattered on the same site with more to come.) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,758 times, with no replies.

Halong Tours

Posted by Will_N_Mich on 7/1/2009 at 05:02

Hi, We're off to Vietnam for a couple of weeks in February and would really like to go on a Junk tour of Halong bay for one night. Can anyone recommend a particular tour- between $100 and $250 per person? Cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,474 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by heritagesvn on 20/4/2009 at 17:17

Hue HoiAn MySon & DaNang in 6 days Realistic?

Posted by larryp643 on 29/3/2009 at 22:06

Flying to Hue Apr 26 for 3 days, then want to take bus to Hoi An late afternoon or early evening Apr 28th and stay in Hoi An for two days with one day side trip to My Son. Then take bus to Da Nang evening of Apr 30. Stay in Da Nang overnight and see the Museum of Cham Sculpture morning of May 1st. Then fly to HCMC (already have res)afternoon of May 1st. Is this realistic and possible especially with regard to the bus trips? Also is May 1st a problem be/c of the holiday? Thanks for any info ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,045 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/4/2009 at 08:39

vietnam and cambodia in less than 3 weeks

Posted by dhm1987 on 16/4/2009 at 18:21

Hi i'm going on my first overseas trip to vietnam at the end of the year and want to know if it's realistic/possible to travel from hanoi to saigon in 17 days and still fit in a few days in cambodia? thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,966 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/4/2009 at 07:36

Vietnam Christmas/New Year

Posted by construedo on 14/4/2009 at 06:35

Our family (two adults and two children, 11 and 15 years) will visit Vietnam for two weeks during Christmas/New Year. We are planing to split the visit to two places and ned some advise from other Vietnam traveller. We prefer beautiful beaches before a wild nigtlife. Places we have in our minds are; Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Doc Let and Hoi An. How is the weather in this places in dec/jan? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,593 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 14/4/2009 at 13:01

Change Vietnam Visa A Day Early

Posted by dmandel on 13/4/2009 at 20:20

Hi, Has anyone ever tried to enter Vietnam a day earlier than the Visa? I am currently in Luang Prabang and want to try to go to Hanoi a day earlier than originally planned. Will they make me get a new Visa or is there a way to just move it forward a day? I am a U.S. citizen. Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,497 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by dmandel on 14/4/2009 at 11:29

Ha Long Bay Independent

Posted by Asheai on 7/4/2009 at 14:50

So I have gone through a bunch of old threads but I am still not 100% sure about how to do this. From Hanoi, you can catch a bus to Ha Long City where it is possible to catch a ferry to Cat Ba Island? Is this actually a ferry or is it a 'daytrip' on an organized tour boat? From Cat Ba Island, is it possible to find Kayak tours that last overnight? Just kayaking, I mean, around the islands? How much should I expect this to cost, if it indeed exists? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,421 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 13/4/2009 at 10:29

Unique boat/jungle experience in South central Vietnam

Posted by henski on 12/4/2009 at 22:06

Hi All, Travelling to Vietnam & Cambodia for 4 weeks in May. Initially planning to not travel further north than Hoi ann. Rough outline is HCMC, Chu cui tunnels, easy rider tour of central highlands (Dalat to Quy Nhon to Mui ne possibly), then entering Cambodia via the far south coast at HA Tien. Does anyone recommend any really unique, off the beaten track experiences in the above area? I really want to put myself out on a limb Have always been fascinated by the movie Apocalypse Now ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,933 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/4/2009 at 10:20

Posted by gozub on 12/4/2009 at 19:43

I was in a bicycle, my backpack in the basket in front of the bike. When I was riding, two guys in a motorbike passed next to me and they took my backpack. I followed them.... but I didn't have a a chance with a bike.. too fast. I lost important things. Of course now I think ... "I'm so stupid, how can I bring my backpack in the basket of the bike"... But I didn't expect something like that. Nobody told me. Of course I'm in a terrible mood now.. like a nightmare. I'm not enjoying the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,244 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/4/2009 at 10:09

Travel Nha Trang to Hoi An

Posted by sabresail on 6/4/2009 at 19:12

We are open to suggestions as to the best way to travel North from Nha Trang to Hoi An. At almost 600 kms it has to take a long time so guess either express bus or train are the only options. What is your experience/preference? How long in the bus or how long in the train for thetrip? Any comment on bus comfort or discomfort and if you can avoid the on bus karioke. We are mature age. Your comments and help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Sabresail. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,999 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ChrZap1703 on 10/4/2009 at 15:09

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page