Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Long Hai, Loc An and Ho Coc beaches - anybody been?

Posted by smartlyndy on 7/5/2009 at 12:13

We (2 adults and our 12 year old) are going to Vietnam in July. We've been before and loved Mui Ne but did not love Nha Trang. Would like to check out one of the beaches beyond Vung Tau but cant find much info about them. Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,174 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 10/5/2009 at 06:58

Swine Flu

Posted by Adrienne07 on 28/4/2009 at 09:21

I will be traveling to Vietnam next week. Wondering if there are any restrictions in view of the spread of swine flu? Any precautions that the government/local legistration had carried out? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,081 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by smartlyndy on 8/5/2009 at 14:15

Phu Quoc Island, a good place to visit in June?

Posted by mindy on 8/5/2009 at 09:59

Hi, sorry if someone has already asked this question - I went through the threads and didn't see it. I am planning on visiting Phu Quoc Island for a few days before I return to the United States. I would be staying on the island in mid-June for 3 days or so. This is the beginning of the rainy season so I know there will probably be a down pour a day for a bit and therefore its the off season. I've found out though that some hotels are closed down for renovations during that time. So, I' ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,355 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by brucemoon on 8/5/2009 at 14:06

Flood season in Saigon now?

Posted by rebeccafarrent on 8/5/2009 at 09:15

Hi, We've heard that it's now the flood season in Saigon. Is it safe to travel? We've heard quite a lot about deadly floods in Saigon. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,708 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by brucemoon on 8/5/2009 at 09:47

Night market in Hanoi

Posted by lexkssnbrg on 6/5/2009 at 10:04

Hi all, Has anyone here experienced the night market in Hanoi's old quarter? Is it interesting? Are there any tours that cover the market? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,583 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by lexkssnbrg on 8/5/2009 at 09:21

Handspan or Ocean Tours for 2 day tour of Ha Long bay?

Posted by enk on 5/5/2009 at 22:37

Am trying to decide between 2 tours (2 days/1 night): One offered by Handspan -and one by Ocean Tours. The Handspan tour is called Lagoon Explorer http://www.handspan.com/?opt=tour&cId=48&tId=87 The Ocean Tours tour is called Deluxe Cruise Away. http://www.oceantours.com.vn/Tours/TourDetail.aspx?TourId=101&CategoryId=12 Wondering what people think of these two companies -Handspan and Ocean Tours - and who would you recommend?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,664 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by enk on 7/5/2009 at 09:54

Advice on newbie's itinerary!

Posted by rebeccafarrent on 2/5/2009 at 16:23

Hi all, My husband and I are planning to visit Vietnam this summer in around 2 weeks. We expect to see Saigon, Hanoi, Halong, Sapa, Hue and Hoi An. The point is we have not figured out how long we should spend in each destination. Any advice will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,388 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by rebeccafarrent on 7/5/2009 at 09:19

Vietnam Top 10 Hiking Destinations

Posted by lotramar on 6/5/2009 at 17:18

Trekking in Vietnam is one of the prime attractions for those looking for active adventure holidays in Vietnam. Apart from the sheer thrill factor of exploring the many untouched territories and marveling at the wonderful beauty herein, these Vietnam treks will also familiarize you with the indigenous flora and fauna of the country. Here is our guide to the top ten destinations for trekking and hiking in Vietnam: Sapa : Sapa is one of the most enchanting of the Vietnam popular destinations. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,877 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by brucemoon on 7/5/2009 at 07:51

night bus from Nha Trang to Dalat

Posted by npeng on 3/5/2009 at 22:16

I have a tight schedule here..is that any night bus from Nha Trang to Dalat? So that I can spend fully one day at Dalat. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,700 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by donnavan on 6/5/2009 at 01:04

Sofitel Metropole Hanoi or Sheration Hanoi?

Posted by lexkssnbrg on 5/5/2009 at 10:42

Hi all, We're visiting Hanoi in June and just considering the Sofitel Metropole and Sheraton. Has anyone out here stayed at these hotels? Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,157 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by lexkssnbrg on 5/5/2009 at 16:04

Hanoi

Posted by Mariane12 on 30/4/2009 at 12:52

Hi! I'll be spending a week in Hanoi in May. I plan on doing a 3 day tour of Halong Bay, but other than that I was wondering what else is worth seeing in the area. Is 1 week too long? I'll be staying in the old quarter, I know the Mausoleum Complex and Temple of Literature are big attractions. I was thinking of going to Ba Be national park but it's quite a ways away. Any suggestions?! Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,461 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tingers on 5/5/2009 at 11:04

mekong delta suggestions?

Posted by demoncleaner on 30/4/2009 at 13:03

Hey everyone, After some deliberation, my girlfriend and I are making a loop into Vietnam and spending more time there than Thailand. We are taking the boat down the Mekong to Chau Doc, spending a couple days there hanging out before setting on down to Phu Quoc for a week either via Ha Tien or Rach Gia (we'll see when we are there how connections work out) We plan on taking some time on the way back, a couple days in Rach Gia, Vinh long, Can tho, Ben Tre. Just wondering if anyone ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,066 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/5/2009 at 07:01

Phu Quoc Accomodation help!

Posted by trimble on 4/5/2009 at 18:23

Hi all, Myself and partner are set to travel to Vietnam later in the year, we are looking for accomodation on Phu Quoc over the xmas period. Can anyone make any suggestions/recommendations. We would like to be near/on the beach,(long beach area - or other good beach considered) in a bungalow or similar. We don't like the extreme budget options and so would prefer brick built structure not wood/bamboo at mid range level. We are struggling to find places we like so any advice will assist. Many ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,224 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by trimble on 5/5/2009 at 04:43

is there any night bus/train travel from danang/hoi an to nha trang?

Posted by npeng on 3/5/2009 at 20:35

Hi, is there any night bus/train travel from Danang/hoi an to Nha Trang? What's the time depart and how much it cost? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,007 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ChrZap1703 on 4/5/2009 at 19:37

Buying a tuk-tuk in Vietnam

Posted by lodge on 22/4/2009 at 18:41

Does anyone know whether it is possible to actually buy your own tuk-tuk in Vietnam, and if so, roughly how much it would be? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,322 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Phen0m on 2/5/2009 at 11:16

Arriving Late in Ho Chi Minh

Posted by TheOtherOne on 1/5/2009 at 23:55

My friend and I booked a flight from the states to Ho Chi Minh City that arrives at 11 PM. I imagine that after we get our bags, go through customs and immigration, and get into town it will be well after midnight. Anyone out there have any suggestions on finding a backpacker guest-house/hostel that has 24 hour reception????? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,426 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by timpdx on 2/5/2009 at 05:51

Half a day trip to Ban Gioc Fall and Nguom Ngao Cave from Hanoi and back - possible?

Posted by Adrienne07 on 20/4/2009 at 09:50

Hi all seasoned Vietnam travellers! Need your advice on this! Me and my companion will be traveling to Hanoi from 5th May to 8th May. Our plane will arrive in Hanoi on 5th May at around 12.30pm (local time) and our pre-arranged guided tours around Hanoi city and Ha Long Bay would only commence on 6th May. Hence, we have almost half a day to spare. Hence, we are very interested to visit Ban Gioc Fall and the near-by Nguom Ngao Cave, after hearing about its beauty, being probably Vie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,139 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Adrienne07 on 30/4/2009 at 10:08

Nha Trang airport - how far from the city?

Posted by daflj on 25/4/2009 at 20:58

Hello all, can somebody clear up some confusion for me please? Travelfish says that Nha Trang airport is 35km outside the city, while Lonely Planet says "The airport is on the southern side of town and is so close to many of the hotels that you can actually walk". Any clarity would be welcomed. If the airport IS miles outside the city what's the general cost of bus/tuk tuk etc? Cheers Daf ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,028 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by ngg18 on 26/4/2009 at 09:36

mai linh taxi company minivans HCMC to Siem Reap

Posted by paradise on 12/2/2009 at 09:13

Anyone know about this option as alternate to taking bus? I read about this in Travelfish section on bus travel in Vietnam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,127 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by lotramar on 25/4/2009 at 14:16

Phu Quoc Island - getting there and things to do

Posted by mindy on 20/4/2009 at 01:35

Hello! I'll be in Vietnam for a few weeks for field study and then I plan to leave my group and travel by myself with a trip to Cambodia before returning to Vietnam for some relaxing time on the beach on Phu Quoc Island. What is the best way to get from Siem Reap to Phu Quoc? I've read some of the other threads but it seems people have a bit more time - I have 7 days for Siem Reap, Phu Quoc and a day in Ho Chi Minh before my plane back to the states leaves. I'm not sure if I want to lose ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,268 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by mindy on 25/4/2009 at 09:09

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page