Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Pacific Airlines to become Jetstar Pacific

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/4/2008 at 08:06

The Australian newspaper website is reporting that: "Qantas is set to boost its presence in Southeast Asia by establishing a fleet of 30 Jetstar-branded aircraft in Vietnam. Qantas executives and Vietnamese officials will today unveil an agreement to change the name of Pacific Airlines, to Jetstar Pacific as part of a joint venture that will also lead to a fleet of 30 leased Airbus A320 aircraft being based in the country by 2014. The joint venture will initially grow services in Vietnam befo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,781 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by redgum on 26/5/2008 at 06:02

5 star express sleeping

Posted by SophieRoberts on 13/5/2008 at 16:48

Hi, I want to get the overnight 5 star express train from Saigon to Nha Trang. Does this train have sleeping berths? If so then are these the most expensive ones only? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,477 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by goldilocks on 22/5/2008 at 10:51

Vietnam in September

Posted by madz on 16/5/2008 at 09:57

Hi everyone! And this is my first post!! YAY! My partner and I have a 14 day trip in Vietnam booked for this coming September and Ive got a couple of questions i hope someone can help me out with. I'm still working on the itinerary but i am thinking something along the lines of HCM - 2 nights Dalat - 1 night Nha Trang - 2 nights Mui Ne - 2 nights Hoi An - 3 nights and then im not sure what else to do but i want to spend the last 2 maybe 3 nights in Ho Chi Minh. I was consider ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,493 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by vietnamtravelguides on 22/5/2008 at 10:10

Online booking site for Sapa trains

Posted by liquefiedstars on 19/5/2008 at 09:29

Hi Has anyone booked Sapa - Lao Cai trains through Hotel Vietnam Online? When you click "book now" the page is then re-directed to Discovery Indochina. It asks for your credit card details immediately so I can't even wait for someone to get back to me first. An email through the "contact us" page has met no reply. In particular, why is the Royal 4 berth soft sleeper unusually cheap at US$40 return? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,518 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by etulio on 20/5/2008 at 12:30

flights from hanoi

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 19/5/2008 at 18:34

hi all gonna be in vietnam in june(south to north) basically at the end of that month ill be flying from hanoi to bangkok for a few weeks then flying on to india - normally ive used the web for flights but noticed on my travels theres great offers at some travel agents - so what do people think web or agents and hopefully the names of good sites and reliable travel agents(hanoi)-also does anyone know if you need onward tickets for india also a bit of a different subject but is there any goo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,656 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/5/2008 at 08:50

sapa info needed

Posted by jscsmail on 18/5/2008 at 17:47

Hi All, ive got a short trip to Hanoi planned in early June. I would like to do the overnight train to sapa & one days trekking & maybe a day checking out the wkend markets, can anyone recommend a decent place to book through? I'm happy to catch a train up & organise something in sapa, or should I just pay handspan price & do the touristy option?. Is it easier to organise tours in sapa or Hanoi? I'm only in Hanoi 5 days & id like to do an overnight halong bay cruise also, so I’m short of tim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,097 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sunbaby11 on 19/5/2008 at 14:46

From Hanoi - Saigon (in July)

Posted by seahmj on 18/5/2008 at 00:37

Hi, I would like to have some informations on how do i go about travelling in a proper and safer way as i am planning to travel in this journey: Hanoi (visit to Halong Bay) - Hue - Hoi An - Nha Trang / Da Lat (either 1 or both) - Mekong Delta - Saigon Someone please advice me. I am doing a backpack visit to vietnam. This is my very first time doing so and i know nuts about vietnam transport and how it goes. I am on a budget tour. Hopefully someone will give me an idea of how can i do al ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,648 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by seahmj on 18/5/2008 at 11:27

Some Questions About Hanoi

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 29/3/2008 at 23:07

Hi, I’m starting to plan my trip to Hanoi for next year. We will be in Thailand first with my in-laws and then me and the wife are going to take a trip to Hanoi and ha long bay. Is a week in Hanoi long enough or too long? I do like to see as much as possible and also take my time and as we won’t be travelling around SE Asia this time I can spend a week in one place. I've been to Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore etc... So now want to check out Vietnam. We want to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,362 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by seahmj on 18/5/2008 at 00:53

Ninh Binh

Posted by hotdiggeydog2 on 16/5/2008 at 13:10

Just wondering if you people think that Ninh Binh is worth a 3 day stopover to see the sights? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,592 times, with no replies.

travel agent

Posted by ronyarm on 15/5/2008 at 13:55

anybody heard about travel agency "paradissa"? are they reliable? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,528 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ronyarm on 15/5/2008 at 17:59

revised plans.. Thanks Travelfishers

Posted by hotdiggeydog2 on 14/5/2008 at 12:37

First of all thank you all for your replies and comments. We have revised our plans as our last ones were too rushed . So I'm back for another shot.......... HCMC 2 days staying at Bich Duyen Hotel Fly to Danang, by car to Hoi An Hoi An 3 days, staying at Ha An Hotel 1 day tavel from Hoi An to Hue stopping at the sights on the way and going over the pass(I forgot it's name) 2 Days Hue, staying at Orchid Hotel Fly Hue to Hanoi 2 days Ninh Binh Staying at (I wouldn't have a clue!!!) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,430 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by packtoofull on 15/5/2008 at 12:11

3 weeks in the nam.what do u guys think

Posted by hotdiggeydog2 on 3/5/2008 at 10:33

Hi all My lovely wife and I are going to the nam for 23 days and doing a bit of research on thorn tree and travelfish have tried to come up with a it goes HCMC 2 days Mekong Delta - Hire a motorbike and cruise around for 3 days Travel HCMC to Dalat 1 Day (Bus) Dalat 1 day Travel Dalat to Nha Thrang 1 day (Bus) Nha Thrang 2 Days to Dive.I really need to dive!!!! Travel Nha Thrang to Danang then to Hoi An (Fly) Hoi An 2 days Travel Hoi An to Hue 1 day (car) Hue 1 day T ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,069 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by HoChiMihBob on 14/5/2008 at 13:48

cholera situation

Posted by macman1945 on 14/5/2008 at 05:16

Hi all, Wondering if anyone has up to date information on the cholera outbreak in hanoi in recent times? Also scams in nha trang at night? Will be travelling soon and need reassurance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,065 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by CatBa on 14/5/2008 at 10:40

Jungle Beach

Posted by thegingerbird on 12/5/2008 at 01:12

Hi again I was just wondering the best way to get from Nha Trang to Jungle beach. Also do you think i should book accommodation in advance? I will be getting there around 10-17th june depending on how much i like the other places i hit first! Cheers TGB ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,809 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by thegingerbird on 13/5/2008 at 22:22

Dog intestine sausages

Posted by packtoofull on 13/5/2008 at 15:23

Yes, you read the title right. I've just been editing our Bac Ha coverage, and came across the following in a review for a guesthouse there: "Still, the best value for the price of all the budget places we saw, and the owner here can cook you up an authentic dinner for a song. We left the choice up to her though, and got sausages made of dog intestines. So, maybe be more specific than we were." Don, our primary Vietnam researcher has a penchant for giving most things a try - and while w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,649 times, with no replies.

Vietnam Itinerary

Posted by CJHorn85 on 12/5/2008 at 20:19

Hey all, I will be travelling to SEA from mid-July to mid September (just under 2 1/2 months). I have posted on Lonely Planet forums, but this site appears to be the best of the best when it comes to SEA, so I thought I would try and get some opinions on here as well. Since this is the Vietnam destination part, I thought I would stick to that, and post my itinerary up for the other countries in the relevant sections. Here is my planned itinerary: Hanoi - 3 days Ha Long Bay - 3 day 2 ni ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,564 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by CatBa on 13/5/2008 at 01:10

Phu Quoc or mainland beaches in June?

Posted by andrea73 on 10/5/2008 at 03:25

Hi There -- We leave on May 19th for a six-week trip to Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. Our (rough) itinerary will have us in Bangkok for a few days, Chiang Mai for a week, LP for a week, Hanoi for a week, few days in Ha Long Bay and Hue/Hoi Ann for a week. We fly out of Saigon on July 2. My question has to do with beaches, generally, and Phu Quoc specifically. Because we are missing the Thailand beaches (on our first trip to Thailand, too!), we'd like to experience a bit of Vietnam's sun and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,688 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by CatBa on 11/5/2008 at 10:23

5 Star Express Train

Posted by chichinic on 27/2/2008 at 14:42

Hi, I am arriving in to Ho Chi Minh on March 2nd at 2 pm and I would like to catch a night train to Nha Trang. I have tried to book a ticket with through the 5 Star Express Train yet I have not received despite sending many emails and even Fax's. My questions are : Will is be easy to secure a sleeper at such short notice? Also, where is the best place to purchase the tickets when I arrive in town? Cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,475 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by goldilocks on 11/5/2008 at 03:38

What are the current prices of things in Vietnam?

Posted by kongxh on 9/5/2008 at 11:02

Can any folks staying in vietnam provide some updates as to the current prices of daily items? I'm travelling there in June, and i understand that inflation coupled with certain unfortunate circumstances have caused prices of almost everything to skyrocket over the past few months. I would be grateful if you could correct my errors. Budget accomodation in a major city: US$10 Street food in a major city: US$1.50 Restaurant food in a major city: US$5 A 2007 dated guidebook lists the ma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,119 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by kongxh on 9/5/2008 at 19:24

crossing the border from Hanoi into China to Kunming.

Posted by harajuku4me_pls on 6/5/2008 at 04:36

hi guys. i was wondering whats involved in travelling from Hanoi to Kunming in China. i plan to secure a Chinese visa before i leave for Asia, but is it a big deal to cross the border into China? do buses or trains follow a route i could use? is it expensive, is it safe? cheers. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,452 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by harajuku4me_pls on 9/5/2008 at 01:37

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page