Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Obtaining Vietnam Visa in Bangkok

Posted by zaboo on 17/10/2007 at 22:09

Hi all - anyone have an idea how long it takes to obtain a visa for Vietnam in Bangkok, and how to go about doing it? Also - am looking for recommendations for inexpensive but clean and friendly places to stay in Hanoi. Is it suggested to make reservations beforehand or is it easy to find accommodations on arrival? thanks much! ZaBoo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,747 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mattocmd on 30/10/2007 at 13:40

Pre Booking Vietnam Flights via Travel Agency

Posted by ozscott on 29/10/2007 at 11:33

Hi TravelFisher's, Does anyone know of honest and reliable travel agency in Vietnam that could pre-book both Vietnamese internal and international flights for me prior to my arrival in Vietnam? Internal flights would be: ------------------------------- - Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang - Hue to Hanoi Internation al flights would be: -------------------------------------- - Hanoi to Lubang Prabang - Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh I've read lots of good stuff about HandSpan Adventure Tours in H ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,934 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/10/2007 at 14:15

Quiet guesthouse/ budget hotel outside old quarter/ city center

Posted by hjulp on 15/10/2007 at 04:50

Hi, Family of 5 with 3 kids coming to Hanoi on Nov. 5th, we're looking for a family room in a quiet & comfortable guesthouse/ budget hotel, we are only interested by quiet areas which must be outside old quarter/ city center for example by the west lake, Truc Bach lake or equivalent quiet and attractive areas (even if a bite far from city center as long as comfort is higher). Thanks for your advise and review of places you've been and would recommend. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,336 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by hoai on 29/10/2007 at 13:44

a very good hotel in saigon-hcmc

Posted by vin4564 on 20/2/2007 at 18:55

will pay up to 70 dollars a night need internet in the room hopefully wireless--arrive 23feb any good suggestions ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,914 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by vin4564 on 24/10/2007 at 08:53

Que Huong Guest House, Hanoi

Posted by hjulp on 23/10/2007 at 16:40

I've been proposed a family room at Que Huong Guest House in Hanoi. Has anyone been in this guest house? What do you think? Is it quiet and comfortable enough for a budget price of $32/ night. Thanks for your review ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,992 times, with no replies.

Good Travel Agency from Vietnam for Angkor Wat?

Posted by VanVan on 9/10/2007 at 02:43

Hi - It's me again, still in process of planning for one month in Viet Nam. Does anyone recommend a good travel agency in Saigon for Angkor Wat tour? We'd like to take a 3D/2N Angkor Wat tour from Saigon by airplane. Do you know bout how much per person? I think Sinh Cafe offers a bus tour but we don't want to take bus (to save time). Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,646 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by kptn82 on 23/10/2007 at 11:26

Vietnam visa from europe

Posted by natsimoes on 23/10/2007 at 04:54

Hey there Does anyone have a good/safe suggestion on a travel agency in HCMC that can deliver a multiple entry visa to Vietnam with minimum charge? Thanks for your help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,239 times, with no replies.

tailor-made shoes in Vietnam?

Posted by tabea1 on 23/10/2007 at 00:06

Hi everybody, my non-standard feet don´t fit in most ready-made shoes. Does anybody know a shoemaker around Hanoi or Saigon, where I can get tailor-made shoes? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,794 times, with no replies.

8 days in Vietnam

Posted by airfaze on 21/10/2007 at 23:42

Hi, I would be spending a short break of 8 days in Vietnam in November. I have no concrete plans yet.. but from what i gathered, i think it would be best spent in the North instead of doing the North to South route in 8 days? If its the northern region, I'm thinking of traveling to Hanoi, Sapa and Halong Bay. If so, which would be the best place to start from Hanoi? Any other suggestions to spend the 8 days would be greatly appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,403 times, with no replies.

Central Vietnam Reccomendations

Posted by ozscott on 20/10/2007 at 08:13

Hi TravelFish'ers, My wife & I are headed to SE Asia for a 6 week holiday (2+ weeks Vietnam, 2 weeks Laos, 1 week Cambodia). We land in Ho Chi Minh Feb 21st, are planning 3 nights in (Ho Chi Minh), then a flight to Da Nang or Hue. We have allowed 6 nights in Central Vietnam, then fly to Hanoi from Da Nang or Hue. Question - What would be our best travel itinerary and transport options for our 6 nights in Central Vietnam? We arn't overly interested in history or architecture, rather markets ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,865 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/10/2007 at 09:00

Cruising the Ha Long Bay from Cat Ba ?

Posted by XtoF on 17/10/2007 at 01:58

Hi everyone ! In a few days I'm flying to Vietnam, and of course at some point of the trip I'll want to cruise on the Ha Long Bay :) I an attempt to do something more "customized" and to try to avoid most of the tourists, I plan to reach Cat Ba on my own (ferrying from Haïphong I think), stay a few days there hiking the National Park, and then cruise one or two days on the Bay. Question : is it possible to rent a junk from Cat Ba for more than a "tiny" tour?? May I ask at one of the hoste ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,193 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by amy_k_lehmann on 19/10/2007 at 05:56

itinerary for vietnam

Posted by jenperry on 17/10/2007 at 20:27

Hi - want to spend around 3 weeks of a 7.5 week journey throughout SEAsia. Does 6 days in HCMC, Hanoi, then splitting the time left between Hue & Hoi An sound ok? Any suggestions? Will be there in Jan/Feb ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,580 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by jenperry on 18/10/2007 at 17:20

Hanoi to SaPa via train

Posted by sunbird71 on 4/10/2007 at 15:15

I am going to hanoi/sapa/halong bay next month with hubby and 2 teenagers, can anyone advise whether to book overnight train from hanoi to sapa or organise it over there ? it will be a friday night so we are able to be there on weekend also I am an amateur phtotgrapher and was wondering if anyone can recommend any must see photo opportunities! we then are going to do halong bay if anyone has any suggestions on junk? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,504 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by sine on 17/10/2007 at 13:47

Old Quarter Hotel

Posted by archiebaby on 10/10/2007 at 15:46

Hello, Can someone please suggest a hotel in Hanoi in the old quarter. I am looking for a hotel with a great view into Hanoi (if this exists) I would like a place where luggage can be left safely. I would like a place with atmosphere. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,689 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by hoai on 16/10/2007 at 23:32

Late Arrival to Noi Bai Airport

Posted by VanVan on 16/10/2007 at 00:20

Our flight will be arriving late to Noi Bai airport, about midnight. We concern about safety. Are there still taxi and shuttle bus to Ha Noi by that time? Should we worry for safety? Are hotels still open? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,769 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by hoai on 16/10/2007 at 23:24

Getting a Vietnam Visa in Bangkok? Phnon Phen?

Posted by kunayala13 on 15/10/2007 at 22:39

Quick Question: Does anyone have experiences getting visas in Bangkok or Phnon Phen? Can I get the visa in the same day? I was hoping not to spend too much time in either place, but I am hoping to go to Vietnam. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,148 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by rakhee2108 on 16/10/2007 at 20:19

Transportation from Hoi An to Mui Ne

Posted by umkorth on 4/10/2007 at 19:17

What is the best way to get from Hoi An to Mui Ne? Night Train? Any advise?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,344 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/10/2007 at 17:18

Rent A Helmet Saigon?

Posted by travelsalone on 14/10/2007 at 00:01

I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to rent a motorcycle helmet in Saigon, or if I will have to buy one, or if I should bring one with me...I am not renting a motorcycle, but will be traveling on one with a local friend I met in another country. This seems like a silly question, but she is not understanding my question because of her limited English, so I would appreciate any information... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,589 times, with no replies.

HCMC Hotel Happy Inn or Kim Hotel??

Posted by ladytravelbug on 12/10/2007 at 05:00

Which do you prefer? My husband and I need a hotel for three nights Would like a place that is clean, safe and close to everything but not too loud. Would like to leave our bags there while we go to Mekong and feel good that they will be there when we return. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,311 times, with no replies.

Excellent, simple hotel in Siem Reap

Posted by oldspinster on 11/10/2007 at 20:04

Just spent 4 days, 5 nights in Siem Reap. Fresh Guest House has simple, clean rooms with a/c and tv for $12 per night. Very centrally located, across from old market, but not noisy at all. It's a good bet if you want to be smack in the middle of town and need basic clean accomodations. 092-765 627; freshgh@gmail.com Enjoy!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,210 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page