Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents—we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Online Vietnamese Travel Agents

Posted by cbeers on 9/3/2007 at 21:13

I would like to book a few hotels in Mui Ne and wonder has anyone used either traveltovietnam.com or hotelvietnamonline.com? Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Book your Vietnam travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

mode of travel

Posted by catcrowe on 9/3/2007 at 15:38

hey i'm on my way to phu quoc and would like to know how to get around other than a moterbike? Can you hire cars on the island? ta kate ...

Read the full post.

saigon to hanoi by train

Posted by waynedundas on 13/2/2007 at 03:27

hello , i'm planning to travel from saigon to hanoi by train in april with a 5 day stopover in hoi an, has anyone been thisway recently, would like any help. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Flights from Hanoi to Thailand?

Posted by geoffraffe on 7/3/2007 at 19:19

Hi, Does anyone know of an airline that flys from Hanoi to Chang Mai? Any info would be graet ...

Read the full post.

Any good travel tour in Vietnam?

Posted by longn on 2/3/2007 at 06:08

Any good travel tour in Vietnam? Any bad one to avoid? ...

Read the full post.

Watching Footy in Saigon...............

Posted by steviej on 4/3/2007 at 19:00

Hey Up.............. Well it looks like we'll be in Saigon around the middle of April and Manchester United are playing Chelsea on the 15th at 19:30hrs local time; it may be a daft question but will we be able to see the game??? TTFN stevie ...

Read the full post.

can now book pacific airlines online!

Posted by katt on 17/2/2007 at 09:06

Hi, I just wanted to let anyone who may be interested know that I have just booked a flight from HCMC to Danang through Pacific Airlines' new website. They now have E ticketing facilities! The price was 40 USD including taxes. ...

Read the full post.

Air Asia Hanoi to Bangkok

Posted by AmandaJordan on 12/2/2007 at 01:48

I know they just started this flight less than a year ago so I was wondering if anyone has taken Air Asia from Hanoi to Bangkok? Was the plane decent? Also, If we are supposed to have an international flight leaving bangkok the next morning and the Air asia flight is in the afternoon are we giving ourselves enough time. Has anyone experience more than a couple hours delay which i've heard is pretty standard with air asia? ...

Read the full post.

Malaria

Posted by greenman on 5/3/2007 at 15:02

Hi all I am travelling around Vietnam for some 18 days, and was wondering about malaria protection. I have been to my doctor’s and the prescription for 29 tablets is around £90 (USD162). Is it wise to wait until I get arrive in Vietnam and purchase over the counter (is it cheaper) if I can or is this stupid and I should get in UK Thanks ...

Read the full post.

HELP!! Need ATM

Posted by adamwsmith on 12/2/2007 at 10:41

HElp, I'm doing the Northwest Loop by motorbike. Ive got to Son La, from Mai Chau and Hanoi. I've just discovered that the is no ATM here in Son La, and I'm repidly running out of cash. Does anyone know if there is an ATM which takes UK credit cards (Visa) in Dien Bin Phu or Sapa. Thanks, and fingers crossed. ...

Read the full post.

Hong Kong to Hanoi

Posted by tati53 on 19/2/2007 at 11:08

Has anyone recently traveled from Hong Kong (or Guangzhou) to Hanoi on the train? In theory there is a direct train twice weekly, but this has yet to be confirmed. I would really like to not have to wait and change trains in Nanning, China, as this can add hours onto the already lengthy trip. Any advice would be appreciated! Cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Saigon Cafe Tours

Posted by rdr100 on 27/2/2007 at 19:56

In Travelfish's excellent reccent articles in Halong Bay, the flashpacker trip was through Saigon Cafe Tours. We are in Hanoi and would like to use them. Anyone know the address? ...

Read the full post.

Mekong Delta

Posted by dutoy on 26/2/2007 at 23:33

Hi all, We would like to do a three day bicycle trip in the Mekong Delta. The Lonely Planet "Cycling Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia" suggests one trip but after consulting other guidebooks we feel that there must be other, much more interesting itineraries. Basically, we are looking for the following information: - Where to rent a bicycle (I guess Ho Chi Minh City is the place to be...?) - An "off the beaten track" 3-day/2 nights trip - Are there semi organized trips available? (Companies pro ...

Read the full post.

travel from vietnam to laos

Posted by eklecticist on 4/3/2007 at 00:13

Hi all, I'll be travelling to Hanoi and Halong Bay with my frends this coming May, most likely for a week and then off to Laos ( Vietiane and Luang Prabang?) with my partner for another week. Got a couple of queries. 1) How to get to Halong Bay from Hanoi ---- I'm assuming we can prob get bus tickets somewhere? It's about a 3 hour plus ride from what i read online. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 2) 3 days for Hanoi and 3 days for Halong Bay, with 1 day set aside for travelling ---- pos ...

Read the full post.

My Son information

Posted by canucksinasia on 20/2/2007 at 12:18

Hello travelfishes, I seem to be having a problem finding any sort of detailed information on the My Son ruins in the Hoi An area. I've found passing references to My Son here and there, but as yet no real helpful info. If anyone has any first hand experience visiting these Champa ruins, or knows of a good link with such information, could you let me know. Thanks! James & Lindsay Canucks(counting the days until we are)in Asia ...

Read the full post.

Hanoi to Denpasar

Posted by ChrisM48 on 23/2/2007 at 12:51

I am wanting to fly from Hanoi to Denpasar. So far, to do this, will need to fly from Hanoi to Bangkok and then a connection from Bangkok to Denpasar. Has anyone flown direct from Hanoi to Denpasar, presumaby with Vietnam Air? It is impossible to get on Vietnam Air website at the moment If this is the case, is it realistic to book from either Vietnam or Thailand? What is the approximate cost? ...

Read the full post.

Phu Quoc Island

Posted by longleat on 23/10/2006 at 21:39

Can someone tell me the months for low season and high season on Phu Quoc? Also any recommendations for bungalows would be really appreciated. We plan to be there in late May or early June. How is the weather then? Many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

sell bike in vietnam?

Posted by kristineellen on 17/2/2007 at 13:54

Hello, I am currently in Saigon and I am looking to buy a bicycle. Perhaps someone is, or knows somebody who is trying to get rid of one in this area. If so, that would be neat, thanks! Kristine ...

Read the full post.

Elegance Hotel (1 or 2), Hanoi

Posted by Blueeyedboy13 on 16/2/2007 at 06:24

Does anyone have any experience of these hotels, good or bad? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Vietnam exit strategy

Posted by ohaileagain on 12/2/2007 at 21:27

In may i'm travelling overland from bangkok to cambodia and ultimately Saigon. Realising this journey is likely to trurn me into a sweat factory i want to get an alternative route back to bangkok/koh samuai but the flights look really expensive. Is there anyway to get a boat from vietnam to thailand or some shorter route overland that won't mean back tracking through siem reap etc? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page