Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents—we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

"Urgent help, thanks!" Motorcyling from Hanoi into the Central Highlands

Posted by fitzlee on 9/1/2007 at 21:25

Thinking about doing the captioned, have got in touch with Easyriders in Dalat. Abit pricey since they said they have to drive all the way up to Hoi an to pick us up... Our hotel recommends us a motorcyclist in Danang who claims to be from Easyrider and can offer a cheaper price. Is it trustworthy? Has anyone done the same before but with other motorcyclists? If yes, anyone to recommend? ...

Read the full post.

Book your Vietnam travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Scuba Diving

Posted by greenman on 9/1/2007 at 22:38

Hi: Any body been Scuba diving in Vietnam, if so can you recommend places. Myself and a buddy intend travelling the length of the country and would like to get some diving in. We are both fully qualified BSAC divers down to 50M ,any problems with BSAC in Vietnam???. ...

Read the full post.

How do we get to Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city (Vietnam)

Posted by soccersimo on 29/12/2006 at 14:28

We are looking to get from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam basically it is from the south to the north. We really don't want to get a train, our preferred route is by flight. Hs anyone any help on which is the best way up? air asia do not other the option., does any other company other it? And what about boat? Thanks MARK ...

Read the full post.

Tung Trang Hotel in Hanoi

Posted by epicier on 7/1/2007 at 01:24

Don't seem to find much information and comments on this hotel. Anyone stayed there in 2006? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,399 times, with no replies.

Guesthouses in MuiNe???

Posted by BigJim on 6/12/2006 at 07:10

Hi, I'm arriving in SGN on Dec 23rd about 4:00pm and was hoping to get to MuiNe and into a guesthouse the same day. I've emailed Hong Di, Keng, and Paradise Huts through this site but haven't gotten anything back from any of them. Can you give me some hints on how to get there and into a hut for the holidays. Thank you. Big Jim ...

Read the full post.

bus to siem reap from phnom penh

Posted by netstar on 3/1/2007 at 09:29

does anyone know what time the buses leave phnom penh to siem reap? is there an afternoon service? ...

Read the full post.

Mariott on Phu Quoc

Posted by MrMidrange on 17/11/2006 at 06:47

Hi According to their website is is now open , has anyone been there /geard reports Is it on a good beach any info will be appreciated ...

Read the full post.

accommodation in bac ha

Posted by fitzlee on 28/12/2006 at 16:03

hi, need an accommodation in bac ha this weekend. would love to know if there is any good clean cheap hotel/ hostels to recommend? do we need to book ahead? your prompt advice is highly appreciated. many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Saigon to Laos - Direct Flights?

Posted by kiwigirl on 2/1/2007 at 14:52

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year!! Am curious if anyone knows of any direct flights from Saigon (HCMC) to Laos. I know of flights from PP (Cambodia) to Pakse and from Hanoi to Vientiane but am yet to confirm any direct flights from Saigon exist despite rumours. Any help much appreciated. Kiwigirl ...

Read the full post.

Saigon to Bangkok (or bust)

Posted by steviej on 23/12/2006 at 19:16

Hi All, Does anybody know how many airlines fly SGN-BKK other than the usual suspects i.e. Vietnam Airlines Thai Air & Air France?? Any news on the ground regarding Vietnam Airlines website, everytime I visit they have a new date for launch.................... ...

Read the full post.

Good place to stay in Dalat

Posted by madkaw on 13/12/2006 at 21:34

Hi, We are going to Dalat and are wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a clean friendly guesthouse. Our price range is around 10 USD but will go higher if needed. We don't need anything special, just clean and friendly. Any info is appreciated. Thanks Madkaw ...

Read the full post.

Flight from Hanoi to Luang Prabang

Posted by longleat on 24/12/2006 at 05:22

Can someone tell me the price of a ticket from Hanoi to Luang Prabang either on Vietnam Airlines or Lao Airlines. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Vietnam Visa

Posted by longleat on 24/12/2006 at 05:21

We will arrive in Hanoi and then fly directly to Laos. We won't be back to Vietnam for more than 30 days. Can I get a 60 day visa? Or can I extend a 30 day visa while in Cambodia? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,816 times, with no replies.

Cat Tien Nationalpark

Posted by sarahandclau on 15/12/2006 at 16:10

we're looking for some people (at least one pers.)to join us at our 3 days-trek in cat tien nationalpark from 20-22 dec.2006. price: 90 usd (incl. accomodation, tourguide, jeep, transfer from&to saigon; excl. food and drinks). please leave a message or go directly to "viet viet travel comp.", 269 nea thaum street, saigon (next to "lotteria", pham ngu lao) thank you!!!! clau and sarah (switzerland) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,925 times, with no replies.

Online payment- ODC travel

Posted by chows on 11/12/2006 at 16:23

Online payment I am about to sign up package with ODC travel, but need to pay them a deposit. Any one here try transfer/ credit card payemnt to ODC? feel bit insecure. thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,496 times, with no replies.

An OFF-SIDE question about Phu Quoc

Posted by Benjamin on 7/12/2006 at 20:00

I apologize in advance to whomever I will inevitably offend with this question. How dodgy is it to smoke herb on Phu Quoc? Thanks Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,656 times, with no replies.

Hanoi hotel decision

Posted by jordanclay on 6/12/2006 at 19:48

The flights are booked, I have spent hours researching hotels and now it is time to make a booking. I have narrowed down my choice of hotels to either the Church hotel or the Golden Lotus, both highly rated in various reviews. If anyone has any idea of how to choose one over the other I would be very grateful although I have a feeling that it may end up as a toss of a coin Thanks again ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,872 times, with no replies.

Getting from Hanoi to Na Maew/Nam Xoi to Sam Neua in Loas

Posted by katesmith on 4/12/2006 at 18:11

Hey, I am travelling from Hanoi into Loas and want to take the Na Maew border crossing to see the caves at Vieng Xai. Is it possible to get a bus direct from Hanoi to this border and do you need a loas visa? Any info on this would be great. Thanks Kate ...

Read the full post.

Flights between HCMC and Siem Reap - Book in advance or not?

Posted by lucyhudson on 27/11/2006 at 23:51

Hi there, Looking at www.vietnamairlines.com but it doesn't seem possible to book online yet... We'd like to book return flights from HCMC to Siem Reap - should we do this in advance or is it OK to do it when we get to HCMC? ie will we save any money by doing it when we get to Vietnam or is it just as easy to do it in advance? Any advice would be super! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Hoi Ahn

Posted by swenglishdan on 18/11/2006 at 22:05

Hello, Currently travelling round Vietnam, my gf and I are in Nha Trang, staying here for about a week doing a bit of diving and eating sea food! Heading North next to Hoi Ahn and De nang. Looking for any good tips on what to do and where to stay. We are on a budget of about $6 a night for a room and would like something in the centre of Hoi Ahn if possible! ...

Read the full post.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page