Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents—we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

vn new year

Posted by vin4564 on 26/1/2007 at 02:07

heading to hanoi 19feb coming from bangkok-- could be problem booking hotel--staying 5days--- then saigon and the mekong delta--any tips you can throw my way would thankfully be appreciated im new to traveling---- vincent ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,834 times, with 1 reply.

Book your Vietnam travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Hanoi guesthouses suggestions

Posted by joseee1980 on 4/1/2007 at 23:33

Hi after reading the travelfish guides on guesthouses in hanoi i have narrowed down to tung trung, artist guesthouse or even the golden lotus at a much higher price. Does anyone of you have any experience with the above list, is the extra 30usd or so on golden lotus worth it for the room and the location? i assume all of them are in old quarters. Next are there travel agencies around these area where i can book air tickets to my next destination which is luang prabang, i wouldnt be able to re ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,681 times, with 7 replies.

Travel in Vietnam

Posted by drutherford on 5/1/2007 at 10:44

Hi everyone, We are planning on visiting Vietnam in June for approximately 1-2 weeks. We are on a backpackers budget but would like to see as much as possible of course. We are flying into Hanoi and will be making our way down Vietnam and then over to Cambodia. Some countries have hop-on/hop-off trains or buses for tourists. Does Vietnam have anythign like this? Does Vietnam have tourist travel passes for transport? If not, what is the best and cheapest way of travelling? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,769 times, with 4 replies.

Saigon to Hanoi - and Saigon to Bangkok

Posted by drutherford on 17/1/2007 at 10:38

Hi Can anyone let me know what it would cost to fly from Saigon to Hanoi one way? Also from Saigon to Bangkok one way? Is there a cheap local airline website we can book these flights through before we leave? Are they reliable (ie if we prebook and pay, are we certain they are going to have a ticket when we get there!) Our international flight comes into Saigon and we need a connection to either Hanoi or Bangkok (unsure which one yet). Unfortunately all the travel agents here are quoti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,097 times, with 1 reply.

SEA Itinerary Experts- Advice Please!

Posted by sweetjustucia on 13/1/2007 at 02:08

Background: ~ traveling solo from the USA ~going to be in SEA from Feb. 1st thru April 18th ~flying in and out of BKK- I have a 60 day tourist visa ~planning on spending all Feb. in Southern Thailand ~applying for Vietnam visa in BKK ~desire to travel Laos and Vietnam: I have about 1 ½ months to travel ~last year I spent a month in Cambodia, therefore I’d rather skip it this trip ~very willing to fly international border crossings- overland travel within country = find an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,916 times, with 3 replies.

Are there sleeping accomodations around Van Phong Bay? Vietnam Coast

Posted by losligato on 16/1/2007 at 10:27

I am cycling down hwy 1 and would like to sleep somewhere around Van Phong Bay. Does anyone know if their is a guesthouse or bungalows around Van Ninh, Dai Lanh or Ninh Hoa? Greatly appreciate any feedback. Amanda ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,133 times, with no replies.

"Urgent help, thanks!" Motorcyling from Hanoi into the Central Highlands

Posted by fitzlee on 9/1/2007 at 21:25

Thinking about doing the captioned, have got in touch with Easyriders in Dalat. Abit pricey since they said they have to drive all the way up to Hoi an to pick us up... Our hotel recommends us a motorcyclist in Danang who claims to be from Easyrider and can offer a cheaper price. Is it trustworthy? Has anyone done the same before but with other motorcyclists? If yes, anyone to recommend? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,186 times, with 3 replies.

Scuba Diving

Posted by greenman on 9/1/2007 at 22:38

Hi: Any body been Scuba diving in Vietnam, if so can you recommend places. Myself and a buddy intend travelling the length of the country and would like to get some diving in. We are both fully qualified BSAC divers down to 50M ,any problems with BSAC in Vietnam???. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,175 times, with 1 reply.

How do we get to Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city (Vietnam)

Posted by soccersimo on 29/12/2006 at 14:28

We are looking to get from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam basically it is from the south to the north. We really don't want to get a train, our preferred route is by flight. Hs anyone any help on which is the best way up? air asia do not other the option., does any other company other it? And what about boat? Thanks MARK ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,411 times, with 2 replies.

Tung Trang Hotel in Hanoi

Posted by epicier on 7/1/2007 at 01:24

Don't seem to find much information and comments on this hotel. Anyone stayed there in 2006? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,422 times, with no replies.

Guesthouses in MuiNe???

Posted by BigJim on 6/12/2006 at 07:10

Hi, I'm arriving in SGN on Dec 23rd about 4:00pm and was hoping to get to MuiNe and into a guesthouse the same day. I've emailed Hong Di, Keng, and Paradise Huts through this site but haven't gotten anything back from any of them. Can you give me some hints on how to get there and into a hut for the holidays. Thank you. Big Jim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,021 times, with 8 replies.

bus to siem reap from phnom penh

Posted by netstar on 3/1/2007 at 09:29

does anyone know what time the buses leave phnom penh to siem reap? is there an afternoon service? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,902 times, with 2 replies.

Mariott on Phu Quoc

Posted by MrMidrange on 17/11/2006 at 06:47

Hi According to their website is is now open , has anyone been there /geard reports Is it on a good beach any info will be appreciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,812 times, with 1 reply.

accommodation in bac ha

Posted by fitzlee on 28/12/2006 at 16:03

hi, need an accommodation in bac ha this weekend. would love to know if there is any good clean cheap hotel/ hostels to recommend? do we need to book ahead? your prompt advice is highly appreciated. many thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,325 times, with 1 reply.

Saigon to Laos - Direct Flights?

Posted by kiwigirl on 2/1/2007 at 14:52

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year!! Am curious if anyone knows of any direct flights from Saigon (HCMC) to Laos. I know of flights from PP (Cambodia) to Pakse and from Hanoi to Vientiane but am yet to confirm any direct flights from Saigon exist despite rumours. Any help much appreciated. Kiwigirl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,128 times, with 3 replies.

Saigon to Bangkok (or bust)

Posted by steviej on 23/12/2006 at 19:16

Hi All, Does anybody know how many airlines fly SGN-BKK other than the usual suspects i.e. Vietnam Airlines Thai Air & Air France?? Any news on the ground regarding Vietnam Airlines website, everytime I visit they have a new date for launch.................... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,843 times, with 3 replies.

Good place to stay in Dalat

Posted by madkaw on 13/12/2006 at 21:34

Hi, We are going to Dalat and are wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a clean friendly guesthouse. Our price range is around 10 USD but will go higher if needed. We don't need anything special, just clean and friendly. Any info is appreciated. Thanks Madkaw ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,220 times, with 2 replies.

Flight from Hanoi to Luang Prabang

Posted by longleat on 24/12/2006 at 05:22

Can someone tell me the price of a ticket from Hanoi to Luang Prabang either on Vietnam Airlines or Lao Airlines. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,804 times, with 1 reply.

Vietnam Visa

Posted by longleat on 24/12/2006 at 05:21

We will arrive in Hanoi and then fly directly to Laos. We won't be back to Vietnam for more than 30 days. Can I get a 60 day visa? Or can I extend a 30 day visa while in Cambodia? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,835 times, with no replies.

Cat Tien Nationalpark

Posted by sarahandclau on 15/12/2006 at 16:10

we're looking for some people (at least one pers.)to join us at our 3 days-trek in cat tien nationalpark from 20-22 dec.2006. price: 90 usd (incl. accomodation, tourguide, jeep, transfer from&to saigon; excl. food and drinks). please leave a message or go directly to "viet viet travel comp.", 269 nea thaum street, saigon (next to "lotteria", pham ngu lao) thank you!!!! clau and sarah (switzerland) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,946 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page