Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents—we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Good place to stay in Dalat

Posted by madkaw on 13/12/2006 at 21:34

Hi, We are going to Dalat and are wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a clean friendly guesthouse. Our price range is around 10 USD but will go higher if needed. We don't need anything special, just clean and friendly. Any info is appreciated. Thanks Madkaw ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,245 times, with 2 replies.

Book your Vietnam travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Flight from Hanoi to Luang Prabang

Posted by longleat on 24/12/2006 at 05:22

Can someone tell me the price of a ticket from Hanoi to Luang Prabang either on Vietnam Airlines or Lao Airlines. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,822 times, with 1 reply.

Vietnam Visa

Posted by longleat on 24/12/2006 at 05:21

We will arrive in Hanoi and then fly directly to Laos. We won't be back to Vietnam for more than 30 days. Can I get a 60 day visa? Or can I extend a 30 day visa while in Cambodia? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,853 times, with no replies.

Cat Tien Nationalpark

Posted by sarahandclau on 15/12/2006 at 16:10

we're looking for some people (at least one pers.)to join us at our 3 days-trek in cat tien nationalpark from 20-22 dec.2006. price: 90 usd (incl. accomodation, tourguide, jeep, transfer from&to saigon; excl. food and drinks). please leave a message or go directly to "viet viet travel comp.", 269 nea thaum street, saigon (next to "lotteria", pham ngu lao) thank you!!!! clau and sarah (switzerland) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,966 times, with no replies.

Online payment- ODC travel

Posted by chows on 11/12/2006 at 16:23

Online payment I am about to sign up package with ODC travel, but need to pay them a deposit. Any one here try transfer/ credit card payemnt to ODC? feel bit insecure. thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,544 times, with no replies.

An OFF-SIDE question about Phu Quoc

Posted by Benjamin on 7/12/2006 at 20:00

I apologize in advance to whomever I will inevitably offend with this question. How dodgy is it to smoke herb on Phu Quoc? Thanks Ben ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,695 times, with no replies.

Hanoi hotel decision

Posted by jordanclay on 6/12/2006 at 19:48

The flights are booked, I have spent hours researching hotels and now it is time to make a booking. I have narrowed down my choice of hotels to either the Church hotel or the Golden Lotus, both highly rated in various reviews. If anyone has any idea of how to choose one over the other I would be very grateful although I have a feeling that it may end up as a toss of a coin Thanks again ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,909 times, with no replies.

Getting from Hanoi to Na Maew/Nam Xoi to Sam Neua in Loas

Posted by katesmith on 4/12/2006 at 18:11

Hey, I am travelling from Hanoi into Loas and want to take the Na Maew border crossing to see the caves at Vieng Xai. Is it possible to get a bus direct from Hanoi to this border and do you need a loas visa? Any info on this would be great. Thanks Kate ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,793 times, with 1 reply.

Flights between HCMC and Siem Reap - Book in advance or not?

Posted by lucyhudson on 27/11/2006 at 23:51

Hi there, Looking at www.vietnamairlines.com but it doesn't seem possible to book online yet... We'd like to book return flights from HCMC to Siem Reap - should we do this in advance or is it OK to do it when we get to HCMC? ie will we save any money by doing it when we get to Vietnam or is it just as easy to do it in advance? Any advice would be super! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,994 times, with 2 replies.

Hoi Ahn

Posted by swenglishdan on 18/11/2006 at 22:05

Hello, Currently travelling round Vietnam, my gf and I are in Nha Trang, staying here for about a week doing a bit of diving and eating sea food! Heading North next to Hoi Ahn and De nang. Looking for any good tips on what to do and where to stay. We are on a budget of about $6 a night for a room and would like something in the centre of Hoi Ahn if possible! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,653 times, with 4 replies.

Vietnam trip

Posted by sailor on 28/11/2006 at 03:46

I am planning to make a trip (together with my girlfriend) from Saigon to Hanoi. we would like to travel with the train and the bus. I there anyone who can give me some advise about places where to go and about the price of the trip (I can't find much information about it). We travel like backpackers. i hope you can help us. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,980 times, with 3 replies.

how far from Hanoi Airport to Hoan Kiem district?

Posted by Manticore on 13/11/2006 at 21:39

hi there, Just wanting to find out how far from Hanoi Airport to Hoan Kiem district? And what would I expect to pay for transportation there? I will be there very late December 2006. thanks :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,964 times, with 8 replies.

Mekong Delta

Posted by brinner on 28/9/2006 at 21:35

Hi, I will be in HCMC tomorrow for 2 days and then have 2 days for a Mekong Delta tour. Can anybody recommend a tour company? Also, we are travelling into cambodia (Phnom Penh) and was wondering if we would save time by going on from the Mekong delta rather than back to HCMC and then onto Phom Penh? Cheers Brian. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,532 times, with 15 replies.

Accommodation

Posted by MalcolmDean on 27/11/2006 at 10:19

I am looking for info on budget accommodation fora familyof 5 in Dalat and Nha Trang. I need help soon. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,082 times, with 1 reply.

What to do in Southern Vietnam

Posted by lucyhudson on 25/11/2006 at 00:26

Hi there We have 8 days in Vietnam and would like to go to Phu Quoc Island for 3-4 days...anyone have any ideas of what we should DEFINITELY see in southern Vietnam before our flight goes back to the UK from Ho Chi Minh City??? Any ideas gratefully accepted!! Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,358 times, with 6 replies.

Prince II Hotel - Halong Bay

Posted by sleepygirl on 26/11/2006 at 09:19

Hey guys, I have heard heaps of good reviews about Prince II in Hanoi and so have booked acommodation there! I've also asked them to book a Halong Bay tour for me, and they quoted 35USD per person. Has anyone used their tour service to Halong Bay, and is it any good? Cos from what I've read here, I was prepared to spend about 60 or 70USD for a good tour company. I don't know if I should ask them to book something different? Anyone had any experience let me know :) Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,260 times, with 2 replies.

Mui Ne or Doc let

Posted by MrMidrange on 14/11/2006 at 10:11

Hi , I am tossing up between Mui ne & doc let only have time for one . -Which has the nicer beach? -Any nightlife in Doc let - I think it will be easy enough to get to doc let from Nha trang , but am worried about getting stuck in doc let as it is not a major town Can anyone please answer my questions or give me general feedback about both destinations thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,604 times, with 1 reply.

Saigon

Posted by PD on 18/11/2006 at 11:58

Hi, I'm new to this site. I'll be going to Saigon for 4 days during new years with one of my friends. Our tickets are booked and paid for but we have NO iDEA about hotels and WHERE we should go. Would like to stay 2 nights in the city and 2 nights at the beach nearby - is there one? Any suggestions anyone for a backpackers place or cheap motels in saigon? What are the MUST see? Is there a nice place to go out partying esp on new yrs eve? Anything would be appreciated. Thank oyu ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,421 times, with 2 replies.

Easter time

Posted by jordanclay on 24/11/2006 at 19:44

Hi all is easter a good time to travel to Hanoi with regards to being busy? Are hotels likely to be booked out and tours very busy or is easter not a public holiday in Vietnam. Thanks once again Jordan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,355 times, with 1 reply.

Halong Trip

Posted by jordanclay on 21/11/2006 at 19:47

I would like to book an overnight on the boat trip to Halong Bay. I dont mind paying a bit extra to book with a reputable operator and Tropical Sails seem to be such an outfit. According to their website an overnight trip for a single cabin will cost over $200 which is a lot of my budget. Is it the same price if I wait till I arrive in Vietnam or does anyone know of an equally good operator who may be a bit cheaper? As one of the main reasons to visit North Vietnam I would hate to be disappointe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,959 times, with 2 replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page