Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents—we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Hostel in Ho Ch Minh City

Posted by janduine on 17/10/2006 at 17:29

Looking for a nice quiet hostel in Ho Chi Minh City for the last part of November. Somewhere near or in the backpackers area. Price: abt. USD 10/12 incl. airco, bathroom, nice furniture. Anyone any experience? ...

Read the full post.

Book your Vietnam travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

What about Hue?

Posted by hiong on 15/8/2006 at 23:16

Hi everyone, I was wondering for a couple of things while I'm planning for my trip across indochine countries in the next october. One thing is: Hue doesn't seem to be a destination here, nor it was listed in the city guide. Is it so, or it was me that haven't searched well? another thing: So, if I really skip Hue and go directly to Hoi An from Hanoi, could you guys share your experiences of how is the best way to get there? I've heard about trains and well, it seemed that it had less complai ...

Read the full post.

Potential Marriage Proposal

Posted by wormholer on 9/10/2006 at 15:12

Hello, I'm off to vietnam, starting in Hanoi, then heading down the coast to Hoi Chi Min. I'm going with my girlfriend of 5 years and am planning to get engaged whilst there.. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any romantic settings/good hotels/nice restraunts for a potential proposal? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Matt ...

Read the full post.

Sapa

Posted by lesleyvr on 7/10/2006 at 08:30

I will only be in northern Vietnam for about a week and a half this coming January, but would really like to get up to Sapa for a couple of days. Is it worth it for that amount of time? I am thinking of taking the overnight train from Hanoi, spending the next day/night and following day there, then taking the overnight train back to Hanoi. Any suggestions? Is it possible to get any sleep on the train? Are there safety concerns? ...

Read the full post.

Perfume Pagoda and Tam Coc and Hoa Lu

Posted by lesleyvr on 7/10/2006 at 10:15

Any recommendations on visiting the Perfume Pagoda, Tam Coc, or Hoa Lu as day trips from Hanoi? ...

Read the full post.

Footprint travel

Posted by manxie on 6/10/2006 at 00:53

Has anyone used Footprint travel agent for any tours?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,992 times, with no replies.

APEC Summit in Hanoi?

Posted by halu on 3/10/2006 at 23:35

I've heard that there is going to be an APEC summit in Hanoi in late Oct or early Nov. Does anyone know if (or know how to find out if) the Hanoi airport will still be in operation? I'm planning on flying Vientiane - Hue, so I'd need to stop-over in Hanoi. Any info is appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,992 times, with no replies.

VietNam Airlines Domestic Fares

Posted by DakLak on 23/9/2006 at 04:42

VietNam Airlines web site is currently down as it tries to figure how to sell on-line. The following is a list of internal fares valid as of 2006SEP01. FROM________TO_______________FREQUENCY_COST HAN (Ha Noi). . DAD (Da Nang) . . . . 3 flt/day . 82/60 HAN . . . . . . . . DIN (Dien Bien Phu) .1 flt/day . 35 HAN . . . . . . . . HUI (Hue) . . . . . . . . 2 flt/day . 82/60 HAN . . . . . . . . NHA (Nha Trang) . . . 3 flt/day . 95 HAN . . . . . . . . SGN (Saigon). . . . . . 8 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,339 times, with no replies.

Vietnam Airlines (VN) to start online ticketing in 2006 November

Posted by DakLak on 21/9/2006 at 16:27

VietNam Airlines has stated: Booking tickets through the InterNet is set to be made available for Master Credit and Visa card users from 2006 October. Passengers can reserve tickets through the web site < www.vietnamair.com.vn > and would receive e-mail verification following the purchase. Vietnam Airlines (VN) to start online ticketing in 2006 November. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,354 times, with no replies.

Vietnam during Tet

Posted by Saul on 18/9/2006 at 19:45

Greetings all, this is my cherry-popping travelfish post! I am travelling to Thailand in late January/February next year. After some time in Thailand and a stop in Siem Reap to see Angkor, I was hoping to see a little bit of Northern Vietnam. Due to logistics and the need to fit in with others, I can only visit Vietnam towards the end of my trip- that is from about 16th February, which I understand is the time of the Tet festival. I had planned to spend about 9 days in Vietnam, comprised o ...

Read the full post.

from hanoi to HCM

Posted by brinner on 7/9/2006 at 11:03

Hi, We arrive in Hanoi this Saturday (09th Sept) and are travelling down the coast to HCM. We were wondering if we should do it ourselves or take a tour? We were thinking of doing it ourselves. We have 2.5 - 3 weeks to go down the coast. We were thinking of stopping at the following places: Hanoi to Halong Bay Hue Hoi An Nha Trang Mui Ne HCM Does anyone recommend anywhere else to stop or is this fine? Also what time allocation would people suggest for these places? Your comm ...

Read the full post.

domestic air travel in Vietnam

Posted by anthony on 16/9/2006 at 09:28

Hi, Where can I find some information about cheap domestic air fares in Vietnam thanks ...

Read the full post.

What type of money/cheques needed for 1 month travelling?

Posted by ruten on 6/9/2006 at 22:04

Hi! We're going to Vietnam in a few weeks, and will be staing there for apprx 4 weeks. How much money is needed for this stay? US Dollars, how much and in what bills? $1, $5, $ 10?? Travellers cheques? Visa? Mastercards? Euro?? Is it difficult to get money out of ATM's, and where can they be found? Is Dong usable for everything, or is it an advantage to have dollars? Will be travelling from HCMC to Hanoi along the coast, and back again... Regards Rune ...

Read the full post.

Kicking around in the Delta

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/8/2006 at 14:05

I'm off to Saigon and the Delta tomorrow for about two weeks -- down through Tra Vinh, Soc Trang, Bac Lieu, Ca Mau, Rach Gia, Hon Chong, Ha Tien, Phu Quoc and a few other spots along the way. If anyone's in the region and wants to meet up for a coupla 333's drop me a message in this thread. Have fun! ...

Read the full post.

help would be much appreciated!!!

Posted by alexrobinton on 11/9/2006 at 17:07

traveling for eight days in vietnam. flying into hanoi, leaving from saigon. would love a beach recommendation and somewhere along the mekong as well. we're on a tight budget and would love hostel recommendations! thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Phu Quoc Island and other Mekong Delta coverage added

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/9/2006 at 12:30

Just to let you know we've added in most of our new Mekong Delta coverage, including a bunch of pics from the lovely Phu Quoc Island. You can see the photos here: Phu Quoc Island photo gallery. ...

Read the full post.

Visa for Vietnam

Posted by brinner on 5/9/2006 at 13:11

Hi, We are currently in Viang Veng and are travelling to Vientiane. We have read that it takes 4 days to get a visa for Vietnam from here. However, we are flying from Vientiane to Hanoi, so is if possible to get it on arrival? Cheers Brian. ...

Read the full post.

Bus or Boat from Phnom Penh to HCMC

Posted by cambodiachris on 3/9/2006 at 13:07

Hi Folks, My mom is coming to visit my wife and I in PP, and we're planning to go to HCMC for a couple days. What is the most painless way to do that? Thanks for the help! Chris ...

Read the full post.

Tet Festival 2007

Posted by whitecat on 5/9/2006 at 17:41

Hi I'm travelling to Vietnam in February next year, and I've seen quite a few mentions of the Tet Festival. I'm having trouble working out exactly what date it begins on, and how long it goes for. I've seen both February 18th and 22nd mentioned. What sort of impact does it have on the tourist industry? I'll be in Ho Chi Minh City around that time, flying out on the 21st. I'd love to be there to see what its all like. This site is great! ...

Read the full post.

Multi entry visa

Posted by packedbags on 6/9/2006 at 01:16

We will be in Vietnam in Dec/Jan. We are flying into Hanoi and out of Saigon but were thinking about a side trip to Siem Reap. We do not yet have our Visa and were wondering if anyone knows how expensive a multi entry visa in (so that we can get back to catch our flight home). ...

Read the full post.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page