Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents—we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Visa By Mail

Posted by travelsalone on 1/4/2006 at 06:43

I discovered that it is possible to send for a visa by mail, but the application says this: "Name, address of your contact in Vietnam: (organization or individual)" Does anyone know if this means I must have a specific place to go initially, and that I cannot just state tourist, or something similar? I have written to the Vietnamese Embassy but have not yet received a response. Thanks, or thanks anyway! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,352 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tails101 on 3/5/2006 at 15:21

Book your Vietnam travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Bai Kem Beach

Posted by steviej on 28/4/2006 at 16:27

Hi Fellow Fishes, Has anybody any information regarding accommadation at Bai Kem beach on Phu Quoc island. chill steviej _______________________________________________ travel, the best non-compulsory education in the world ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,358 times, with no replies.

Vietnam Beaches / Islands

Posted by woody on 17/4/2006 at 20:59

Hi I am flying into Bangkok middle of May for a month and would like to spend the last 2 weeks (10 days) on the south islands of Thailand and the first 2 weeks in Vietnam / Cambodia ?? Have looked into Cambodia for 2 weeks but now the girlfriend says maybe Vietnam?? Has any body got any recomendations of Good cheap beaches / islands in Vietnam (looking for beach hut accomadation ) also would like a little culture for maybe a couple of days at the end away from the beaches? Can anybody recom ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,451 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Amitsanghvi100 on 22/4/2006 at 22:50

Hoi An guesthouses help needed

Posted by bonze on 26/1/2006 at 16:34

I've been going through and comparing your Hoi An listings to my guidebook and other stuff on the web. I've whittled it down to a few, but have some questions. I promise I won't ask you these type of questions for everywhere I stay. ;-) My finalists are: Nhi Trung Dai Long Thien Thanh Greenfield I'd prefer not to spend more than $10 a night. 1:Of these which would you say is the best backpacker place? I'm travelling alone so want somewhere where I can meet others. 2:Also, are they ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,388 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by clouie on 22/4/2006 at 21:47

Halong Bay Tour

Posted by clouie on 15/3/2006 at 13:29

Is it easy to book a Halong Bay Tour once in Hanoi? I inquired over the internet and the agent wanted to charge $360 US per person for a 3 night tour. Will this be cheaper if I try and book it once I'm there? I'm afraid $360 is not within my budget. I don't think I paid over $30 for the Mekong Delta Tour a couple of years ago. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,254 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by clouie on 22/4/2006 at 21:23

Thailand(Bangkok)-Vietnam(HCM)-Thailand(Koh Samui)

Posted by Alison24 on 18/4/2006 at 15:47

Hello. If I plan on travelling from Bangkok to Ho Chi Min and then to Koh Samui or another Thai island...do I need to fly back to Bangkok first? I'll be flying into Bangkok and want to visit Koh Samui and Ho Chi Min. Can anyone suggest the best way to make the trip? Domestic flights if possible!! :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,211 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Alison24 on 19/4/2006 at 20:39

Hanoi, Ho chi minh, siem reap

Posted by Globetrotter23 on 19/4/2006 at 16:47

i will be in hanoi, ho chi minh and siem reap, for two days each. If anyone can give me must-sees in these cities and possibly the name of a reliable (cheap) tour guide i would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,078 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/4/2006 at 19:40

Mui Ne - Best way to get to there from HCM

Posted by darcy on 17/2/2006 at 16:24

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows the pros/cons of going to Mui Ne via public transport or on a tour. I would prefer to go on Public Transport if it is cheap/fast/somewhat comfortable. Thanks in Advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,549 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by b18onboost on 14/4/2006 at 06:24

Vietnam in two weeks

Posted by fire_lily81 on 10/4/2006 at 13:14

I'm planning to start at Hanoi and end at Hi Chi Minh and cover these routes: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Ninh Binh - Hoi An - Nha Trang - Dalat - Ho Chi Minh City How do I get from one place to the other? Should I opt for open tour bus? I'm realy sceptic about the open tour bus though since i've read that they might drop you at an expensive guesthouse or somewhere that you don;t wanna go and get your already restricted time wasted. I know that train route is possible from from Hoi An to Nha Tran ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,399 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by fire_lily81 on 11/4/2006 at 17:30

If you need a guide tour!!!!!

Posted by thu142 on 10/4/2006 at 11:18

Hello everybody! Advertisement deleted. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,696 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/4/2006 at 16:56

5 Days in Vietnam

Posted by Mia on 30/3/2006 at 00:18

Hello. I managed to arrange for 5 days in Vietnam. I will be travelling solo, therefore, the whole planning is very flexible other than the fixed number of travel days. This is my situation at the moment - I have the choice to either fly in Hanoi, or Saigon. I definitely will visit Hanoi and I'm not for the touristy tours, but a nice soak in the local culture/sights/arts. I am just considering if it is wise to visit Saigon as well, in this duration. Here are few enquiries if anyone can help, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,782 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Mia on 30/3/2006 at 09:38

Ho Chi Minh - Mui Ne

Posted by Hildenor on 28/3/2006 at 21:42

Hey, I was wondering if there's a possibility to get to Mui Ne from the airport in Ho Chi Minh, or if I have to calculate with a night in Ho Chi Minh to get bus tickets. I have a flight that arrive around noon. Hilde ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,108 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Mia on 30/3/2006 at 00:17

XXXXX Hotels - An Economical Place To Stay in Hanoi, Viet Nam

Posted by north2 on 26/3/2006 at 22:46

POST DELETED The travelboard is not a forum for guesthouses and hotels to advertsise their services. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,530 times, with no replies.

cheap flights from ho chi minh to bangkok

Posted by Kirsche on 24/3/2006 at 23:21

i'm planning to fly back from ho chi minh to bangkok. do you know what the cheapest option is? are there any low cost carriers? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,682 times, with no replies.

Racism in Ho Chi Minh City

Posted by ironmonkey on 10/3/2006 at 19:48

Through another message board, I've become aware of Racism at Hotels in HCMC. It appears that some Vietnamese hotel owners are refusing accomodation to black people. I was in Vietnam last summer and as a mixed raced (Jamaican/English) person I cannot say I experience any overt racism. However, I did notice that there were quite a few black africans hanging out in the backpacker areas of HCMC. Whilst travelling down Vietnam's coast, I hadn't seen a single black face so I asked an Aussie, who ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,957 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by abiyogini on 17/3/2006 at 02:26

Phu Quoc

Posted by treacle on 21/2/2006 at 16:45

I am traveling to Vietnam for three weeks in May - heading to HCM City from Cambodia. I had planned to head up the east coast but have recently been recommended a trip to the beaches of Phu Quoc island. Could you tell me the best way to get to the island, and also any recommendations whilst there - guidebooks have been scarce on information so far. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,898 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by clouie on 15/3/2006 at 13:08

Hanoi in 3 days

Posted by Mia on 6/3/2006 at 01:04

Hello, I will be travelling to Hanoi for 3 days 3 nights, in May. My accomodation is not arranged, I have no intentions of making pre-booked activities till I arrive there. Here I am having a few questions, hoping to find some answers for my planning. 1. My flight arrives at 1920hrs on a Friday. Upon arrival, any suggestions for what to do from that time onwards? 2. I am looking to stay at Hanoi Guesthouse. As far as i've read, it seems to be quite popular among travellers. I am lookin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,916 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Mia on 8/3/2006 at 22:21

Hanoi guesthouse recommendations

Posted by jenfin on 10/2/2006 at 17:56

Hi, first time poster here with a question. I'm flying into Hanoi in a few days and was wondering if anyone could suggest a decent guesthouse within the old quarter? I'm not looking for anything flash, just a clean and comfortable double room for around $10-15 per night. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,878 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mrandmrsburke on 3/3/2006 at 17:09

essential to do list

Posted by leonieaudice on 22/2/2006 at 01:23

Hi myself and my boyfriend are backpack but only pass through vietnam for 2 weeks and so will only have time to do essentials if anybody has experienced any part of vietnam that they think is unmissable then let us know cos we can add it to our to do list thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,825 times, with no replies.

How does this sound for Vietnam

Posted by Louise73 on 8/2/2006 at 02:37

Hi, I'm going to Thailand and Vietnam for 6 weeks. I plan to spend the first two weeks in Thailand and then fly to Vietnam from BKK. I have two weeks for Vietnam - is this realistic? My rough plan is to land in HCM and then do some touring from there (Mekong Delta, Ciu Ciu Tunnels & Cao Dai Temple and of course HCM). From here I plan to fly to Danang and then do an overnight stop there and then move on to Hoian for a couple of days. I will then make my way to Hue for an overnight ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,500 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by quefew on 11/2/2006 at 22:49

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page