Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents—we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

ATMs

Posted by bat on 4/6/2006 at 16:23

I understand that there are no ATMs in Laos, but what about international ATMs in Vietnam (and Cambodia)? In particular this would be for a card from the USA (MasterCard) or South Africa? thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,192 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 4/6/2006 at 16:52

Book your Vietnam travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Travel to Hui An from HCM or Hanoi?

Posted by ejiana on 4/6/2006 at 01:34

I have a free week or two in September in between when i need to be in Cambodia and when I need to be in Singapore, and am looking for somewhere with some beaches and some culture... a friend of mine just came back from a trip around Vietnam, and really loved the Hui An area, and it sounds like just the place I'm looking to spend a week or so at... However, I'm trying to find flights, and the only ones I can find are on tiger airways from Singapore to Da Nang, for $192 each way! it's a bit ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,186 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 4/6/2006 at 06:32

visa for cambodia in vietnam?

Posted by Hildenor on 30/5/2006 at 21:22

Hey, We're gonna cross the border at Moc Bai - Bavet, and I've read that you now can get a visa here. Is that right? If not where can I get a visa for Cambodia in Ho Chi Minh? Hilde ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,238 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 31/5/2006 at 06:02

Vietnam queries

Posted by Bigcustardbowl on 10/5/2006 at 01:20

Hello, I am going to be travelling around Vietnam/Cambodia/ and Laos for 6 weeks from the 1st of July. We are going to be free agents really - so was just wondering if anyone has any handy tips they can give us? Places to go? Nice Towns? Cheap accomodation (e.g. beach sleeping?) things to do, architecture, dangers? things to be wary of? etc. etc. Any help would be much appreciated. Also - I have heard you can get the visa from the Vietnamese border? - Is this true? Or will I get there and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,387 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/5/2006 at 07:13

Traveling in Hanoi and surrounding area

Posted by Sunny5049 on 8/5/2006 at 18:14

Is there much to do outside of Hanoi city? What are some suggestions? Even if it means taking a day bus trip to get somewhere else. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,848 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/5/2006 at 09:37

HK to HoChi Minh flight

Posted by ekuutan on 7/5/2006 at 01:47

Any idea where I can get a cheap flight from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh city? So far United has quoted me the lowest at around 300 USD. Enn ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,936 times, with no replies.

How To Get From Na Maew Border to Hanoi?

Posted by besty123 on 4/5/2006 at 22:54

Hi everyone. Can anyone give any advice about how to get from the Na Maew / Nam Xoi border to Hanoi? E.G. Times, Prices and availability. Thanks for any help. Rob & Sarah ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,264 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/5/2006 at 06:43

Visa By Mail

Posted by travelsalone on 1/4/2006 at 06:43

I discovered that it is possible to send for a visa by mail, but the application says this: "Name, address of your contact in Vietnam: (organization or individual)" Does anyone know if this means I must have a specific place to go initially, and that I cannot just state tourist, or something similar? I have written to the Vietnamese Embassy but have not yet received a response. Thanks, or thanks anyway! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,369 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tails101 on 3/5/2006 at 15:21

Bai Kem Beach

Posted by steviej on 28/4/2006 at 16:27

Hi Fellow Fishes, Has anybody any information regarding accommadation at Bai Kem beach on Phu Quoc island. chill steviej _______________________________________________ travel, the best non-compulsory education in the world ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,376 times, with no replies.

Vietnam Beaches / Islands

Posted by woody on 17/4/2006 at 20:59

Hi I am flying into Bangkok middle of May for a month and would like to spend the last 2 weeks (10 days) on the south islands of Thailand and the first 2 weeks in Vietnam / Cambodia ?? Have looked into Cambodia for 2 weeks but now the girlfriend says maybe Vietnam?? Has any body got any recomendations of Good cheap beaches / islands in Vietnam (looking for beach hut accomadation ) also would like a little culture for maybe a couple of days at the end away from the beaches? Can anybody recom ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,468 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Amitsanghvi100 on 22/4/2006 at 22:50

Hoi An guesthouses help needed

Posted by bonze on 26/1/2006 at 16:34

I've been going through and comparing your Hoi An listings to my guidebook and other stuff on the web. I've whittled it down to a few, but have some questions. I promise I won't ask you these type of questions for everywhere I stay. ;-) My finalists are: Nhi Trung Dai Long Thien Thanh Greenfield I'd prefer not to spend more than $10 a night. 1:Of these which would you say is the best backpacker place? I'm travelling alone so want somewhere where I can meet others. 2:Also, are they ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,404 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by clouie on 22/4/2006 at 21:47

Halong Bay Tour

Posted by clouie on 15/3/2006 at 13:29

Is it easy to book a Halong Bay Tour once in Hanoi? I inquired over the internet and the agent wanted to charge $360 US per person for a 3 night tour. Will this be cheaper if I try and book it once I'm there? I'm afraid $360 is not within my budget. I don't think I paid over $30 for the Mekong Delta Tour a couple of years ago. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,275 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by clouie on 22/4/2006 at 21:23

Thailand(Bangkok)-Vietnam(HCM)-Thailand(Koh Samui)

Posted by Alison24 on 18/4/2006 at 15:47

Hello. If I plan on travelling from Bangkok to Ho Chi Min and then to Koh Samui or another Thai island...do I need to fly back to Bangkok first? I'll be flying into Bangkok and want to visit Koh Samui and Ho Chi Min. Can anyone suggest the best way to make the trip? Domestic flights if possible!! :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,233 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Alison24 on 19/4/2006 at 20:39

Hanoi, Ho chi minh, siem reap

Posted by Globetrotter23 on 19/4/2006 at 16:47

i will be in hanoi, ho chi minh and siem reap, for two days each. If anyone can give me must-sees in these cities and possibly the name of a reliable (cheap) tour guide i would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,100 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/4/2006 at 19:40

Mui Ne - Best way to get to there from HCM

Posted by darcy on 17/2/2006 at 16:24

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows the pros/cons of going to Mui Ne via public transport or on a tour. I would prefer to go on Public Transport if it is cheap/fast/somewhat comfortable. Thanks in Advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,570 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by b18onboost on 14/4/2006 at 06:24

Vietnam in two weeks

Posted by fire_lily81 on 10/4/2006 at 13:14

I'm planning to start at Hanoi and end at Hi Chi Minh and cover these routes: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Ninh Binh - Hoi An - Nha Trang - Dalat - Ho Chi Minh City How do I get from one place to the other? Should I opt for open tour bus? I'm realy sceptic about the open tour bus though since i've read that they might drop you at an expensive guesthouse or somewhere that you don;t wanna go and get your already restricted time wasted. I know that train route is possible from from Hoi An to Nha Tran ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,425 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by fire_lily81 on 11/4/2006 at 17:30

If you need a guide tour!!!!!

Posted by thu142 on 10/4/2006 at 11:18

Hello everybody! Advertisement deleted. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,723 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/4/2006 at 16:56

5 Days in Vietnam

Posted by Mia on 30/3/2006 at 00:18

Hello. I managed to arrange for 5 days in Vietnam. I will be travelling solo, therefore, the whole planning is very flexible other than the fixed number of travel days. This is my situation at the moment - I have the choice to either fly in Hanoi, or Saigon. I definitely will visit Hanoi and I'm not for the touristy tours, but a nice soak in the local culture/sights/arts. I am just considering if it is wise to visit Saigon as well, in this duration. Here are few enquiries if anyone can help, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,804 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Mia on 30/3/2006 at 09:38

Ho Chi Minh - Mui Ne

Posted by Hildenor on 28/3/2006 at 21:42

Hey, I was wondering if there's a possibility to get to Mui Ne from the airport in Ho Chi Minh, or if I have to calculate with a night in Ho Chi Minh to get bus tickets. I have a flight that arrive around noon. Hilde ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,126 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Mia on 30/3/2006 at 00:17

XXXXX Hotels - An Economical Place To Stay in Hanoi, Viet Nam

Posted by north2 on 26/3/2006 at 22:46

POST DELETED The travelboard is not a forum for guesthouses and hotels to advertsise their services. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,562 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page