Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents—we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Is Halong Bay a good place to be for New Years eve?

Posted by Isa77 on 13/7/2006 at 14:05

I'm travelling for two weeks over Christmas and New years to Vietnam and wasn't sure where we should be for New Years eve itself. Is Halong Bay a good place to be? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,535 times, with 3 replies.

Book your Vietnam travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

Beaches In July

Posted by besty123 on 4/5/2006 at 23:15

We are taking the coastal train from Hanoi to Saigon in mid July and would like to spend some time on some nice beaches. Could anyone recommend any nice beaches for this time of year? Any help would be kindly appreciated. Rob & Sarah ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,583 times, with 4 replies.

Vietnam Trains....

Posted by bliprogers on 8/7/2006 at 06:04

Love this site.... Anyway, recently spoke to a few people back from travelling who had bought a very cheap train ticket from Hanoi to Saigon and could hop on and off as they chose, is this true and how can i get more info?? Checked seat61.com for train info and it claims this is not possible ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,544 times, with 3 replies.

China? Or not.....

Posted by bliprogers on 7/7/2006 at 21:17

thinking of passing into China whilst in Northern Vietnam!??? Any advice / ideas??? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,018 times, with 3 replies.

Beach resort

Posted by cnicolle on 12/7/2006 at 18:55

Travelling to Vietnam in August doing the North to South route. When we get down to the South fancy spending some time on a beach. We are interested in snorkelling and diving. Have tried to book Whale Island but fully booked has anyone got any suggestions ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,609 times, with 1 reply.

Cash Issues

Posted by Stig on 9/7/2006 at 17:45

Hi, I'm currently in north Vietnam and am planning to hop over to Laos quite soon via a land border, hopefully Na Maew. The only trouble is that, due to some poor planning earlier on in my trip which resulted in my bank account being dry for a while, I had to use a lot of my travellers cheques and US$ stash and then didn't refill it when I could. This means I have $240 in cheques and $50 cash, which I fear will be too little for about two weeks in Laos and about another two weeks in Cambodia, p ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,239 times, with 3 replies.

Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

Posted by floweryrainbow on 4/7/2006 at 20:55

Hi, in cambodia at the moment and planning to leave for vietnam next week. Would anyone know the best way to get from Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc? I have been advised to possibly avoid the delta as it is rainy season and the mosquitos are particularly bad, is this true. I was considering getting the boat to Chau Doc and then making my way down the delta to then fly to the island, does anyone know if this is tricky or possible. Would it be more sensible to get the bus from PP to HCMC and then fly to P ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,011 times, with 1 reply.

Vietnam travel - Halong bay

Posted by vietnamtravel on 23/6/2006 at 11:04

Vietnam Travel Guide Ha Long literally means descending dragon(s) and according to local myth, the story goes as follows: Long ago when their forefathers were fighting foreign invaders from the north, the gods from heaven sent a family of dragons to help defend their land. This family of dragons descended upon what is now Ha Long bay and began spitting out jewels and jade. Upon hitting the sea, these jewels turned into the various islands and islets dotting the seascape and formed a formidabl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,335 times, with 1 reply.

Vietnam in April

Posted by Birdie on 14/6/2006 at 16:58

Hi. I am hoping to go to Vietnam from Bangkok in April & have had conflicting views on the weather at this time of year. We are going to Hanoi and wanted to know if would be reasonably warm then?? Any info would be great. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,000 times, with 1 reply.

Update: Singapore-Danang flights

Posted by ejiana on 12/6/2006 at 09:55

I posted earlier about trying to find flights from anywhere (preferably Cambodia or Singapore) to Danang. I had found the tiger air flight from singapore. for the past couple of weeks, the price was showing up sometimes as SG$301, sometimes as SG$192, both of which were no good compared to the flights to Hanoi or HCM for just SG$40. So I was waiting around for prices to change, but my friend booked the ticket for her and her boyfriend anyways. Well, Saturday they got an email saying the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,839 times, with no replies.

HaNoi Airport

Posted by bat on 4/6/2006 at 17:45

Is it quite simple to get transport from the airport to the Old Quarter (Tung Trang Hotel)? What modes of transport are there, and which is recommended? And for about how much? Thank you so much for your prompt and informative replies. This site is _by far_ the best one we've found! :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,267 times, with 1 reply.

ATMs

Posted by bat on 4/6/2006 at 16:23

I understand that there are no ATMs in Laos, but what about international ATMs in Vietnam (and Cambodia)? In particular this would be for a card from the USA (MasterCard) or South Africa? thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,246 times, with 1 reply.

Travel to Hui An from HCM or Hanoi?

Posted by ejiana on 4/6/2006 at 01:34

I have a free week or two in September in between when i need to be in Cambodia and when I need to be in Singapore, and am looking for somewhere with some beaches and some culture... a friend of mine just came back from a trip around Vietnam, and really loved the Hui An area, and it sounds like just the place I'm looking to spend a week or so at... However, I'm trying to find flights, and the only ones I can find are on tiger airways from Singapore to Da Nang, for $192 each way! it's a bit ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,250 times, with 1 reply.

visa for cambodia in vietnam?

Posted by Hildenor on 30/5/2006 at 21:22

Hey, We're gonna cross the border at Moc Bai - Bavet, and I've read that you now can get a visa here. Is that right? If not where can I get a visa for Cambodia in Ho Chi Minh? Hilde ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,298 times, with 1 reply.

Vietnam queries

Posted by Bigcustardbowl on 10/5/2006 at 01:20

Hello, I am going to be travelling around Vietnam/Cambodia/ and Laos for 6 weeks from the 1st of July. We are going to be free agents really - so was just wondering if anyone has any handy tips they can give us? Places to go? Nice Towns? Cheap accomodation (e.g. beach sleeping?) things to do, architecture, dangers? things to be wary of? etc. etc. Any help would be much appreciated. Also - I have heard you can get the visa from the Vietnamese border? - Is this true? Or will I get there and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,441 times, with 2 replies.

Traveling in Hanoi and surrounding area

Posted by Sunny5049 on 8/5/2006 at 18:14

Is there much to do outside of Hanoi city? What are some suggestions? Even if it means taking a day bus trip to get somewhere else. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,911 times, with 1 reply.

HK to HoChi Minh flight

Posted by ekuutan on 7/5/2006 at 01:47

Any idea where I can get a cheap flight from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh city? So far United has quoted me the lowest at around 300 USD. Enn ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,981 times, with no replies.

How To Get From Na Maew Border to Hanoi?

Posted by besty123 on 4/5/2006 at 22:54

Hi everyone. Can anyone give any advice about how to get from the Na Maew / Nam Xoi border to Hanoi? E.G. Times, Prices and availability. Thanks for any help. Rob & Sarah ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,330 times, with 1 reply.

Visa By Mail

Posted by travelsalone on 1/4/2006 at 06:43

I discovered that it is possible to send for a visa by mail, but the application says this: "Name, address of your contact in Vietnam: (organization or individual)" Does anyone know if this means I must have a specific place to go initially, and that I cannot just state tourist, or something similar? I have written to the Vietnamese Embassy but have not yet received a response. Thanks, or thanks anyway! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,442 times, with 5 replies.

Bai Kem Beach

Posted by steviej on 28/4/2006 at 16:27

Hi Fellow Fishes, Has anybody any information regarding accommadation at Bai Kem beach on Phu Quoc island. chill steviej _______________________________________________ travel, the best non-compulsory education in the world ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,444 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page