Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

XXXXX Hotels - An Economical Place To Stay in Hanoi, Viet Nam

Posted by north2 on 26/3/2006 at 22:46

POST DELETED The travelboard is not a forum for guesthouses and hotels to advertsise their services. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,347 times, with no replies.

Book your Vietnam travel tickets online
  Buy train, bus and ferry tickets online.

cheap flights from ho chi minh to bangkok

Posted by Kirsche on 24/3/2006 at 23:21

i'm planning to fly back from ho chi minh to bangkok. do you know what the cheapest option is? are there any low cost carriers? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,546 times, with no replies.

Racism in Ho Chi Minh City

Posted by ironmonkey on 10/3/2006 at 19:48

Through another message board, I've become aware of Racism at Hotels in HCMC. It appears that some Vietnamese hotel owners are refusing accomodation to black people. I was in Vietnam last summer and as a mixed raced (Jamaican/English) person I cannot say I experience any overt racism. However, I did notice that there were quite a few black africans hanging out in the backpacker areas of HCMC. Whilst travelling down Vietnam's coast, I hadn't seen a single black face so I asked an Aussie, who ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,373 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by abiyogini on 17/3/2006 at 02:26

Phu Quoc

Posted by treacle on 21/2/2006 at 16:45

I am traveling to Vietnam for three weeks in May - heading to HCM City from Cambodia. I had planned to head up the east coast but have recently been recommended a trip to the beaches of Phu Quoc island. Could you tell me the best way to get to the island, and also any recommendations whilst there - guidebooks have been scarce on information so far. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,804 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by clouie on 15/3/2006 at 13:08

Hanoi in 3 days

Posted by Mia on 6/3/2006 at 01:04

Hello, I will be travelling to Hanoi for 3 days 3 nights, in May. My accomodation is not arranged, I have no intentions of making pre-booked activities till I arrive there. Here I am having a few questions, hoping to find some answers for my planning. 1. My flight arrives at 1920hrs on a Friday. Upon arrival, any suggestions for what to do from that time onwards? 2. I am looking to stay at Hanoi Guesthouse. As far as i've read, it seems to be quite popular among travellers. I am lookin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,814 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Mia on 8/3/2006 at 22:21

Hanoi guesthouse recommendations

Posted by jenfin on 10/2/2006 at 17:56

Hi, first time poster here with a question. I'm flying into Hanoi in a few days and was wondering if anyone could suggest a decent guesthouse within the old quarter? I'm not looking for anything flash, just a clean and comfortable double room for around $10-15 per night. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,792 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mrandmrsburke on 3/3/2006 at 17:09

essential to do list

Posted by leonieaudice on 22/2/2006 at 01:23

Hi myself and my boyfriend are backpack but only pass through vietnam for 2 weeks and so will only have time to do essentials if anybody has experienced any part of vietnam that they think is unmissable then let us know cos we can add it to our to do list thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,708 times, with no replies.

How does this sound for Vietnam

Posted by Louise73 on 8/2/2006 at 02:37

Hi, I'm going to Thailand and Vietnam for 6 weeks. I plan to spend the first two weeks in Thailand and then fly to Vietnam from BKK. I have two weeks for Vietnam - is this realistic? My rough plan is to land in HCM and then do some touring from there (Mekong Delta, Ciu Ciu Tunnels & Cao Dai Temple and of course HCM). From here I plan to fly to Danang and then do an overnight stop there and then move on to Hoian for a couple of days. I will then make my way to Hue for an overnight ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,368 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by quefew on 11/2/2006 at 22:49

Open Tours buses

Posted by bonze on 24/1/2006 at 17:47

I've heard about the Sinh Cafe open tours, can you give me an idea on costs and where they go (I want to go from south Viet Nam to the north) thankyou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,934 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by bonze on 25/1/2006 at 14:52

Travel guideline when go to Viet Nam

Posted by nguoixanh on 13/3/2013 at 10:37

Viewed 927 times, with no replies.

Sell Motorcycle

Posted by suttertraveling on 17/7/2013 at 06:39

Viewed 977 times, with no replies.

Suggest the best place in Sapa

Posted by CherryNguyen on 8/6/2015 at 23:37

Viewed 966 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page